Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EcoBlue
Jan 1, 2008

Ugato posted:

Does it crash before dandelion starts talking? May be a corrupt video file or something.

It crashes after. It plays the video, and then about a quarter of the way through loading I crash.

I imported the game into GoG Galaxy, in order to check file consistency. Everything checked out, still crashes.

EcoBlue fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

EcoBlue posted:

It crashes after. It plays the video, and then about a quarter of the way through loading I crash.

I imported the game into GoG Galaxy, in order to check file consistency. Everything checked out, still crashes.

If you head over to the official forums you can probably get in touch with one of our peeps who can get your savegame so we can try and figure it out. Even if we can't fix it in your game we can use the info to fix it in future patches.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Is there an option to turn spoiler tags off because I'm tired of this thread reading like a CIA memo.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Yeah just hover your mouse over them :rimshot:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
One of the things that keep bothering me is that enemies are leashed and it's incredibly common, at least for me, to accidentally move far enough away that the NPCs turn around and walk back to their leashing spot.

I get that NPCs should not follow you to the end of the world and that they are not leashed right on the main road so you can actually decide whether to engage or not, but it still feels a bit unsatisfying. Somewhat related to that I am not entirely sure if some monsters (ghouls particularly) really are supposed to spend 90 percent of their time just scurrying around the field instead of attacking me. I do like the attack patterns of wolves and drowners though. Drowner packs at my level are still something I have to be careful with, due to their non-parryable attacks and them actually swarming aggressively.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The leash thing is also something that you can cheese - damage an opponent, go back outside his attack radius, meditate for an hour to get the whole health bar back, resume attacking while the enemies still have their health bars damaged, repeat. It's something I'm forcing myself not to do though because it makes the game too easy. The enemy bars should be just going back to full when you meditate.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If your difficulty is set low enough that meditating restores your health I can't imagine any enemy taking long enough to kill that you'd need to do that.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

To beat enemies outleveling me otherwise.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I wish I could toggle the leash lenght through a mod just to see how horrible you can be. Leading those angry alghuls to Novigrad could end up amazingly broken.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I guess the reference in the new DLC was coming ever since the Witcher school was named "of Cat"...

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
New look for Ciri coming at some point:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

New look for Ciri coming at some point:

apparently everyone associated with geralt did not learn from his pitchfork incident.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Seriously, a chain-mail belly shirt? It's not as weak as Yen's and Triss's DLCs but honestly just looks functionally dumb in a game where all Geralt's outfits are on the realistic side.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i think whoever runs the xbox side of things hosed up with that ciri stuff, seemed like we were only meant to get the cat quest dlc this week and then xbox goes and jumps the gun.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Palpek posted:

Seriously, a chain-mail belly shirt? It's not as weak as Yen's and Triss's DLCs but honestly just looks functionally dumb in a game where all Geralt's outfits are on the realistic side.

to be fair, eskel and lambert have the exact same problem going on, as well as the wolf armor. it seems to be some weird stylistic choice that witchers feel the single most exposed and vulnerable part of their body needs to be left open to attack, and its obvious why she also only has a belly shirt on under it.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

WoodrowSkillson posted:

to be fair, eskel and lambert have the exact same problem going on, as well as the wolf armor. it seems to be some weird stylistic choice that witchers feel the single most exposed and vulnerable part of their body needs to be left open to attack, and its obvious why she also only has a belly shirt on under it.

And that is why the griffin school and griffin armor is better. (Also OP signs)

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
So I was fighting an enemy that outleveled me, but I was still able to damage him little by little. Around halfway through the fight I leveled up and while I was still doing the same amount of damage, I noticed that I took off larger chunks off the monster's HP than before. Made me scratch my head a little..

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Archer666 posted:

So I was fighting an enemy that outleveled me, but I was still able to damage him little by little. Around halfway through the fight I leveled up and while I was still doing the same amount of damage, I noticed that I took off larger chunks off the monster's HP than before. Made me scratch my head a little..

Levels have a massive impact on combat. I don't know the specifics but even a single one can make a difference between the fight being impossible and not, especially on Death March.

EcoBlue
Jan 1, 2008

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

If you head over to the official forums you can probably get in touch with one of our peeps who can get your savegame so we can try and figure it out. Even if we can't fix it in your game we can use the info to fix it in future patches.

I'll head over there, thanks!

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Comte, tell everyone we want upgrades of the sweet Kaer Morhen armour Geralt wears in the beginning and all the cutscenes.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Archer666 posted:

You aren't going crazy, levels have a huge impact (which the game either doesn't or barely tells you about). Pretty odd really.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Whoever it was who told me a while ago to start ignoring the ?s and just do whatever sidequests I wanted was right. The game is much more freeing and fun if I just pick them up along my way to different sidequests and poo poo. it feels more like a chore (e.g. Riddler trophies in Arkham) to run around to each ? on the map. Especially early on in Velen where half the poo poo is way over your level.

Also, thanks for telling me that on PS4 the only way to get the DLC is via the PSN directly (instead of via the game menus). No wonder I had no idea you could get armor for Roach before. Downloaded all of it last night.

poptart_fairy posted:

Levels have a massive impact on combat. I don't know the specifics but even a single one can make a difference between the fight being impossible and not, especially on Death March.

I've not played on Death March, but I found that even if you go after guys just marginally outside the "recommended" range, you can win if your tactics are good. Early on, I killed a lot of bosses that had those red warning skulls on them. Did they require patience? Yes, but those 1v1 battles vs the Wyverns or really any of the flying creatures are generally pretty easy to do fight "perfectly". That all said, yes, one level makes a huge amount of difference in this game. It's shocking... but good.

Speaking of levels, when does "act 1" end? I'm almost level 20 and I feel like I may not even be there? I did some of the Yennifer storyline stuff in Skellige before meeting up with Triss and now I'm kinda doing both at the same time. For Yen, I'm supposed to meet her at some sort of magical area that the King wouldn't let her see until I got there to convince him. For Triss, I did like the first quest or two for her, and I just talked to some other lady that told me to talk to two other people for where Ciri may be. It's just so :psyduck: because basically I've got two "where's Ciri" quests going on, I probably should have done the Triss stuff first.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Act 1 ends during the story mission Ugly Baby

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Also, seriously, where do you get red mutagens? I'm swimming in green and blue ones, and I think I have maybe 3 "red" ones but they're all warewolf mutagens.

Even lesser ones would be fine, I can just craft em into regular/greater

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
Just finished the new DLC quest, Cat and Wolf, and some comments on the end: I let the Cat chap drink a potion before I fought him and he threw a bomb that blinded me for 60 seconds. Seemed pretty fuckin excessive.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

JetsGuy posted:

Also, seriously, where do you get red mutagens? I'm swimming in green and blue ones, and I think I have maybe 3 "red" ones but they're all warewolf mutagens.

Even lesser ones would be fine, I can just craft em into regular/greater

Wyverns drop red mutagens.
I didn't get many (maybe 3 in total) over the course of the game that weren't specific to certain monsters though.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Xarn posted:

And that is why the griffin school and griffin armor is better. (Also OP signs)

bear armor for live

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I'm replaying this game on Death March after beating it on Blood and Broken Bones. I did not notice Gretka acting like a monster the first time around fighting the wolf king.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC6W4qBQcUI
:allears: This game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Scandalous posted:

Just finished the new DLC quest, Cat and Wolf, and some comments on the end: I let the Cat chap drink a potion before I fought him and he threw a bomb that blinded me for 60 seconds. Seemed pretty fuckin excessive.

i did the same. i lol'd at my dumbness.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'd like to try the bear armor but with the mouse controls I'm never really sure I'm doing a heavy attack.

People on Reddit were saying that there are hints that the next patch will include inventory fixes. Hopefully a storage chest. Idk what the plan was having dlc with new armor sets come out without having a storage chest lol

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Man they just can't stop releasing free dlc. This is how DLC should be done.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
That chainmail top really doesn't look Ciri at all. How many lightly armoured ones were there on the concept art to pick?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Scandalous posted:

What level is it and where can you find it?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

GuyUpNorth posted:

That chainmail top really doesn't look Ciri at all. How many lightly armoured ones were there on the concept art to pick?
It's too bad they didn't go for this one:

Still, it's free so cool, whatever but I don't think I'll be using it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yeah I really like that one a lot. It looks good and is actual armor.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

GuyUpNorth posted:

It seems all the alternative looks are made to "sex up" the female characters, even more than they already are. Geralt got some new armor and Triss, Yen and Ciri are all major characters for sure, but I'd be suprised if there was an alternative look for Dandelion. Not using them, personally.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

radiatinglines posted:

I'd like to try the bear armor but with the mouse controls I'm never really sure I'm doing a heavy attack.

People on Reddit were saying that there are hints that the next patch will include inventory fixes. Hopefully a storage chest. Idk what the plan was having dlc with new armor sets come out without having a storage chest lol

I dunno how mouse controls make a difference to it, it's really obvious when he swings his sword over his head on a strong attack.
And then it one hit kills almost everything.

The bear armour does definitely look the coolest.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Palpek posted:

It's too bad they didn't go for this one:

Still, it's free so cool, whatever but I don't think I'll be using it.

That doesn't look like it fits her fast and nimble fighting style. On the other hand she can teleport, so...

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

It seems all the alternative looks are made to "sex up" the female characters, even more than they already are. Geralt got some new armor and Triss, Yen and Ciri are all major characters for sure, but I'd be suprised if there was an alternative look for Dandelion. Not using them, personally.
It would be cool if they made additional more down-to-earth outfits for each character so that players are given a choice if they want to hang out with fantasy pin up girls or have them look more believeable. I get it that those are extra free costumes, sex sells and CD Projekt is probably producing what 90% of the playerbase actually wants but then some variety for people who enjoy the realistic, believable setting more would be nice.

Hell, given how sorceresses are depicted in the game their outfits are at least in the theme but Ciri who is basically a female Witcher deserves something better than a boob-chainmail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

That doesn't look like it fits her fast and nimble fighting style. On the other hand she can teleport, so...
Here's another concept art piece with different looks: