Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Trinity Soul was interesting for a couple episodes and then I dropped it. Didn't know what Persona was at the time, which probably helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

While you're at it, have you considered Persona: Trinity Soul?

I've heard it's terrible so no.

Endorph posted:

do you want the protag and the white haired guy to kiss

because if so the anime delivers

I want the protagonist to kiss Daichi, Io, or Jungo. But this is acceptable too I guess.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I watched 7 episodes of Trinity Soul back when it aired and literally the only thing I can remember is that one scene had a song from Persona 3 as background music.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Phobophilia posted:

Moribito is not an action show.

I guess that's true looking back but it sure looked like one for the first few episodes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Raserys posted:

I started watching moribito guardian of the spirit and goddamn the action crashed to a halt after the misty blue mountains. that's all.

Moribito is a fantastic show that sucks you in with some really well-choreographed fight sequences, but keeps you hooked by the endearing character progression. So proud of you, Chagum.:unsmith:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

I've heard it's terrible so no.

:crossarms:

Though if you're going to watch terrible SMT adaptations, you might as well go all out.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm really bummed that only the first two books of the Moribito series ever got translated.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm really bummed that only the first two books of the Moribito series ever got translated.

:agreed:

Both were really fun reads, too. Balsa is a really kickass character.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
So far I'm at the episode where he's supposed to lucha with the arrogant white guy, which in and of itself is pretty rad.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

The LoGH sentai dub is going to be horrendous.
Will you stream it in Beefovision?

All of it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the trinity soul op is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F7fIjE7F8A

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Normie Slayer posted:

Will you stream it in Beefovision?

All of it?

no

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

speaking of persona 3 anime. are the movies any good

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Dated 4Kids dub joke.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

speaking of persona 3 anime. are the movies any good
the mc is pretty funny in them but they're otherwise pretty paint by numbers adaptations

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I thought it (only saw the first one) was super boring and awful. I don't think P3 lends its story that well to an anime, or something else went wrong. I have beaten the game and enjoyed it so it's not like I didn't like the story.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Watched the first episode of Ranpo Kitan - Game of Laplace

Fuckin' weirdoes bein' weird about weird murders

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Watched the first episode of Ranpo Kitan - Game of Laplace

Fuckin' weirdoes bein' weird about weird murders

it's all over the place and i have no idea what to expect. that weird gray cutout stuff, moe as hell protagonist, and hosed up murders. but the atmosphere of the show really isn't that dark. so the big reveal of the titular object looks cartoony as hell, rather than something out of Hannibal.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Holy poo poo the second to last Shirobako episode is so loving good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I liked Terminator 2 more than the first

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

terminator 2 is the only good terminator movie

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
now i'm going to watch the bad ones

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Nate RFB posted:

I don't remember what happened in that one but the entire show is so good that I'll believe it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Someone I knew got really upset at the new Terminator movie and bitched about how it totally ruins the timeline of the series.

I completely flipped my poo poo at them and told them to take it back. No matter how retarded Genisys is (and it is QUITE retarded, mind you), there's no excusing Terminator 3. "HUR DURR JUDGMENT DAY IS DESTINY SORRY T2" is probably the dumbest loving thing you could do to the franchise. Fucks up the first two movies retroactively, and guarantees any movie that revisits things later in the franchise can't accomplish anything. It's why Salvation said gently caress it and just moved on to the future. The future is all the franchise has left because of Terminator 3. Genisys is just the natural progression of time travel hijinks after 2 and 3. If this event is going to happen at this time no matter what we do, then blow the whole goddamn thing wide open and just send 50000 Kyle Reeses to the past and have them form Voltron or something in the streets.

Not really making excuses for Genisys being bad, mind you. Just saying Terminator 3 made one of the dumbest loving writing decisions I've seen in movies since....I dunno, Hop.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Srice posted:

I watched 7 episodes of Trinity Soul back when it aired and literally the only thing I can remember is that one scene had a song from Persona 3 as background music.

Trinity Soul is bad because it makes poo poo up that fucks up the canon, like saying that adults can't use personas even though almost everyone is an adult in P2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

Trinity Soul is bad because it makes poo poo up that fucks up the canon, like saying that adults can't use personas even though almost everyone is an adult in P2
also adachi

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

:rip:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Nate RFB posted:

I'm on like episode 6...does it stay good the whole way through.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

That's a dumb thing for sure, but I could forgive it if it wasn't dull as all heck.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

have something alcoholic ready, they're real bad

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I've been contemplating anime, its constituent elements, basic purpose, philosophical implications etc. a lot lately.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Terminator 3 is right and you can't change the future because there's no free will.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'm on like episode 6...does it stay good the whole way through.

It gets better.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Now that I've finished up at the gym it is time for me to watch all of the Anims based on the SMT franchise. Or sound euphonium.

littleorv fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 3, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

It gets better.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Where is the SMT IV anime Atlus? Or Strange Journey

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I've been contemplating anime, its constituent elements, basic purpose, philosophical implications etc. a lot lately.
Same, friend.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bad Seafood posted:

Same, friend.

http://smile.amazon.com/Soul-Anime-...&keywords=anime

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im going to buy the moe manifesto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Twiddy posted:

I don't remember what happened in that one but the entire show is so good that I'll believe it.

• Locked thread