Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

CuwiKhons posted:

Alright, there's a Riddler trophy outside Panessa Studios that I'm too stupid to get - There's three question marks that need to be hit to unlock it and there's an electrified ceiling. I can EMP the ceiling to shut it off with the Batmobile, but doing that also shuts off the question marks. I can get a remote batarang up there and just hang out til the question marks come back on, but then I can only hit one of them that way and using the EMP again on the ceiling resets it. What am I doing wrong?

Yeah,that one was a pain in the rear end for me,too-try and get yourself on the Grey Ghost sign or another outcropping ,pop a Zip-Line,stand on it so the field activates,then just pelt the targets. That's what I did anyway.

Edit:or do the the other suggestions,those should also work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

:negative: I forgot about the line launcher after my insistence on using it for a challenge it wasn't meant for. I'm a loving idiot.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Just beat the game. Probably the same two cents as everyone else: I have to say I wish the Batmobile stuff was toned down by like a third. It was cool, but the tank battles got so boring; and having Deathstroke go from the best 1-on-1 melee fight in the series to a one-punch knockout was super disappointing.

I enjoyed getting all the villains' comments after Bruce Wayne's identity was revealed. Even the random street thugs give you poo poo for it.

One question: I talked to Barbara and he just said that Gordon and Robin were "on their way back" from Arkham. Can you ever talk to them in the end-game? I really owe Tim an apology :smith:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I gave into the hype after some unexpected money, and noticed a fun thing, and another that isn't quite so much.

During one of the first flashbacks, check out the hat one of the characters is wearing when he comes in the door. :D

Less fun was somehow losing 6 talent points, because I maxed out the 60mm cannon to chew through the tedious bat-tank parts ASAP, and now the points are gone, with the cannon locked and back to it's lovely default reload time. I hadn't respecced or anything. :argh:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Reo posted:

One question: I talked to Barbara and he just said that Gordon and Robin were "on their way back" from Arkham. Can you ever talk to them in the end-game? I really owe Tim an apology :smith:

I hope so, because I went back to him after saving her and did the prompt to tell him, but he just sort of fell to his knees out of grief and I didn't get any dialogue. Understandable I guess. What happens if you never tell him in the first place?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

UP AND ADAM posted:

I hope so, because I went back to him after saving her and did the prompt to tell him, but he just sort of fell to his knees out of grief and I didn't get any dialogue. Understandable I guess. What happens if you never tell him in the first place?

Nothing happens, I played through the while game without telling him. I didn't even know you could tell him.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

VolticSurge posted:

That's fine. I'm just saying that because the majority of the people I've talked to about it were in one of two catagories:
1.Loves goofy camp,hates dark and edgy stuff.
2.Thinks edgy stuff is the bestest EVAR! (the people in Camp 2 were mostly idiots,as expected)

No one I know personally has fallen into your "In-Between" camp,honestly.

I find that since Brave and the Bold, most people accept both sides. They're both a part of Batman. I don't mind the campier stuff, I loved Brave and the Bold. Prefer TAS though. Never really watched '66, cause I was nowhere near born. I think the broody Batman is preferable to "Let's go get 'em, chum" guy, but the medium has room for a balance.

You sound like you've constructed a bit of a strawman.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Batman '66 is a work of art and should be required viewing for everybody. I'm going through the blu-ray box set now and it's glorious.

"ZLONK" is now my favorite word.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

How the hell do you avoid the missile locks from the drone tanks? Dashing to the side with left stick + X doesn't seem to avoid them.

I've played the game for several hours already (I have Poison Ivy with me in the Batmobile and we just got into Wayne Tower which has been breached) and this hasn't been a problem until now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can't, you have to shoot the missiles down with the gatling gun.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Edit: NVM

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CJacobs posted:

You can't, you have to shoot the missiles down with the gatling gun.
Ahh, okay. I actually just saw the hint on the screen to do that. Wonder why it's taken me this long into the game to figure that out haha

Thanks!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It took me a very long time to remember that you can take out drones instantly with the turret by just targeting the blue glowy thing. The game tells you about it once and then I immediately forgot it so I never bothered. :downs:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

It took me a very long time to remember that you can take out drones instantly with the turret by just targeting the blue glowy thing. The game tells you about it once and then I immediately forgot it so I never bothered. :downs:

It's never worth doing unless you're going for high scores in challenge rooms and arguably only there if you're trying to top the leaderboards. It's finnicky and awkward and your cannon takes things out faster more or less.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I choose to believe that Oracle figured out the tanks' glowing video game weak spot by glancing at a copy of Lost Planet on her shelf.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
I'm at 96% and I gotta say its pretty annoying trying to wrap up the last few firefighter, azrael, and road-bomb missions. I've taken to hitching a ride on the police choppers and just looking around because I'm not getting any more intel.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I just keep the Vulcan gun going all the time because it helps with aiming the cannon and can also take out the missiles. The game days not to keep it firing because it gets less accurate but it easily takes out missiles and helicopters after being held for minutes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mastajake posted:

I just keep the Vulcan gun going all the time because it helps with aiming the cannon and can also take out the missiles. The game days not to keep it firing because it gets less accurate but it easily takes out missiles and helicopters after being held for minutes.

The reason it says that is because you get a 'perfect shot' bonus for hitting the weak point on drones and tanks with your first shot. Ideally you are stringing together perfect shot bonuses for MAXIMUM POINTS but... meh.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

The Reverand Me posted:

I've tried 4 times and I can't make the drat thing work. I can start a beatdown and counter the other guys but then I'll get caught by a knife or I'll counter someone and Batman just kicks the doll guy in the face instead of continuing the beatdown. I've never had this much trouble with a Arkham boss.

Just always keep the camera on the boss and you'll see all his knives coming so you can counter them. You can still see all the stuff going on near you, but if you point your camera at whoever you're beating down you might get a knife in the back.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress the tackle guys in new game plus...just gently caress them in the rear end.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I only just hit the 70% point, so maybe it's explained later, but how exactly does The Joker's blood turn people into aspects of The Joker? That's not how the human body works.

Also I feel like either me or the game is going insane at this point. I'm getting more and more physics and combat bugs and there were shockingly few before now.

My favourite so far in the last hour have been:

- Batman glide/shuffling up an escalator in pursuit of a thug with no animation
- Robin knocking a guy out at the start of a dual takedown and Batman making half-hearted combat moves at nothing
- Calling the Batmobile only for it to smash into the side of a building rather than going anywhere near me

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

gently caress the tackle guys in new game plus...just gently caress them in the rear end.

Generally the tackle guys will always back off before coming at you. The game will home in with batarangs so if you see a guy backing off toss a batarang at 'em. Worst comes to worst it'll function like a regular punch instead.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

VolticSurge posted:

Because a movie where Supes acts like an rear end in a top hat,gets so many people killed,and straight-up murders a guy when non-lethal alternatives where available totally gets the character right.

Superman constantly tries to steer the fight away from the city but Zod keeps bringing it back, because Zod is a villain and trying to murder people. If you didn't get this you're bad at watching movies because, while they don't say it out loud, it's perfectly clear from the actions taking place.

Also what non-lethal alternatives are there for a guy who is stronger than Superman, a better fighter than Superman, and has flat out said "if you don't kill me I will continue to destroy things and murder humans because you have taken away everything I loved and my only purpose in life," in a world where there is no kryptonite, no other super humans (in public at least) and no way to put him back into the negative zone as all of the kryptonian tech has been destroyed?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Steve2911 posted:

I only just hit the 70% point, so maybe it's explained later, but how exactly does The Joker's blood turn people into aspects of The Joker? That's not how the human body works.
Due to how much poo poo he's pumped into his body over the years, it's how Joker's body works.

Jaypeeh
Feb 22, 2003

Are you guys able to reset your skill points? I was at first but the option seems to be gone..

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jaypeeh posted:

Are you guys able to reset your skill points? I was at first but the option seems to be gone..

You can only reset skill points you've just spent before closing the screen.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Steve2911 posted:

Bad writing.

Jaypeeh
Feb 22, 2003

Has anyone noticed that whenever Batman is talking to someone in one of the non-storyline missions like responding to a firefighter, He both looks and sounds like a weird robot? His whole body is stiff and with no animation other than lips moving he belches out some lines robotically. It's really weird and offputting.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Jaypeeh posted:

Has anyone noticed that whenever Batman is talking to someone in one of the non-storyline missions like responding to a firefighter, He both looks and sounds like a weird robot? His whole body is stiff and with no animation other than lips moving he belches out some lines robotically. It's really weird and offputting.
Yeah, that's how it's always been in the Arkham games, Batman turns into Batbot whenever he talks to an NPC. Wish they'd made him a bit more animated in this one.

In Arkham Asylum, you were able to move the camera up and down during these conversations, which was pretty amusing.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Jaypeeh posted:

He did that in every game and yes, it's extraordinarily creepy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Look, handling civvies is Dick or Tim's job.

Bruce is just here to beat up people and call the police.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

:catstare: STAY HERE. HELP IS ON THE WAY.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Doc Morbid posted:

:catstare: STAY HERE. HELP IS ON THE WAY.

I like when he said that to the guy he left on a roof.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's really odd how every criminal in the Arkham series is treated like a murderous monster more or less. I remember there was a guy in City who was threatened by Hush into bleaching a trail or something and Batman roughs him up and starts snarling at him for lying about the person he's looking for looking like Bruce Wayne even though an earlier political prisoner said the same thing.

I think it's exceptionally telling how Batman throws the fire chief and Stagg into the same cell as the supervillains.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If you didn't see them later at the station, I'd assume all of the firefighters just stayed there and were eventually killed by the thousands upon thousands of criminals, robots and tanks. I ain't seen no cops doing no rescues.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's really odd how every criminal in the Arkham series is treated like a murderous monster more or less.

To be fair, like 95% of them are.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Has anyone else experienced this annoying bug where textures are just... randomly low quality and other times not? Sometimes they pop into their normal quality, sometimes they don't. I've had entire rooms just be the ugly-as-gently caress super low quality color blobs and never go to normal quality despite me hanging out in them for quite some time. Like, the firefighter guys are literally always just wearing blue/yellow blobs and then halfway through the conversation boink here comes their outfit. I'm assuming that's the bug Rocksteady talked about in their future patch notes.

It seems to be a streaming issue, but making the recommended ini tweaks did not do anything to fix it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CJacobs posted:

Has anyone else experienced this annoying bug where textures are just... randomly low quality and other times not? Sometimes they pop into their normal quality, sometimes they don't. I've had entire rooms just be the ugly-as-gently caress super low quality color blobs and never go to normal quality despite me hanging out in them for quite some time. Like, the firefighter guys are literally always just wearing blue/yellow blobs and then halfway through the conversation boink here comes their outfit. I'm assuming that's the bug Rocksteady talked about in their future patch notes.

It seems to be a streaming issue, but making the recommended ini tweaks did not do anything to fix it.

I get that with random Penguin mooks. It's really weird.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's really odd how every criminal in the Arkham series is treated like a murderous monster more or less. I remember there was a guy in City who was threatened by Hush into bleaching a trail or something and Batman roughs him up and starts snarling at him for lying about the person he's looking for looking like Bruce Wayne even though an earlier political prisoner said the same thing.

I think it's exceptionally telling how Batman throws the fire chief and Stagg into the same cell as the supervillains.

C'mon man, they're only criminals, you can't start treating them like they're people. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alfred: Batman won't let those people die.
Batman: Alfred, like 80% of the population here are rapists and/or murders. Seriously. I've been hearing them confess it all night.

• Locked thread