Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

KoB posted:

Come on, you guys know its just gonna be rear end in a top hat Goku, goodguy Vegeta, somehow-reliable Krillin, musclehead Gohan, and silly Piccolo.

Im gonna go make my own universe, with blackjack. And hookers.

Smart Goku would be the bigger trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

Honestly, I'd be fine if Super just turned into DBM.

Edit: You know.. minus Bojack.

But... Universe 6 is Bojack's universe.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

KoB posted:

Im gonna go make my own universe, with Bojack. And hookers.

Fixed that for you :v:

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
I'm hoping that the other universes are totally different instead of parallel universes. Running into a remixed version of a known character would get boring pretty fast unless it was done well. And DBM pretty much already did it well...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
toriyama saying that universe 6 is full of "all-new characters" in his little mini-interview is pretty clear

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Blockhouse posted:

toriyama saying that universe 6 is full of "all-new characters" in his little mini-interview is pretty clear

All-new and all-original characters, like Ron Roku, Mister Moshi, and Big Green.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Blockhouse posted:

Like Champan! The clone of Beerus but fat.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I wouldn't mind them running in to alternate versions of themselves for a short comedy arc in universe 8 before they head to universe 6 or something to meet a major villain.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

To be fair, Gods of Destruction will probably be more similar than regular inhabitants.

Either way I for one welcome our new overlord DIabeerus.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Astro Nut posted:

I actually could never get that much into Cell, probably due to how I learned of and experienced the series largely out of order. So to me he ends up seeming like a wannabe Frieza mixed with a prototypical Buu, and ultimately not working quite as well as either of those two.

Mind you, his english voice actor is pretty drat :smug:, so he was well cast

Honestly, I'm not super big on Cell as a character but the Cell arc owns and is probably the best Z ever gets.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Universe 7, the one we know, is the buff universe. Universe 6 is the fat universe. All the rest are cowboy universes.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The Pirate Universe is just going to be One Piece isn't it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Which universe does Cross Epoch take place in?

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Is funimation going to simulcast Dragon Ball Super dubbed in english?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

C

Vorik posted:

Considering Kai's Buu Saga isn't even dubbed yet. I'm gonna go with no.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

mycot posted:

Covok posted:

Which universe does Cross Epoch take place in?

Make it happen Toriyama.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

mycot posted:

Yes, except the only Devil Fruit is the punch-punch fruit, and it makes everyone who eats it a punchman.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Vorik posted:

I'm hoping for a crunchyroll subbed release at least...but I'm guessing that's pretty unlikely since we haven't heard a thing and he series starts really soon.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
I doubt it would be through Crunchyroll at all, Funimation pretty much has a monopoly of Dragon Ball TV shows and movies (in North America at least).

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Ah that's disappointing. I thought they would do something like Space Dandy for sure since Dragon Ball is so popular over here. Not sure if I could ever get used to those JP dragon ball voices.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

greatBigJerk posted:

I doubt it would be through Crunchyroll at all, Funimation pretty much has a monopoly of Dragon Ball TV shows and movies (in North America at least).

On that note Funimation hasn't even announced anything for their service either.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Dr. Miracle posted:

Universe 7, the one we know, is the buff universe. Universe 6 is the fat universe. All the rest are cowboy universes.

So tien is from another universe?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Didn't some of the promo material have a dragon ball with way too many stars on it?

What if

one super dragon ball

Per universe

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

-Fish- posted:

Didn't some of the promo material have a dragon ball with way too many stars on it?

What if

one super dragon ball

Per universe

this is it

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I think there's going to be a lot more universes than balls. That or there'll only be like a dozen universes at most, which seems improbable. So I imagine it's more likely to be a single set of 6 or 7 dragonballs spread across the multiverse, with one ball in Universe 5, another in Universe 12, another in Universe 31 and so on.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So, what would the Super Dragonballs do that's different from original flavor Dragonballs? Do they leave a minty scent in the air after a wish is granted, and that's the only difference?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

tsob posted:

I think there's going to be a lot more universes than balls. That or there'll only be like a dozen universes at most, which seems improbable. So I imagine it's more likely to be a single set of 6 or 7 dragonballs spread across the multiverse, with one ball in Universe 5, another in Universe 12, another in Universe 31 and so on.

Well if it's true multiverse theory at play here then you have an infinite number of universes.

Even DBM touches on this. There aren't just 20 or whatever universes, it's just those are the most different ones they could find

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

tsob posted:

There are 12 universes as confirmed by Beerus in Battle of the Gods. There's also an interview where Toriyama describes how it works out, which this image is based on

(it might be official? don't remember).

Can't find the interview for the life of me, tho.

And granted it's Toriyama, so he could just retcon that stuff, but still.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

if all that poo poo is physically around each other, can't Goku teleport there lmao

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

setafd posted:

if all that poo poo is physically around each other, can't Goku teleport there lmao

Only if he can sense recognizable ki.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Only if he can sense recognizable ki.

right so he meets the hero from universe x and then can go there any time

the funny thing about Dragonball is how Goku can really be anywhere he needs to be

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

setafd posted:

... He does?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pyroi posted:

So, what would the Super Dragonballs do that's different from original flavor Dragonballs? Do they leave a minty scent in the air after a wish is granted, and that's the only difference?

The Dragon Balls can't grant wishes that are beyond their creator's powers. This is why they can't be used to simply wish the villains to die and obtain world peace. I mean, not like it'd happen anyways because the driving force in this series is Goku wanting to fight against stronger and stronger opponents regardless of how dangerous they might be for the world, but this is why Shenlong was not used to just kill Nappa and Vegeta (as Oolong did bring that option up, only for the dragon to shoot him down)

We can guess that these Super Dragon Balls were created by a being far stronger than Kami, Dende, Guru or Moori, and thus have less limitations on what they can do. Maybe wishes on an universal scale, since the Earth's Dragon Balls, during Kami's time, showed a limit there, Shenlong could barely bring back the people from Namek and Earth killed by Freeza and his men, that was a massive gamble. While with Dende they would be stronger, this might be on a completely different level. Maybe big enough to affect Gods.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Who taught the Namekians how to make the Dragon Balls?

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I'm wondering if Champ and Lady Whis aren't "alternate" Beerus and Whis but are just a members of the same races. Toriyama has already set precedent of the diety-level beings all deriving from the same races. The regular Kaio's are all Shin-jin, the Supreme Kaio's are all a separate rarer race of Shin-jin. Then you have the Maikaioshin and Maikaio's. Plus the Ogres. Each level of deistic power is represented by an entirely different race of beings.

Gods of Destruction may not always be just whoever their handler picks. Whis' comment about Goku taking the job may have just been a one off comment and in reality Beerus and Champ come from a race of beings that are incredibly naturally powerful and Whis' race acts as handlers to Beerus' race.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I like the idea of Beerus and Champ being part of a litter of Cat Gods

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

setafd posted:

only if he remembers he can

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Blaze Dragon posted:

The Dragon Balls can't grant wishes that are beyond their creator's powers. This is why they can't be used to simply wish the villains to die and obtain world peace. I mean, not like it'd happen anyways because the driving force in this series is Goku wanting to fight against stronger and stronger opponents regardless of how dangerous they might be for the world.

Technically goku could always wish for peace on earth and just go fight badguys on other more expendable planets.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
They'll run into a universe with their exact copies, but voiced by TFS. The language barrier presents a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Freakazoid_ posted:

They'll run into a universe with their exact copies, but voiced by TFS. The language barrier presents a problem.

I honestly legitimately hope they do this. Have a universe full of weird-rear end goofy counterparts to all the characters, give them whoever the hell for Japanese voices I really don't care, and then have TFS dub them. :v:

e: a universe where Nappa was sent to Earth as a baby and raised by Grandpa Gohan instead of Goku. To differentiate him from OG evil Nappa, he's dubbed in English by Takahata101, and they let him improv. :getin:

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jul 2, 2015

• Locked thread