Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

OhsH posted:

My poo poo will last until it breaks or i upgrade, and yet i dont have to worry about certain games not being able to use a wheel as an option because loving lmao pc supremacy.

Although id wager ive spent as much on iracing to even out our differences, just maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
just to clarify: catte is a PC supremacist and only uses my G25 (selfish) (she has no thumbs and is terrible on turn 1)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ya the g27 is for pc. Console games are gamepad

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
"Lets spend hundreds of dollars on third party perhiphrials for a closed platform I'm sure it'll work on a ton of games for years to come"

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Ether Frenzy posted:

A bloo a loving bloo, my sega genesis controllers don't work on my NES what the gently caress

I can't stop laughing at this, but what ohsh said. All told, if you're gaming on a console, what the gently caress did you expect.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

I too feel it makes much sense to buy an Xbone and then instead of playing games on it, use it to stream console-only titles to a win 10 machine because really, how bad can input lag be in a driving game anyway????

Not at all unless Microsoft really screws it up. It's perfect on PS4 to Vita on the same network.

But yeah, the Forza talk on PC is silly. If people really want to play Forza they have to buy an Xbox. Fans have been requesting a PC version of the game for years now, along with every other major Xbox exclusive and it hasn't happened yet and it never will.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

EdEddnEddy posted:

This is whats been biting me. Why the hell, Microsoft, with the X360 and now the current crop of PC x86 based Consoles, can't they support universal USB devices without some sort of BS DRM. Who the hell wants to buy a new wheel for each generation of console, and what if they owned multiple consoles?

It's friggin stupid.

PC > * and will continue I suppose. They are getting to be more Console Like these days with the ease of making powerful HTPC's or now Streaming to your TV for a Console Like experience at least.
It's pretty much the reason I didn't buy an Xbox One. My Forza branded CSR Elite wheel can't loving play Forza 5.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
2.0 just went live on Steam. 1.4GB

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

wolrah posted:

2.0 just went live on Steam. 1.4GB

Bbbut it's terraria 1.3 day

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there any new car packs with this release? I'm itching for more car packs, I love me some car packs, just shove them up my rear end so they get to me faster.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Nope. Just a bunch of fixes, performance tweaks, etc. Here's the changelog: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes-OUT-NOW-on-PC

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

Are there any new car packs with this release? I'm itching for more car packs, I love me some car packs, just shove them up my rear end so they get to me faster.

Free car later this month in addition to a car pack, I believe.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ugg the AC unit in my garage where I do my sim stuff is down. Have to wait to try the patch since I don't want to die.

It was 108 yesterday....

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Norns posted:

Ugg the AC unit in my garage where I do my sim stuff is down. Have to wait to try the patch since I don't want to die.

It was 108 yesterday....

I have done a Dirt Rally and an iRacing session today and even with my window wide open and a decent breeze I was dripping by the end of each. I'm waiting for the sun to go down before doing a pCARS session.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Even with A/C running, I need a fan pointed at me. Practice and qualifying I stay pretty chill but in a race I tense right up and get hot. There's just something about being a foot off some car's bumper that raises the body temp.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Racing takes focus and concentration. My arms and hands hurt after a extended session from my G25 being so tense and wrestling my cars around a bit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

xzzy posted:

Even with A/C running, I need a fan pointed at me. Practice and qualifying I stay pretty chill but in a race I tense right up and get hot. There's just something about being a foot off some car's bumper that raises the body temp.

Race cars have fans in them anyways, so you're just adding to the immersion. :v:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The game still needs a bit of work on the AI front. This was a rolling start and it just deposited me into a wall.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
What does dropping Fy to 0 do aside from completely remove any centering forces from the wheel? It feels weird and not like a car at all.

Also ya they're def gonna have to hotfix the AI, you can hardly pull in to/out of any pit lane without hitting a wall when in autodrive. I wish they'd get rid of that all together.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

EvilJoven posted:

Also ya they're def gonna have to hotfix the AI, you can hardly pull in to/out of any pit lane without hitting a wall when in autodrive. I wish they'd get rid of that all together.

Try it on Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile, you straight up drive through a fence when you exit the pits. It's hilarious :v:

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

EvilJoven posted:

What does dropping Fy to 0 do aside from completely remove any centering forces from the wheel? It feels weird and not like a car at all.

Also ya they're def gonna have to hotfix the AI, you can hardly pull in to/out of any pit lane without hitting a wall when in autodrive. I wish they'd get rid of that all together

It gets rid of the centering force for the direction the car is pointed so that way the only sensation of lateral forces is coming from the direction car is going (velocity vector) and the way the tires are oriented (coming from the steering wheel moment, "M").

Where the car is pointed and where its going are two completely different things for the way I drive.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I can't see that as being good for driving at all. It's like taking all the caster out of your wheels.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005
Setting Fy to 0 makes the game feel more like assetto corsa, live for speed, and driving my mustang in the snow to me. It gives a lot more sensation to understeer and makes catching oversteer feel a lot more natural. The caster effect is still there, it just follows the velocity vector of the car rather than which way its pointed.

Cars like the McLaren F1, Caterham Classic, and Gr.A E30 feel fantastic when I set Fy to 0 but the 125 karts and the 1M road car feel worse.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ian Bell :allears:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33642-Ian-Bell-you-can-t-be-this-immature

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Perfect. What post got that guy banned?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Goddamn he really gives no shits, does he?

That's loving incredible in this day and age.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
He has no reason to. SMS is abundantly clear with how they operate and what they can talk about. It's the idiots on the forum who twist their words around.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I completely approve, I'm just amazed there's a company out there in 2015 that is willing to backtalk at customers.

Usually they want a super cushy community manager that whitewashes everything and tries to be cute about it.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, that's successful companies that do that, this is SMS.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
He's like a perfect nerdrage generator and I kind of like that.
It's an unexpected twist on the game, and one I am enjoying greatly.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Dude is owning himself on internet forums, that's pretty cool. Ian Bell would make a great SA mod though, any chance he is also a paedophile?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I just bought this for the PS4 and after messing around with it, I just cannot control any RWD cars in this. I'm no stranger to racing games but it just doesn't click with me, which is upsetting as I just want to fang that RS1600 around everywhere.

Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread yet but is there any tweaks to dead zones that make it a little more controllable? All I get is massive snap oversteer. I just feel that this seems a bit too much sim like for a control pad.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Puddin posted:

I just bought this for the PS4 and after messing around with it, I just cannot control any RWD cars in this. I'm no stranger to racing games but it just doesn't click with me, which is upsetting as I just want to fang that RS1600 around everywhere.

Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread yet but is there any tweaks to dead zones that make it a little more controllable? All I get is massive snap oversteer. I just feel that this seems a bit too much sim like for a control pad.

On its bias-ply tyres that take forever to warm up, you've chosen a car that's probably one of the most difficult to want to drive fast out of the box. Drop the pressures and dial out some of the rear toe out.

Two of the good 'slower' cars to help you learn the sim model, on a control pad, are the 1M Coupé and the Focus RS. I've not spent a lot of time playing with a controller to recommend any of the more serious cars. But yes, I also feel that it's too much sim for an analogue stick and triggers. Others have had more luck but there's no absolute as far as controller settings are concerned; it's all subjective.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Norns posted:

I'll smash my XboxOne with a sledge hammer if the Forza games come to PC.

:toxx:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Is there racing tonight? I think I remember racing going on tonight.

Also still looking for decent headset with mic because mine sucks. Suggestions?

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
Buy good headphones and a $10 clip on zalman mic

bUm
Jan 11, 2011
Good news: issues with overheating thanks to rear-ending lapped traffic that's slow as gently caress and cutting you off in multi-class races is fixed. Ram away! It was even fine after a particularly brutal and confusing ram: I was trying to put second place a lap down near the end of my faux-Suzuka endurance after I was on his tail following a third pit for tire changes (dry, wet, dry, severe loving thunderstorm at night that was glorious including spotting a few lightning bolts that go all the way to the ground in the distance) and was following him past the last of a pack of lapped markers down the back straightaway and he suddenly slammed on the brakes mid-straight for some inexplicable reason and I rammed him hard. That was with ~10 minutes left and temperatures held steady to the end (think it screwed up my front downforce, but maybe that was just the pouring rain) as they should given the front end doesn't play much, if any, part in cooling an LMP1.

Bad news: car setups resetting is still not. :argh:

:unsmith: news: Windows 10 grows closer and AMD drivers are supposed to suck less on it for PCars; maybe (*gasp*) they even actually fix them to have nVidia-competitive FPS per hardware like every other game except PCars and (I believe) Witcher 3.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Basticle posted:

:siren: Next Goon Event :siren:

As always the info is here on the same google doc, new tab

BMW M1 Procar
Thursday July 2nd, 9PM Eastern (GMT-5)

Silverstone International Circuit

10 Laps
Mid Morning (10:00)
Medium Clouds

Race 2 Brno Circuit

6 Laps
Early Afternoon (13:00)
Hazy

Race 3 Imola

7 Laps
Evening (17:00)
Light Clouds

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'll probably miss the first one but will try to catch one of the later races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
Wish I could race with you guys, but I'm working till midnight :saddowns:

Kaddion, make sure to lap the field for me.

• Locked thread