Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mesadoram posted:

On the Asian server:

:stonklol:
That writeup is loving classic :pilot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eclipse232
Dec 4, 2001

8/24 NEVAR FORGET!

Mesadoram posted:

T10 Japanese Heavy Type 2605:

So the Yamoto is coming WOT?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mesadoram posted:

Not Gundam? Don't give a gently caress.

Uugggguuuu...

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 1, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Does it get a bayonet mount? Remember, the Japanese mounted them to their goddamn machine guns.

SARSfest
Oct 28, 2010

I like where this is going.
VK 30.02 M is loving hot garbage and literally can't do anything right. Can I expect a repeat experience in the Panther 1/2?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Nordick posted:

For some ungodly reason I've been working my way through the new low tier French tanks, and against all expectations I'm actually having a pretty good time with the SARL 42. On paper it looks like it shouldn't have a lot going for it, but I've been putting the 75 mm to pretty good use. (And I'd better, because lol 30 shells cap)

I might actually even keep this thing, if only to confound my clanmates when platooning low tiers. It's comically ugly too, which is a nice bonus.

SARL 42 is surprisingly decent (doesn't hurt that my 2.9 skill CDC crew lives in it);

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

SARSfest posted:

VK 30.02 M is loving hot garbage and literally can't do anything right. Can I expect a repeat experience in the Panther 1/2?

i loving hate you. i hope you die. the 3002m is a good tank that tries its best and i wont have rear end holes like you calling it mean names!

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

SARSfest posted:

I liked it, its a little slower, and does a little less DPM then a cromwell. But it makes up for it with a touch more armor and more HP. My clan uses it in tourneys, strongholds, and the tier 6 campaign as a fast heavy.

Panther 1 is basically a piddly sniper tank as its too big to do anything closer than far range.

Panther 2 was meh, it has the same top gun as the Tiger 1 but shoots slower, it was workable at its tier but still as big as a house and not enough armor.

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 1, 2015

yomisei
Mar 18, 2011
Would the grind-to-get-premium FV201 (A45) be worth the 200k experience grind to actually permanently get it? I can see me not using it anymore after playing the neccessary 200+ ish battles and being sick of it. The 17pdr on a tier 7 heavy seems kind of underwhelming.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I feel sorry for the hosers that plan to buy the nippon premium tiger 1 that is coming out.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Why? It's just a VK36 that makes a minor track->turret bloom trade.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Agrajag posted:

I feel sorry for the hosers that plan to buy the nippon premium tiger 1 that is coming out.
Wow, wargaming must be desperate for money if they are making a Tiger premium.

SARSfest posted:

You shut your whore mouth the 3002DB is amazing and I will not hear otherwise!

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 1, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
23 consecutive days to get the tank...

gently caress.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Prav posted:

Why? It's just a VK36 that makes a minor track->turret bloom trade.

Gun handling is everything for me. It lessens a lot of the frustrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Agrajag posted:

Gun handling is everything for me. It lessens a lot of the frustrations.

The 0,18 tracks are pretty sweet though.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agrajag posted:

Tier 6 premiums are always nice for stronghold credit grinding. Also for comedy if everyone uses a TOG.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Agrajag posted:

More than 0 games a day is awful.

ftfy

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Haha, so I decided to grind my way to the T54 lightweight. Holy poo poo is the mt25 fun and good at exposing wn8 flaws.

Do 500 damage? 2k wn8.
Do 2.5k damage? 20k wn8

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

yomisei posted:

Would the grind-to-get-premium FV201 (A45) be worth the 200k experience grind to actually permanently get it? I can see me not using it anymore after playing the neccessary 200+ ish battles and being sick of it. The 17pdr on a tier 7 heavy seems kind of underwhelming.

At the 750XP per game average I gave before to get the tokens to get the tank you would require 266 games to finish it. Getting the kills seems pretty trivial.

Edit: 10 games to get all the keys...and this is a big reason why:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1993041#sand_river-crazedkid103-aufkl_rungspanzer_panther

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 2, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

3 Chi-Nus put together. It's gonna be a goddamn nightmare to play, I reckon. It's gonna need more HP than the Maus.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Triple E 100 platoons are fun and cool. Also I'm a cunthair away from the T28 HTC. T-55 soon! Finally!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if I'll grind enough keys to make it worth it to buy any remaining keys balance and then the tank. As dumb an idea as that sounds like.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

SARSfest posted:

The VK3002M is fantastic. The Panther is anemic and the module layout is incredibly punishing, almost British-like. The Panther 2 would be an adequate premium with pref matchmaking - the FCM just does it better with better gun depression.

Play the VK3002M like the Panther wishes it could - don't be first, goad poor shots from your opponents and hit them twice, pull back, and then use your big HP pool later in the game to bully the gently caress out of everyone left. Great tier six. The VK3002D trades the ability to pen tanks two tiers higher for the ability to loving murder any tier 7s and a lot of tier 8s. Great tier seven.

e: oh wait I remembered why I liked the 3002M so much - 81% winrate over 48 games. I think that was NA West.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 2, 2015

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
the saving grace about the panther is that it doesn't need to flank like t7 mediums. Its pen and accuracy let you deal damage more consistently and in more situations than other meds that get ~150 pen guns that more than offset the poor dpm.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

JohnGalt posted:

Haha, so I decided to grind my way to the T54 lightweight. Holy poo poo is the mt25 fun and good at exposing wn8 flaws.

Do 500 damage? 2k wn8.
Do 2.5k damage? 20k wn8

I hope you are using the comedy autocannon on it. Its useless 90% of the time, but that 10% is priceless. It is hilarious what that gun will do to something like a Rhoomba, and well worth the times that it can do nothing but annoy bigger tanks.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

JohnGalt posted:

What load out and gun are you using on it? I'm just about to unlock it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

What load out and gun are you using on it? I'm just about to unlock it.

Yo I really like the MT-25 so -

57mm = super fast tank with a piddly gun that can pen most things you see with gold.

37mm = super fast tank with a piddle gun that cannot pen almost anything but absolutely ruins low armor tanks - specifically paper TDs, CDCs and other French or Japanese tanks, and most other light tanks.

Both tanks need plenty of gold - you'll never make a profit with the 37mm, but there might be games you can just shoot AP from the 57mm. However, the 37mm with gold is insanely fun if you go into battle just trying to murder what you can, rather than trying to do stuff you're ill-suited towards.

LTTB can do everything and is awesome. Halfway through the grind after 15 games.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

pingu gets kind of salty when they lose strongholds btw

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

DonkeyHotay posted:

All the more reason the only thing that could entice me back into CW would be a proper T10 premium. I might even decide that's not even worth it.

Plus, I'd almost guarantee that the way they handled this last campaign will be how it goes from now on. A limited number of people get the tank for free - everyone else has to pay.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This sucks. You have to play every day to get the 15kxp for the free tier 7 tank. I thought we could play extra some days to make up the difference. I probably will still try this because my life right now has big chunks of open time, but still.

On a related note, I hope the tank doesn't come with a crew. I have a crew in need of a home.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

SARSfest posted:

3002M is great. Don't worry about being bad in it tho

Panther is great. Never ever let yourself be a primary target, and you will hit and pen anything you see. You're modestly mobile and have a lot of hitpoints, so it works well in the end game so long as you aren't an idiot. But you need to keep at 2 or 3 tanks between you and the enemy at all times.

Panther 2 is great. It's a little more sluggish now, but it still has decent mobility. The gun has worse pen and soft stats, but better damage. Plays like any other medium, stay out of the spotlight, and take shots where you can.

Then you get the E-50, which is godly.

In all the German mediums, you want to sidescrape a lot. Peeking out the corner in your fat-rear end medium will get your permatracked and murdered. You want to sidescrape with the intention of minimizing your profile, rather than actually bouncing any shells.

Schmalturm turrets have weak faces, but relatively small profiles. You can safely hull down in a German medium is you are far away and keep moving. This is true of any tank ever btw.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

This sucks. You have to play every day to get the 15kxp for the free tier 7 tank. I thought we could play extra some days to make up the difference. I probably will still try this because my life right now has big chunks of open time, but still.

It is only free if your time is worth less than 1 USD/hour.
I have already seen a couple of them in the wild though.

Also, I really need to rebuy the T29 since I have 3 complete T110E5 crews.
Any other US heavy worth buying? I had fun in the T32, but tier 8 MM is meh.
The other option is to go back and fix my stats on the M103 or maybe get the M6 again?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I got my 15k xp in 7 battles I don't know what y'all are complaining about.

DonkeyHotay posted:

So our caller clicked H3 on the map, and said, "they're definitely camping here. CDCs, let's go around the map."

So obviously our IS-5s, completely spread out, went into your known camp face first. Because hey the map was clicked gotta turn brain off. Seems real.

How dead is -G- by the way? If PINGU had clan wars, we would have been able to get exactly 15 if the random 2k battles goon was counted. We could only get fifteen players for strongholds :(

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

SARSfest posted:

The 30.02M isn't actually bad, it's just completely overshadowed by the other T6 mediums. The Easy Eight has even better gun handling and depression plus sicknasty DPM, the Cromwell is super fast and the T-34-85 is a better generalist. The 3002M is just kinda bumbling and fat and doesn't readily lend itself to the kind of hypercarry games the others are capable of. I sold it (kept the other three, although in their premium incarnations).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Then you get the E-50, which is godly.
I've been awful at even getting doubles in my tier9 E-50 since I started playing again....any advice on how to make it "godly"?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

TheFluff posted:

The 30.02M isn't actually bad, it's just completely overshadowed by the other T6 mediums. The Easy Eight has even better gun handling and depression plus sicknasty DPM, the Cromwell is super fast and the T-34-85 is a better generalist. The 3002M is just kinda bumbling and fat and doesn't readily lend itself to the kind of hypercarry games the others are capable of. I sold it (kept the other three, although in their premium incarnations).

Pretty much, yeah.
Compared to the above tanks, it feels rather mediocre.
Although I just killed a Rhoomba beyond maximum draw range on Cliffs in it. :feelsgood:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've got a similar dilemma Cardiac.

I have three heavies worth of crews for Soviet tanks and once I finish the IS-8 grind it'll be four heavies worth. I can rebuy the KV-1, KV-85, T-150, IS, KV-3, or IS-3. I don't see a point to buying any of them though since I have so many premium Soviet heavies.

One option is buying the KV-4. Another option is eventually buying an SU-122-44 or a T-54 mod 1 next month and retraining the crews. Speaking of retraining I could retrain them to the T-54 lightweight or to the Soviet arty.

How is the T-54 Lightweight?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I've got a similar dilemma Cardiac.

I have three heavies worth of crews for Soviet tanks and once I finish the IS-8 grind it'll be four heavies worth. I can rebuy the KV-1, KV-85, T-150, IS, KV-3, or IS-3. I don't see a point to buying any of them though since I have so many premium Soviet heavies.

I will probably at one point rebuy the KV-1 for tier5 fun times.
Also, everyone should have an IS-3 for obvious reasons. I kept mine around after I started grinding the IS-8.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

RandomPauI posted:

How is the T-54 Lightweight?

Fairly solid, it is as one would expect, a scouty T-54. You get a fair amount of bounces, move reasonably fast, and the gun is pretty solid. You can play it as a fast medium basically and not be as fragile as an RU, but it is not as good of a dedicated scout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Cardiac posted:

It is only free if your time is worth less than 1 USD/hour.
I have already seen a couple of them in the wild though.

Also, I really need to rebuy the T29 since I have 3 complete T110E5 crews.
Any other US heavy worth buying? I had fun in the T32, but tier 8 MM is meh.
The other option is to go back and fix my stats on the M103 or maybe get the M6 again?

I re-bought the M6 a month ago to replay it a bit and maybe fix the stats. It actually surprisingly good. ~6.5 reload for the US 90 at tier 6. Even without a vert stab the tank is very accurate and in tier 8s the APCR still wrecks everything. Sure it's big and squishy, but the small turret, with really good DPM and handling make it very dangerous in good hands. I'm in the same boat though with the 8-bit E5 crew sitting in the T14 and now the domination crews taking up all my barracks space I need to buy some tanks to dunk them in.