Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
:smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

Linguica posted:

I used Google Reader every day for years and I never knew about its social features at all

every so often I see someone wax poetic about it and I'm like, man I sure missed that train

i had a friend who was a published trotskyist and he once sent me an aggravated email because i was asking questions about ideological consistency on his google reader social feed and embarrassing him in front of his new left friends.

thats my google reader social story

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

hangouts for ios no longer asks if I want to install chrome every fuckin time I click on a link. it just goes to it. thoogle

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

uninstall it

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

im looking at a file in a google drive folder in the browser. it's a PNG and I wanna save it to my computer. I right click on it and nothing happens. I try to drag it to my desktop and nothing happens.

turns out they have their own "download" button they wnt you to use. the button is not visible unless you hover the empty space near the top of the page. it's also not labeled unless you hover the button itself.

once I figure this out i click on the download button. it says scanning for viruses. then nothing happens.

im still waiting for my file. where is it? why does it need to scan a PNG for viruses? why cant I just save the loving image like I would with any other website? gently caress you google!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

google is the worst as far as mystery controls that only appear under certain conditions

every time I meet a goog UI designer they're an idiot

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
i hated when they moved gmail attachments over to that lovely drive cloud computer poo poo. whenever i receive an attachment im forced to reexperience it

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

THC posted:

hangouts for ios no longer asks if I want to install chrome every fuckin time I click on a link. it just goes to it. thoogle

now it just goes right to safari for me, stopped asking.

its still sending it through a google redirect to harvest urls though

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

qirex posted:

google is the worst as far as mystery controls that only appear under certain conditions

not satisfied with being really bad at UX, google is also arrogant. they think people are going to like whatever garbage they've cooked up. and its a constant battle to figure out how to access controls to accomplish simple tasks which are more or less the same everywhere - except google products which just have to be different because of inscrutable and ever-changing Reasons

stop trying to make web pages look & behave like lovely tablet apps you stupid assholes

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

THC posted:

and its a constant battle to figure out how to access controls to accomplish simple tasks which are more or less the same everywhere - except google products which just have to be different because of inscrutable and ever-changing Reasons

stop trying to make web pages look & behave like lovely tablet apps you stupid assholes

reviews/promotions have an emphasis on launching new products and features

everything else falls into line behind that

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot
i liked google until they released a new revamped version of hangouts for ios but the android version isnt being released any time soon

gently caress this im switching to iphone

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

i was reloading posted:

i liked google until they released a new revamped version of hangouts for ios but the android version isnt being released any time soon

gently caress this im switching to iphone

lol i'm working on it. i'll make sure the pos is first to know when it's ready!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol google is Microsoft

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

unless ur working to sabotage google's products ur scum

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

plz also convince whomever that notifications are not and should not be treated identically across group chats and 1:1 chats

all of my group chatz have the big red passive-aggressive banner turned on because i dont want to be notified about it every 10s whenever any of them has an ongoing conversation

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

please keep signing your posts

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

say thanks to the guy that took out those annoying as poo poo "open in chrome" dialogs from the ios version. who the gently caress installs chrome on ios?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
who the gently caress is using anything other than firefox mobile

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
i use safari

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Triglav posted:

i use safari

Bitch

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Triglav posted:

i use safari

the best mobile browser

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

Triglav posted:

i use safari

dude it's 2015 who uses safari

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mac users lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Shaggar posted:

mac users lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

mac users lol

haha

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

qirex posted:

1000x this

how do i log out? oh click on this generic body outline image that makes total sense

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

Bitchin, more like

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
hey bitches, time to use our official currency. bitchoin

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

qirex posted:

every time i deal with offline maps in the google maps ios app i get really angry how buried it is in menus

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I get angry that downloading an offline maps consumes battery like mad and immediately pauses if you switch to another app or your phone locks.

This is an improvement over the app crashing while downloading offline maps or immediately marking them as obsolete upon download completion.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I personally like when you do a search and it tries to figure out what you want to do (shopping/images/videos/books, etc) and it rearranges the links at the top because gently caress your muscle memory that's why

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I personally like when you do a search and it tries to figure out what you want to do (shopping/images/videos/books, etc) and it rearranges the links at the top because gently caress your muscle memory that's why

lmao what are you, a woman?

*in hysterics* when I search for my emails it doesn't bring up Hotmail anymore!!!!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

at the date posted:

lmao what are you, a woman?

*in hysterics* when I search for my emails it doesn't bring up Hotmail anymore!!!!

this is a stretch

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

this is a stretch

yea its actually super annoying when trying to do an image search and they decided I want to look at shopping results or whatever

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Blue Train posted:

yea its actually super annoying when trying to do an image search and they decided I want to look at shopping results or whatever

i dont want 2 sond like a corporate apologist and its dumb that they move around but i gotta come clean my friend this has literally never happened to me

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

i dont want 2 sond like a corporate apologist and its dumb that they move around but i gotta come clean my friend this has literally never happened to me

I've only seen it happen a handful of times, there doesn't seem to be any consistency to it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
like ive never accidentally clicked shopping or w.e is what i mean here

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

inconsistency? in a google product?!?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blue Train posted:

I've only seen it happen a handful of times, there doesn't seem to be any consistency to it

actually there is, heres two searches i just did

obviously its picked up on the keyword "pictures" and figured i want the image results closer, and the same thing with the word "buy" prompting the shopping results tos how up closer

even without those keywords it will still be trying to guess what you want and adapt to it, and it obviously can gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Blue Train posted:

it's supposed to be context-specific depending on what you're searching for

• Locked thread