Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Worth it, I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

poo poo I think I might be a vampire.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The ironic thing is that I used to agree with Occupation more often than not, before he went nuts and got obsessed with me. :shrug:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This all seems like way too much effort to care about other people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

On Graceland its yellow outside, so it must be Mexico.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

muscles like this? posted:

This all seems like way too much effort to care about other people.

Hell I've always said that. Sure there are posters that I more consistently agree with than others, but hardly anyone posts badly enough for me to give a poo poo. And almost literally nobody posts enough personal poo poo for me to think "I don't like that poster". It's like that Papa Joe Mama rant about how dumb it is to think that your taste in media reflects your personality.

:shrug:

Live and let live, post and let post. Post free or logout hard. Etc

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

It's getting really hard to keep track of which posters have bad opinions that I'm supposed to ignore!

I was joking, BSam is a cool guy. It's soapgish et al you wanna ignore. and who's that one guy who never shuts up complaining about the term "lazy writing"?

e: oh and anyone who watches giant bomb obsessively. I still think the people in IRC are just loving with me sometimes when they go on about it because they're all like mid-20s

you know what given my recent trend of jokes I thought were super obvious blowing up in my face I'm gonna add a disclaimer that this post is just poking fun. except for the soapgish bit

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 3, 2015

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
At this point we should probably just exclude anyone not called DivisionPost, zoux, Deadpool or Rarity from posting in TV IV.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Netflix How To Train Your Dragon show is actually really good. Watched it with my niece and it's almost just straight-up "as good as the movie".

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hear quite a lot of good things about Netflix's kid's programming. Except Richie Rich.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Speaking of Netflix, A.K.A. Jessica Jones is now just called Jessica Jones apparently

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wish they could call it Alias. Stupid Abrams :(

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

That's what I meant to say. He only seems to do comedy. He's good at it. But even Young Doctor's Notebook and Black Mirror are dramedies.
Which Black Mirror ep is he in? I liked the first one and really hated the second one so I stopped watching it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Which Black Mirror ep is he in? I liked the first one and really hated the second one so I stopped watching it.

He's in the recent Christmas special, which I don't think is on Netflix yet.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why would liking one episode and hating another of an anthology series make you stop watching altogether? Unless you really detested Fifteen Million Merits that much.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The first ep of Twilight Zone was great but the second not so much so gently caress em all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bown posted:

Why would liking one episode and hating another of an anthology series make you stop watching altogether? Unless you really detested Fifteen Million Merits that much.
I really, really hated it. But I liked the first episode a lot, so I'll go back to it soon.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Rarity posted:

At this point we should probably just exclude anyone not called DivisionPost, zoux, Deadpool or Rarity from posting in TV IV.

I would support something like this.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Found you some new avatar material Deadpool

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All the promotional material for Deadpool makes me want to be excited for it, but I'm going to need an actual trailer before I believe it's actually good Deadpool and not just tryhard xD random Daniel Way bullshit.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
This has to be one of the weirdest disclaimers I have ever seen on TV

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

less laughter posted:

Original Law & Order had to put a disclaimer on the end of one of their older episodes because it was about AIDS. They basically had to state that the information in the episode was out of date and you had to judge it by its time or something like that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bown posted:

All the promotional material for Deadpool makes me want to be excited for it, but I'm going to need an actual trailer before I believe it's actually good Deadpool and not just tryhard xD random Daniel Way bullshit.

I'm more excited for Paul Rudd as Ant-Man, which is something I never would have imagined I'd be typing. It's about as weird as saying "I can't believe Jon Hamm is starring in HBO's Ambush Bug series."

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

I'm more excited for Paul Rudd as Ant-Man, which is something I never would have imagined I'd be typing. It's about as weird as saying "I can't believe Jon Hamm is starring in HBO's Ambush Bug series."

Ant-Man is going to be terrible, dude.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Everything is terrible.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
James Gunn really liked Ant-Man but he also said it was the best Marvel movie since the first Iron Man and "iron man is still the best marvel movie" is one of those opinons that confuses and mildly irritates me. Also Guardians is the only movie he ever did that isn't poo poo so

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

GreenNight posted:

Everything is terrible.

Yeah but, like, Ant-Man especially so.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bown posted:

James Gunn really liked Ant-Man but he also said it was the best Marvel movie since the first Iron Man and "iron man is still the best marvel movie" is one of those opinons that confuses and mildly irritates me. Also Guardians is the only movie he ever did that isn't poo poo so

Are you seriously telling me you think Tromeo and Juliet is poo poo? I thought you were cool man. :(

ed: And I do think in some ways Iron Man actually is the best Marvel movie still

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea what that is but Slither was poor and Super is loving terrible.

I could go on for a long time about how much I hate Super. Dumb teenage nihilist bullshit.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Slither had the Michael Rooker + Nathan Fillion thing going for it, but I love body/super gross out horror so I was in to it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bown posted:

I have no idea what that is but Slither was poor and Super is loving terrible.

I could go on for a long time about how much I hate Super. Dumb teenage nihilist bullshit.
So many people in the film community praise Slither. I don't get it.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

less laughter posted:

That's weird if anything.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

So many people in the film community praise Slither. I don't get it.

Good horror-comedies are hard to pull off imo.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Bown posted:

I will cut you. Slither is a goddamn classic!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I will cut you. Slither is a goddamn classic!

I'll grant you it's probably a lot better to people don't think the horror genre is inherently bad and the good horrors are a rarity that largely succeed because they don't follow any horror cliches

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bown posted:

the horror genre is inherently bad

:agreed:

That said I thought Slither was pretty okay, but not much more than "pretty okay". Tromeo and Juliet is a punk rock retelling of Romeo and Juliet. It is very funny and good.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
I am very forgiving towards horror in general, and it's easily my favorite genre of whatever, but I get where you are coming from because I feel the same way about musicals.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think everyone has at least one genre they feel that way about. My other one is the infernal genre of music that is post-grunge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

holy poo poo

• Locked thread