Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

mcvey posted:

ehhhhhhh

do you even mm?

also, did the hlstats weapon stats break or something? whats up with that, sants is the taser leader with 1 tase? thats bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Sometimes, I've got 100~ wins.

quote:

also, did the hlstats weapon stats break or something? whats up with that, sants is the taser leader with 1 tase? thats bullshit
I think it only tracks that stuff from the past month.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

mcvey posted:

Sometimes, I've got 100~ wins.

I'll take that as a "I haven't played enough games in MM to know what I'm talking about"

also, in related cool things I found searching for my taser kills:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150324055820/http://sub.io/gp_skills/rankings - gpskill as of 03/15
https://web.archive.org/web/20141107052426/http://sub.io/gp_skills/rankings - gpskill as of 11/14

also, lol at the current GPSkill, wtf is going on in sub.io

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

down with slavery posted:

we have 6 right now and there's already spikes in choke/var, and the sv goes red every time a round starts

not convinced it's viable, although I'll give you that it runs much better than I expected

I'll eat some humble pie, on the completely free tier seems to run perfect at 5-6 but when we are at 8 players we are getting a stutter every other round or so. Its got 600mb of RAM and 1 core, CPU is running at about 30% so I think the option where you get reserved resources, 1 core and 2GB of ram for £9 a month would be solid

Just got to 10 and it was running about the same as it did 8, thanks for testing everyone

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 2, 2015

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Just match make...I don't get it...

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mcvey posted:

The latter mostly.

There's been like three noticable waves of Goonmans throughout the years. The OG years where the vibes were super high and the skill was all over the place, the dark middle ages when vibes were poo poo and skill was middling to bad, and today where vibes are okay and the skills somewhat high for the most part.

vvv k1ng, garfu, sants, prolific(who'd old but hadnt played for awhile), dorky/quilty/rye(all the same person btw) are okay and I still consider newish, corncob and his buddies were okay. depends who you consider 'new' i guess.

Maybe I'm just getting worse so everyone looks better(it's this).

Cent's fall from grace into DOTA marked the end of the OG era imo. Straight impossible to maintain vibes that high without him calling every kill bullshit.

loving miss those days

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

mcvey posted:

The latter mostly.

There's been like three noticable waves of Goonmans throughout the years. The OG years where the vibes were super high and the skill was all over the place, the dark middle ages when vibes were poo poo and skill was middling to bad, and today where vibes are okay and the skills somewhat high for the most part.

I remember playing with you and slumpy when the game was fresh and GO:ON was a new thing, far before servers for pugs and groups of more than 10 that would play at any time. Back when everyone was a DMG :)

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

I will make a complete official time line of goonmans. Someone remind me next time I am online. I want to do a "where are they now podcast" and talk to Cent and his wife, the second episode will be Slumpy, the third will be Roach, and then Hoods.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

#CentComeHome

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
7:27 PM - Centerius: no pengy i will not play counterstrike with you
7:27 PM - Centerius: that's what my wife said

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
NOT NOW, BABE. I'M IN THE FUCKIN ZONE

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Fat Lou posted:

I will make a complete official time line of goonmans. Someone remind me next time I am online. I want to do a "where are they now podcast" and talk to Cent and his wife, the second episode will be Slumpy, the third will be Roach, and then Hoods.

Walt disappeared pretty early too. Where's Ephedra been I don't think I've seen him in a while either.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Necc0 posted:

Walt disappeared pretty early too. Where's Ephedra been I don't think I've seen him in a while either.

8:06 PM - Ephedra: yo
8:06 PM - Ephedra: check out TIS-100
8:06 PM - Ephedra: on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/370360/

nerd poo poo

also walt got banned for dropping a hard f

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Necc0 posted:

I bet Ephedra is doing carpentry since it is summer and Walt is 1v5ing ESEA Open teams.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
CLG in the semi's lol, what a day.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

BrandNew posted:

CLG in the semi's lol, what a day.

Sign of the apocalypse?

:edit:

Skull Knight fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 2, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Luminosity is the only American team with European players, and they lost both matches. Coincidence?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Necc0 posted:

Haha yeah Walt and dnme got banned... The first casualties of Goonpug

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
14-14 fnatic on a force.. may be losing my 4skin today fellas

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
haha just kidding fnatic #1

anyway lacey it was an xtreme squeaker so you can still have my 4skin if you want it

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
a great game, pansy is a poo poo tier caster though, never shuts the gently caress up.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Haha yeah Walt and dnme got banned... The first casualties of Goonpug

Yeah it's coming back to me. We were so innocent back then. When a single TK led to a several page drama flameout.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Apparently I missed the halcyon days of GO:ONS, so now I have nostalgia for something I never did nor remember. :v:

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
In my day we flash boosted every round on nuke

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Kwilty posted:

What's your in game name?

baz. I think it's mostly the ping I get playing from the UK.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Necc0 posted:

Yeah it's coming back to me. We were so innocent back then. When a single TK led to a several page drama flameout.

the days when we thought mcvey's flashing could only improve

how wrong we were

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

mcvey posted:

dorky/quilty/rye(all the same person btw)

haha i thought it was just me

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

watching vp povs, it's loving ridiculous how good a strat caller Snax is. Makes me wonder why they didn't put him there before, seeing as he's a super smart player.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

dex_sda posted:

watching vp povs, it's loving ridiculous how good a strat caller Snax is. Makes me wonder why they didn't put him there before, seeing as he's a super smart player.

I love snax, I must watch some of his povs. I watched a couple of olofmeister on mirage and cache, definitely worth checking out. He plays alone a lot so you get loads of ideas for solo q.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
I've been a silver player for some time while trying to get good with the M4, AK and AWP. It never happened. My aim with those guns is terrible, but I'm pretty good with everything else in the game. I'm vocal when I need to be and I generally know what to do. I decided to play all my competitive games using only P90 and the auto sniper and just rely on lucky sprey with those guns while I focused on the other things in the game that I'm not terrible at. I've been doing this for three nights now, playing about 3-4 games each night. I've won every single game since then with a top score and went from somewhere late silver to gold nova 3.

For how long do you reckon I can keep this up?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Seeing how you were stuck in silver for so long Id say MG2.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Cache is easy when no one smokes
http://giant.gfycat.com/InbornSilkyBandicoot.gif

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Phosphia posted:

I've been a silver player for some time while trying to get good with the M4, AK and AWP. It never happened. My aim with those guns is terrible, but I'm pretty good with everything else in the game. I'm vocal when I need to be and I generally know what to do. I decided to play all my competitive games using only P90 and the auto sniper and just rely on lucky sprey with those guns while I focused on the other things in the game that I'm not terrible at. I've been doing this for three nights now, playing about 3-4 games each night. I've won every single game since then with a top score and went from somewhere late silver to gold nova 3.

For how long do you reckon I can keep this up?

Lower your sensitivity

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Lost my first game in a long time with 16-14 due to two russians on my team starting to argue and killing each other. I'm not sure why since I don't speak Russian but they were angry. They finally became friends again (I think), but then one of them accidentally hits the other dude with a grenade to the back as we rush B from T spawn on Dust II and he gets deleted with a 30 min competitive restriction.

Does anyone know if losses even impact you negatively if you're still top score with over 68 points?

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
MM is literally see man, shoot man in head, get called a cheater, until you're like LEM now.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Phosphia posted:

Lost my first game in a long time with 16-14 due to two russians on my team starting to argue and killing each other. I'm not sure why since I don't speak Russian but they were angry. They finally became friends again (I think), but then one of them accidentally hits the other dude with a grenade to the back as we rush B from T spawn on Dust II and he gets deleted with a 30 min competitive restriction.

Does anyone know if losses even impact you negatively if you're still top score with over 68 points?

A loss is always a loss. Nobody has proven anything about statistical relevance of frags. So assume they don't matter.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

yeah from what i understand the general consensus is it's rounds taken v expected with little to no personal metric

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Am I missing something or can you really not see the stats of the guns unless your in game? All I see when I go to the inventory or load out tab are the different skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

FalloutGod posted:

Am I missing something or can you really not see the stats of the guns unless your in game? All I see when I go to the inventory or load out tab are the different skins.

Skins are more important than stats didn't you know.

• Locked thread