Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Someone crafted the GSM music boxes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odiBIsAZT8M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Unguided posted:

Also, I'm glad they put Matoya in Hinterlands, that was a great callback.

Not gonna lie, my face lit up when I entered the cave and heard that music start playing. Instantly recognized it even after all these years.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Im interested in playing FF, but have never done so. Heavensward is an expansion correct, so I need to buy A Realm Reborn, first?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Vendictus Prime posted:

Im interested in playing FF, but have never done so. Heavensward is an expansion correct, so I need to buy A Realm Reborn, first?

Buy and play through A Realm Reborn's main scenario quests. You won't be able to jump right into Heavensward content.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Ciaphas posted:

Sadly no. This game needs more MGR Buttrock.

I was so mad when they played the first part of Shiva's boss music BUT NOT THE SECOND :mad:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Opposing Farce posted:

I was so mad when they played the first part of Shiva's boss music BUT NOT THE SECOND :mad:

Same. I guess it was too long.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Bismarck is a neat premise that somehow became really bad when translated to gameplay. Glad its finally over so I can go to Azys LA

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I don't like the Bismarck fight at all. I have no idea why goons keep hyping it. Maybe it just isn't my thing.

Ravana, on the other hand... :kheldragar:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's a less fun Leviathan! That's all it is!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Truga posted:

I don't like the Bismarck fight at all. I have no idea why goons keep hyping it. Maybe it just isn't my thing.

SUBETE WO TACHIKIRAN

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Zaggitz posted:

I just hit 50 on my first job, should I get HW right away or wait until I finish the 2.0 MSQ?

Also Northern Thanalan FATE grinding is hilarious. I'm surprised my PS4 didn't loving explode trying to get that last sliver of exp when I ran out of quests.

You actually have to finish the 2.0-2.x MSQ in order to unlock HW content. If you buy HW after you hit 50, though, you can still level up doing the MSQ.

Like, right now, I'm lvl 52 and only just beat Leviathan in my journey to unlock HW content.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

more like dICK posted:

Bismarck is a neat premise that somehow became really bad when translated to gameplay. Glad its finally over so I can go to Azys LA

I found it fun as it neatly spit "Do mechanics" and "Go balls to the walls DPS"

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Vendictus Prime posted:

Correct. The only thing buying Heavensward before beating A Realm Reborn will get you is a new race to make your character as (dragon people). However, this isn't a big deal because you will pick up some items along the way that will let you change race.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Blockhouse posted:

It's a less fun Leviathan! That's all it is!

That was my first impression too, but I haven't done it on ex yet because I'm doing dumb things like levelling more classes instead. Levi also wasn't too good until I got to do extreme (though doing it hard for the first time kinda blew me away).

KaneTW posted:

SUBETE WO TACHIKIRAN

Yes, blood trickling down to Hydaelyn!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Truga posted:

That was my first impression too, but I haven't done it on ex yet because I'm doing dumb things like levelling more classes instead. Levi also wasn't too good until I got to do extreme (though doing it hard for the first time kinda blew me away).

Yes, blood trickling down to Hydaelyn!

that's not his lines though, that's from the soundtrack

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Truga posted:

Same. I guess it was too long.

To be honest I'll be happy if they pull a Nanamo with Iceheart so long as they use it as an opportunity to close the Shiva music loop.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

KaneTW posted:

that's not his lines though, that's from the soundtrack

It's his character song. Good enough for me.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Is the leveling speed quicker post-expansion? I'm loving bad at MMOs and will either alt myself into oblivion or get tired of one well before the endgame. In the case of FFX It was a bit of both, I managed to get almost every class to atleast 15, and a few more between 21 and 28. Never quite got to unlock a job.

Part of this was the level speed being a bit slow for me these days. So anyway, is it any better with the expansion changes?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Leveling in the expansion is mighty slow, but also only 10 levels.

e: Oops, you probably mean pre-50, in which case it's quite a bit faster, because main story quests now give twice the exp.

Truga fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jul 3, 2015

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
They also increased the armory bonus for characters under 50 to 100% (was 50% previously).

If you aren't familiar with the armory bonus, it means that classes lower level than your highest will get that much more xp.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Truga posted:

It's his character song. Good enough for me.

fair enough

I really like how the 2nd part syncs up with the fight.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Truga posted:

In my head as I'm tanking Bismarck EX i'm like "There are like one too many mechanics happening at the moment" but I always feel that way learning a new primal fight

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Bismarck is a bad fight because Bismarck is barely involved.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So it looks like I've got to do the Hard Mode primals to get to the 2.5 patch stuff. How bad are these going to be?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Goons are probably salivating to do a level 60 relich-ish train

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Robo Reagan posted:

predicting an all warrior plus the relic needer and two healers train

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Robo Reagan posted:

I'm not even 60 yet and that sounds great. Choo Choo!

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Information about the future of the Mac client (and an apology for it being a hot mess).

If you did purchase the Mac client and are dissatisfied with it, you can get a full refund.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ethiser posted:

So it looks like I've got to do the Hard Mode primals to get to the 2.5 patch stuff. How bad are these going to be?

Shouldn't be too hard except for maybe Titan. I was able to pug the extreme versions of the original primals with few problems in the last week.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Chairman posted:

Information about the future of the Mac client (and an apology for it being a hot mess).

If you did purchase the Mac client and are dissatisfied with it, you can get a full refund.

Wow, that was actually a very well explained explanation of what happened. Especially the technical Mac/Win and OGL/DX parts.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ethiser posted:

Not bad at all. Titan might take a couple wipes, but they're really not much harder than the regular versions, especially since everyone else in your party will probably have maxed out gear due to the way scaling works now.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Rather, it works by employing middleware developed by TransGaming (presently NVIDIA) to convert Windows’ DirectX drawing method into OpenGL on Mac systems.

:rip:

I thought this might be what's happening when people complained about the performance. :v:

more like dICK posted:

:agreed:

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

more like dICK posted:

Huh, I couldn't put my finger on why I wasn't totally digging this fight. I like the music and the mechanics and the setting, but I think you hit the nail on the head bud.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Yeah. I was kind of hoping it would be a Spine of Deathwing-style encounter (that didn't blow rear end). I still like the fight, but the execution isn't as strong as it could have been.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think Bismark EX is decently enjoyable, too bad it's extremely easy and there's no real reason to run it more than once.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think Bismark EX is decently enjoyable, too bad it's extremely easy and there's no real reason to run it more than once.

This, too. Honestly, it's really just a gigantic DPS/healing check to gate people going into Ravana EX to get the weapons. I still am hoping to clear it before Alexander NM releases, but all of the PF groups I've been in have generally fallen flat because we couldn't burst down the Carapace in a single go (leaving us with one less shot on Corona), or because one of the snakes would live with 3% HP, or we couldn't kill the Vanu adds fast enough, or me/the other tank would get flattened without enough healing during the snakes, etc., etc.,...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just another reason they need to have a damage meter in the game. No one really knows what they are doing without it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you can tell if you're doing enough damage if you pass the dps checks. if you don't, you're not!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

This, too. Honestly, it's really just a gigantic DPS/healing check to gate people going into Ravana EX to get the weapons.

Not really. We did it with 170 weapons and like 150 average ilvl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I like that it is a dps check in the first minute of the fight that makes sure you have at least some idea of what you're doing

It is a shame that dps won't really know who's loving up unless they run third party tools that break the tos.

• Locked thread