Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boz
Oct 16, 2005
Looking for a guild invite from the ps4 guilds.

PSN: thatboz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Is there anyone on PS4 waiting to be bit by a Werewolf currently? I haven't heard anything yet from Mewpers. (I've got a friend who wants to be a Werewolf is why I'm checking.)

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

IAmTheRad posted:

I know for a fact I'm buying the imperial race upgrade. I just wonder if I should buy 1,500 crowns and 750, or just go with 3,000 crowns. If the price was 2,000 crowns it'd be easy to determine what to do. It's that extra 100 merits that makes the determination of how many crowns to buy difficult.
Oh sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking.
There is a third option: you can always subscribe for a few months, which will give you the Crowns in advance and get you a few benefits like a exp and inspiration bonuses, and slightly shorter research timers.
Without game expansions that you will have to pay for, the bonuses aren't that big, but it is an option you might want to consider.

Otherwise I'd go with the 3k Crowns: you can always keep the remaining in reserve for when we get expansions that you will have to pay for.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

RoboJoe posted:

Is there anyone on PS4 waiting to be bit by a Werewolf currently? I haven't heard anything yet from Mewpers. (I've got a friend who wants to be a Werewolf is why I'm checking.)

What do you want to hear? I said I'd like a bite. Still would! Didn't think anyone's bite was up for a few more days. I'll be around tomorrow.

Go ahead and do your friend though. I can wait for the next one.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Glockenapfel posted:

What do you want to hear? I said I'd like a bite. Still would! Didn't think anyone's bite was up for a few more days. I'll be around tomorrow.

Go ahead and do your friend though. I can wait for the next one.

Ah I see, well, you didn't post or message me when I posted about it yesterday so I was unsure. It's fine though, I can bite you tomorrow, just send me (RoboJoePrime) a message when you're around and I can bite you!

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Is crafting set items as big of a pain in the rear end as I think is based off what I've read? Is it realistically possible for a character to craft any of these items without either an immense amount of forethought and planning or a crafting alt?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

xxEightxx posted:

Is crafting set items as big of a pain in the rear end as I think is based off what I've read? Is it realistically possible for a character to craft any of these items without either an immense amount of forethought and planning or a crafting alt?

I don't know what you've read but it's actually pretty easy. There are really only two things you need to do to get on track for crafting sets...

1) Do research
2) Spread the research out.

Crafting set items is exactly like crafting regular items except you have to have the required number of traits researched per piece and you have to do it at the proscribed location. Some sets require only a little research (2 traits is the minimum), some require much more. You can easily be crafting the lower research sets by the time your first character is a week old or so if you keep your research going. The higher requirement ones will obviously take longer though.

So for example say you want to make Ashen Grip pieces. Ashen grip only requires two traits of research. So if you have two traits researched for say... helmet, chest, shoulders, boots, and 2h sword, you simply go to location and make the pieces as normal. The research is on a per piece basis and they can be any traits you want.

There is a full list of crafted sets here: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets (open the page and then tab over to the "crafted sets". This will show how much research is needed for each set, what it does, and where you craft it.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 1, 2015

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Chomp8645 posted:

I don't know what you've read but it's actually pretty easy. There are really only two things you need to do to get on track for crafting sets...

1) Do research
2) Spread the research out.

Crafting set items is exactly like crafting regular items except you have to have the required number of traits researched per piece and you have to do it at the proscribed location. Some sets require only a little research (2 traits is the minimum), some require much more. You can easily be crafting the lower research sets by the time your first character is a week old or so if you keep your research going. The higher requirement ones will obviously take longer though.

So for example say you want to make Ashen Grip pieces. Ashen grip only requires two traits of research. So if you have two traits researched for say... helmet, chest, shoulders, boots, and 2h sword, you simply go to location and make the pieces as normal. The research is on a per piece basis and they can be any traits you want.

There is a full list of crafted sets here: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets (open the page and then tab over to the "crafted sets". This will show how much research is needed for each set, what it does, and where you craft it.

Right and of its a set that requires five traits I have to have five trains researched on all items I want to craft it in, so if it's a set with five pieces each piece I craft will need five traits unlocked right?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

xxEightxx posted:

Right and of its a set that requires five traits I have to have five trains researched on all items I want to craft it in, so if it's a set with five pieces each piece I craft will need five traits unlocked right?

Correct.

Not sure what exactly you mean by a "set with five pieces" though unless you just mean making five pieces for the full bonus. To clarify for anyone who doesn't know, set gear can be anything. If you're crafting a set you can make the bonus any combination of heavy/medium/light armor, and/or weapons/bows/staves/shields. It should be noted that only equipped weapons count however, a weapon on your off bar will not contribute.

Also keep in mind that sets max out at a five piece bonus but you have 7 armor slots + weapon. You can have more than one active set bonus. You can, for example, wear five pieces of Twilight's Embrace for the full bonus, plus three more (two armors + weapon) of The Seducer for a partial bonus from that set. Both will apply.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Crafted sets are based on the number of Traits researched per item. The amount of research time goes up per number of Traits on a particular piece so the higher Trait sets take a long time. This can be shortened by investing some skill points, but the last trait alone takes a month per item.

My main is only level 26 or so and can craft full sets of heavy and most medium with several weapons/shield of up to 3 traits researched. That means six available sets, all of which are interesting in different ways. I have some items up to four Traits and various levels in wood and light. Since initially leveling him in most of the crafts I have focused some Alts on crafts and am now leveling them.

The level of the crafted set is determined by the material, not the set. My main has been wearing crafted armor for over ten levels and has crafted sets for all my alts. I just keep recrafting every few levels.

Once you are lvl 15 you can effectively wear two sets if you dual wield or sword and board. 3 armor pieces and two weapons from one bar. 4 armor pieces and one weapon from the other. My Templar has a sword and board set and healing set with a Resto staff. Of course they aren't the best sets maybe, but they are interesting.

Personally I think if you are willing to consistently forage materials while questing, grinding and such that crafting is pretty worth it. Of course I really don't mind just exploring, grinding and foraging and sometimes really prefer it over running around questing. Foraging is pretty easy for most things, unlike a lot of other MMOs I have played. There also seem to be plenty of skill points so that having your 10-12 actives, a good set of passives and crafting skills in at least one craft is feasible. I think maybe heavy armor is the most efficient from a skill perspective since smithing is used for most weapons as well, but of course that won't work for all builds.

This is all based on early days though. No idea how it all works out long term or if it is worth it from that perspective. I like crafting my own gear, pots, food so I will keep at it.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

radintorov posted:

Oh sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking.
There is a third option: you can always subscribe for a few months, which will give you the Crowns in advance and get you a few benefits like a exp and inspiration bonuses, and slightly shorter research timers.
Without game expansions that you will have to pay for, the bonuses aren't that big, but it is an option you might want to consider.

Otherwise I'd go with the 3k Crowns: you can always keep the remaining in reserve for when we get expansions that you will have to pay for.

I know that subscribing was an option. It's just not that worth it right now. Since Goons can make equipment if I provide the mats, it's not a problem for research timers. The xp bonus isn't needed since I outlevel quests just by doing everything. The other benefits don't exist yet, and I'd rather just play "for free" rather than subscribing. I find it more worthwhile if a game doesn't yell at you to give them money to play the game to throw a few dollars their way. Or in the case of ESO I threw quite a bit of money at them to get the game, Explorer's Pack was off ebay...

It's worth it in my opinion. If my metric is $1/hr of gametime, that's a pretty drat good deal so far from what I've played.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

IAmTheRad posted:

I know that subscribing was an option. It's just not that worth it right now. Since Goons can make equipment if I provide the mats, it's not a problem for research timers. The xp bonus isn't needed since I outlevel quests just by doing everything. The other benefits don't exist yet, and I'd rather just play "for free" rather than subscribing. I find it more worthwhile if a game doesn't yell at you to give them money to play the game to throw a few dollars their way. Or in the case of ESO I threw quite a bit of money at them to get the game, Explorer's Pack was off ebay...

It's worth it in my opinion. If my metric is $1/hr of gametime, that's a pretty drat good deal so far from what I've played.

If you decide to buy 1500 and 750, there's no reason not to just subscribe really. If you decide to get 3000 crowns and buy some other stuff, and you want it all now, then subscribing is pretty pointless early game, when leveling is easy.

On the other hand, it does also give more inspiration when you dismantle/craft stuff, so there's that.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

The current meta has it where the highest you need to be in research for sets is six traits, no one currently uses the 8 or 9 set as the bonuses are not nearly as competitive as easier to craft sets.

For stam users most will want Hundings Rage for the 5 piece power bonus, that's a 6. Magicka will rely on some combination of Magnus and Torugs, which are 4 and 3 trait sets respectively. Hist Bark is popular with tanks and that's 4 trait set.

Some of those can take awhile to get to, but the 2 and 3 trait sets are in general pretty good and easy to research up to.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

When researching, just focus on something. For tailoring, focus on medium or light, for blacksmithing, focus on a single weapon type.
After about a month you should have 5 things researched on all slots and be able to make whatever you want.

Cereal Connoisseur
Jun 29, 2011
I would like a guild invite on PC for my lizard wizard (actually a templar healer but shhh) @Gafford43 thanks in advance

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Tomorrows ESOLive will announce gameplay changes in Update 7 they said today.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Tomorrows ESOLive will announce gameplay changes in Update 7 they said today.

Changes that will come in about 6 months from now.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

Changes that will come in about 6 months from now.

I warned you to not try to grind up to VR14 character a second time

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Getting another character up to V14 isn't much of a problem for me. Aoasha already has her second toon at VR 9 and I've gotten mine to VR 6 through nothing but dungeon running (granted, completed dungeon challenges give an assload of exp), shard/location collecting, and daily turn ins.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Things I can think of from memory on what they've said to be coming with Update 7:

*PvP changes (PvP Head Designer person went over this last week on ESOLive, basically battle buff everyone up to VR14 with campaign ruleset changes)
*Racial Passives Balancing (Specifically Argonians, Nords, and Orcs)
*Leveling changes (more exp from quests to bring it up to line with reward/time spent grinding, less exp required for VR levels, Craglorn experience buffs)
*Set Revamp (rebalancing old sets, new sets to be crafted(?)/dropped)
*Possibly Imperial City

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
I'd appreciate an invite. @theczarist for ebonheart goons

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm on PS4 (have characters in Aldmeri Dominion and Ebonheart) if anyone wants to invite me to the guild or invite to your FL, my ID is DADDYSBIGRIG.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

The Berzerker posted:

I'm on PS4 (have characters in Aldmeri Dominion and Ebonheart) if anyone wants to invite me to the guild or invite to your FL, my ID is DADDYSBIGRIG.

Done

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Bobert Bobertson posted:

I'd appreciate an invite. @theczarist for ebonheart goons

Account not found.

Oh nevermind, you're on PC.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
I have a question about the pvp worlds. Maybe I'm just retarded but when I scroll down there are a whole bunch that say "Ended". I feel like they have been that way all week. Do I need to hang out for these non vet campaigns to start over?
(BTW I might be retarded regardless).

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I saw the exact same thing when i first hit level 10 and looked at all the Campaigns on Xbone so you're not alone in thinking that!

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
All PC, if you haven't switched already set your home campaign in PVP to Chillrend. It seems that most of the EP players who were on Thornblade have since transferred over to Chillrend, and as a result it's now usually mostly red. The mere concept of a buff server and PvP influencing PvE is dying a righteous death before too long, but in the meantime if you want those sweet, sweet boosts all you need to do is home on Chillrend.

Nulity
Sep 26, 2010
yo i havent played in over a month or so. did they add murkmire yet?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Thanks, got those last night but my headset had no charge so I wasn't participating. I'll likely be on during the occasional afternoon and later at night (EDT) though I'm not much use to anyone yet since I'm only level 8 on my highest character.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Thanks to RoboJoe I got my wolf on last night. Woof woof! If anyone on PS4 Ebonheart needs one, msg Mewpers on PSN. My playtime will be scattered this weekend.

gadget arms
Apr 18, 2005
Can I get an invite to the US PS4 guild?

PSN: JRoenneburg

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit
Do subscriptions carry over from pc to console? I've subbed on my pc account, and I picked up the game for the XBone yesterday and linked the account. Does this mean my XBone account gets the subscription benefits as well? Or do they force you to pay for each account separately even though they're linked?

On that note - hook a brother up with a couple guild invites!
PC: TheKeeperr
XBO: Keeper075

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

They are seperate.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I just realized my new horse cost 30 bux I feel dumb.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Scyantific, if you don't mind, I'd like to revise my description of Destinations.

Destinations: marks and labels a variety of useful things on your map, such as quests you haven't completed or achievement locations.

And I'd like to suggest a couple other addons for the list.

PublicDungeonChampions: marks the location of boss monsters inside Public Dungeons and indicates if you have killed said bosses before. Great for finishing the related achievements or finding the skill point in each public dungeon.

Crafting Stations: marks all of the special crafting stations on the map. Mousing over the marked crafting stations shows the special item set each can create.

bruno jarbridge
Jan 10, 2005
Can I get an invite to the PS4 EP Guild(s)? Public chat is depressing the poo poo out of me.
psn: BadWooch

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

lol vr16

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welp there goes the "removal" of Veteran Ranks.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I mean with the proposed exp changes its still the same amount of exp to hit VR16 as VR14 but its like, okay, way to go with the one thing absolutely no one was requesting. This should go over well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The forums are already exploding with "NO NO NO" so yeah, obviously it went over well.

• Locked thread