Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
goofy copy, awesome basses. i love my SX ursa 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dewgy posted:

goofy copy, awesome basses. i love my SX ursa 2

I miss my dirt cheap and ghetto sx RG copy with the warped neck

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lmao this is literally my bass.

its a good solid bass once you replace the electronics and the pickups but then again most cheap guitars are that way

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i wish i could replace the pickguard tho, its pretty much impossible to find that shape because real jag basses have more cutaways

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I was thinking about ordering one but replacing the electronics and pickups sounds like effort

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
On one hand, the money you save on it can be used to pay a tech to do it for you.

On the other hand, learning to replace electronics is orders of magnitude easier than learning guitar or bass (except replacing stuff on semi/hollow-bodies) and is very useful to know for the average bassist or guitarist.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Changing pickups is really easy as long as you have a half decent soldiering iron. If you can do that, the other electronics are not that much harder.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

esp bass wiring. there's no switches or anything to add complexity, you're just attaching pot a to wire a.

i knocked out installing 2 pickups and replacing the pots/output jack in about 3 hours of work and im kind of an idiot at soldering.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

tbf the electronics were extra hosed up on mine because the strap fell off at a show once and it landed flat on the front and bent everything to hell. buy straplocks, kids.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Grolsch washers.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Last night I had a dream that I somehow got on stage with Johnny Marr and his band, and just noodled under whatever music they were playing.

I was crap, but at least dream people are nice enough to say otherwise. :unsmith:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
tempted to buy a stupid music poo poo but i don't know whether it should have 6 7 or 8 strings or if i should just go buy a taylor

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

iostream.h posted:

Grolsch washers.

they work, or you can buy the ones with fender logos on it and not drink for about the same price

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Harry in Rio posted:

they work, or you can buy the ones with fender logos on it and not drink for about the same price

I hope you see what's wrong here.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

umalt posted:

Last night I had a dream that I somehow got on stage with Johnny Marr and his band, and just noodled under whatever music they were playing.

I was crap, but at least dream people are nice enough to say otherwise. :unsmith:

I very badly want a Johnny Marr signature Jaguar, preferably in Sherwood Green.

That's my Johnny Marr story.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Clitch posted:

it's my thread and i'll be ironic if i want to be, son

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

City of Tampa posted:

I very badly want a Johnny Marr signature Jaguar, preferably in Sherwood Green.

That's my Johnny Marr story.

drat i just looked that up, i'd definitely gently caress with that

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Clitch posted:

I dunno, not having to drink Grolsch seems like a definite win to me.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
you can buy a bag of those gaskets for a few bucks on amazon and not have to drink lovely beer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

comes along bort posted:

you can buy a bag of those gaskets for a few bucks on amazon and not have to drink lovely beer

Dunlop straplocks on the SG style strap layout, Shallers on everything else. This is law.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Where have we gone wrong, when we can't find the simple pleasure in drinking skunky, dutch, green beer out of a 5 lb. bottle?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i like dimarzio cliplocks because they don't have bulky locks and they stay on forever :)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

muike posted:

i like dimarzio cliplocks because they don't have bulky locks and they stay on forever :)

I sometimes worry that they're going to scratch my guitar that has them also they like to wiggle the screw loose over time.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
if your'e worried about scratching guitar you are not true doom murderhead

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

muike posted:

they're going to get nicked and dinged and scratched over time but I'd like to slow that process down on guitars that aren't my beat up old strat with thin paint

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
*does kickflip off wizard neck*

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

crossposting from vinyl thread -

jesus loving christ

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

album liner notes ARE pretty zany

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Allen Wren posted:

crossposting from vinyl thread -

That's a neat looking conversation piece $349 for gently caress sakes. This looks like it'd belong in an "As Seen On TV" catalog, not a Sharper Image.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Surprise surprise, a product aimed at the Yuppie/Hipster market. Perfect for annoying debates on how much better vinyl sounds.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

pointlessone posted:

That's a neat looking conversation piece

$349 for gently caress sakes. This looks like it'd belong in an "As Seen On TV" catalog, not a Sharper Image.

Yeah, I definitely would never buy it but it certainly looks neat. Who cares about how it sounds; the novelty of how it looks is rad. v:shobon:v

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

That is indeed some stupid music poo poo.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

I sometimes worry that they're going to scratch my guitar that has them also they like to wiggle the screw loose over time.
Your guitar would need to have an utterly terrible finish on it for those clips to do any damage. They make a clanky sound when they knock against the body but they're a lightweight plastic with no sharp edges.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

muike posted:

I am not a true doom murderhead but I am loving careless with my guitars.

I.m trying to figure out what to do with the neck on this one. Maybe just sand it down to a satin finish?

From the front it is clear that I have not changed the strings since 2008.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Slightly OT but gently caress it. A local promoter in my town has just put on a fantastic demonstration of loving your career in the rear end within 24 hours.

He was running a stage as part of a festival called Tramlines, which is basically a bunch of independent venues putting on a lineup over a weekend. It's usually really busy, you pay about £10 for a wristband that gets you into any of the main venues and all the fringe stuff is free anyway. Wu Tang and Martha Reeves are headlining this year and there's a ton of other good poo poo too.

Anyway, he took offence at having to pay a fee to use the branding and be included in official promo so threw a hissy fit. He declared that in order to stick it to the man not only would he no longer be a Tramlines venue but he would actively turn away punters wearing official wristbands, instantly writing off a good 75% of his potential audience. Some of the bands and techs involved had other gigs with Tramlines so immediately pulled out of the show in order to keep them, and I suspect his star turn are next.

Once he saw all the poo poo he was getting on Facebook he went into total meltdown and then doubled down, threatening anyone who criticised him via PM. To cap off the smoking crater that was his reputation he finally marched into the record store owned by two respected local DJs and threatened dire consequences if they didn't step off.

It's been a beautiful day in this neighbourhood let me tell you.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

darkwasthenight posted:

all the poo poo he was getting on Facebook

he went into total meltdown and then doubled down, threatening anyone who criticised him via PM

:justpost: it all

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

darkwasthenight posted:

Slightly OT but gently caress it. A local promoter in my town has just put on a fantastic demonstration of loving your career in the rear end within 24 hours.

He was running a stage as part of a festival called Tramlines, which is basically a bunch of independent venues putting on a lineup over a weekend. It's usually really busy, you pay about £10 for a wristband that gets you into any of the main venues and all the fringe stuff is free anyway. Wu Tang and Martha Reeves are headlining this year and there's a ton of other good poo poo too.

Anyway, he took offence at having to pay a fee to use the branding and be included in official promo so threw a hissy fit. He declared that in order to stick it to the man not only would he no longer be a Tramlines venue but he would actively turn away punters wearing official wristbands, instantly writing off a good 75% of his potential audience. Some of the bands and techs involved had other gigs with Tramlines so immediately pulled out of the show in order to keep them, and I suspect his star turn are next.

Once he saw all the poo poo he was getting on Facebook he went into total meltdown and then doubled down, threatening anyone who criticised him via PM. To cap off the smoking crater that was his reputation he finally marched into the record store owned by two respected local DJs and threatened dire consequences if they didn't step off.

It's been a beautiful day in this neighbourhood let me tell you.

a local vineyard sort of did the same thing - they were sick of the drunks piling into a bus, going from vineyard tasting room to tasting room, basically getting wasted and not buying anything. but then they went out and hired musicians, started charging a cover to get into their drat tasting room and pissing off the tourists who didn't understand why they were forking over 5 bucks to drink a 15 dollar glass of wine and hear dad rock.

and as a result i have the puke of a nova scotian on my pedal board and it's time to kiss that thing good bye forever re: curb alert vintage plywood

Spanish Manlove posted:

Dunlop straplocks on the SG style strap layout, Shallers on everything else. This is law.

oh man missed this, some dumbass nearly tore his ballsack using a pointy loving straplock on his sg

that was me, age 13

Harakiri Potter fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 2, 2015

sout
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.facebook.com/Fender/posts/10153354655043563
From the guitar megathread.

Nobody seemed that down on it, and I guess it's not terrible. :shrug:
That being said the standard Tele design has really grown on me since I got one, it just seems so, i dunno, regular to me.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

sout posted:

https://www.facebook.com/Fender/posts/10153354655043563
From the guitar megathread.

Nobody seemed that down on it, and I guess it's not terrible. :shrug:
That being said the standard Tele design has really grown on me since I got one, it just seems so, i dunno, regular to me.

I like it, but I've always had a soft spot for more symmetrical guitars. At least it's something new- The rest of the 10 for '15 have been mods on stock designs. http://www.fender.com/guitars/10-for-15/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

I guess someone at Fender checks out Rumbleseat Music's website too.

Except this one's a '52 original.

• Locked thread