Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

De Nomolos posted:

I think that's the one where they interview Jesse Jackson and he's trying to spin like he would have done better and David Brinkley can't hide his "bitch, please" face.

I don't know a ton about the election in 1984, but it would have been hard for Jesse to have done much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Sorry friend, if someone lays out a republican candidate for not supporting gay people, empty rhetoric, bombing brown people, being generally blasé about the wealth gap - yes I'm going to draw parallels every time.

Because Obama didn't openly support gay marriage years ago, it's completely okay for GOP candidates to vehemently oppose it now. Am I getting your argument right?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
True story - I got wayyyy obed during the 2000 election and never voted.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Sorry friend, if someone lays out a republican candidate for not supporting gay people, empty rhetoric, bombing brown people, being generally blasé about the wealth gap - yes I'm going to draw parallels every time.
That sounds great friend looking forward to reading these parallels going forward they will be really fun and informative and lead to an enlightening discussion that is not at all tedious!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Disreputable Dog's broken record "Gosh, where are all your minority candidates, liberals?" :smug: routine is amusing, but more in a :rolleyes: way than in a "Trump keeps starting those press releases in the third person and ending them in the first, how does this happen multiple times?" laugh out loud comedy way.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Malmesbury Monster posted:

Because Obama didn't openly support gay marriage years ago, it's completely okay for GOP candidates to vehemently oppose it now. Am I getting your argument right?

Uh is there a statue of limitations on bigotry? If not, you clearly can't argue this position is a disqualifier for the Executive.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Wow.

I mean, I've been known to obfuscate and spin my party's positions form time to time, but this is pure hilarity.

Maybe for next time... terrorists hid a bomb on a school bus in 2008 that would explode if he ever publically supported gay marriage, he bravely lied to protect "the children" despite it killing him inside - they finally found the right bus in 2012 and he could come clean.

Maybe Biden disarmed the bomb too? While the bus was moving...

Dude this is all old news, it's not my fault you don't pay attention.

http://time.com/3702584/gay-marriage-axelrod-obama/

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Whiskey Sours posted:

How is Santorum not a joke candidate this time? He's Huckabee without the charm, and worst of all he's a Papist.

On that note, how is Rick Perry doing so poorly? He looks presidential, he's experienced, and he's far-right. On paper he seems like he'd be the top candidate. I can't imagine Republican primary voters care much about "oops" or his indictment.

Is it just because his support has gone to candidates preferred by the establishment (Walker/Bush/Rubio) and theocrat (Huckabee) wings of the party?

Santorum is not a frontrunner whatsoever. He's currently not even polling in the top 10, so that would cut him out of the relevant debates entirely.

The frontrunners are Bush (I don't like that people are getting tricked by the "Jeb!" thing and not focusing on the "Bush" part), Rubio, and Walker. And I guess Trump now, though he will obviously fall apart at some point.

And re: Rick Perry, did you not pay attention to 2012 at all? If not, he managed to come off so unintelligent that even Republican voters were like "uh, no thanks". He won't be recovering from that.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BanjoFish posted:

Make this man emperor.

Hahaha, it's literally "You can't fire me, I quit!"

And apparently non-bigoted assholes are a special interest group now?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

BanjoFish posted:

Make this man emperor.

why didn't you run earlier????

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

MaxxBot posted:

Dude this is all old news, it's not my fault you don't pay attention.

http://time.com/3702584/gay-marriage-axelrod-obama/

Oh, David "Huge Liar" Axelrod said something exculpatory about Obama huh.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

And they'll fail, every time, like they did here.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

These things could apply to every president ever in the history of the United States.

Great_Gerbil
Sep 1, 2006
Rhombomys opimus

Ronald Reagan, Nov 1986 posted:

In spite of the wildly speculative and false stories of arms for hostages and alleged ransom payments, we did not -- repeat did not -- trade weapons or anything else for hostages nor will we.

Ronald Reagan, March 1987 posted:

A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not.

We can do this all day.

Please, respond with Clinton's "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" speech.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
There's...a slight difference between Reagan and his buddies lying about that and Clinton lying about getting a blowjob.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Cigar Aficionado posted:

The frontrunners are Bush (I don't like that people are getting tricked by the "Jeb!" thing and not focusing on the "Bush" part),

I personally rather enjoy that a presidential candidate is going by an acronym rather than his name. He would be the first president with a single name, all the cool factor of Madonna or Prince.

That said, wouldn't JEB be more appropriate for someone rocking an acronym? JEB! JEB! JEB!

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I personally rather enjoy that a presidential candidate is going by an acronym rather than his name. He would be the first president with a single name, all the cool factor of Madonna or Prince.

That said, wouldn't JEB be more appropriate for someone rocking an acronym? JEB! JEB! JEB!

If he goes by Jeb Bush people will think it's short for Jebidiah or something. If people realize it's an acronym for John Ellis Bush, they'll realize that a 62 year old man who calls himself JEB is running for President of the United States.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
We have already had a handful of presidents who are commonly referred to by their initials -- JFK, FDR, LBJ.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

neonnoodle posted:

We have already had a handful of presidents who are commonly referred to by their initials -- JFK, FDR, LBJ.

And even a president referred to by one: W

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

At this point it's becoming a fair guess whether something is North Korean "the world fears ultimate leader and we never import anything because he makes everything for us while shooting thirty under par at the golf course with nothing but a putter" propaganda or Trump "none of this means anything and you all are totes jelly" horseshit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Miss USA lost it's other co-host.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

neonnoodle posted:

None of those are acronyms. At least not under the initial definition of the word.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

neonnoodle posted:

People aren't calling him Jay Ee Bee though, they're calling him Jeb Bush. It would be like if Franklin Delano Roosevelt got people to call him Frader Roosevelt.

Exhibit A:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

BanjoFish posted:

Make this man emperor.

This is an amazing double down. The rest of the GOP field has a long way to go to catch up to this man's brilliance.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Whiskey Sours posted:

People aren't calling him Jay Ee Bee though, they're calling him Jeb Bush. It would be like if Franklin Delano Roosevelt got people to call him Frader Roosevelt.

Exhibit A:

You should really include the photo of everyone running in the Republican primary:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

nachos posted:

This is an amazing double down. The rest of the GOP field has a long way to go to catch up to this man's brilliance.

His sheer capacity to be an rear end in a top hat would almost be impressive if it wasn't for, you know...

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

Skwirl posted:

I don't know a ton about the election in 1984, but it would have been hard for Jesse to have done much worse.

Lots of white people in Minnesota. He could have lost that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Bicyclops posted:

You should really include the photo of everyone running in the Republican primary:

who are they. the circle of republican mages?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Its from Arrested Development.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Lancelot posted:

Jeb, Walker, Rubio, Santorum, is my guess. The rest are either not in it to win it or are joke candidates, or both.

What alternate reality do you come from where Santorum is a serious candidate? His support is just a sickly drip of GOP crazy and he has no serious support.

Peztopiary posted:

It'll come back if he does well in debates

Santorum is not a strong debater and he looks like he's always on the verge of crying. The guy got voted out of office in PA and has pretty much no chance of even getting his old Senate seat back except maybe in a non-presidential election and GOP sweep. Except he'd have to win the GOP primary in PA and he can't even do that any more.

Santorum would need some divine intervention to be more than a joke or passing fad.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

D1Sergo posted:

Oh God they're tallying electoral votes, this is depressing.

These episodes are what made the Daily Show.
They declared they weren't going to stop until it was over. And then it went INSANE.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/07/banks-card-breach-at-trump-hotel-properties/

Bad timing or did he egg a group on?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The article says the hacks go back as far as February so I doubt it's related at all to his run.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Illuminati.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The article says the hacks go back as far as February so I doubt it's related at all to his run.

Doh I missed that.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Yes because nothing does a better job of making Obama look good than admitting that he lied to the public for years on end.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Whiskey Sours posted:

If he goes by Jeb Bush people will think it's short for Jebidiah or something. If people realize it's an acronym for John Ellis Bush, they'll realize that a 62 year old man who calls himself JEB is running for President of the United States.

\

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

BanjoFish posted:

Make this man emperor.

Or to put that more succinctly,

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/616290244753760262

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

I totally rely on Macy's for border security, so this upsets me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
The kindly looking old mall santa told me that while they lack adequate fences for sale, the Sears on 16th has all the razor edged products we will need to keep the potential democrats out! Macy's has earned another life long customer!

• Locked thread