Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I hope Deckard and Roy are some of the names Bethesda recorded for your robo-butler. Just for maximum originality.

I'm sure "That Gun" will also make a return in one way or another.

If they bring that gun back, I hope they give it the original firing sound back. In the first game it sounded exactly like it did in the film. Since the second it sounded like a pop gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

cams posted:

all i need from fallout for is that it reveal which ending is canon in new vegas

It better not be yes-man, aka the ending for whiny babies who can't make hard choices!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hopefully it's Legion, just to gently caress with most players really

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

:agreed:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

It takes place four years before New Vegas, you doofuses. Probably so they can pointedly ignore how much better it was

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Man Whore posted:

It better not be yes-man, aka the ending for whiny babies who can't make hard choices!

The Yes Man ending is awesome.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

It takes place four years before New Vegas, you doofuses.

:saddowns: gently caress

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Plenty of time to build up the infrastructure to make the blimps or aircraft necessary to visit the Reno/New Vegas Wasteland briefly in a future DLC expansion!

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

It takes place four years before New Vegas, you doofuses.
Laaaaame.

quote:

Probably so they can pointedly ignore how much better it was
Hah. Wouldn't surprise me.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Walrus Pete posted:

Hah. Wouldn't surprise me.

Skyrim made a billion and a half dollars, and is like the 28th best selling game of all time. Why would people imagine Bethesda gives the slightest gently caress about people who like other games better? Christ even the app they randomly made is one of the best selling apps of all time. Every single thing they do wildly ejaculates money in their faces. Hell they published New Vegas, *that* made them money. They are not sitting in a dark room quietly weeping over the critical praise New Vegas got and shaking their fists.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

But it would be better if they were... Let me have this

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

It takes place four years before New Vegas, you doofuses. Probably so they can pointedly ignore how much better it was
It also hamstrings potential hooks from Fallout 3. The Brotherhood's presence would be a major clusterfuck if it really does take place in 2277. Making a new chapter would be hilariously dumb. It would be a nice nod if it was the Midwestern Brotherhood, but it wouldn't be quite as neat as the DC Brotherhood becoming more gray as time goes on.

Plus, we won't have any chance of Butch Deloria reappearing and that's a tragedy beyond imagination.

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 3, 2015

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Boogaleeboo posted:

Skyrim made a billion and a half dollars, and is like the 28th best selling game of all time. Why would people imagine Bethesda gives the slightest gently caress about people who like other games better? Christ even the app they randomly made is one of the best selling apps of all time. Every single thing they do wildly ejaculates money in their faces. Hell they published New Vegas, *that* made them money. They are not sitting in a dark room quietly weeping over the critical praise New Vegas got and shaking their fists.

Yeah, money is the only thing that brings fulfillment or happiness. Didn't you pay attention in vault school?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Then why don't they also announce Fallout 3 if that's basically letting Obsidian make their not canon Van Buren? Fallout makes money no matter what so another New Vegas deal can only be profit to Beth.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Halman posted:

Yeah, money is the only thing that brings fulfillment or happiness. Didn't you pay attention in vault school?

Yep.

Sitting there balling their eyes out.

They've also only said that the game takes place about 200 years later, they didn't give an exact date. This could also take place right before 2277, and instead maybe you help the android that ran away or something. Unlikely, but you never know.

The Brotherhood here also have access to airships and could just be related to the BoS chapter that crashed near Chicago since no one in the Capital Wasteland ever makes mention of them. You'd think something like that would stand out.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

But it would be better if they were... Let me have this

Well they keep trying to master dynamic NPC on NPC interactions, where they just have a set of needs and wants and go about their day doing poo poo to fulfill them. And they keep not being able to stick the landing on that one. So they probably feel a little bad about that!

e: I mean it's not like anyone else has managed it, but still. Continuous failure is never fun.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 3, 2015

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
People have also accused Todd Howard of hating everyone who liked Morrowind, and that's why terrible poo poo happened to the province later in the lore. This is despite the fact that Todd Howard was Project Lead on Morrowind and all the poo poo that happened was heavily foreshadowed in the game itself. People like to make up dumb narratives that make them feel better.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

7c Nickel posted:

People like to make up dumb narrative

Bethesda certainly do!!!!!!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

2house2fly posted:

Bethesda certainly do!!!!!!

lmfao if you credit them with "making" those narratives

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Jimbot posted:

If they bring that gun back, I hope they give it the original firing sound back. In the first game it sounded exactly like it did in the film. Since the second it sounded like a pop gun.

In the first game that gun would wake up anyone sleeping in a one mile radius when you fired it.

homeless poster posted:

i still don't understand why a robotdad would need powered armor. the main idea is that human flesh is puny and a suit of steel is better protection, but wouldn't robotdad already be made out of sturdier stuff than human flesh? it's like building a bigger tank that is big enough to contain an m1 abrams or something. why not embrace the robotdad motif and have you be able to directly integrate different weapon / armor systems directly into your robotdad body? that'd be way cooler imo

Dad is the power armor, your baby is actually wearing DadArmor.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Crabtree posted:

Then why don't they also announce Fallout 3 if that's basically letting Obsidian make their not canon Van Buren? Fallout makes money no matter what so another New Vegas deal can only be profit to Beth.

Basically? T. Howard.

The "core" Bethesda writing group is one of the most morose concentrations of false talent you'll ever encounter. It's the living embodiment of overwrought insecurities and "gold star"-culture, predominately due to the fact that it's staffed almost exclusively by people who will use DeviantArt accounts and slash-fic samples in lieu of resumes, and is steered by Emil Pagliarulo's incoherent pidgin.

"RPGs like Fallout are a distinctly American thing," T. Howard once explained. "And to break that mold, we felt we needed somebody with a distinctly different worldview."

Hence they found Emil Pagliarulo under some storm-battered rock in the Hebrides and shipped him back to the states like King loving Kong. This is the same Emil Pagliarulo who couldn't speak English, who had had only limited interactions with other human beings, and who'd never even seen a computer up to that point.

Like Pete Hines, Pagliarulo couldn't tolerate Michael Kirkbride's eccentrics, including the way Kirkbride frequently threatened to "write [Pagliarulo] into another dimension". The thing was, Pagliarulo was incredibly superstitious and had recently been exposed to the game Myst; he demanded that T. Howard fired (or "transitioned into a consultant") Bethesda's lone talented writer. The abyss was formed.

Under Pagliarulo's bizarre "leadership", Bethesda's writing clan developed a legendary incompetence that could weather no criticism and bristled with insecurities when Fallout 3's writing was compared (unfavorably) to Fallout 1/2 and, later, New Vegas. In an effort to appease his Gingerkin, T. Howard's been trying to bury Obsidian in the basement ever since. It's very much a Cinderella story: The beautiful Cinderella (Obsidian) trapped in legal limbo while her high-functioning-retard poo poo-sniffing stepsisters go to the Ball and write extensions to The Lusty Argonian Maid.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 3, 2015

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Syrant posted:

In the first game that gun would wake up anyone sleeping in a one mile radius when you fired it.

Well, it is a gun meant to murderretire replicants.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Did that dude rape your mom or something? That sounds like some ridiculous hate-fiction you've crafted there.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol narrative

Can't wait to ignore the main plot while building an impenetrable fortress of doom

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

big mean giraffe posted:

Did that dude rape your mom or something? That sounds like some ridiculous hate-fiction you've crafted there.

Worse. He murdered my childhood.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Basically? T. Howard.

The "core" Bethesda writing group is one of the most morose concentrations of false talent you'll ever encounter. It's the living embodiment of overwrought insecurities and "gold star"-culture, predominately due to the fact that it's staffed almost exclusively by people who will use DeviantArt accounts and slash-fic samples in lieu of resumes, and is steered by Emil Pagliarulo's incoherent pidgin.

"RPGs like Fallout are a distinctly American thing," T. Howard once explained. "And to break that mold, we felt we needed somebody with a distinctly different worldview."

Hence they found Emil Pagliarulo under some storm-battered rock in the Hebrides and shipped him back to the states like King loving Kong. This is the same Emil Pagliarulo who couldn't speak English, who had had only limited interactions with other human beings, and who'd never even seen a computer up to that point.

Like Pete Hines, Pagliarulo couldn't tolerate Michael Kirkbride's eccentrics, including the way Kirkbride frequently threatened to "write [Pagliarulo] into another dimension". The thing was, Pagliarulo was incredibly superstitious and had recently been exposed to the game Myst; he demanded that T. Howard fired (or "transitioned into a consultant") Bethesda's lone talented writer. The abyss was formed.

Under Pagliarulo's bizarre "leadership", Bethesda's writing clan developed a legendary incompetence that could weather no criticism and bristled with insecurities when Fallout 3's writing was compared (unfavorably) to Fallout 1/2 and, later, New Vegas. In an effort to appease his Gingerkin, T. Howard's been trying to bury Obsidian in the basement ever since. It's very much a Cinderella story: The beautiful Cinderella (Obsidian) trapped in legal limbo while her high-functioning-retard poo poo-sniffing stepsisters go to the Ball and write extensions to The Lusty Argonian Maid.

:eyepop:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

:golfclap:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Basically? T. Howard.

You should write for... I dunno. Someone better than Bethesda, surely.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Is Todd Howard the monster brew? :ghost:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Daily reminder the ayyy lmaos are coming back, this time with vengeance

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Is Todd Howard the monster brew? :ghost:

If you're asking me if Todd Howard was that hole in the ground, that murky brown water, that powdery flotsam of paprika, that vomit green swirl of food coloring, that canned dog food that clumped together, heavy and turd-like...then yes...yes, I believe that was Todd Howard, if not in body then in spirit.

frajaq posted:

Fingers crossed for another random encounter that scatters alien cells across a square kilometer of worldspace and compels me to find every single one.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

frajaq posted:

Oh poo poo! The helmet is broken! This dude must really mean business.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

big mean giraffe posted:

To Monster Brew Crew is to both hate and love all things fallout at the same time.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Basically? T. Howard.

This is the funniest thing I will likely read about this game.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I'm playing Tale of Two Wastelands for the first time and this Supermutant rebalance mod is heaven. The Brutes are still annoying tough assholes though.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

New Vegas sucks

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

disagreed but I hate the quest with the ghouls that everyone seems to love. it was fun the first time but on repeats its a loving slog.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Walking around Boston with a pressure cooker in game

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Bholder posted:

New Vegas sucks

counterpoint: New Vegas owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq