Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

MindlessHavok posted:

I will never understand this mentality. "Hey that dude thinks my girl is attractive! What an rear end in a top hat! Kick his rear end!"

Sorry dude you're totally right your lady is a beast.

The problem here is you're not thinking of women as property that can be stole from their rightful male owners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

drunk leprechaun posted:

The problem here is you're not thinking of women as property that can be stole from their rightful male owners.

Nah it's just I'm sexy as all hell and don't have to worry about my girl getting stolen

:getin:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Seaniqua posted:

I really, really dislike Colin Cowherd but has Jim Harbaugh never answered meaningless questions before? Cowherd was seriously lobbing slow pitch questions that we've heard every coach in the world answer. Just be a human being, what the hell was that?

He is a weirdo with absolutely no social skills and it gets spun as a positive because he is good at his job.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

nate fisher posted:

I just spent a week at Tybee Island in Georgia, and while Savannah was fine, Tybee Island reminded me of a mini-Gatlinburg at the beach. I heard someone call it the Redneck Rivera, and I approve. The only good thing was the fact you could open carry everywhere.

There is only one Redneck Riviera and that place is Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

LeeMajors posted:

There is only one Redneck Riviera and that place is Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

No, that place is the part of the Florida Panhandle that's in central time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^This guy gets it

LeeMajors posted:

Haha nope. It's Pensacola(or even a little further into Alabama) to Panama City. There's even a book about it. I can remember going to PCB in the late 80s and my parents calling it that and having no clue what they were talking about.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Universal Studios may not have a beach but it does have many fun water themed rides

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Weird. Myrtle has always been referred to that here. Guess its regional.

Id still stack myrtle against pensacola any loving day of the week for that title.

You can walk 100yards and buy a tricked out golf cart, play a round of putt putt, and enjoy a steak and a lapdance.

Its hell on earth.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

LeeMajors posted:

There is a reason I haven't been there since 1999. I prefer the Outerbanks, but that drive to Hatteras is a killer. I think I will try the beaches of Charleston next year, but I doubt I will go back to Tybee.

MindlessHavok posted:

Haha nope. It's Pensacola(or even a little further into Alabama) to Panama City. There's even a book about it. I can remember going to PCB in the late 80s and my parents calling it that and having no clue what they were talking about.

I heard this place in Sweetwater (less than hour from Knoxville) called the Redneck Riviera or Redneck Resort. Even from the interstate you can see the mud flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QUT4Pi2wLE

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Weird. Myrtle has always been referred to that here. Guess its regional.

Id still stack myrtle against pensacola any loving day of the week for that title.

You can walk 100yards and buy a tricked out golf cart, play a round of putt putt, and enjoy a steak and a lapdance.

Its hell on earth.

I went to Panama City for 4th of July a few years ago and we were walking out of the back of Spinnaker onto the beach after watching the noon wet tshirt contest. There was a huge group of people on the beach and we see a fight break out a bit down the beach. One guy starts running towards it yelling about it being one of his boys. He screeches to a halt, runs back to his beach bag and yells "gotta get my knuckles!" and grabs brass knuckles out of his beach back before running back down the beach.

Because that's the checklist that happens when you go to the beach. Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Towel, Umbrella, Cooler, Brass Knuckles.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I feel like I should say something about Branson here but then I'd have to think of something to say about Branson.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I feel like I should say something about Branson here but then I'd have to think of something to say about Branson.

Branson is too gimmicky

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MindlessHavok posted:

I went to Panama City for 4th of July a few years ago and we were walking out of the back of Spinnaker onto the beach after watching the noon wet tshirt contest. There was a huge group of people on the beach and we see a fight break out a bit down the beach. One guy starts running towards it yelling about it being one of his boys. He screeches to a halt, runs back to his beach bag and yells "gotta get my knuckles!" and grabs brass knuckles out of his beach back before running back down the beach.

Because that's the checklist that happens when you go to the beach. Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Towel, Umbrella, Cooler, Brass Knuckles.

Spring Break destinations should be exempt from this discussion.

It doesn't qualify if there isn't a weird beachfront golf cart community with condos curfews.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I don't understand the appeal of the beach. It's summer and I'm hot, so I'll go sit on a pile of super heated glass in the sun?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sash! posted:

I don't understand the appeal of the beach. It's summer and I'm hot, so I'll go sit on a pile of super heated glass in the sun?

Butts.

Also being out in the sun rules.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Sash! posted:

You're like some dull Dickensian character trudging around in the puddles of London.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Sash! posted:

this is a sash as hell post but I agree why go to the beach when I can go to a place with sickass waterslides

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Sash! posted:

I actually agree with Sash about something, someone put me down before I get old.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

MindlessHavok posted:

^^^This guy gets it

Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Pensacola is the true Redneck Riviera for Missourians, I can confirm this.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
My family has a beach house in Port St. Joe, which is about half an hour east of Panama City. I'm so glad I never had to deal with that hellhole and instead enjoyed empty private beaches full of blue hairs.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Grittybeard posted:

My small town southern Iowa in-laws always are trying to convince me to join them for a week in Branson. I hope I never run out of excuses. It isn't the redneck riviera though. Branson is the redneck Vegas.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 2, 2015

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
The Simpsons' line about Branson being Vegas if Vegas was run by Ned Flanders is the perfect description of it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The beach and ocean are both dope

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

What about Branson though? I hear there are throwed rolls somewhere nearby. Also Yakov Smirnoff.

Ok I honestly can't dislike Yakov, he's just a guy with an aged schtick.

e: Holy poo poo someone pays him to teach? From wiki:

quote:

Smirnoff is also a professor at Missouri State University and Drury University where he teaches a course titled "The Business of Laughter."

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 2, 2015

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Spring Break destinations should be exempt from this discussion.

It doesn't qualify if there isn't a weird beachfront golf cart community with condos curfews.

I pretty clearly said 4th of July

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MindlessHavok posted:

I pretty clearly said 4th of July

I pretty clearly said spring break destinations. Cancun, Panama City, Daytona...all trashy as gently caress and exempt out of principle.

It would explain the presence of brass knuckles.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

What about Branson though? I hear there are throwed rolls somewhere nearby. Also Yakov Smirnoff.

Ok I honestly can't dislike Yakov, he's just a guy with an aged schtick.

e: Holy poo poo someone pays him to teach? From wiki:

Substantially less dope.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Branson is actually the retiree place, not redneck.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

You're like some dull Dickensian character trudging around in the puddles of London.

Yes, but that's neither here nor there

Groucho Marxist posted:

this is a sash as hell post but I agree why go to the beach when I can go to a place with sickass waterslides

So far, no one has been nibbled by a shark on any lazy river at any water park. I figure its only a matter of time until ISIS puts a shark in one, though. Advantage: water park.

I mean, I, personally, prefer something like a lake up in the mountains with the cooler air and less humidity to escape the heat and humidity of summer.

Now that I think about it, sharks in water parks sounds like a Cobra plan.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MindlessHavok posted:

Nah it's just I'm sexy as all hell and don't have to worry about my girl getting stolen

:getin:

Kliffy alt account spotted

E: if you swim in a water park you might as well let R Kelly piss on you, same urine content

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

Kliffy alt account spotted

E: if you swim in a water park you might as well let R Kelly piss on you, same urine content

Ryan Kelly is an integral part of our O-line and he can piss on anyone he wants!

also branson owns for one reason and one reason only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kakU6kQDmU4&feature=youtu.be&t=619

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

MourningView posted:

I'm not sure there is adequate reason to vacation anywhere that is not the ocean (for scuba diving and beach lounging and seafood eating and fruity drink drinking) or the mountains (for skiing and drinking that is extra effective).

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
I have never seen so many lifted bro pickup trucks in my life than in the three days I was in Panama City in March. It was amazing and horrible.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Frinkahedron posted:

I have never seen so many lifted bro pickup trucks in my life than in the three days I was in Panama City in March. It was amazing and horrible.

Allow me to share with you my passion for mudding

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

yah but sharks. though the beach at sunrise/sunset owns, drinking on the beach owns, reading on the beach owns, and swimming in general owns. So I guess those outweigh sharks.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I know a girl who makes it a huge point to go to Daytona every year.

Not to visit the beach, to catch the NASCAR race.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

KKKLIP ART posted:

yah but sharks. though the beach at sunrise/sunset owns, drinking on the beach owns, reading on the beach owns, and swimming in general owns. So I guess those outweigh sharks.

Sharks kill like 5 people a year. You're more likely to die from eating a McDonalds hamburger at the beach that a shark in the water.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I know a girl who makes it a huge point to go to Daytona every year.

Not to visit the beach, to catch the NASCAR race.

I went to the Daytona 500 once when I was 16 and it was the worst event I have ever been to.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

KKKLIP ART posted:

drinking on the beach owns

I wish this wasn't illegal :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
No one actually gets eaten by sharks you nerds, and if one every tries to eat me I will punch it right in the dang face to teach it a lesson. I fear no fish.

Ross Angeles posted:

I wish this wasn't illegal :(

Only if you lack the imagination to properly hide it.

• Locked thread