Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Sentinel Red posted:

All this Summers talk has me wondering...did any version of Cable get saved/make it onto a lifeboat?

Hopefully not because hey, I can't stand the bastard but it's gotten me curious...

There is a version of Cable in Giant Sized Little AvX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

See Richards ruins everything. Everything would be perfect if Richards was not around! :doom:
Not really. Strange doesn't say it outright, but hints pretty heavily that it's all built on a house of cards.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Not really. Strange doesn't say it outright, but hints pretty heavily that it's all built on a house of cards.

Still, it is impressive that anything is built at all.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Endless Mike posted:

Who are you to doubt Doom?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hahahahah the very first thing T'challa does is go for Namor. Amazing. :xd:

I don't think anyone's disputing that Phoenixclops was just there to be jobbed and is totally forreals dead now, they're just saying that being jobbed and totally forreals dead doesn't exactly prevent him from, y'know, coming back from it with little worse for wear. If Doom had done something incredibly godlike and scattered the Phoenix into pieces across the cosmos -- what little there is of it, I guess? -- or whatever then, sure, I'd count them out of the fight, but all we see is him snapping a neck.

I don't even think the Beyonders are as out of the game as Strange seems to think. Isn't that them on the cover of issue 5?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

It's hard to tell how literally that cover is meant to be because the Beyonders said that perm-beyonder was a child version or something. It's possible that doom and strange did something to get rid of the other Beyonders (or they just got bored and went away) but perm-beyonder got eaten by Doom again and that's where his power comes from.

Perm-beyonder being multiversal could explain why Doom would create a planet out of different realities.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I really enjoyed Spider-Man standing behind Reed during the confrontation like a sarcastic Greek chorus.

"You put yourself on a throne."
"And we're all really shocked by that, by the way."

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I really liked Maker and Maximus' responses to the :doom:RICHARDS:doom:

"Dude, you do not want to get in the middle of this".

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Real talk though: I don't think Stephen was being honest about how Doom became God. No way they actually managed to kill the Beyonders then.

Yeah, I wondered about that too. He didn't give much of an explanation and the panel just showed a generic aftermath scene. If I remember correctly the last scene of Doom pre-SW was him and Stephen throwing something at the Beyonder portal and then a close-up of Doom saying "Oh, gently caress!" or something like that. And then thousands of universes died.

zoux posted:

Also I'm all for Scott getting shut the gently caress down as he launches into another sanctimonious diatribe about the nature of humanity and mutants.

See, I was upset at this, because I haven't really touched the Marvel Universe much besides these last few runs. In my mind, Cyclops is the 90's cartoon/Marvel vs Capcom soldier-type who was supposed to be a great leader and all-around good guy, and I didn't like him giving a very uncharacteristic (to me) "I'm such a badass" speech and then getting chumped. That's probably the ultimate end of 616 Cyclops. :(

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was fantastic. I love the idea that Strange transported the other survivors to other parts of Battleworld. That included the Cabal right? Somehow I don't think Strange is dead, Doom has probably done this many times before.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Read Ultimate End and holy gently caress it's god damned terrible.

We get a scene of 616 Punisher getting Ultimate Punisher and thinking the other is an impostor. This ends with 616 killing Ultimate. This is then followed immediately by Ultimate Punisher killing people.

Get your poo poo together, Bendis.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Great as the main book was, I'd just like to say I really dug the Chinatown/Hulk Planet double in the Battleworld Journal. A noir Logan & Castle team-up going up against refugees from the last big alt universe event is very much my jam.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I get that Cyclops was gonna die and the Phoenix Force probably used to fix the universe but that was really stupid to kill him off that fast like that. I dunno this one felt really muddled and stilted compared to the other issues to me. It had some good individual moments but the overall flow just didn't work I thought. I'm sort of surprised to see the generally positive reaction it's getting. Itt's the first issue out of pretty much every tie in and main title that I haven't enjoyed and I've read them all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It felt kinda in character. Scott being "I got this guys" and rushing in to take out God Doom and getting ganked seemed like something he'd do. He has shown to put is faith in the Phoenix
Force before and that would make him feel invincible.

I liked A-force this week, I'm still curious about who the mystery girl is, though I still think its Black Mirror Kitty, just lots her memory.I guess She Hulk ended up in the Years of Future Past world? That was pretty good too. The Claremont level Colossus speech made my eyes gloss over though.

LIttle AvsX was again adorable and funny. I will not get tired ever of Lil Rogue always looking at her phone.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I can't help but feel that when Doom killed Phoenixclops his speech shouldn't have been "The Dream is Over!" it should have been "The Dream is Dead!"

I mean, it's right there. It's got the double meaning (That the dream is dead and also that Cyclops is now dead) and it is a nice call back to all those 90's X-Men stories around the time of Onslaught.

It was just such low hanging fruit, it should have been easy to pick up on.

In other news, Ultimate: End continues to be terrible.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
Why are Doom's eyes blue in the final panel, instead of brown as they normally are (and are in the rest of the issue)?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Domalom posted:

Why are Doom's eyes blue in the final panel, instead of brown as they normally are (and are in the rest of the issue)?

Everlovin blue eyed Doom.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

zoux posted:

Everlovin blue eyed Doom.

He really did take everything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Red Skull made it super obvious the Shield Wall is really the Thing.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Nobby posted:

He also managed to change Strange's mind with the start of his monologuing.

Then he just kept going.

We can't complain about Scott when Colossus had a full page Claremontian wordshit the very same week.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm not convinced that Singularity is black mirror Kitty anymore, basically just because of the leaked post SW covers. Kitty in a star lord mask is on the GoG cover but the space-lady is on A-force so unless they split into separate entities I dunno how it'll work.

I wonder if the Phoenix will go find Hope. Hah, fat chance. I know everyone basically hates her, but having her finally fulfill her destiny by restoring the universe or something would be better than her current fate. Wasn't she just in a coma prior to 'everyone's dead Dave'? Or maybe the Phoenix as actually-dead and it's supposed to be a demonstration of how things are Different Now.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Heathen posted:

We can't complain about Scott when Colossus had a full page Claremontian wordshit the very same week.

Well Colossus wasn't dumb enough to have it while actively in a fight. With Dr. Doom. Who is God.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Make a Fantastic Five. Adult Franklin, Valeria, Hope, Blue Marvel/Spider UK, Doom go around cultivating universes.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Just a thought: I'm starting to have suspicions about Strange. I'm not 100% convinced at this point that Doom is actually the "God" here. I don't buy that the same Strange who used the Blood Bible and made the Resolute Throne deal considered the power of the Beyonders and went "nah, too much".

It's been obvious from #2 that Strange is really running Battleworld. He's the one that enforces law and order and stops the domains destroying one another; he's the one who freaks out over the discovery of the Cabal raft while Doom mopes about in his castle.

In #4, why is Doom so vague in his recollection of the heroes and the Cabal? And yet Strange knows exactly who they are straight away.

When Phoenixclops is melting Doom, there's something fishy about Strange's hand movements. Doom's getting his rear end handed to him until Stephen makes a gesture -- the same one Doom is making as he grabs Phoenixclops by the throat.

It's possible that Strange has mindwiped Doom like he did Cap or something similar. It's the burden of rule that Strange declined, not the omnipotence, and so he's kept Doom around as "God".

I can't square away Strange's "death" scene, but getting lasered by your puppet ain't no thang if you've got Beyonder powers. Faking his death would leave Doom, the heroes, and the Cabal to busy themselves with each other while Strange continues with whatever shady poo poo he's been up to on the Isle of Agamotto.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Wachter posted:

Just a thought: I'm starting to have suspicions about Strange. I'm not 100% convinced at this point that Doom is actually the "God" here. I don't buy that the same Strange who used the Blood Bible and made the Resolute Throne deal considered the power of the Beyonders and went "nah, too much".

It's been obvious from #2 that Strange is really running Battleworld. He's the one that enforces law and order and stops the domains destroying one another; he's the one who freaks out over the discovery of the Cabal raft while Doom mopes about in his castle.

In #4, why is Doom so vague in his recollection of the heroes and the Cabal? And yet Strange knows exactly who they are straight away.

When Phoenixclops is melting Doom, there's something fishy about Strange's hand movements. Doom's getting his rear end handed to him until Stephen makes a gesture -- the same one Doom is making as he grabs Phoenixclops by the throat.

It's possible that Strange has mindwiped Doom like he did Cap or something similar. It's the burden of rule that Strange declined, not the omnipotence, and so he's kept Doom around as "God".

I can't square away Strange's "death" scene, but getting lasered by your puppet ain't no thang if you've got Beyonder powers. Faking his death would leave Doom, the heroes, and the Cabal to busy themselves with each other while Strange continues with whatever shady poo poo he's been up to on the Isle of Agamotto.

Hmmm... well now that you mention it Doom was whining about not being able to fix his face. Maybe that has something to do with Strange keeping it that way.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Hrrm to feed the conspiracy.

Domalom posted:

Dr Strange has blue eyes.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I think ya'all are overthinking this. Although I went back to check the digital version because I missed the blue-eye thing and drat don't it seem curious now.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's a coloring error y'all

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Read Ultimate End and holy gently caress it's god damned terrible.

We get a scene of 616 Punisher getting Ultimate Punisher and thinking the other is an impostor. This ends with 616 killing Ultimate. This is then followed immediately by Ultimate Punisher killing people.

Get your poo poo together, Bendis.

Maybe you wanna re-read that because it's not Bendis who made the mistake.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Remember when Danielle Cage's green eyes went absolutely nowhere at the end of Secret Invasion? gently caress you Marvel if you think I'm falling for a coloring mistake as a plot point now.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Coloring error starts with c, Clea starts with C, Clea was married to Dr Strange but their marriage was doomed, so he was a Doctor with a Doomed marriage

Oh my GOD DR. STRANGE IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN DOCTOR DOOM!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The number 23:tinfoil:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Shawn posted:

Remember when Danielle Cage's

Who?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don't know what to believe in anymore. NOTHING MAKES SENSE.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shawn posted:

Remember when Danielle Cage's green eyes went absolutely nowhere at the end of Secret Invasion? gently caress you Marvel if you think I'm falling for a coloring mistake as a plot point now.

On the other hand, remember when a coloring mistake led to Mark Waid creating an alternate hypertime Flash?

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Being that the panel in Secret Invasion and the issue of New Avengers where they try to find a nanny for her are the last place I remember seeing her I don't know if you are being cute or serious.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Here's Strange's arm movements. I see what you're getting it from but it's different enough that I wouldn't call it definite.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It looks like he's just casting the teleportation spell.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WickedHate posted:

It looks like he's just casting the teleportation spell.

That's exactly what Strange wants you to think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
It's not a coloring error, they're not blue, that whole panel just has a cool tone over it. Have we learned nothing from the tale of the changing gown? The dress is white and gold, not black and blue. Please use context clues.

• Locked thread