Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

It's also illegal to drink in high school and lord knows plenty of us have managed that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MourningView posted:

No one actually gets eaten by sharks you nerds, and if one every tries to eat me I will punch it right in the dang face to teach it a lesson. I fear no fish.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
ITT a bunch of scaredy cat doofuses who think Jaws was a documentary

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

What incoming freshmen have a great chance of starting for your teams?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^Terry Beckner and...well Drew Lock probably won't but I hope he pushes Maty Mauk.

MourningView posted:

ITT a bunch of scaredy cat doofuses who think Jaws was a documentary

I watched a documentary on the USS Indianapolis which was mentioned in Jaws, I can be scared of sharks if I want to :colbert:

Don't click that link, just ignore Sash's posts telling everyone about it and know that sharks are terrifying.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

MourningView posted:

No one actually gets eaten by sharks you nerds, and if one every tries to eat me I will punch it right in the dang face to teach it a lesson. I fear no fish.

Lotta gibbis Nuke The Ocean sentiment itt. Not that I'm surprised

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The only sea creatures worth being scared of are dolphins

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

pillsburysoldier posted:

None, thank goodness. Not a statement about the incoming class but VT finally has experience at nearly all positions.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Sharks are basically just underwater puppy dogs. But instead of using noses and paws to investigate things, they use mouths full of teeth.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

pillsburysoldier posted:

Kyler Murray to continue the QB carousel at Texas A&M.

Hopefully our defense is ok enough that it doesn't matter.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

Terry Godwin because invariably Malcom Mitchell will blow out his knee dancing in the end zone and Justin Scott-Wesley will smoke weed.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So I get a lot of random emails and press releases because I used to write for a news blog in Detroit, even though I haven't lived in Michigan since October. Just got this one from PETA. I know the Fulmer Cup is dead but illegal wallaby possession and sale has to be worth something. Emphasis theirs.

quote:

Dear Travis,

I've got a story for you about some University of Michigan (UM) players who appear to be in possession of, and trying to sell, a wallaby, illegally.

On June 30, PETA found an advert posted by UM football player Jack Wangler for a wallaby for sale on the website Exotic Animals for Sale. That ad listed a phone number, which we later learned belongs to UM hockey player Cutler Martin, and stated that the animal is located in East Lansing. Laws in both Ann Arbor and East Lansing prohibit the possession of exotic animals such as wallabies (Ann Arbor Mun. Code s. 9:38(1); East Lansing Mun. Code s. 4-4(a)). We have .pdf files of all of these ads.

A PETA Foundation attorney contacted Cutler to discuss the surrender of the wallaby to the Detroit Zoo. PETA agreed to provide Cutler with $500 in exchange for surrendering the animal to the Detroit Zoo and agreeing not to own exotic animals in the future. Cutler initially lied about his identity and provided a false email address to the attorney. Later that day, after the attorney told Cutler that PETA may be forced to pursue alternate means of ensuring that the animal is properly surrendered, Cutler called and identified himself.

On July 1, the PETA Foundation attorney spoke with Cutler again and although he had agreed to the $500 figure the day before, Cutler stated that he now did not think that $500 was enough money to compensate him for surrendering the animal and stated that he wanted more. Cutler also stated that he was considering selling the animal to a roadside zoo that was interested in purchasing the animal. The attorney pointed out to Cutler that [b]federal law requires a U.S. Department of Agriculture Animal Welfare Act license in order to legally sell a wallaby.[/]b

Also on July 1, PETA submitted a letter to UM President, Dr. Mark S. Schlissel, informing him of the situation, including the fact that Cutler had offered the animal for sale despite being advised that doing so would be illegal.

Please let me know if you would like to speak to PETA's Deputy Director of Captive Animal Law Enforcement who has been working on this case and has all the information you will need.

PETA has offered Martin a happy ending to this story, for both himself and the wallaby. High-profile animal acquisitions such as this one serve to endorse private exotic-animal ownership and support the cruel exotic-animal trade. As a result of crowded living conditions, poor ventilation, and a lack of food, water, and basic care, many animals exploited in this trade die in the clutches of breeding facilities and dealers before they ever reach a pet store. Those who survive often die because caretakers are unprepared to take on the huge task of caring for an exotic animal.

Thanks for your time and consideration. Do let me know if you would like any more information.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?

pillsburysoldier posted:

CJ Conrad a 4* TE, probably going to start because he's good and we have no eligible tight ends except for Darryl Long who redshirted last year.

Derrick Baity a 3* DB, May start because he has size and athleticism and our CBs are a disaster

Chris Westry a 3* DB, (see Derrick Baity)

George Asafo-Adjei a 4* OL, may start because he's been way better than expected and our OL is still not really set.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MourningView posted:

i am martin brody in this gif

you're the kid lol

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

So I get a lot of random emails and press releases because I used to write for a news blog in Detroit, even though I haven't lived in Michigan since October. Just got this one from PETA. I know the Fulmer Cup is dead but illegal wallaby possession and sale has to be worth something. Emphasis theirs.

Here's his original ad: http://www.exoticanimalsforsale.net/wallabies-for-sale.asp Not much to see there, other than the fact that there are apparently lots of people out there looking to buy, sell, or trade wallabies.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ehud posted:

you're the kid lol

Nah, man, I'm not some bitch rear end tuna or something, I would give that shark the Stone Cold Stunner.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

We've got a handful of first-year guys who will likely start for us but they're JUCO/transfer players, so I guess that doesn't count. The only true freshman who has a chance at starting is probably DE Dexter Wideman. We were a pretty young (and stupid) team last year, so I'm glad there's not as much youth in the picture.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

DE Byron Cowart and CB Tim Irvin look like the best candidates. Cowart I'd expect to have a first year that looks like Carl Lawson's and Montravious Adams', plenty of playing time but they don't become the top guy overnight; timetable might be pushed up with Elijah Daniel's dismissal. Irvin might be starting sooner rather than later with some major depth issues in the secondary.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MourningView posted:

Nah, man, I'm not some bitch rear end tuna or something, I would give that shark the Stone Cold Stunner.

Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

Ask me this time next year.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ehud posted:

you're the kid lol

Brady Hoke and Shane Morris

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I uh I didn't see the shark attack, the uhm the lifeguards uh that's under their uhm its the lifeguards job

No uhm no I dont think a walkie talkie will help at all

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

We took all the proper precautions before allowing him to return to the ocean

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I uh I didn't see the shark attack, the uhm the lifeguards uh that's under their uhm its the lifeguards job

No uhm no I dont think a walkie talkie will help at all

So you're saying Brady Hoke is Mayor Larry Vaughn

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

^^Terry Beckner and...well Drew Lock probably won't but I hope he pushes Maty Mauk.

I watched a documentary on the USS Indianapolis which was mentioned in Jaws, I can be scared of sharks if I want to :colbert:

Don't click that link, just ignore Sash's posts telling everyone about it and know that sharks are terrifying.

I'm holding out hope that Maty Mauk somehow puts it together this year because I am an idiot.

Also, I'm trying to go to a game this year, my options are SEMO/UCONN/South Carolina. Obviously South Carolina is preferable, but if I can't swing that should I go see SEMO get sandblasted or UCONN get killed?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Well, gently caress UCONN forever if that helps.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

A Look at 2014 Stadium Ejections, Arrests and Incidents From Big Ten Fanbases

The disparity in some of these stats leads me to believe that schools/PDs are reporting them differently.

Also, scroll down and read the Iowa section.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Let's go Hawks, Bitch

quote:

Notable reported incidents include:
11 cases where patrons were found either inside or near a bathroom stall, or standing or kneeling next to a trashcan, either dry heaving or vomiting onto themselves or the ground, toilet or waste receptacle;
A 21-year-old male attempting to prove he wasn't drunk to a police officer by placing a dollar bill in his wallet, only to be unable to do so;
A 20-year-old male accused of groping females in the stands while intoxicated prior to his arrest;
A 19-year-old male admitting not knowing where he was when found in someone else's seat covered in mud after drunkenly confessing to falling in a creek;
A 22-year-old male walking around the outside of Kinnick Stadium drinking an open bottle of Fireball;
A 50-year-old male accused of purposely pouring beer on the keyboard of another patron's laptop at a tailgate after asking them to turn down their music and then claiming it was an accident;
A 35-year-old male drunkenly attempting to enter Kinnick Stadium without a ticket, instead handing the ticket taker a $20 bill only to be denied;
A 25-year-old female slapping an officer's hand and refusing to heed his assistance as she drunkenly fought with her boyfriend;
A 41-year-old male falling asleep in the stands after drunkenly vomiting all over himself and others;
A 23-year-old male drunkenly standing and dancing in front of heavy traffic, causing a backup after a game; and
A 25-year-old female blew a .273 into a breathalyzer, the highest reported blood-alcohol level from Hawkeye home games.

.273 being the highest is honestly a little disappointing, Vodka Sam was like a .34 or something

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 3, 2015

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

pillsburysoldier posted:

Ohio State - None, we're loving stacked. :smugdog:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

MourningView posted:

Let's go Hawks, Bitch

.273 being the highest is honestly a little disappointing, Vodka Sam was like a .34 or something

That was probably vodka Sam being a repeat offender.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
A ton of the arrests are people trying to bring alcohol into the stadium so basically nothing new or shocking.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

A 35-year-old male drunkenly attempting to enter Kinnick Stadium without a ticket, instead handing the ticket taker a $20 bill only to be denied;

I could see how this would make a lot of sense to somebody who was blackout drunk

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Dude who fell in a creek would have had to stumble a pretty long way covered in mud to get to the stadium, I admire his dedication.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

MourningView posted:

Dude who fell in a creek would have had to stumble a pretty long way covered in mud to get to the stadium, I admire his dedication.

He poo poo himself dawg

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

MourningView posted:

A 21-year-old male attempting to prove he wasn't drunk to a police officer by placing a dollar bill in his wallet, only to be unable to do so;

that loving owns.

Here's another Iowa arrest report:

quote:

Fernandez was lying flat on his back and appeared to have soiled himself. Fernandez was unable to stand without assistance. Fernandez blew .203 PBT.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 3, 2015

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Frackie Robinson posted:

He poo poo himself dawg

Naw, there's a creek just to the west of the parking lots adjoining Kinnick. He legitimately probably tried to take a shortcut and fell in.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
finally Baylor Bears Natinoal Championship year they better do it because its only a matter of time before theys uck again like they arleady do or the big 12 breaks up or the fat dude who can run and catch blows out both knees and dies and Baylor Bitch (time to win) (gently caress tcu too) gently caress

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Iowa City Police report the day after an Iowa game has been the pro-est of clicks for years.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

Malik Jefferson, Connor Williams, Kris Boyd, and Holton Hill. They are all pretty much ready to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

anne frank fanfic posted:

finally Baylor Bears Natinoal Championship year they better do it because its only a matter of time before theys uck again like they arleady do or the big 12 breaks up or the fat dude who can run and catch blows out both knees and dies and Baylor Bitch (time to win) (gently caress tcu too) gently caress

• Locked thread