Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Prison Warden posted:

Jolyne got into trouble because she picked up a guys wallet after he dropped it, he started freaking out and phoned the police when Jolyne tried to explain herself it didn't take so she jumped in his car to escape and immediately crashed it.

That's it. I should reread Stone Ocean again, it's been awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

BaDandy posted:

And she was already in jail or juvy or whatever before Stone Ocean because of said gang. If I remember right, she was on her way to getting her life back on track and going to college before she got framed. The only JoJo I can think of who's been in prison more often is maybe Joseph when he was being a lovely teen and getting into fights all the time, but I can't remember if I saw that on his profile or somewhere else. Something about him being arrested a ridiculous amount of times.

Yeah, Joseph's bio says he's been in jail 7 times on top of being expelled once from school. God drat.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Poor Erina.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Meanwhile, Joseph's son is an upstanding high school freshman who spends time hanging out with weird middle schoolers and even beats up attempted rapists. Good going, Josuke!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I wonder if Holly was a delinquent as a young woman and just got it all out of her system after she met Sadao.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want to see the light novel about Holly's childhood.

Please give me HoJo's Bizarre Hotel Adventure

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I bet Holly was real stoked to find out she had a brother thirty years her younger. A great role model for her cold son.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I want to see the light novel about Holly's childhood.

Please give me HoJo's Bizarre Hotel Adventure

"Papa, next you'll say "Holly, do you want an Ice Cream?"
"Holly, do you want an Ice Cream? AHHHHH"
"Yes, thank you Papa."
"... That's the 20th time this week."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Moltrey posted:

I bet Holly was real stoked to find out she had a brother thirty years her younger. A great role model for her cold son.

i want to see holly joestar visits morioh now.

also, thinking back, toth was on the money with jotaro's fate wasnt it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

minoru suzuki posted:

i want to see holly joestar visits morioh now.

Jojolion is for you!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Aurora posted:

Jojolion is for you!

im getting there!!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

minoru suzuki posted:

also, thinking back, toth was on the money with jotaro's fate wasnt it

Yeah, every time jotaro eats it it's the same way

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm about to reach the end of part 4. There was a discussion in the anime thread about how Part 5's translation right now isn't all that great, and how due to the nature of that part one could skip it and go to Part 6 (which apparently has a great translation), and then come back to 5 when the newer translation is complete. What are people's thoughts here about this?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm about to reach the end of part 4. There was a discussion in the anime thread about how Part 5's translation right now isn't all that great, and how due to the nature of that part one could skip it and go to Part 6 (which apparently has a great translation), and then come back to 5 when the newer translation is complete. What are people's thoughts here about this?

part 5 is more like a side story, in that subsequent parts don't really reference it much at all. Skipping straight to 6 won't make the series unintelligable, and you'll only be missing out on part 5 (which at this point is pretty unreadable thanks to the poo poo translation). I'd say wait on part 5 till the translations are finished and go ahead and read part 6

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd recommend reading Part 5 and just accepting that it's not super good. It's still mostly enjoyable and has its moments even in the bad translation. Skipping to Part 6 is perfectly fine though if you'd rather do it. As Condiv says, you don't miss anything huge from not having read Part 5 going in.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

From what I understand the Part 5 translation just makes poo poo up as it goes along. Apparently they changed their explanation for King Crimson all the drat time and that's the reason "how does King Crimson work?" turned into an in-joke.

Also they removed series staple stand battle cries, what's up with that.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I skipped it and read Part 5 last because of the bad translation, I'd say that's the way to go. It's certainly readable, and the fights are still interesting and exciting, but the characters are written flat and boring, so without a better translation, it's the weakest arc in English.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

imo give it a shot and if you don't like it jump to 6. there's a lot of really good poo poo in there

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

It's worth mentioning that English speaking countries are literally the only places where part 5 isn't considered top-tier JoJo, just to hammer home how loving dire the translation is.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Please support all Jojo's that are brought over to the west

None of this money goes to araki or manga or anime, stop buying lovely video games because you want more lovely jojo games brought over

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would buy a copy of Eyes of Heaven if it was explicitly stated that if it sells 250,000 copies they'll release the DiU manga over here, but I'd still feel bad about it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Beef Chief posted:

None of this money goes to araki or manga or anime, stop buying lovely video games because you want more lovely jojo games brought over

You can't stop me.

Being broke will stop me.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just play heritage to the future on fightcade. It's even got young joseph, and he has a dedicated clacker button.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

One thing Eyes of Heaven will have that other Jojo games don't is DIO and Petshop tag teaming.

Game looks like poo poo but I love poo poo as long if they improve the sound design in that terrible first demo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Dub previews! Some Speedwagon and Joseph has a British accent

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Speedwagon sounds like The Bosche to me.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm excited to get home so I can listen to these.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Okay this dub is gonna own

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I am so ready for British punching of vampires.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's this too though :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/DemiFiendRSA/status/617088800150257664?s=09

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Is that JYB as Jonathon? I'm cool with that.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Parts 1-3 sort of work on their owns as a conclusive story but it would suck to not get Part 4 :(

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Aurora posted:

Parts 1-3 sort of work on their owns as a conclusive story but it would suck to not get Part 4 :(

That would be worst than the Hannibal cancellation news.
:( I need animated Josuke and Okuyasu in my life.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Thanks for all the opinions on part 5's translation. I think I'm going to skip it for now and go for part 6.

I finished part 4! That was really good. Not quite as epic or sprawling as part 3, but just as fun to see. Part 4 had some amazing stand fights, I really see what people mean by stands coming into their own around this point. I still think Kars is the best villain in the series, but Kira was definitely interesting. I'm slightly disappointed in how the final fight wrapped up, but what actually happened was interesting anyway.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

The last fight in part 4 is great because it shines the spotlight on our TRUE heroes, Morioh Emergency Services :japan:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Also I guess that one guy really was an alien??

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I really like the last fight of part 4 because everyone contributes and plays a part in Kira's defeat, including Morioh itself basically. It's probably my favourite final fight in the series.'

Edit:

Who knows, you must come to your own conclusions.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Also from that panel, Bryce Pappenbrook was announced as Caesar, unless it's old news and I just missed it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Dio will probably always be my favorite Jojo villain, but Kira's a solid second-place contender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

We already have vampires, zombies, ghosts and aztec fitness gods, so why not aliens?