Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

he1ixx posted:

I hear the cobbles in stage 5 was a fun time for everybody.
After Froome goes down, Nibali and his two capos haul rear end. Around one turn, they tiptoe on the wet cobbles, but one guy still goes down on the sidewalk right in front of Nibali, who pulls up, gives him a "wtf, dude?" look, and keeps going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

kimbo305 posted:

After Froome goes down, Nibali and his two capos haul rear end. Around one turn, they tiptoe on the wet cobbles, but one guy still goes down on the sidewalk right in front of Nibali, who pulls up, gives him a "wtf, dude?" look, and keeps going.

Didn't he bunny hop someone else who fell off in front of him?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It is currently extremely hot in the Netherlands, with temperatures on Saturday possibly breaking the all-time record. Utrecht is predicted to be at 38 degrees that day (about 100F), Sunday will be cooler.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Froome dog rocking the high socks

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
reminder: chris froome won a tour without learning how to piss on a bike.

infact i bet he does, just triathlon style the dirty fucker

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

I've told pretty much everyone else in my life now, so I'll tell you all too: it's no big deal, but Taylor Phinney came to my birthday party last week. One of many perks of Colorado living.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Did he push massive watties?

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Many kJs were burned on the dance floor by all in attendance but especially him.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The best part of the team presentation yesterday was Froome thanking the locals, just like the Sky people has taught him. He then followed it up with some sort of lazy PR wave, and then there was silence.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Anachronist posted:

I've told pretty much everyone else in my life now, so I'll tell you all too: it's no big deal, but Taylor Phinney came to my birthday party last week. One of many perks of Colorado living.

I don't like how he has accepted his cycling career is over so now he rides fixies in jean jackets, weird dude

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

UCI have apparently started testing at night. One tour contender apparently got woken at 2am for a test.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

That is going to cause problems. I am anti-doping but don't think waking random riders at 2 am during a Grand Tour is the right thing to do. Rest is so crucial, waking Froome but not Contador will give an unfair advantage.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

African AIDS cum posted:

I don't like how he has accepted his cycling career is over so now he rides fixies in jean jackets, weird dude

Do you think before you post? Have you ever had anything you love taken away from you? Especially when that thing also happens to be your main income source and pretty much what your life has been devoted to since age 10? Would you rather he be a publicly broken husk for your own amusement?

The fact that he's still riding bikes and having fun despite all of it is a positive thing. Don't be a fuckwad.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Pocket posted:

That is going to cause problems. I am anti-doping but don't think waking random riders at 2 am during a Grand Tour is the right thing to do. Rest is so crucial, waking Froome but not Contador will give an unfair advantage.

I think out of competition its fine but yeah you can't do it during a GT

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

UCI have apparently started testing at night. One tour contender apparently got woken at 2am for a test.
Doing this as opposed to more testing OOC is so retarded.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im loving hyped for tomorrow.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Gibbo posted:

Do you think before you post? Have you ever had anything you love taken away from you? Especially when that thing also happens to be your main income source and pretty much what your life has been devoted to since age 10? Would you rather he be a publicly broken husk for your own amusement?

The fact that he's still riding bikes and having fun despite all of it is a positive thing. Don't be a fuckwad.

what if i called him a piss baby retard who failed and deserves to never be able to ride a bike again, even on his own time for fun

i don't actually think that but you seem like the sort of person to get real worked up over words on the internet

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Taylor Phinney banged Shawn Johnson and as such is the greatest man who ever lived.

serious gaylord posted:

Im loving hyped for tomorrow.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Gibbo posted:

lol

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Paddyb posted:

Taylor Phinney banged Shawn Johnson and as such is the greatest man who ever lived.

dude with girl name bangs girl with dude name

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

Gibbo posted:

he's now gay too.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

Anachronist posted:

I rode mountain bikes and drank beers with Dave Zabriskie, he's funny + cool

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pimp Cauldron posted:

he's now gay too.

https://twitter.com/taylorphinney/status/5123067095

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I'm hosed. On holiday with the missus and her family so I won't be able to watch anything. Might try to sneak away and have a look but it could end in disaster.

I'm still pumped though!

E: the first week, I'll be able to watch the rest, thank god

Xabi fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 3, 2015

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Pimp Cauldron posted:

he's now gay too.

Helps my chances.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Xabi posted:

I'm hosed. On holiday with the missus and her family so I won't be able to watch anything. Might try to sneak away and have a look but it could end in disaster.

I'm still pumped though!

E: the first week, I'll be able to watch the rest, thank god

I'm on holiday for the last five stages but I'm on holiday in Alp d'huez so I'm going to get to stand at the side of the road and cheer for Bertie.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lars-boom-faces-exclusion-from-tour-de-france-over-cortisol-levels

Lars Boom probably out due to low Cortisol levels, Nibali down to 7 riders. Tough blow as Boom was a beast on the cobbles last year

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Lol he'll ride, Astana dgaf about the MPCC when it comes to a proper race.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

African AIDS cum posted:

Quintana has also been hiding out from testers in Colombia most of the season while Froome and Contador have been racing in Europe
From pages back but I'm tired of people saying "hiding out in Colombia". The Colombia where he was born and raised and has a great altitude training environment. Lack of TT in this year's tour will be great for this lil' dude.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

newreply.php posted:

From pages back but I'm tired of people saying "hiding out in Colombia". The Colombia where he was born and raised and has a great altitude training environment. Lack of TT in this year's tour will be great for this lil' dude.

I'd love to see him win, but Nibali called him out for this too

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

African AIDS cum posted:

I'd love to see him win, but Nibali called him out for this too

It's bullshit though. He's been training, he's been tested, who cares where he spends his time? If anything I like him more for not holing himself up on a volcano for the last two months and emerging only for a stage race he doesn't really care about winning.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

whoa wait, a rich person went to columbia? he must be hiding. hiding his drugs. no, we won't send someone to columbia to test him! none of our testing staff are trained in jungle survival

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Pocket posted:

Lol he'll ride, Astana dgaf about the MPCC when it comes to a proper race.

Normally I'd agree but with the scrutiny they've been under I'd be surprised

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

gently caress Astana. That is all.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I want to see a great tour but i also want to see dawn raids on hotel rooms and teams paraded past the cameras in cuffs.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

I want to see a great tour but i also want to see dawn raids on hotel rooms and teams paraded past the cameras in cuffs.

If this means the only teams left in the race are MTN-Qhubeka and Europcar I'm all for another Festina Affair

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Troy Queef posted:

If this means the only teams left in the race are MTN-Qhubeka and Europcar I'm all for another Festina Affair

Grimacing, Voeckler will say, this is my year, boys.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
Im grateful for MTN-Qhubeka/Teklehaimanot because they are the first step to my drunk claim that we'll see an all-African tour podium in the next 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
lol if you think tommy would survive a proper festina style raid. remember when he stuck with evans and bert through the alps and wore yellow for 11 days, yeah...

hes cool though so im ok with that.

i still want a pereiro style winner, so idk maybe, oh ok yeah lets have tom win it.