Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Source: i killed witches first on ng+

Really? I did too and didn't see them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
sl4 run got a lot easier when my weapon jumped from +2 and nothing, to +6 with 3 phys gems and fire paper...

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

sl4 run got a lot easier when my weapon jumped from +2 and nothing, to +6 with 3 phys gems and fire paper...

it starts to get hard @ depth 4 dungeons and after rom

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
personaly im doing sl10 cos u can use more weapons but the defence lvl is teh same at 10 as it is at 4 so its just as difficult

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Howd you end up doing the One Reborn?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

molotovs lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
plunging attacks might work too but its hard to dodge him when he attacks u on the balcony,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Demons souls is still a fully sick game. kinda related bc this is the souls thread, and I've been playing it recently

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

plunging attacks might work too,

that seems risky, I can never really see his animation for the upper balcony attack and I feel like it'd one shot a low SL char

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

that seems risky, I can never really see his animation for the upper balcony attack and I feel like it'd one shot a low SL char

i didnt try it cos of that. neway thats as far as ive gotten since ive been playing DS1 and mgs3. still need to do amygdala (should be ez) and logarius (should be ok) too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

what's your ds1 build/weapon

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Demons souls is still a fully sick game. kinda related bc this is the souls thread, and I've been playing it recently

what kinds of weapons and spells are you goin for?

I heard that the boss souls make some badass spells, so im excited to play it soonish

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

what kinds of weapons and spells are you goin for?

I heard that the boss souls make some badass spells, so im excited to play it soonish

if you haven't played demons you're in for a treat, I think it's still my favorite because of how strange it is (probably because it was my first exposure to these games). the boss souls make a lot of really cool stuff, some of which is totally useless and just looks ridiculous which I appreciate. I'm doing a blue blood sword build, which is a weird weapon that has dmg scaling off of luck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Demons had a spell that let you delevel other people online and make them lose stats permanently, which is loving badass.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

what's your ds1 build/weapon

silver knight sword + scimitar dual wield. its pointless but i wanted to have a character that doesnt have the grass crest shield on its back and u can parry with curved swords

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

silver knight sword + scimitar dual wield. its pointless but i wanted to have a character that doesnt have the grass crest shield on its back and u can parry with curved swords

the scimitar is so sick.. i cant believe i never really used it til a week ago

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Demons had a spell that let you delevel other people online and make them lose stats permanently, which is loving badass.

I used to be against the idea of the scraping spear when I first heard about it, but the idea of having a weapon that causes people to commit suicide when they see it is just too badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol gently caress the scraping spear too, forgot about that. They dialed that stuff back in later games but I like having really brutal stuff like that to mess with people, why not. In DS1 people would rush low level runs so they could grave lord people in the starting level and destroy them, stuff like that is cool, and they stripped down invasion stuff in DS2 way too much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a wep in Demons that does no damage but it has insane sweeping knock back, and people have invaded me and just hung out near me not attacking for minutes, waiting for me to pull an enemy so they could bat me around like a dog's toy for no reason lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I need to know the name of this weapon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stormbringer. Everybody in the game gets and can wield it, it's part of a boss battle gimmick. Most people just never try to use it outside that one arena

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I never minded that stuff in Demons/Dark souls cause you can just stay in soul/undead form and avoid any pvp if you really want so its not like youre destined to be owned if you dont wanna be

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

I never minded that stuff in Demons/Dark souls cause you can just stay in soul/undead form and avoid any pvp if you really want so its not like youre destined to be owned if you dont wanna be

Yeah, and it results in cool videos like when Brad Shoemaker tried to play through Demons Souls live and whenever he beat a boss he would be invaded by the same person with a Scraping Spear who would destroy all of his equipment and poison him, repeatedly, over the course of like a 15 hour video series

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I got some message last time I played demons about online play not being available after a certain date, are they turning the servers off?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

Yeah, and it results in cool videos like when Brad Shoemaker tried to play through Demons Souls live and whenever he beat a boss he would be invaded by the same person with a Scraping Spear who would destroy all of his equipment and poison him, repeatedly, over the course of like a 15 hour video series

ya gotta pay the soul toll

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

I got some message last time I played demons about online play not being available after a certain date, are they turning the servers off?

They were going to a year or so ago and everyone freaked out but then they were like "ah Nevermind, here you go they're still online!" and I think they've been stuck at pure white world tendency ever since

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

holy poo poo

maiden in black is one of my fav video game characters and the mgs thread informed me that the doll has the same va. Which owns

frank.club fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 1, 2015

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

this owns

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

he doesnt seem that hard, his attacks are slow and its pretty easy to dodge the crap the ladies are throwing at you

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

one reborn was like an easy version of spider boss from souls 2. Just run around to whatever side is down and wail until he staggers

Dec 26, 2012

the one reborn is not very interesting or good to fight but i dont care because its gone fast and the area it was in ruled. same with micolash except chasing him around was cool

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

01011001 posted:

the one reborn is not very interesting or good to fight but i dont care because its gone fast and the area it was in ruled. same with micolash except chasing him around was cool

his intro scene is sick

Dec 26, 2012

this is very true

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
micolash is a cool fight

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

In Training posted:

shouldn't have picked royal

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

SM64Guy posted:

he doesnt seem that hard, his attacks are slow and its pretty easy to dodge the crap the ladies are throwing at you

It's harder at level 4

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

at lvl 4-10 everything kills u cos you dont have any defence or HP. your stamina bar is also tiny and u cant use a big weapon to stagger him with

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

So far the hardest bosses for me have been the yarnham shadows and that drat Chikage hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i guess that gehrman and undead giant v.2 have been my hardest fights, although i haven't done all of the story chalices yet