Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

wasn't there something about a truck full of playbooks being "stolen" or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/17/2642492/blackberry-playbook-cargo-truck-stolen-indiana

quote:

$1.7 million in BlackBerry PlayBooks stolen from an Indiana truck stop

RIM can't catch a break. Last Thursday, a truck carrying 22 pallets of BlackBerry PlayBooks (estimated to have 5,000 units) was stolen from an Indiana truck stop while the driver was busy eating and taking a shower. With no tracking device on the vehicle, there's little word on the thieves or where they're headed, although a local police spokesman has named Miami as a popular destination for stolen goods. The police believe that up to five suspects may be involved, and say they might have fingerprints of one of them; they will also be seeking help from the FBI and Interstate Theft Task Force to recover the truck and its cargo.

This new loss — valued at $1.7 million — is the latest in a run of bad luck for RIM, which recently took a $485 million loss on its poorly-selling PlayBooks, has delayed its BlackBerry 10 phones until late 2012, and has seen its share prices drop 71 percent since the beginning of the year. Somewhat poignantly, the stolen tablets were even headed for Ontario, where we can only imagine they were going to be sold for one fourth of their original price to RIM employees.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

With the new bb desktop manager software, it gives you two choices if you're having technical difficulties connecting with a bb device; "reload" or "reconnect". what's not clear is that "reload" completely wipes the device. if you click "reload" you just get a pop up saying "this will reload the device, click OK to continue" or something like that. I wonder how many accidental wipes this has caused

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 30, 2015

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Mr. Apollo posted:

With the new bb desktop manager software, it gives you two choices if you're having technical difficulties connecting with a bb device; "reload" or "reconnect". what's not clear is that "reload" completely wipes the device. if you click "reload" you just get a pop up saying "this will reload the device, click OK to continue" or something like that. I wonder how many accidental this has caused

lmao

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lmao if you're ever in a position to experience this in tyool 2015

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mr. Apollo posted:

With the new bb desktop manager software, it gives you two choices if you're having technical difficulties connecting with a bb device; "reload" or "reconnect". what's not clear is that "reload" completely wipes the device. if you click "reload" you just get a pop up saying "this will reload the device, click OK to continue" or something like that. I wonder how many accidental wipes this has caused

read that as "Desktop Commander" :laugh:

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

Happy :canada: Day Tomorrow! :toot:

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
apparently the toronto party is just people drinking around the city, after a decade in ottawa that's kind of a let-down

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

Blackula69 posted:

apparently the toronto party is just people drinking around the city, after a decade in ottawa that's kind of a let-down

i was in ottawa for 2012 and i was p great.

winnipeg is poo poo though so don't feel so bad. we're going out of town and setting off fireworks onto the lake

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Blackula69 posted:

what, really? I figured there'd be something down by harbourfront at the least

but yeah, ottawa is the better party on canada day

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Skarp posted:

Happy :canada: Day Tomorrow! :toot:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
we have baseball?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

we did for a couple of years in the 90's

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
blue jays still exist. they have a nice stadium, imo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

what, really? I figured there'd be something down by harbourfront at the least

but yeah, ottawa is the better party on canada day

montreal or bust imo

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pinterest Mom posted:

montreal or bust imo

for st jean baptiste sure, but lol at canada day in quebec just lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i like staying in and no obnoxious displays of nationalism :shobon:

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

you're not supposed to stay in, you're supposed to move to another apartment with ridiculously cheap rent in the plateau.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

or walk around and help people move their couches up the stairs for a beer

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

canada day in victoria is very good. feels like the whole city goes downtown for free show + fireworks.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
id forgotten that everyone in montreal has their lease start on july 1st

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

fidel sarcastro posted:

canada day in victoria is very good. feels like the whole city goes downtown for free show + fireworks.

all 12 of them

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

id forgotten that everyone in montreal has their lease start on july 1st

what really?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Skarp posted:

what really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_Day_%28Quebec%29

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
9:00 am. one of my co workers popped in to request administrative assistance installing the bb manager app onto his work PC

reason? he needed to finish setting up his brand-new passport

which he just bought yesterday

it is now after 5pm

the initial device configure has not completed yet.

he has had a sprint rep on the phone all day walking him through the the install.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

the moving day wikipedia article is very informative. i didn't know the thing about montreal's terrible but beautiful exterior staircases being about saving taxes

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

buttcrackmenace posted:

9:00 am. one of my co workers popped in to request administrative assistance installing the bb manager app onto his work PC

it is now after 5pm

he has had a sprint rep on the phone all day walking him through the the install.

serves him right

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

my grocery store was closed for la fête nationale but will be open for canada day

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

buttcrackmenace posted:

it is now after 5pm

total cost of owned

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

I've lived in Quebec all my life and never had a lease end July 1st :iiam:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

this is the best thing that could have happened

the insurance payout is much more valuable than the retail sales

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

:itshappening:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

no ring

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

why would anyone buy a generic android device from blackberry? it doesn't even have a keyboard

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

The Management posted:

why would anyone buy a generic android device from blackberry? it doesn't even have a keyboard

the reliable hardware you've come to expect from blackberry

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

The Management posted:

that thing is a slider with a hardware keyboard, apparently.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

looks like poo poo from this angle, your honour

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

jony neuemonic posted:

that thing is a slider with a hardware keyboard, apparently.

:psyduck:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
if it turns out to be cheap, have good build quality, and i can flash it with stock android, I might actual-hahahahhaha no i can't do it there's no chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

it looks like its covered in that fake leather stuff like a cheap japanese camera from the 1970s.

• Locked thread