Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

CompeAnansi posted:

What load out and gun are you using on it? I'm just about to unlock it.

GLD, vents, optics.

Load APCR from the start and switch when you are engaging a soft target, not the other way around.

57 mm all day long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

RanKizama posted:

What's the armor on that big flat belt upper plate? That had better have some retarded E-100 specs or people are going to chew right through that thing.

Bet it's like 20mm and has a front mounted transmission.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TheFluff posted:

The 30.02M isn't actually bad, it's just completely overshadowed by the other T6 mediums. The Easy Eight has even better gun handling and depression plus sicknasty DPM, the Cromwell is super fast and the T-34-85 is a better generalist. The 3002M is just kinda bumbling and fat and doesn't readily lend itself to the kind of hypercarry games the others are capable of. I sold it (kept the other three, although in their premium incarnations).

the 3002M has really good penetration and accuracy on a mobile platform and is better at putting shots on target at any sort of range beyond "close". the e8's gun handling is only better until you get to a range where the m1a2 accuracy starts really hurting, and the cromwell's gun handling can charitably be described as subpar. the t-34-85 is overpowered anyways

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Post 2 screen shots of you doing double your HP in damage for a chance to win 5k gold:
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/450539-a-grand-exhibition-of-fire-contest/

Also the daily mission is not that bad, I did it in 8 battles yesterday.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Bet it's like 20mm and has a front mounted transmission.

It does have a front transmission, the only sloped part of the front protected by a riveted plate is where it is, just like on the Chi-Nu etc.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

srb posted:

It does have a front transmission, the only sloped part of the front protected by a riveted plate is where it is, just like on the Chi-Nu etc.

Man Japanese tank design really does make German tanks look sane by comparison.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Man Japanese tank design really does make German tanks look sane by comparison.

The STB ended up pretty good.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

BadLlama posted:

The STB ended up pretty good.

Well it's probably because it was what lead to their MBT development.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

I've been awful at even getting doubles in my tier9 E-50 since I started playing again....any advice on how to make it "godly"?

It's the same as the other German mediums, except the gun is a laser pointer. You play from the second line, but you get the benefits of great pen, accuracy, and shell velocity. That, and the armour lets you bully lower tier tanks.

I just play it like I play any other medium. Except it doesn't scout well, due to poor camo.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
You forgot the E50 class secret weapon. The last shell is the tank itself. :coolspot:

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I re-bought the M6 a month ago to replay it a bit and maybe fix the stats. It actually surprisingly good. ~6.5 reload for the US 90 at tier 6. Even without a vert stab the tank is very accurate and in tier 8s the APCR still wrecks everything. Sure it's big and squishy, but the small turret, with really good DPM and handling make it very dangerous in good hands. I'm in the same boat though with the 8-bit E5 crew sitting in the T14 and now the domination crews taking up all my barracks space I need to buy some tanks to dunk them in.

M6 is the only tank I have with 3 marks of excellence, the gun on it just feels perfect to me. Fast firing, really accurate and decent alpha. the gold pen is really high for some reason which means it's still competitive in tier 8 games.

I'm 180k exp away from the obj 140 now and it's the on-track but I'm not sure I have the stomach to grind that out in just under two weeks. I wish it came out a few weeks later since I really need that discount on it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
People tend to REALLY underestimate the power of the M6. I kind of want to buy mine back, but I know I will never play it :smith:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

People tend to REALLY underestimate the power of the M6. I kind of want to buy mine back, but I know I will never play it :smith:

True and Same.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mesadoram posted:

Yeah I loved the thing back when it first came out. It is just well rounded.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

It's the same as the other German mediums, except the gun is a laser pointer. You play from the second line, but you get the benefits of great pen, accuracy, and shell velocity. That, and the armour lets you bully lower tier tanks.

I just play it like I play any other medium. Except it doesn't scout well, due to poor camo.
I dont feel that you can play it like any other medium because it is too big, slow, and easy to spot. I just feel like it is made of paper, slow, and clunky.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

I think I sold mine to pay for my Tiger during an ontrack or something. I regret it.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Pretty much why I don't feel like the M6 is the way to go. I rarely play tier6 and when I do, it is in a toon.
And for that I have a T-34-85/Easy 8/FV304 + whatever line I am currently grinding.
I have plans to rebuy the KV-2 for obvious and hilarious reasons.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As soon as you find out how to hide the M6's gigantic hull the tank becomes a beast. I hated it for a long time because i simply couldn't find out how to use a fat,slow unarmored tank until goons told me to forget about depending on its armor, just hide and shoot.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cardiac posted:

Pretty much why I don't feel like the M6 is the way to go. I rarely play tier6 and when I do, it is in a toon.
And for that I have a T-34-85/Easy 8/FV304 + whatever line I am currently grinding.
I have plans to rebuy the KV-2 for obvious and hilarious reasons.

You mentioning the E8 trigged a twitch in my eye. You just reminded me of my current stats in the Fury (AKA the cursed tank).

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Mans posted:

As soon as you find out how to hide the M6's gigantic hull the tank becomes a beast. I hated it for a long time because i simply couldn't find out how to use a fat,slow unarmored tank until goons told me to forget about depending on its armor, just hide and shoot.

Are the tactics much different from using the T1? I don't know why or how but that tank just absolutely clicks with me and it's the only tank I feel no poo poo good at playing.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
It's almost exactly the same, except it doesn't feel like the same tank gimped up one tier - if that makes any sense.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
It's a faster T1 that can pen anything it sees frontally for more than twice the damage, so it just feels right.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Well I did MT-12. Too bad it was literally only me doing damage on the team.

primelaw fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 2, 2015

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
This has to be a new personal record for fastest Tier X game. Their team literally melted, I've never seen a pubbie team just cut through the other side so loving effectively.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

I dont feel that you can play it like any other medium because it is too big, slow, and easy to spot. I just feel like it is made of paper, slow, and clunky.

The E-50 has the same camo as the Patton or the Cent, but none of the accuracy/bloom issues. It's got better armour than either, except for the magic Cent turret.

The trick is that you will probably be spotted in the E-50, but you don't need to expose yourself very long at all to get a penetrating shot. So long as you are making GBS threads out damage, you should be helping your team.

Are you having trouble with any other tanks? The gameplay has changed a fair bit since two years ago, especially for tanks that are "armoured".

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blindeye posted:

Are the tactics much different from using the T1? I don't know why or how but that tank just absolutely clicks with me and it's the only tank I feel no poo poo good at playing.

it's the same thing i guess, i never played the T1 but the M6 is basically an upgunned version of it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The E-50 has the same camo as the Patton or the Cent, but none of the accuracy/bloom issues. It's got better armour than either, except for the magic Cent turret.

The trick is that you will probably be spotted in the E-50, but you don't need to expose yourself very long at all to get a penetrating shot. So long as you are making GBS threads out damage, you should be helping your team.

Are you having trouble with any other tanks? The gameplay has changed a fair bit since two years ago, especially for tanks that are "armoured".
I think my biggest issue is positioning. I can shoot and maneuver just fine, but if I am shooting an maneuvering in the line of fire, even in the 'second row', I easily melt. I generally know which tanks are impossible to hurt unless I shoot them in a tender spot, so I do not think it is a particular tank that gives me fits; just being in the right place at the right time. Also I find myself at my best in French lights and mediums so driving a big clunky slower medium makes it rough :v:
Thanks for the advice.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
WG misspelled "Prokhorovka" on the FV201 schedule, loving amazing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Ensign Expendable posted:

WG misspelled "Prokhorovka" on the FV201 schedule, loving amazing.

I did not expect them to make that particular typo. That seems kind of unforgivably lazy. Just hand the image off to any coworker who has played the game and that kind of poo poo doesn't happen.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Hellsau posted:

any coworker who has played the game and that kind of poo poo doesn't happen.

Hahahaha

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

PINGU had 9 people online for our CW fight with VILIN. Sorry, 9 people joined the battle out of 18 online. Ryan didn't bother joining the CW battle even though he was online.

We technical drew.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Hellsau posted:

PINGU had 9 people online for our CW fight with VILIN. Sorry, 9 people joined the battle out of 18 online. Ryan didn't bother joining the CW battle even though he was online.

We technical drew.

Rig moves this weekend. No internet. At least you has knispel.

You almost killed pingu though. About time.

JohnGalt fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 3, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JohnGalt posted:

Rig moves this weekend. No internet. At least you has knispel.

You almost killed pingu though. About time.

Just doing my god given duty.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

You mentioning the E8 trigged a twitch in my eye. You just reminded me of my current stats in the Fury (AKA the cursed tank).

I guess we need a trigger warning system in this thread, so that everyone gets warned in advance and don't have to leave their safe space when one of the following subjects show up:

Arty
Pubbies
Comet
A-44
A-20
Stat padders
Wehraboos
Hellsau

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Cardiac posted:

I guess we need a trigger warning system in this thread, so that everyone gets warned in advance and don't have to leave their safe space when one of the following subjects show up:

Arty
Pubbies
Comet
A-44
A-20
Stat padders
Wehraboos
Hellsau

Add BlackPrince too that list as well.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
I finally did it. Superior T-55A SOON

Also our new otter symbol is a gay biker hat wearing otter and i love it.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

Add BlackPrince too that list as well.

How can there be anything triggering about the Black Prince, it's a fantastic tank.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

srb posted:

How can there be anything triggering about the Black Prince, it's a fantastic tank.

Hey man we all have our demons. I drove the E-75 at a bad time in the game's nerf/buff cycle and shudder at the thought of driving one.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

I finally did it. Superior T-55A SOON

Also our new otter symbol is a gay biker hat wearing otter and i love it.

The T28C is super good. Getting two fires and therefore the T55A without playing arti is not good at all. However I got fires in mediums in three separate games today so progress!

We need a goon conspiracy to scum our way through the missions clearly. Who has an FV215b?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

primelaw posted:

Well I did MT-12. Too bad it was literally only me doing damage on the team.

Man the Comet is such a poo poo tank, can't even carry with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Who has an FV215b?

All true goons have a FV215b :colbert:.
When a called says 215b for a map it is like a mad dash to get in it. People loving love it.