Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are temple leves worth doing at 50-53? I don't know if I can handle n. than anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Are temple leves worth doing at 50-53? I don't know if I can handle n. than anymore

I used large scale temple leves to get my monk from level 50 to 51 in 30 minutes.

I used 90 leve allowances.

Soooo... maybe?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

i tried a couple at 50 and they're just basically way more tedious versions of the old leves

once i realized i ended up in a /beckon one and saw how many enemies were going to be in the way i bailed and washed my hands of the whole concept

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I'm gonna help save your job, do not google the chick in the blue negligee, or the name "Kaine" while you're at work.
Appreciated. This means I'm gonna google it when I get home though, because I hate myself.

(edit)

KoB posted:

Nah, nobody really played it but it gathered a small cult following for doing some weird/interesting stuff.

I had a flash of memory, isn't that the one that utterly wiped out your save file as a reward for one of the endings? Man even FFXI wasn't that hardcore :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 3, 2015

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Holy crap queues are still a thing!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ciaphas posted:

Appreciated. This means I'm gonna google it when I get home though, because I hate myself.

(edit)

I had a flash of memory, isn't that the one that utterly wiped out your save file as a reward for one of the endings? Man even FFXI wasn't that hardcore :v:

Yes. If you get the last ending to Nier it erases your save data and makes a note in the game's config save preventing you from ever making a dude with the same name.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Doublestep posted:

yes wow is the bastion of new content

they recycled 17 existing dungeons in the latest patch, this is good wholesome content :yum:
You can't really blame them when a large chunk of their player base sits in a constant haze of nostalgia.

No WoW player can shut up about TBC or WotLK so why not just force that content back down their throats and call it a day?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Still so awesome that parties aren't placed in the same zone instance when teleporting. SURE MAKES THE GAME MORE FUN.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Mordiceius posted:

Still so awesome that parties aren't placed in the same zone instance when teleporting. SURE MAKES THE GAME MORE FUN.

They should just turn the instancing off now tbh

and then put n than into like 20 instances

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mordiceius posted:

Want to know something amusing? The recent WoW content patch is their last content patch until the next expansion. The next expansion has not even been announced.

It's ok I'm sure Blizzard is ready to fire as many people as they need to when millions quit before the next expansion in late 2016.

KoB posted:

More importantly, Deus Ex crossover please.

Like shades that retract with /visor
Robot arm gloves

Apparently the FFRK mobile game is going to get a FF14 event so maybe we'll end up with a Prof. Mog and Tyro minion+outfit here. We've had Dragon Quest events but they need to give us some hero outfits. As great as the Thug Mug and Slime King Crown are I'd love to get the DQ3 fighter's outfit for my monk or the Erdrick/Zenithia stuff as cosmetics.

Kwyndig posted:

Yes. If you get the last ending to Nier it erases your save data and makes a note in the game's config save preventing you from ever making a dude with the same name.

This is awesome for the wrong (yet hilarious) reasons.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

vanbags posted:

You can't really blame them when a large chunk of their player base sits in a constant haze of nostalgia.

No WoW player can shut up about TBC or WotLK so why not just force that content back down their throats and call it a day?

Blizzard is a victim

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Obligatum VII posted:

You know, doesn't Square-Enix own the rights to Drakengard? They could totally have some Drakengard themed vanity items in FF14 if they felt like it.

Platinum's involvement with Nier 2 is very likely to boost the signal for it to a much greater extent than Drakengard 3 got, and one would expect S-E to give it some sort of distinctive marketing. So I think, if there's any significant showing of interest, this could actually happen.

At the very least: Emil's bouncing rolling head as a minion. :3:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Estinien for prez

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: No One Likes Moving in Real Life Why Would You Make Me Do It In a Game

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

FrancoFish posted:

Estinien for prez

Please say that MGR buttrock is playing for whatever the hell is going on here.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mazed posted:

Please say that MGR buttrock is playing for whatever the hell is going on here.

Sadly no. This game needs more MGR Buttrock.

Platinum crossover please yoship

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Anyone know what time signature the Library theme is? It's awesome but I was in high school band and the pacing is weird as gently caress.

POLICE CAR AUCTION fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 3, 2015

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

KoB posted:

More importantly, Deus Ex crossover please.

Like shades that retract with /visor
Robot arm gloves

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So I just killed Bismarck, and uh.

:wtc:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Anyone know what time signature the Library theme is? It's awesome but I was in high school band and the pacing is weird as gently caress.
AT LONG LAST, MY MUSIC DEGREE IS WORTH SOMETHING

Jazz can play fast and loose with meter, so there's a lot of improv-y/cadenza stuff that's off the beat. The intro sounds like a really slow 6/8 to me (listen to the percussion, it's two groups of three beats), and then for the main section it switches to...I wanna say 2/4. It's not easy to tell, but when it switches to the lounge-esque section it's easier to hear the groups of 4 sixteenths.

If you wanna know the time signature for the crazy bebop piano solo like 2 minutes in, I can't help you. Only the performer can. :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Thumbtacks posted:

So I just killed Bismarck, and uh.

:wtc:

yeah things escalate kind of quickly

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

...it would seem so.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Blockhouse posted:

It really got out of hand fast! There were horses, and a man on fire, and I stabbed a guy in the heart with a trident.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

....that is amazing. I have those sunglasses, but still, amazing.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Jaiseillex Dentonnier

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Ciaphas posted:

As awesome as the Ravana theme is, i can't help but think of how more awesome it'd be if it was a MGR buttrock song going during the transition.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

Fractal is pretty butt-rocky?

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Axle_Stukov posted:

As awesome as the Ravana theme is, i can't help but think of how more awesome it'd be if it was a MGR buttrock song going during the transition.

Ravana screaming along in his ridiculously-modulated voice.

FURIOUS AS A BLAZE! UNYIELDING AS THE EARTH! RULES OF NATURE!!

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ravana is one of the few instances where I'll turn on English VA. I think it's because the quality doesn't matter so much if you're going to post-process the poo poo out of it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Getting Ravana for the trial roulette is going to age like fine wine, isn't it?

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy

Tenzarin posted:

Getting Ravana for the trial roulette is going to age like fine wine, isn't it?

Four days in a row! I want to murder myself

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Axle_Stukov posted:

This game already has a fantastic soundtrack.

I my described how he could tell when the Primal fights were about to get hard because "the music would become awesome"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

quote:

You earn the achievement “Looking Up”!

:thurman:

Holy gently caress that last trial, holy god.

I realized about halfway through exactly what was happening, I assumed they wouldn't go that far with the reference. Literally on skype with my friends basically screaming HOLY poo poo THIS IS SO loving AMAZING

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Whizbang posted:

It really got out of hand fast! There were horses, and a man on fire, and I stabbed a guy in the heart with a trident.

Woah! Spoilers please! I still haven't seen anchorman 2

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Hey, so, is no one playing PvP or is it a Duty Finder thing where there's room for 10 healers, 38 DPS and 2 tanks (I'm a tank)?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I just hit 50 on my first job, should I get HW right away or wait until I finish the 2.0 MSQ?

Also Northern Thanalan FATE grinding is hilarious. I'm surprised my PS4 didn't loving explode trying to get that last sliver of exp when I ran out of quests.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jul 3, 2015

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Zaggitz posted:

I just hit 50 on my first job, should I get HW right away or wait until I finish the 2.0 MSQ?

Also Northern Thanalan FATE grinding is hilarious. I'm surprised my PS4 didn't loving explode trying to get that last sliver of exp when I ran out of quests.

Common answer is wait until you finish the base game's MSQs.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

vanbags posted:

As awesome as tbc and wotlk was I wouldnt do it again or play on a server with it. And I did it all, cleared everything before it was nerfed. I really feel like people who want to go back and play old poo poo never really experienced all of that old poo poo to the fullest.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Wooze posted:

Hey, so, is no one playing PvP or is it a Duty Finder thing where there's room for 10 healers, 38 DPS and 2 tanks (I'm a tank)?

I haven't played any PvP since the expansion dropped, and I was playing at least once daily before then. Now that I'm 60, I'd be playing again if it dropped fkn law instead of poetics, but it doesn't, so I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Finally hit 59 shortly after getting to Idyllshire. It's going to be tough holding off on glamouring until I hit 60 and can grab some real gear.

Also, I'm glad they put Matoya in Hinterlands, that was a great callback.

• Locked thread