Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

THEY KEEP COMING

quote:

The Gift of Tongues: At the start of the combat phase, Wulfrik can issue an indelicate challenge in his foe’s tongue if there is an enemy Hero within 3". Issue your opponent with a challenge of your own – you can be as mocking, rude or insulting as you dare; if your opponent rises to the bait and they change expression, even so much as crack a smile or a glimmer of shock, Wulfrik’s challenge is successful and you can re-roll failed hit rolls for any attacks he makes this phase against enemy Heroes.

Hooded Villain: A Great Moonclan’s Warboss is a mean-spirited villain whose
beady red eyes stare malevolently from beneath his hood before he launches his
attack. You can re-roll any hit dice when this Warboss attacks, but only if you are
either wearing a hood or you can beat your opponent in a staring contest before
rolling the dice (first one to blink or look away loses).

Mortarch of Night: If it is nighttime, or
you cannot see the sun, you can add 1 to all
hit and wound rolls for Gheistvor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
i

what

:dogbutton:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

FrostyPox posted:

Hey guys instead of making GBS threads in your food I shat on your floor please congratulate me for doing something new and different

I'll give you this: no-one foresaw something of this magnitude, even a day ago. The skills of GW to keep rumours at bay are insane, I mean, imagine how many people have seen this and refrained from leaking it. "Ok, this dude gives me a bonus if I wear a hoodie. Sounds alright, can't wait to play it at the store!".

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
Anyone else waiting for a female empire player to get hold that that mustache rule?

enrious
Jan 22, 2015
drat it, now I"m going to be glued to Yahoo Finance.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Age of Sigmar: Tell a 13 year old you hosed his mother and get re-rolls, GW Approved!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Cyclomatic posted:

Anyone else waiting for a female empire player to get hold that that mustache rule?

Rules doesn't say it has to be a real mustache. You can just bring a huge fake mustache, benefit from those sweet bonuses.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Age of Sigmar: A game for autistic 7 year olds

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

Age of Sigmar: A game for autistic 7 year olds

As the father of an autistic child, I find this offensive. He wouldn't ever come up with something this loving stupid.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This is so much worse than any of us imagined.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

GW finally broke Moola.

All it took was bonuses for complaining if you play dwarfs.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Cyclomatic posted:

I mean I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Games Workshop either didn't think of this or just actively doesn't want women playing their games, but it is kind of a cherry on top of what is already one of the stupidest mechanics I've ever seen in a professionally published game of any sort.

Fortunately, this game is totally incapable of being played under any circumstances anyway.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

are there rules for pretending to be a horse?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

lilljonas posted:

You can hide night goblin fanatics in a night goblin unit, and launch them out of the unit when you want. Nothing weird, but:

The fanatics can be an infinite number.

Watch me launch 500 fanatics out of a 20 goblin unit. I hope you brought lunch because this will take a while.

I would love to see that in action.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

frajaq posted:

Pretending to ride an invisible horse, yes.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

frajaq posted:

No, I think there's rules for pretending to ride an imaginary horse, but I'll have to reference the FAQ to see if

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

frajaq posted:

But of course. With all this horseshit, there's got to be a horse in there somewhere.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

HOLD ONTO YOUR loving BALLS ITS A NEW THING FROM GW?

e:a man dips his fingers in fetid rear end sweat and smears a line of it on my forehead.

"SIGMAR" he murmurs

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

frajaq posted:

The Mad Count: Marius Leitdorf is an exceptional swordsman, even if he is totally insane. If, during your hero phase, you pretend to ride an imaginary horse, you can re-roll failed hit rolls for the Averland Runefang until your next hero phase. If you actually talk to your imaginary horse you can re-roll failed wound rolls as well.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

How????

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

It's like the rules were written by that one overbearing DM that is way to into sexy roleplay

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just take a step back, this is clearly for little kids

Not even poo poo posting

Bigger models that are easy to paint, almost no rules, role playing poo poo while you play. This is cool if you are really really young.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Like, I don't think its possible to parody this anymore.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Little kids with fat wallets

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I thought we had seen all the absurdity that there was to see, but I wasn't ready for this.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

This is loving insanity.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

quote:

Braying Warcry: Red-hot rage festers in
the savage minds of Wargors, their only
desire to rend and destroy. You can add 1
to all hit rolls made for a Wargor if, before
rolling the dice, you let loose a primal
warcry. Your warcry must use no actual
words, but angry grunts and raging snorts
are encouraged.

I'm having a stroke

this can't be real

I'm having a stroke and this is my dying brain halloucinating

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Who called July 4th as the day GW died?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

FrostyPox posted:

I'm having a stroke

this can't be real

I'm having a stroke and this is my dying brain halloucinating

These are all 100% legit right? I haven't been led a fool?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Who called July 4th as the day GW died?

This is a historical day.

The day when 40K stopped being the bad GW game.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
Is this some sort of cunning plan to "support" the existing models while putting rules on them that will make nobody actually play with them, so they can just move on to new models?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

If you're playing against someone who's has Settra in their army you can instantly win by dropping the dice under the table forcing them to kneel.

This is an actual rule in this stupid game.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Cyclomatic posted:

Is this some sort of cunning plan to "support" the existing models while putting rules on them that will make nobody actually play with them, so they can just move on to new models?

This is the future

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

w00tmonger posted:

These are all 100% legit right? I haven't been led a fool?

It's all on the website, I poo poo you not, dear goon.

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-beastmen-en.pdf

Check "Wargor Standard Bearer"

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i am losing my mind

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I remember the days when the idea of round bases was the biggest fuckup we could imagine GW making with the new release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I just read the High Elf scrolls - and simply - it's amazing. The way heroes impact the army is brilliant.

I have played since 4th and when I look at 40k gaming tables I get green with envy at the beauty of the scenery. Terrain never interacted with the game in WFB. It mainly detracted from the game.

Now models will interact with the scenery simply and elegantly but I don't have to use laser guns .... I cannot wait to introduce my boys to this. They tell me the "rectangles" of men in WFB didn't look as cool as 40k.

Color me excited.

• Locked thread