Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
It'll be interesting to see how those features will be implemented. Wii U is probably a-ok, but the 3DS would probably be a bit trickier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I really like those changes. I've felt odd posting my "play journals" to Miiverse, as it feels a bit spammy in a place where people might be talking or sharing cool pics. It's nice as I'll want to browse drawing sections, look at my friends play journals, and probably ignore discussions.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOA has 3D Streets of Rage 2 listed for July 16.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, you're getting Oracina of Time on Wii U this week, too.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wish that were like some cheap Chinese knock off called Oracina of Time

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of July 2):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO Jurassic World - €49.99 / £34.99 (June 30)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Roving Rogue - €7.99 / £7.19
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64,) - €9.99 / £8.99
    Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS) - €9.99 / £8.99
    Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Buy Yoshi's Wooly World from the eShop, get a free code for Yoshi Touch & Go! - ends July 23
    SDK Paint (Wii U eShop) - €3.39 / £2.99 until July 9
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Fit Music for Wii U (Wii U) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Another World: Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop) - €3.19 / £2.87 until July 16
    Gravity Badgers (Wii U eShop) - €2.50 / £2.50 until July 16
    Ittle Dew (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until July 30

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    The Smurfs - €19.99 / £17.99
    Paddington: Adventures in London - €29.99 / £24.99
    Yakari: The Mystery of 4 Seasons - €29.99 / £24.99
    Mahjong 3D: Warriors of the Emperor - €19.99 / £17.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Shingeki no Kyojin: Humanity in Chains - €29.99 / £34.99 (includes free menu theme)
    Mighty Gunvolt - €3.49 / £3.19
    Karous - The Beast of RE:Eden - €5.99 / £4.79
    Fantasy Pirates - €1.99 / £1.99
3DS HOME MENU THEMES
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter’s Weapon Gallery - (free until July 4)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - ends July 3
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.19 until July 9
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (3DS) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Another World: Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop) - €3.19 / £2.87 until July 16
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.80 until July 16
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until July 16
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - €22.49 / £18.74 until July 16
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €13.99 / £11.19 until July 16
    The Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.39 until July 23
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

NA update (week of July 2):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Roving Rogue - $7.99
    Quadcopter Pilot Challenge - $8.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) - $9.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Bombing Bastards (Wii U eShop)- "on sale" until July 9
    Zacisa's Last Stand (Wii U eShop)- $1.19 until July 9
    Baila Latino (Wii U eShop)- $19.90 until July 14
    Puzzle Monkeys (Wii U eShop)- $1.49 until July 23
    Ittle Dew (Wii U eShop)- $4.99 until July 30
    Plenty of Fishies (Wii U eShop)- $2.99 until July 31
    Stone Shire (Wii U eShop)- $3.49 until August 1

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 - $39.99
    Mercenaries Saga 2 - $4.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    Ace Attorney Dual Destinies: Mood Matrix - $?
    Ace Attorney Dual Destinies: Court Record - $?
    Ace Attorney Trilogy: Pixel Art - $?
    Ace Attorney Trilogy: Main Characters - $?
    Pokemon: Mega Charizard y & Rayquaza - $?
    Pokemon: Eevee Collection - Espeon & Umbreon - $?
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains (3DS eShop) - $29.99 until July 14
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - $16.79 until July 16
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - $22.49 until July 16
    The Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until July 23
    Tappingo (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until July 23

Here here preview clips of the Ace Attorney themes:
Mood Matrix
Court Records
Main Characters
Pixel Art

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
What a weak update for NOA.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Ocarina of Time, confirmed trash.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Fremry posted:

What a weak update for NOA.

Those themes are pretty good and I hope they come to Europe

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Ocarina of Time, confirmed trash.

Nah, Ocarina is great, but if you are a Nintendo person, you probably already have it on N64, Gamecube, Wii VC, and 3DS. It's a fine game, but I don't need it in another form.

Edit: And that's the only game worth getting in this week's update, including the sales.

Edit2: I take that back, Ace Attorney sales are good.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ruddha posted:

if you dont like super mario rpg you're retarded

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Welp I guess if I'm gonna play Dual Destinies, this month's the time to buy it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So, the promo for Azure Striker Gunvolt with free Mighty Gunvolt ends tomorrow morning, which begs the question: are those two games worth the current price?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I don't suppose any of those themes are free if you have the games digitally? I'm finally playing dual destinies after picking it up in the last sale.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ocarina of time should be a $1.50 upgrade right? I'm going to add it to my wiiu for that price.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

deadly_pudding posted:

I wish the DLC would ever go on sale (because I'm cheap)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

deadly_pudding posted:

Yes, it's good. Get it!

Fritzler posted:

I don't suppose any of those themes are free if you have the games digitally? I'm finally playing dual destinies after picking it up in the last sale.

I picked it up at the last sale too! Haven't actually finished it, but I'm close! Don't have the DLC either.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Someone asked about Virtual Console at Nintendo's last investors' meeting; here's the translated Q&A:

quote:

I am happy to hear that “Splatoon” for Wii U, a new software title that is not part of a series, was so well-received that it reached 1 million units in sales. I would like to ask how big the Virtual Console business sales are. Also, I would like to request that you make all titles available for purchase at any time. Sometimes there are titles which go out of service, and I would like to know if a system in which all titles are available for purchase at any time can continue or not.

Iwata:

As some of you may have seen the TV commercials we have been airing recently, “Splatoon” is a brand-new title and not a title from an established series. It has a very unique and fantasy-like setting. This game, inspired by squid squirting out ink, is played by human-shaped characters with squid-like features shooting, instead of squirting, ink at each other, and the team that paints the widest area in its team color wins. Having received high recognition from our consumers for its novelty, this title’s sell-through sales reached 1 million units in less than a month from its release. We feel very grateful for this, since our view was not so optimistic prior to release, for it being a non-series title.

Regarding your question on the scale of Virtual Console title sales, the download sales as a whole for this (75th) fiscal year are 31.3 billion yen, and I have shared publicly that this is a 30 percent increase from the last fiscal year, but we have not disclosed the individual sales of Virtual Console titles only.

Virtual Console itself is a service that began when we developed Wii so that consumers can play past titles on new platforms, and we continue to distribute various titles now. However, back when we started this service, there were some points that we could not sufficiently foresee about how big this business would grow to be and how the business would expand. For example, Virtual Console titles are generally developed based on the original game software, but this does not mean that we can develop numerous Virtual Console titles simply if we have the original game software. Development of Virtual Console titles require detailed manual work, such as testing if the software runs smoothly on each platform, or making sure the content is appropriate under the various standards currently in place. Thus, we occasionally receive opinions that our pace of releasing new Virtual Console titles is slow, but if we use much of our human resources on such detailed manual work, we would not be able to develop new titles, so we are currently researching how we can efficiently develop Virtual Console titles with limited human resources. One of the big issues for our system development is how to resolve the situation in which we can only release a few Virtual Console titles at a time when we release new platforms.

In addition, regarding the possibility of making all titles available on Virtual Console, I can say that it is possible for Nintendo titles with a few exceptions, since we generally have the intellectual property rights for such titles. However, as to third-party software publishers’ titles, if they are producing the software based on a license from another copyright holder, for example, we may not be able to easily use the same title for the system that exists now because we do not have a license from the copyright holder at the time. This often becomes a problem with reruns of TV shows or Internet broadcasting. Therefore, since we can only release Virtual Console titles of third-party software publishers if they come to an agreement with the copyrights holders upon negotiating terms and conditions that were not included in their original contract, please understand that there are some titles that we cannot easily release despite many requests. We will make our best efforts to satisfy our consumers with our Virtual Console title lineup.

No real revelations there, but at least someone asked.

Some other dude asked why they weren't releasing more figures of the girls from the Pokemon anime.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Some other dude asked why they weren't releasing more figures of the girls from the Pokemon anime.

Nintendo investors, asking the hard hitting questions

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

need that erika amiibo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Well?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

He said they didn't want to find themselves in a situation where retailers were overstocked with fad items they couldn't sell.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Just make them amiibo, then they'll always be a blank space on the shelf with the sign SOLD OUT FOREVER

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

He said they didn't want to find themselves in a situation where retailers were overstocked with fap items they couldn't sell.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Zeeman posted:

I wish the DLC would ever go on sale (because I'm cheap)

Please buy the DLC. It's the best case in Dual Destinies.

I'm so glad those themes are finally making it to America. I want that pixel character theme so bad. :3:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Don't act like you wouldn't be hyped about Gym leader Amiibo for a hypothetical PKMN Red/Blue remake.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Chill Penguin posted:

Don't act like you wouldn't be hyped about Gym leader Amiibo for a hypothetical PKMN Red/Blue remake.
Looks like you can already get gym leader figures if that's what you want. I don't know how they'd be implemented as amiibo, though... enable catching of certain Pokιmon when scanned, maybe? :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

No, don't show that one when this one is infinitely better.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

ChaosArgate posted:

No, don't show that one when this one is infinitely better.

Holy crap, that's intense. Almost makes me want to start collecting anime figures. So if they did him first, will the Cerulean gym leader get the same treatment next?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Has anybody here played Bombing Bastards? I could go for a Bomberman knock-off if it's decent enough, since apparently the real IP is tied up in some type of licensing limbo now.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Is anyone having trouble with the WiiU eShop? Both last night and tonight I either haven't been able to access it at all, or it has been really slow. Everything else seems fine, I haven't tried any games online but I was just watching something on Netflix, and last night I was on Miiverse and it was speedy.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Help Im Alive posted:

Those themes are pretty good and I hope they come to Europe
Capcom's website says Europe gets them tomorrow.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo Aussies, Sega finally got around to releasing the other second-wave 3D Classics in AU/NZ: Outrun, Fantasy Zone, Fantasy Zone 2 DX, Thunder Blade.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 3, 2015

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Yay Outrun! I've always wanted a portable version of this game and M2 went and made it also the best version of this game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I bought that Mercenaries Saga 2 game that came out on the 3ds eshop today, it might secretly be a really good game. Its a really shameless ripoff/loving homage to Final Fantasy Tactics for $5, character advancement might not be as deep but everything about the battle mechanics and presentation are lifted straight outta FFT. From the same developer that made Adventure Bar Story which is similarly good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail posted:

I bought that Mercenaries Saga 2 game that came out on the 3ds eshop today, it might secretly be a really good game. Its a really shameless ripoff/loving homage to Final Fantasy Tactics for $5, character advancement might not be as deep but everything about the battle mechanics and presentation are lifted straight outta FFT. From the same developer that made Adventure Bar Story which is similarly good.
I'll give it a look then, since I just wrapped up FE:A

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That publisher puts out lots of strategy/tactics games on 3DS but I don't know a goddamn thing about any of them.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, Circle is one of those weirdly prolific eshop shovelware publishers, I only took an interest cause I recognized Rideon and the screenshots looked like they straight up ripped assets from FFT. The main character sprite is litigiously Ramzaesque.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

homeless snail posted:

Have you made it past chapter 4? I'm not usually terrible at these sorts of games and it's kicking my rear end already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
EU dudes, this German site is doing 15% off digital eShop games if you pay with Amazon:
http://www.gamesrocket.de/Promo/nintendo-amazon-sommer
http://www.gamesrocket.de/Konsole/Nintendo-eShop/?ipp=100

I guess it also extends to preorders for games that aren't out yet? (Starfox Zero, Mario Maker, Zelda U, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, Xenoblade X, Devil's Third, Brain Training 3DS)

They also have Mario Kart 7 for 25EUR: http://www.gamesrocket.de/kaufen/Mario-Kart-7-Nintendo-3DS.html