Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

an adult beverage posted:

Go to Adam's Rib Co., its the best BBQ in town and Ballyhoo was my favorite local restaurant. You can visit The Swamp, it's usually open to the public during the day and while you are at The Swamp you can pray to the statue of Tim Tebow. Stubbie's was the best non-Undergrad bar IMO when I was there, but I think they might have closed. Check out the Butterfly Garden at the museum complex and then go to Lake Alice on UF's campus where you can see wild alligators. If you are in to snorkeling or Scuba you can check out Ginnie Springs about 20 minutes north of town. Welp, that's about it....

As an aside, I went to Gulf Shores and Pensacola this last weekend. Was disappointed that the Flora-Bama did not actually straddle two states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I doubt it, he's not dumb, just a blowhard

His actual tweet about the interview matches up with that statement pretty well.

FunkyBean
Mar 17, 2011
Low on fat and calories so gonna go eat some peanut butter.

That Works posted:

Florida goons I might be visiting Gainesville soon. What would be a couple of places to check out while I am there? Probably won't be during football season. I am in my early 30s so not really looking for clubs or places where lots of undegrads only go per se.

If you're into breweries there's First Magnitude and Swamp Head. Never been to either but people seem to like em a lot. First Magnitude I guess has a bunch of games and stuff there too. Satchel's pizza is pretty good. Like the other guy said as far as in town BBQ, Adam's is good. Payne's Prairie has some trails through it where you can see wild gators, buffalo, horses, pigs, etc. It's pretty cool if you're into nature stuff. Campus and the stadium are nice. Then there's also all the springs/rivers/lakes in the area you could check out depending on how long you're gonna be here.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Have you been to Disney World? It's in Florida, maybe go there.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Have you been to Disney World? It's in Florida, maybe go there.

Disney World in the summer is a special kind of hell I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Scarf posted:

Disney World in the summer is a special kind of hell I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Universal is better anyway. :colbert:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Disney World is bad and Frozen is really really bad

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I hate to defend Cowherd (even moreso knowing that MV detests him), but that poo poo interview is 100% on the shoulders of Harbaugh.

Feel free to listen to it again; Collin basically gave Harbaugh a platform to advertise Michigan football & he blew it. I know some folks think the whole intro alluding to Carrol was a low-blow, but if Jim or anyone else took time to familiarize themselves with Cowherd's previous comments, they'd realize that Collin idolizes Pete.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Let me tell you my opinions on children's movies

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
May I also recommend Universal Studios which is also in Florida.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Ard's Cricket Ranch in Pensacola is worth visiting if you're ever up that way.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FunkyBean posted:

If you're into breweries there's First Magnitude and Swamp Head. Never been to either but people seem to like em a lot. First Magnitude I guess has a bunch of games and stuff there too. Satchel's pizza is pretty good. Like the other guy said as far as in town BBQ, Adam's is good. Payne's Prairie has some trails through it where you can see wild gators, buffalo, horses, pigs, etc. It's pretty cool if you're into nature stuff. Campus and the stadium are nice. Then there's also all the springs/rivers/lakes in the area you could check out depending on how long you're gonna be here.

an adult beverage posted:

Go to Adam's Rib Co., its the best BBQ in town and Ballyhoo was my favorite local restaurant. You can visit The Swamp, it's usually open to the public during the day and while you are at The Swamp you can pray to the statue of Tim Tebow. Stubbie's was the best non-Undergrad bar IMO when I was there, but I think they might have closed. Check out the Butterfly Garden at the museum complex and then go to Lake Alice on UF's campus where you can see wild alligators. If you are in to snorkeling or Scuba you can check out Ginnie Springs about 20 minutes north of town. Welp, that's about it....

Thanks guys. I'm not sure yet how long / when I'll be down but I'm expecting to get an interview offer at some point. If that goes well, maybe I'll be living in Gainesville. Gonna be crazy living in my 3rd major college football town if so.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Korranus posted:

As an aside, I went to Gulf Shores and Pensacola this last weekend. Was disappointed that the Flora-Bama did not actually straddle two states.

If you didn't, next time you're down there hit up the Pink Pony in Gulf Shores. SEC fans from all around singing late-nite karaoke horribly.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

May I also recommend Universal Studios which is also in Florida.

I recommend Interstate 95 North, which will take you out of Florida.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
They have food as well as beverages at Universal Studios Presents City Walk

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sash! posted:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

should have gone with Colin CowTURD imho

What is the point of talking to a sports talk radio host unless you are incoherently cutting an SEC promo on them.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT, KSU, Miss. State only P5 schools with no national title. That is damned depressing and hilariously pathetic.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'd love to see a coach cut an actual promo.

Standing there in front of a chain link fence, his starting QB with his arms folded across his chest nodding smugly in the background, the coach saying things like WHEN WE FACE YOU THIS OCTOBER 15TH AT NEYLAND ONLY ON THE SEC NETWORK," having physically hold back the player who just wants the win that bad, lots of pointing...perfect.

The only question is which coach could get on the Ultimate Warrior's level? I mean, the dude foretold of 9/11 in one of his promos.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Sash! posted:

I'd love to see a coach cut an actual promo.

Standing there in front of a chain link fence, his starting QB with his arms folded across his chest nodding smugly in the background, the coach saying things like WHEN WE FACE YOU THIS OCTOBER 15TH AT NEYLAND ONLY ON THE SEC NETWORK," having physically hold back the player who just wants the win that bad, lots of pointing...perfect.

I actually started hearing the beginning section of Eminem's Lose Yourself as I read this, weird.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sash! posted:

The only question is which coach could get on the Ultimate Warrior's level? I mean, the dude foretold of 9/11 in one of his promos.

Jim Harbaugh.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

VT, KSU, Miss. State only P5 schools with no national title. That is damned depressing and hilariously pathetic.

ahem

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

pillsburysoldier posted:

It'll all be Inside Out stuff in six months.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
When did WVU win a title? Or Vandy or any other awful bottom dweller team?

Crotch Bat posted:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I think crotch bat included sports that aren't football

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I think this is in all varsity sports, not just football.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Sash! posted:

The best advice that has ever come out of TFF

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

AsInHowe posted:

Jim Harbaugh.

Bullshit

It'll be Les Miles and the coach o

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

computer parts posted:

It'll all be Inside Out stuff in six months.

Inside Out is the best hockey movie since Mighty Ducks, I eagerly await little kids everywhere wanting to be hockey players instead of ice people. It's a logical progression, really.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

Inside Out is the best hockey movie since Mighty Ducks, I eagerly await little kids everywhere wanting to be hockey players instead of ice people. It's a logical progression, really.

Does Lewis Black curse in it?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

Does Lewis Black curse in it?

no but he knows a bunch of curse words

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

I think crotch bat included sports that aren't football

say what now

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ross Angeles posted:

no but he knows a bunch of curse words

Only at the end of the film.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Raku posted:

Bullshit

It'll be Les Miles and the coach o

Coach O is the Luther for Les Miles Obama.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Its July now. That's almost August.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

The best advice that has ever come out of TFF

:laffo: if you think escaping into Georgia is a reprieve in any way.

Florida's fine--not any more crazy than rural fucktards in the rest of the south. The beaches and springs are pretty awesome. I think people expect paradise and it totally is not.

It's like the US's version of Australia--where everything is deadly and can hurt you. But the women aren't as beautiful.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 2, 2015

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

If you didn't, next time you're down there hit up the Pink Pony in Gulf Shores. SEC fans from all around singing late-nite karaoke horribly.

I was in the Phoenix hotel behind the Pony. Fun place. Almost got in a fight with a drunk who swore I was checking out his wife.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I really, really dislike Colin Cowherd but has Jim Harbaugh never answered meaningless questions before? Cowherd was seriously lobbing slow pitch questions that we've heard every coach in the world answer. Just be a human being, what the hell was that?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

LeeMajors posted:

:laffo: if you think escaping into Georgia is a reprieve in any way.

Florida's fine--not any more crazy than rural fucktards in the rest of the south. The beaches and springs are pretty awesome. I think people expect paradise and it totally is not.

It's like the US's version of Australia--where everything is deadly and can hurt you. But the women aren't as beautiful.

I just spent a week at Tybee Island in Georgia, and while Savannah was fine, Tybee Island reminded me of a mini-Gatlinburg at the beach. I heard someone call it the Redneck Rivera, and I approve. The only good thing was the fact you could open carry everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Korranus posted:

I was in the Phoenix hotel behind the Pony. Fun place. Almost got in a fight with a drunk who swore I was checking out his wife.

I will never understand this mentality. "Hey that dude thinks my girl is attractive! What an rear end in a top hat! Kick his rear end!"

Sorry dude you're totally right your lady is a beast.

• Locked thread