Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
i think fnatic throws group stage games to get a lower seed pretty regularly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

no_funeral posted:

i think fnatic throws group stage games to get a lower seed pretty regularly

except if that's what happened then it backfired miserably because now they have to play TSM, who totally have fnatic's number, in the losers match and the loser is out and rip 100k.

I am so happy that NA teams just tagteamed to knock out one of the two best teams in the world out in the group stage. They were just saying on stream that TSM was joking about fnatic's loss and how they had the #1 seed in the group locked up. Yeah, sorry boys. Not like C9 or keyd is going to win the tournament but reality check, europe.

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 2, 2015

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

real dilemma posted:

except if that's what happened then it backfired miserably because now they have to play TSM, who totally have fnatic's number, in the losers match and the loser is out and rip 100k.

I am so happy that NA teams just tagteamed to knock out one of the two best teams in the world out in the group stage. They were just saying on stream that TSM was joking about fnatic's loss and how they had the #1 seed in the group locked up. Yeah, sorry boys. Not like C9 or keyd is going to win the tournament but reality check, europe.

fnatic stomped tsm 16-3 the other day, i don't think they're too worried

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

no_funeral posted:

It's bo1, they're probs worried

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, seņor!
Haha you americans are so cute.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

no_funeral posted:

yeah man it's just a bo1 against the only team that's been able to beat you in bo3s lately for elimination on day 1 of the 100k lan, gently caress it who cares

both teams should feel pretty bad about the situation they've put themselves in here

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I spent 5 mins on that server shooting bots, I think I got one stutter. hit reg was fine. i had ping of 13. I'd be surprised if performance held up with 10 players but am happy to try it.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Hm I wonder how the ESL thing is goi:vince:

This loving owns

Bohemian Nights posted:

Yeah, steel is coaching CLG and has been for a couple of months I believe
If he was banned from being the observer for majors surely he can't coach?

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

real dilemma posted:

yeah man it's just a bo1 against the only team that's been able to beat you in bo3s lately for elimination on day 1 of the 100k lan, gently caress it who cares

both teams should feel pretty bad about the situation they've put themselves in here

i will bet you one skin(my foreskin) that fnatic handily poops upon tsm lacey, shake on it?????????????????

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Stumbletron posted:

If he was banned from being the observer for majors surely he can't coach?

thats just valve events i think

bo1 or not this is some good cs so far. every tourney needs team povs it makes it so much better

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

no_funeral posted:

i will bet you one skin(my foreskin) that fnatic handily poops upon tsm lacey, shake on it?????????????????

ok you can teabag me if its a blowout

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

thats just valve events i think
Yeah but I mean hiring him means sitting out majors. I guess CLG didn't hold much hope of making one (until they beat fnatic :lol:)

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

real dilemma posted:

ok you can teabag me if its a blowout

NA should win because TSM is the only team i really like

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
The only NA team to lose a match is Luminosity? aka the only NA team that bothered hiring an EU player :rip:

This really is the best groupstage

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Stumbletron posted:

Yeah but I mean hiring him means sitting out majors. I guess CLG didn't hold much hope of making one (until they beat fnatic :lol:)

As far as I know steel has been pretty cagey about his involvement with CLG, he talks about/to them constantly and he was living in their gaming house but he said it was because some pipes burst in his own apartment or something. I definitely don't think they've officially hired him as a coach or anything. He's probably just with them at this event because he likes being involved and he has nothing better to do, but he's also definitely helping them in some capacity.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Stumbletron posted:

The only NA team to lose a match is Luminosity? aka the only NA team that bothered hiring an EU player :rip:

This really is the best groupstage

i get the feeling pyth was trying too hard to prove himself

uh oh c9 sounding more flustered already

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006

real dilemma posted:

As far as I know steel has been pretty cagey about his involvement with CLG, he talks about/to them constantly and he was living in their gaming house but he said it was because some pipes burst in his own apartment or something. I definitely don't think they've officially hired him as a coach or anything. He's probably just with them at this event because he likes being involved and he has nothing better to do, but he's also definitely helping them in some capacity.
Yeah I'm pretty sure being their coach at an event and living at their loving gaming house (when did CLG get a gaming house?) uh you know... counts

e: I haven't watched an overpass game in ages, will 5 rounds still be enough? A few left to win too

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 2, 2015

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Stumbletron posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure being their coach at an event and living at their loving gaming house (when did CLG get a gaming house?) uh you know... counts

My point is whatever he's doing isn't going to impact whether CLG can attend a major

Also swag is officially on C9s payroll and C9 can/is going to majors

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

real dilemma posted:

Sam M ‏@GODaZeD 2h2 hours ago
Is @JoshNissan The greatest coach of all-time?

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
Snax! :captainpop:

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

down with slavery posted:

MM rank is the best predictor of performance you're going to get

I'm GE and I've been pretty ineffective if not detrimental in all of the goonpugs I've played.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Sewer Adventure posted:

I'm GE and I've been pretty ineffective if not detrimental in all of the goonpugs I've played.

Are most goon's aim not terrible compared to yours?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Sewer Adventure posted:

Uh nice job getting boosted then

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Uh nice job getting boosted then

I'm global elite I only queue hostage maps get on my level

e: LG blew so many rounds they should have won against nv, jesus

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 2, 2015

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
one of these days LG(NAF) will throw a good smoke

bpower posted:

Are most goon's aim not terrible compared to yours?
There are a lot of pretty somewhat kinda good players that Goonman now, and most don't matchmake, plus GE isn't what it used to be.

e: maybe LG should rotate one through mid so they don't keep getting flanked over and over and over

mcvey fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 2, 2015

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Sewer Adventure posted:

What's your in game name?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

mcvey posted:

one of these days LG(NAF) will throw a good smoke

There are a lot of pretty somewhat kinda good players that Goonman now, and most don't matchmake, plus GE isn't what it used to be.

Have you noticed the regulars getting better or is it just more good players have joined?

edit: that looks a bit like "lol they sucked last time I was there". I dont mean to imply that, I was always happy if I middle fragged.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

bpower posted:

Have you noticed the regulars getting better or is it just more good players have joined?
The latter mostly.

There's been like three noticable waves of Goonmans throughout the years. The OG years where the vibes were super high and the skill was all over the place, the dark middle ages when vibes were poo poo and skill was middling to bad, and today where vibes are okay and the skills somewhat high for the most part.

vvv k1ng, garfu, sants, prolific(who'd old but hadnt played for awhile), dorky/quilty/rye(all the same person btw) are okay and I still consider newish, corncob and his buddies were okay. depends who you consider 'new' i guess.

Maybe I'm just getting worse so everyone looks better(it's this).

mcvey fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 2, 2015

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

mcvey posted:

The latter mostly.

who do you count as new? the only new good players i can think of are spiros and randy wag

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Good thing I slept in 'till 2 so I missed the greatest morning of pro CS:GO ever.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
got 5 guys on the server atm, need more goons in here to help test a 5v5, connect 52.18.52.233

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Sewer Adventure posted:

alright well I'm a LEM that plays excessively intoxicated, buys a taser every round, never saves, and I can regularly drop 25-30 so /shrug, that got me to about top 30 in GP skill, so you must be a broken cs player or something

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
loving lol, this little deagle kid I played with some time ago got banned yesterday, most hilarious part is some bot going around after the banwave and shilling some "improved" hax:

You really tired to take VAC BAN? you came to the right place ..
Ours is a community deliberately restricted, since it is not my job, and especially to have a hack really "undetected", there are some priorities for us,
1) Not too many Members
2) inscriptions often closed
3) Anti-Cheat updated 24h / 24
4) Loader to date (every time you log in, the files will always be downloaded automatically)
5) Anti-ban Metamorphic FILE (Every time you load the cheat, it appears as a differnet file
6) AutoUpdate 24h/24 after all Update from Games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

link to his dumb cheats removed

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

alright well I'm a LEM that plays excessively intoxicated, buys a taser every round, never saves, and I can regularly drop 25-30 so /shrug, that got me to about top 30 in GP skill, so you must be a broken cs player or something

Kills per Minute: 0.46
Kills per Death: 1.0615 (-*)

ehhhhh

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mcvey posted:

ehhhhh

How do you find that?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Ixtlilton posted:

How do you find that?

http://sub.io/stats/hlstats.php?mode=players&game=csgo

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Ahdinko posted:

got 5 guys on the server atm, need more goons in here to help test a 5v5, connect 52.18.52.233

we have 6 right now and there's already spikes in choke/var, and the sv goes red every time a round starts

not convinced it's viable, although I'll give you that it runs much better than I expected

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

mcvey posted:

ehhhhh

lol

im sorry but if you think the average goonman is any better than a dmg/le game you're smoking crack

im not saying there aren't some good players out there, but if you're a GE in MM you should be able to hold your own just fine in a goonman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

lol

im sorry but if you think the average goonman is any better than a dmg/le game you're smoking crack

ehhhhhhh

• Locked thread