Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I got all my Six Heroes to 7*. Because. I'm terrible with units that have a 7* evolution. If I have one and they have a 7* available, it has to be done. Even Fadahl and The Angel Who Keeps Changing Her Name.

e: Holy poo poo, retroactive Level Up Campaign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Trebek posted:

Looks like a bunch of free stuff coming up.

I can't even remember the last time I had to run metal parade with all these super honor summons. Been stuck at 15 keys for months. Between that and the slot machine constantly giving me crystals/gods.

I've run them to burn stamina and blitz levels on 7 star units I got outside of SHS but that's it. I also haven't been under 200+ honor summons this year. The lowest I dropped was 240ish from about 450 and I'm back up over 400 now and I rarely run dungeons. I haven't even bothered destroying the Loch or Kikuri/Sefia trial yet other than to get the Scarlet Pin for my anima Kikuri.

I've also been buying the Imp key every week so I really need to start using them because I'm going to eventually cap out sooner or later if I don't. Kanon and Elimo are currently getting imped and I've officially given up on ever getting a breaker Mifune for ultra fast imp blitzes, but maybe using Kikuri as a leader with Wiked Blade+Heresy Orb on a max atk-imped anima type would be enough. Probably not.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

I've officially given up on ever getting a breaker Mifune for ultra fast imp blitzes, but maybe using Kikuri as a leader with Wiked Blade+Heresy Orb on a max atk-imped anima type would be enough. Probably not.

Anima Mifune should have 2600 base attack. 720 imp cap (36 imps) puts him at 3320, which is plenty enough to break through and hit that 32K dmg points.

Damage = Base Attack*(1.0 + LS1 + LS2 + Sphere1 + Sphere2 + BB/SBB Modifier)

32,000/(1.00+1.00+LS2+1.00+0.15+8.00)= 2870 (2869.95 base attack rounded up) 14 attack imps

If you have problems with SBB being filled and have to use Urias and Heresy Orb however...

32,000/(1.00+1.00+LS2+0.30+0.15+8.00)= 3063 (3062.22 base attack rounded up) 24 attack imps

Hopefully your Kikuri is using Lexida+Virtue Stone for BC generation and attacking after Mifune for overkill BC generation bonus.

Breaker was needed back when Elza was the Leader of choice and you lacked the +100% attack Leader Skill Kikuri 7* had. You needed 3152 base attack with Wicked/Blighted and Heresy Orb to break the defense. 7* Kikuri defintely made it easier.

I also hope my math is correct in all of this lol.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

McDragon posted:

I got all my Six Heroes to 7*. Because. I'm terrible with units that have a 7* evolution. If I have one and they have a 7* available, it has to be done. Even Fadahl and The Angel Who Keeps Changing Her Name.

e: Holy poo poo, retroactive Level Up Campaign?

If it's the same rewards then everybody gets a Shida!

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

If it's the same rewards then everybody gets a Shida!

Doubtful, but we can dream!

Shida hasn't been a reward from the Level Up Campaigns for the past maybe... 2 or 3 of them? I think the last one he was in was in February?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

I've officially given up on ever getting a breaker Mifune.

Congrats! Level 25 reward from the Level Up Campaign is a 4* BREAKER MIFUNE ha!

edit: No sign of Shida from 1-50. Guess we have to wait a week and see if we're lucky for 51-100 when those levels open.

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 1, 2015

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Hope and pray really really hard your fresh new breaker Mifune doesn't run into the type change bug.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Anima Lario and Breaker Mifune are pretty good if you hadn't already gotten them. At least you don't have to farm them. Everything I've read says the max breaker Mifune trick doesn't work in the Global version of the game. I still use Mifune and fujin him the first round to kill all the imps. Rest of the party I just equip with sol creators and divine spears. I also take Magress and Kira. Magress has a built in chance to ignore defense on regular attack and of course Kira adds it to the whole party with his BB.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

So I tried to buy the 24 gem bundle, got charged for the 24 gem bundle... and thanks to "Apple has updated its terms of service GO CLICK ACCEPT NOW YOU MINDLESS DOG" Brave Frontier glitched the gently caress out and gave me the 5 gem bundle.

Been sitting waiting for a reply from either Gumi or Apple for about four hours now. :argh: Capitalism why.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

So I tried to buy the 24 gem bundle, got charged for the 24 gem bundle... and thanks to "Apple has updated its terms of service GO CLICK ACCEPT NOW YOU MINDLESS DOG" Brave Frontier glitched the gently caress out and gave me the 5 gem bundle.

Been sitting waiting for a reply from either Gumi or Apple for about four hours now. :argh: Capitalism why.

Get a refund through Apple. Gumi's customer support is about what you'd expect.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Breaker Mifune received here. That makes #2 for me so I think with that I'll try farming FH middle next time and seeing what kind of points I can get with that.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Trebek posted:

Everything I've read says the max breaker Mifune trick doesn't work in the Global version of the game.

Where have you read this? I been using breaker Mifune and Kikuri lead just fine for imp parades.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kegslayer posted:

Get a refund through Apple. Gumi's customer support is about what you'd expect.

Yeah, it took them a few hours to get to it but at least Apple did reply and refund me.

I can't be mad at Gumi (even if I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice) and so I did a few pulls with what I did have and managed to get an Oguro, Lava, Medina, and a Diana as my freebie unit. :getin: This really seems to be the best time to shoot for 7* units, since you don't have to worry about 5*'s naturally low pull rates.

Also, holy poo poo everything is open at once, including the Hall of Melody, and "double" honor points are back. :aaaaa: Time to actually evolve those 5* Meiko/Kaito and have a full 6* Vocateam that I can proceed to do nothing with. :v:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm just happy that the rewards are now retroactive so it doesn't punish people who still play the game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Poala Bear posted:

Congrats! Level 25 reward from the Level Up Campaign is a 4* BREAKER MIFUNE ha!

edit: No sign of Shida from 1-50. Guess we have to wait a week and see if we're lucky for 51-100 when those levels open.

Well that'll be convenient if I get it retroactively since I'm rank 249. Logging in just now I don't have him though and I see other people here mentioning they do.

Didn't they stop giving out Shida after his 6 star form was released since it made him go from 'eh' to "gently caress yes FH farm" useful?

e: It's 1/2 stamina for the vortex and I have 7 imp keys and 179 max stamina. :v:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 1, 2015

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

What's the best place to level grind if I'm at the end of Mirvana? Should I just grind the final boss section or go a bit further?

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Evil Fluffy posted:

Well that'll be convenient if I get it retroactively since I'm rank 249. Logging in just now I don't have him though and I see other people here mentioning they do.

Didn't they stop giving out Shida after his 6 star form was released since it made him go from 'eh' to "gently caress yes FH farm" useful?

e: It's 1/2 stamina for the vortex and I have 7 imp keys and 179 max stamina. :v:

Look in the achievement store area where you get your merit point rewards usually. It's under General.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's in the achievement store under General. When it was released at 0:00 PDT, it was super buggy and sometimes the level up campaign stuff wouldn't show up, or would show up but disappear after you redeemed something

179 stamina will net you 23 runs, you'll recover 5 energy during your runs to get enough for that 23rd run and level you up if you're between 22,001-22,999 exp tnl.

Did 46 runs this morning, 126 imps, 1 BF, 11 gods. Am excite.

TARDISman posted:

What's the best place to level grind if I'm at the end of Mirvana? Should I just grind the final boss section or go a bit further?

Mirvana final stage gives 14.2kexp (616exp/energy) right now. Change of the world gives 16.6exp (664exp/energy). You could grind out Mirvana, or grind to Change the World. You'd have to clear 29ish map areas to get at that point however. Up to you if it's worth it.

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 1, 2015

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

6* grahdens is the priority right

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

FizFashizzle posted:

6* grahdens is the priority right

All of the GQ evolutions are great, and Karl's is a lot easier than Grah's, but yeah, you're gonna want to get Grah's evolution stuff as quick as you can because his LS is basically a free Malice Jewel to your entire team.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

All of the GQ evolutions are great, and Karl's is a lot easier than Grah's, but yeah, you're gonna want to get Grah's evolution stuff as quick as you can because his LS is basically a free Malice Jewel to your entire team.

And you get a Malice Jewel for one of the % completions to boot!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Is there maitenance right now or do I need to re-install ~again~?

I tried to google for a place that tells me if it's maitenance or not but came up empty handed.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Is there maitenance right now or do I need to re-install ~again~?

I tried to google for a place that tells me if it's maitenance or not but came up empty handed.

No maintenance. There's been connection issues today as well as a few data updates being pushed out through the client. In fact, with the connection issues we got 3 metal and 3 jewel keys for compensation.

Check the reddit BF subforum if you want to know if the servers are down. The sidebar will have that information.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I just pulled Alpha, Lucina, Sefia, Esna, Balgran, and Dion.

I just hit enough team cost to run 2 7*s as well as am about to get Feeva and Selene up to their 7* versions, so it's time to look at my team as well as decide where to put my attention/resources now.

Of the newest dudes I just got who is the most deserving?

This is my roster for what it matters.

http://dewey.zapto.org/units/141/

Zelnite currently leads my arena team for the BC boost, I have enough sol creators that I can almost get SBB after one turn of attacks which is overkill but w/e. All I have to do is survive one round of the enemy attacks and then I'll win 95% of the time.

I've done most of the grand gaia chronicles, trials 1-3, haven't tried the EX trials or this new grand quest thing. Or raiding really.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Finished up Melchio's GC today. I'm leaving up my Gray for anybody that wants to use it.

ID: 95211912

Also, remember to take an angel Idol for level 3 stage 3. You really only need 1.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Agent355 posted:

I just hit enough team cost to run 2 7*s as well as am about to get Feeva and Selene up to their 7* versions, so it's time to look at my team as well as decide where to put my attention/resources now.

Of the newest dudes I just got who is the most deserving?

This is my roster for what it matters.

http://dewey.zapto.org/units/141/

Zelnite currently leads my arena team for the BC boost, I have enough sol creators that I can almost get SBB after one turn of attacks which is overkill but w/e. All I have to do is survive one round of the enemy attacks and then I'll win 95% of the time.

I've done most of the grand gaia chronicles, trials 1-3, haven't tried the EX trials or this new grand quest thing. Or raiding really.

Balgran is great if you're running trials/harder bonus stages; his 7* LS gives you BC kickback when you waste your turn guarding and makes Guard more effective.

Dion is in the same class a Maxwell/Kira as a crit buffer, but I don't know how he ranks. Either way, he's a crit buffer.

Feeva 7* will pretty much make Zelnite obsolete.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

I keep getting a "server under maintenance" popup at launch.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

nfthree posted:

I keep getting a "server under maintenance" popup at launch.

They're doing server maintenance because of network connectivity problems.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sloober posted:

They're doing server maintenance because of network connectivity problems.

Looks like it's back up with a set of imps, a Burst Emperor, and a gem for compensation.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Agent355 posted:

From what I've read Balgran's SBB actually can stack with other DEF buffs. Meaning you could throw it on top of someone like Elimo/Kanon's already ridiculous DEF buff.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So, Edea vs Shera/Darvanshell. Is she that big of an upgrade? The extra 120% damage mod on the SBB seems nice. Is there any reason to use 6* mitigators any more?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I got a Guardian Yuura ugh

He looks pretty drat nice, the crit damage buff on his UBB is a massive 450%. I think I have a nuker for every element now except earth which is nice.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I just picked up Elsel... uh how does she work? What does the attack decrease do and how should I use her?

Super BB: Angelic Thunder of Asgard
[Support/Offense]
18 combo powerful Thunder attack on all enemies & probable great decrease in enemy Atk for 1 turn & boosts BC and HC drop rate for 3 turns

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

CashEnsign posted:

I just picked up Elsel... uh how does she work? What does the attack decrease do and how should I use her?

Super BB: Angelic Thunder of Asgard
[Support/Offense]
18 combo powerful Thunder attack on all enemies & probable great decrease in enemy Atk for 1 turn & boosts BC and HC drop rate for 3 turns

It has a chance to decrease an enemy's attack by 30%, meaning they will deal less damage to you. Stacked with Mitigation and your own defense boost, you'll see your units get hit for 0-2 damage a lot more than 200-500 damage

Elsel, or Griel, her 7* name, is a good all around leader as well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Did an imp parade today and got maybe 40 runs in using Kikuri+Mifune and random buddy leaders. Sometimes Mifune with +120atk from imps and wicked blade+heresey would do too little damage to one shot gods so I fed him up to about +400 and he seems fine now.

Still, only maybe 40 runs total was less than I expected. Maybe Kikuri's attack taking longer than Elza's slowed me down a bit. Though I still have 6 keys left so it's not like I'm hurting for imps. Elimo and Kanon should both be fully imped now except for attack. I'm going to probably max attack on my freebie Mifune(b) just to be safe with the defense oddity stuff I ran in to.

After Kanon and Elimo I'm not sure who to work on. I started dumping imps in to Kikuri(a). Other options are going to be Selena(l), Oulu(g), 4* Oulu(a) to take to 6* for the 7* form maybe, or possibly Grahdens. I still haven't finished Trial 005 or the EX trial that gives out the witch so perhaps she'd be worth the imps.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Did 5 pulls just for the hell of it, and I had 3 summon tickets collected so it was a cheap 10 gems for 6 units.

Balgran (A) - wooot
Eric (B) - good troll door
Rinon (B) - another 7 star I'll take it
Aaron (L) - first 7* mitigator for me
Michele (A) - dupe but cool
Bonus Unit was another Zelban. This game loves giving me Zelban and Bargus.

Overall pretty happy with Balgran and Aaron. I don't really see the point of Rinon who looks like a 7* Rigness/Ulkina type. Though the fact that she adds light and dark could have really interesting niche uses.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Trebek posted:

Overall pretty happy with Balgran and Aaron. I don't really see the point of Rinon who looks like a 7* Rigness/Ulkina type. Though the fact that she adds light and dark could have really interesting niche uses.

So she's basically a 7* Yuljeh? :confused: Are literally all 7* healers going to fall into "they aren't Elimo" at this point?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Can you capture the starter units in the second world? (Morgan, I think)

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Violet_Sky posted:

Can you capture the starter units in the second world? (Morgan, I think)

No. Only Honor Summon (5%ish chance) and their special Vortex Dungeon whenever Gumi decides to have it open. Last time was right before starters got their 7*.

You can capture Lario/Mifune/Luna/Zephu/Zegar/Weiss rarely starting on St. Lamia map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh wow, apparently the JP version is doing a celebration thing where you get one free unit of your choice, pretty much anything RS or capturable. Yes, some crazy wonderful person got themselves a Mandragora.

You can pick the type as well even.

• Locked thread