Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Shaqiri, Bojan and Crouch on the same team would be brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
weren't they meant to be signing afellay?

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

sassassin posted:

Maybe because Shaquiri isn't very good and has failed at every team he's been at?

He's not as good as the hype may have indicated at some point, but he is very good, and I'm not just saying this because I'm Swiss.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Wengy posted:

He's not as good as the hype may have indicated at some point, but he is very good, and I'm not just saying this because I'm Swiss.

What other reasons do you have?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Don't Liverpool have like two whole teams worth of disappointing players now? Surely they have to be having a fire sale soon.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Sandwolf posted:

Don't Liverpool have like two whole teams worth of disappointing players now? Surely they have to be having a fire sale soon.

All our disappointing players are gonna become the opposite and we're gonna have a big party this time next year op.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Juventus announced that they refused an €80m offer for Pogba from Barcelona.

He's going to be the most expensive transfer ever, isn't he. Can't wait to see who Real or Barcelona has to let go to fund his transfer fee.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

euroboy posted:

Juventus announced that they refused an €80m offer for Pogba from Barcelona.

He's going to be the most expensive transfer ever, isn't he. Can't wait to see who Real or Barcelona has to let go to fund his transfer fee.

Still cant believe Fergie had the answer to our midfield issues there and ended up being a stubborn oval office and let him go because his agent pissed him off

Actually I can totally believe it.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

The Big Taff Man posted:

Still cant believe Fergie had the answer to our midfield issues there and ended up being a stubborn oval office and let him go because his agent pissed him off

Actually I can totally believe it.

Yeah but he wanted £20k a week! Which would've been more than Cleverly!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Sandwolf posted:

Yes. There's a whole new crop of Joe Coles and Philipp Degens to unload. Ayre's going to have to work pretty hard.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It was three years ago this Friday that Pogba left Man United, and now he's 22 and one of the best midfielders in the world and soon to be the most expensive footballer ever.

gj fergie

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

sassassin posted:

What other reasons do you have?

I've watched him play quite a lot, also live, and he's actually good?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Yeah but he wanted £20k a week! Which would've been more than Cleverly!

The issue wasnt the contract so much as the fact that Fergie didnt give him a chance in the team because he was a stubborn old oval office. Ultimately Fergie was right with the likes of Ravel Morrison and Ezekiel Fryers, but Pogba was a massive mistake and Ive never understood how someone who watched the youth team in the seasons before that couldnt see how he was going to be a good player, let alone a great one.

Thats our Fergie tho.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Fergie's lasting legacy will be Aguerooooooo, Moyes and Pogba in this Pony's opinion.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Wengy posted:

I've watched him play quite a lot, also live, and he's actually good?

is he

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Sandwolf posted:

In terms of numbers yeah we have far too many players so we need to offload some (Coates to Sunderland, Borini to West Ham? are nearly done). It's not like we are in desperate need of money though - I think we had a pre-sales transfer fund of £30m-£40m. Firmino is £21m, Clyne is £12.5m, and Gomez £3m so we're around halfway through that. If/when we sell Sterling that will fund Benteke.

Transfer funding is the new code tags.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Shaqiri was bad for Inter but so was everyone else on that team. Hard to blame him individually. You can probably blame Podolski though.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Yeah, yeah, he sucked at Bayern and Inter, doesn't mean he's a bad player. I'm convinced that he can do well, just probably not at Bayern's level and when expectations are too high. He really should have gone to Liverpool when he (allegedly) had the chance.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
So a poo poo fat midget is going from the 8th best team in Italy to the 9th best team in England.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jyrka posted:

So a poo poo fat midget is going from the 8th best team in Italy to the 9th best team in England.

Don't think he's got it in him to make the step up.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

EvilHawk posted:

In terms of numbers yeah we have far too many players so we need to offload some (Coates to Sunderland, Borini to West Ham? are nearly done).

West Ham aren't interested in buying Borini. At all. He's supposed to be a backup option on loan.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Saido Janko from Man Utd to Celtic is a Done Deal

No idea if he's any good, maybe he can cover for our 3 good but injury prone right backs.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
He's decent enough. Strong, quick and gets forward well.

A bit surprised United are getting rid of him because he was their reserve player of the year the season before last and he's still only 19. I guess he wants first team football.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Right backs are unnecessary in the modern game imo, Van Gaal knows.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Spangly A posted:

West Ham aren't interested in buying Borini. At all. He's supposed to be a backup option on loan.

Ah right, I knew I saw something about West Ham. There's a couple other clubs interested.

Also, speaking of Coates...

Sunderland AFC
‏@SunderlandAFC
#SAFC are delighted to confirm the signing of @SebastianCoates from @LFC on a four-year deal. #hawaythelads

Done deal

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Don't go to Liverpool benteke

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
He will

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The responses to this tweet are worth way more than the content.

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/616314683293868033

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

He won't go for anything like the figures floating around though. £32.5m? lmao, I can't see Liverpool paying any more than £32m.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Parody Threads posted:

Fergie's lasting legacy will be Aguerooooooo, Moyes and Pogba in this Pony's opinion.

Actually it'll be the 13 league titles, the double double, a treble and the league and champions league double :smug:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ozmunkeh posted:

He won't go for anything like the figures floating around though. £32.5m? lmao, I can't see Liverpool paying any more than £32,012,000.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Goddammit I was halfway through typing that

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Ninpo posted:

Actually it'll be the 13 league titles, the double double, a treble and the league and champions league double :smug:

I'm pretty pumped to watch united turn into Liverpool, the ironing will be delicious

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Parody Threads posted:

I'm pretty pumped to watch united turn into Liverpool, the ironing will be delicious

I'm only sad football wasn't alive to see it.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Reading have so far signed Legia player Orlando Sa to help our other bad strikers in not scoring goals

Orlando is a good lad who means well. He's won us some crucial points this year, and had an immediate impact every time he played. Unfortunately he never got along with the miserable oval office that is Henning Berg and was let go, which infuriated everyone. Except the miserable oval office Henning Berg.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Parody Threads posted:

I'll be too old to care or be dead by then!

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Ninpo posted:

I'll be too old to care or be dead by then!

im glad youre going to die next year haha

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I wonder why United or City didn't move for Clyne at that price? The former need a right back and the latter desperately need home grown players. Would have thought we would have faced more competition tbh as he looked great every time I saw Southampton play.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
now that he is with liverpool i think you will find he is in de-clyne :wakkawakka:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Machinegunboyo posted:

im glad youre going to die next year haha

haha

• Locked thread