Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

The Joker, aka the best character. Technically he can't get captured due to the limitations of being in hell and all but hey you didn't specify a no ghost clause.

He's captured in the ending. Batman locks him up and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ImpAtom posted:

He's captured in the ending. Batman locks him up and everything.

That doesn't count :negative:

edit: He doesn't lock up Azrael, who therefore doesn't ever get captured! But I guess that's up to the player.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

chaos rhames posted:

I guess there's the regular cops but they barely count as characters.

Mad Hatter DLC seems like it's going to remedy that.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
This game is.. loving creepy.

Joker's face randomly pops up on billboards, statues, etc while i'm looking around and revert after you've turned away. GAME IS loving WITH ME.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Today I punched a man so hard he went into the floor.

He sure is unarmed, alright.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Does Vicki Vale count as not being captured? Especially since she was "captured" in a previous game?

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
gently caress Riddler trophies to the bowls of hell. Great game otherwise.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

Does Vicki Vale count as not being captured? Especially since she was "captured" in a previous game?

Twice in Origins.

ghouldaddy07 posted:

gently caress Riddler trophies to the bowls of hell. Great game otherwise.

Are these collectors bowls for decoration or can you eat cereal out of the bowls of hell?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

...Huh. That's somehow more terrifying than the actual Man-Bat quest.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man-bat is legit the :smith:est sidequest in a series already full of :smith: moments

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

She-Bat confirmed?

You know, I'm rather curious how Jason would handle something like that. Though, knowing him, he'd probably just shoot them instead of trying to find a cure.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Funky Valentine posted:

woah, never saw that in my playthrough, what the gently caress

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CharlestonJew posted:

woah, never saw that in my playthrough, what the gently caress

Go back to Kirk's lab after you've fixed him/destroyed his soul.

Her body is gone.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Funky Valentine posted:

Go back to Kirk's lab after you've fixed him/destroyed his soul.

Her body is gone.

I am looking forward to all the easter eggs Rocksteady has undoubtedly filled the game with this time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I am looking forward to all the easter eggs Rocksteady has undoubtedly filled the game with this time.

Apparently Calendar Man can be see at the beginning of the game.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

People from City unaccounted for:

Mad Hatter (DLC apparently????)
Ra's al-Ghul (DLC apparently????)
Talia (let's not pretend she stayed dead)
Black Mask

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Finished the main story. Loved the game overall. Lots of little nit picks and weird choices, but I had fun kicking asses and tearing around town in the 'mobile and arresting villains. Excavator was weird, but nowhere near as annoying as I found the Cloudburst.

I love the GCPD lock up. I replayed Asylum a bit before this came out and I was kind of bummed at how many people get killed that you have no way of saving. Heck, in some cases people you save end up getting killed anyway. So having a place where you can see all the people you saved and the criminals you locked up is awesome. Can't wait for the DLC so I have more guys to lock up and taunt.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Funky Valentine posted:

People from City unaccounted for:

Mad Hatter (DLC apparently????)
Ra's al-Ghul (DLC apparently????)
Talia (let's not pretend she stayed dead)
Black Mask

Black Mask is accounted for in the Red Hood DLC (so is Killer Moth, actually)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The best game over cutscene in this game works amazingly-well when set to the appropriate background music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wJvudtEMB8

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Grey Fox posted:

She'd count, avoiding any incident by being a voicemail message.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
The one thing that bugged me was that Joker called Batman "Bruce" a lot during the game, as far as I know in the comics he couldn't care less about Bruce Wayne and ignored him because it'd ruin his fun know Batman's identity

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Funky Valentine posted:

.....wait a loving minute. I went back there after the quest to get the Riddle. Why am I just realizing that her body used to be there and that didn't? Maybe Kirk doubled back while we were out? But this only triggers after you've locked him up? I can't handle all these Easter Eggs. I caught Zsasz, but I definitely didn't catch Calendar Man. Still waiting on that big one though. There's a big secret room or something somewhere. I just know it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's kind of a shame Batman's dialogue doesn't change at all with regards to the firefighter rescue mission and the burning buildings mission. About halfway through the firefighter mission he starts to suspect Firefly as the culprit behind all the pre-game fires and the capture of the firefighters, but if you've played the OTHER fire-related mission you have already caught Firefly and so logically Batman would either go "but he's already behind bars sooo" or "but he couldn't have been the suspect because he was doing this other fire-related stuff". Instead he just goes on suspecting Firefly until the real culprit is deduced. You'd think they would have considered that with how crazy in-depth this game is with its incidental dialogue.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I haven't seen anyone mention this before, but was I the only one who thought it was weird that Barbara was dating Tim and not Dick? Historically Nightwing and Oracle have been an on and off item for years, why not have them be a couple here? Not that the Tim/Barbara relationship ever amounts to anything in this game, the couple don't even get a second of screen time together during the entire game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I thought it was weird too, but nothing to pause over. Robin gets to spend most of the game at a computer and Batman feeding him poo poo, so I ended up feeling pretty sorry for the two all the same. It would've been a better with Dick maybe? But, he's not a Robin anymore and Tim's part works better with what they're trying to achieve with Batman, but this whole age thing is weird because it means all three of Batman's sidekicks have to be in their 20s when Dick's always been older than everyone except maybe Barbara.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

I haven't seen anyone mention this before, but was I the only one who thought it was weird that Barbara was dating Tim and not Dick? Historically Nightwing and Oracle have been an on and off item for years, why not have them be a couple here? Not that the Tim/Barbara relationship ever amounts to anything in this game, the couple don't even get a second of screen time together during the entire game.

Sliding age phenomenon hit Barbara pretty hard in this game.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SonicRulez posted:

.....wait a loving minute. I went back there after the quest to get the Riddle. Why am I just realizing that her body used to be there and that didn't? Maybe Kirk doubled back while we were out? But this only triggers after you've locked him up? I can't handle all these Easter Eggs. I caught Zsasz, but I definitely didn't catch Calendar Man. Still waiting on that big one though. There's a big secret room or something somewhere. I just know it.

I guess it only pops up after you've solved the riddle for it, because I definitely didn't notice it when I visited the lab a 2nd time either.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

JT Smiley posted:

What I found weird is that Barbara is wearing a Flying Grayson necklace in the game. Reminds me of how Black Widow wore an arrow necklace through all of Captain America 2, but then Hawkeye shows up in Avengers 2 with a separate family. Came completely out of left field. You know what just caught me off guard in NG+? I was reminded how when you approach Man Bat's lab, Alfred tells you to watch out because he might be lurking. The place is dark, the music is creepy, and...nothing. There's nothing there.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I give up, how am I ssupposed to command this Riddlerbot with a gun to stand on the switch on the riddle on the LexCorp building. I have the Voice Synthesizer and the upgrade to let me use RIddler's voice, but everytime I try to tell it to stand on the switch, it either just stands there doing nothing or goes back to shooting me.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

For all the poo poo I give Origins, the boss fights were an overall improvement, even if they didn't have a Mr. Freeze fight equivalent.

*charges you, bounces off wall, charges you again before your "getting off the ground" animation is finished*

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CJacobs posted:

It's kind of a shame Batman's dialogue doesn't change at all with regards to the firefighter rescue mission and the burning buildings mission. About halfway through the firefighter mission he starts to suspect Firefly as the culprit behind all the pre-game fires and the capture of the firefighters, but if you've played the OTHER fire-related mission you have already caught Firefly and so logically Batman would either go "but he's already behind bars sooo" or "but he couldn't have been the suspect because he was doing this other fire-related stuff". Instead he just goes on suspecting Firefly until the real culprit is deduced. You'd think they would have considered that with how crazy in-depth this game is with its incidental dialogue.

Firefly was behind the previous fires and the fireball, though.

SonicRulez posted:

There seems to be an implication that Francine might not have died, but instead got infected herself and destroyed the lab while mutating.

Ekusukariba posted:

The one thing that bugged me was that Joker called Batman "Bruce" a lot during the game, as far as I know in the comics he couldn't care less about Bruce Wayne and ignored him because it'd ruin his fun know Batman's identity

Well, he knows now, so he might as well use that to mess with him, right?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you examine her with detective vision the first time you visit the lab, detective mode explicitly says "deceased" with no pulse. I thought they might do something like that so I made sure to check and see if the game would call her unconscious (or "vital signs minimal" like with Freeze's wife in Arkham City) or dead and they chose the latter so :iiam:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ekusukariba posted:

It's not actually the Joker, but Bruce's subconscious fears about him, and they even address the part where he didn't give a gently caress when he was alive early on in the hallucinations.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I started an NG+ and noticed that the officer and people discussing him have different dialog depending on whether or not you shoot anyone in the intro. Anything else like that?

Also I loved Riddler insulting everyone the second he was locked up with them. He's such a smug rear end in a top hat. "Hey Penguin, how's that Napoleon complex treating you?"

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Ometeotl posted:

I give up, how am I ssupposed to command this Riddlerbot with a gun to stand on the switch on the riddle on the LexCorp building. I have the Voice Synthesizer and the upgrade to let me use RIddler's voice, but everytime I try to tell it to stand on the switch, it either just stands there doing nothing or goes back to shooting me.

You need to stay out of their line of sight and they can't have been alerted or they wont listen to you.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

CJacobs posted:

The stuff the firefighters were talking about was happening in the weeks before the game, and it was Firefly who set it off. There's no conflict between the given pre-game information and the events during the game.

Ekusukariba posted:

It's not the real Joker, but Batman's mental projection of him. He 'knows' what Batman knows, but is more dangerous than the real Joker, in a way, because he knows what Batman fears and how to best present those fears in a way that gets under Batman's skin, because he is Batman. I think he's tapped into or is an aspect of Batman's subconscious, or whatever. He didn't start bringing up Jason Todd for no reason, or coincidence- Bruce had subconsciously figured out the Knight's identity but couldn't consciously admit his failure until he literally couldn't deny it, but 'Joker', as that dark voice that wonders what would happen if you stepped off the cliff brought to life will absolutely torment him about it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

mastajake posted:

I started an NG+ and noticed that the officer and people discussing him have different dialog depending on whether or not you shoot anyone in the intro. Anything else like that?

Also I loved Riddler insulting everyone the second he was locked up with them. He's such a smug rear end in a top hat. "Hey Penguin, how's that Napoleon complex treating you?"

There's that and Azrael so far that I've seen in the game that has two different ways it can go down. I decided not to shoot anyone in NG+ on a whim. Never thought that something would come of it.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
In the post-game, I've also taken to using the Adam West suit for the first time in the open world, which makes me laugh really hard cause it feels like he had some sort of mental break when his identity was exposed and he started going around in this ridiculous costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
People who say that the freeze grenade is useless are weird because it's pretty easily the most overpowered gadget in any Batman game. You can essentially put an entire dude on pause for like a full minute.

• Locked thread