Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Alice, Faye, MEGAQUEEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8_Escape
Dec 26, 2013
Faye, Cassandra and Akatsuki
I was going to go with three members of the team that got ambushed then I decided to go for great justice...and someone to keep them from getting themselves killed.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
Asteria, Akatsuki, Susan

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Asteria, Faye, Akatsuki

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
Asteria because she's the best character,
Alice because she needs to gain some self-confidence (and I think I know what skill you're aiming for),
and Scott. I don't have a reason for him.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Faye,Akatsuki,Fang

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013
Alice, Scott, MEGAQUEEN

overlordbunny
Feb 16, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

Asteria, Faye, Akatsuki

This.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, it's kind of odd that Olympia's been apparently pulling this con for decades now, but doesn't really look that much older than anyone in our guild. If she's really been at it for that long, you'd think she'd look closer to Flowdia in age.

Totally read this as:

W.T. Fits posted:

you'd think she'd look closer to Flo Rida in age.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Alice, Cassandra, Akatsuki

Hellfire is a thing of beauty. :allears:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Alice, Faye, and LPer's Choice

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Alice, Asteria, and Dr. Fetus's choice.

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008
Asteria, 2x Doctor's Choice.

You know, I am really, SERIOUSLY regretting not having a Zodiac in my party now that I'm seeing my uberGladiator's Charged Mumyouken pales so much in comparison. Why did I hang on to my utility Prince for so long :negative:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Old Greg posted:

Asteria, 2x Doctor's Choice.

You know, I am really, SERIOUSLY regretting not having a Zodiac in my party now that I'm seeing my uberGladiator's Charged Mumyouken pales so much in comparison. Why did I hang on to my utility Prince for so long :negative:
If it makes you feel any better, Zodiacs do fall off later. Not as badly as EO2 Alchemists, but still.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Votes so far:

Alice: 8
Akatsuki: 8
Asteria: 8
Faye: 7
Susan: 3

Fang: 2
Scott: 2
Cassandra: 2
Rose: 1
Sidney: 0

My choice: 4

Oh gross, Monk and Prince on the same team. Along with a Farmer. :barf: Well that might change, so who knows.

theshim posted:

If it makes you feel any better, Zodiacs do fall off later. Not as badly as EO2 Alchemists, but still.

Yeah around the post-game, they can still be damage dealers, but chances are that they're gonna act more like supports than dealing damage most of the time. They're not the wrecking balls they are in the main game. Still, it's better than EO2 Alchemists, who were stuck with nothing once post-game came around.

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah around the post-game, they can still be damage dealers, but chances are that they're gonna act more like supports than dealing damage most of the time. They're not the wrecking balls they are in the main game. Still, it's better than EO2 Alchemists, who were stuck with nothing once post-game came around.

I'll just have to roll that Zodiac regret into my next EO4 playthrough then. Better ways to get exp if I end up ditching them later anyway!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Fang, Scott, and Cassandra

theshim
May 1, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Votes so far:

My choice: 4

Oh gross, Monk and Prince on the same team. Along with a Farmer. :barf: Well that might change, so who knows.
All I'm saying is - looking at the votes - people want you to bring your A-team :v:

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

I'm Doctor Shibbo, and this is Jackass.
Nap Ghost
Fang, Scott, Akatsuki

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Cassandra, Scott and Rose

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

: Shut your mouth! I'll have you know that one of my birthright cannot help but be perfect in every way! :colbert:

Spielmeister
Mar 31, 2014
I really should have paid more attention to the limits. I guess I ended up ignoring them most of the time since you have to re-equip them every time your party changes.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Votes so far:

:stonklol:

Cassandra, your choice x2

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Cassandra, Asteria, Akatsuki

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I think I'll be nice here. LPer's Choice x3

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

MEGAQUEEN, Asteria, and Fang.

Blue Link
Apr 22, 2014
Akatsuki, Asteria, your choice

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Rose, Cassandra, Asteria

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

alcharagia posted:

: Shut your mouth! I'll have you know that one of my birthright cannot help but be perfect in every way! :colbert:

:perfect:?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

VOTING IS CLOSED! The final results:

Asteria: 12
Akatsuki: 11
Cassandra: 7

Fang: 5
Scott: 5
Susan: 4
Rose: 3

My choice: 10

Don't think I'll be making any changes this time either. The party will be Cassandra, Faye, Alice, Akatsuki, Asteria. So we're hunting down a serial killer, and you decided to send a farmer, a helpless little girl, to get the job done. Don't blame me when if she dies horribly.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

: But of course. After all, only I could've been capable of defeating the Overlord all by myself. They don't call me "The Excellent" for nothing. :smug:

: If one more word comes out of your insipid mouth you will never receive a high-five again.

: ALIARA NO DON'T LEAVE ME :cry:

...and that's why Bellamy hasn't already defeated Olympia and her foul roboplots.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
Ah, this LP is pretty fun; thanks for it. Also...

SusanM E G A Q U E E N is the best. (This is the first thing that sprang to mind when I read her gimmick, took me a while to getting around to doodling it, though.)

theshim
May 1, 2012

MShadowy posted:

SusanM E G A Q U E E N is the best. (This is the first thing that sprang to mind when I read her gimmick, took me a while to getting around to doodling it, though.)
Oh my goooooood :allears:

This is wonderful. You are wonderful.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MShadowy posted:

This is the best. Long live the queen.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

MShadowy posted:

Thank you. This is fantastic :allears: Stuck that in the OP.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

This is the greatest thing in the history of forever.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Wanted to pop in from lurking to say I've been loving the LP. You do a brilliant job of dissecting everything about these games and I hope you do EO4 (my first~) in the future.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...wow. Hellfire is ridiculous in the right hands. That just doesn't seem fair. Well, you have to charge up for it first at least.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RedRupee posted:

Wanted to pop in from lurking to say I've been loving the LP. You do a brilliant job of dissecting everything about these games and I hope you do EO4 (my first~) in the future.

3DS capture is super expensive so this is unlikely.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, I can't do EO4. I have a New 3DS XL instead of a 3DS, and I don't know if the guy does those. It's also very expensive and would take a long time for him to do it. And even if I had the equipment, the 3DS EO games haven't been datamined much as the DS games, so I can't actually tell you a lot about the game like I'm doing here. So I wouldn't have much to talk about. Besides, I'm pretty sure that someone else already expressed interest in doing an LP of EO4 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
In that case, maybe we can finally get a complete LP of EO1 :v:

• Locked thread