Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Lets see if I am understanding this stuff correctly.

In Part 4 everyone who isn't a Joestar developed their stand from being hit by one of the two Stand arrows. (Except maybe the invisible baby and possibly Mikitaka). Nice and simple, and a neat explanation as to why so many stand users are in one small town during the story.

In Part 6, however, it varies up quite a bit. Jolyne and Hermes get their stands from a fragment of the stand arrow Jotaro gives Jolyne. Emporio and Annasui seem to be born Stand users, like Kakyoin and Polnareff were, either that or Diver Down developed from Annasui's obsession with taking things apart. Pucci gets White Snake from the arrowhead Dio gave him, and family bonding gave Weather Report his stand too at the same time. The guard with the meteor Stand seemed to develop his Stand mid-fight, possibly due to Survivor's influence, and the old dude developed Dragon Dream by drinking his own piss for 50 years. Dio's kids were all potential Stand users, and Pucci helped them fully discover this fact.

Everyone else, in Part 6, got their stand by Pucci sticking someone else's Stand Disc into their head, to keep Stand users in the prison, guard his discs and so on. I like the variation Part 6 presents here. by having Stand users from all kinds of backgrounds appear he's helping establish Stands are being a kind of universal thing that can be developed a number of ways, which I like.

e: vv I'm a big dummy!

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Prison Warden posted:

and a neat explanation as to why so many stand users are

Are...?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Prison Warden posted:

Lets see if I am understanding this stuff correctly.

In Part 4 everyone who isn't a Joestar developed their stand from being hit by one of the two Stand arrows. (Except maybe the invisible baby and possibly Mikitaka). Nice and simple, and a neat explanation as to why so many stand users are in one small town during the story.

Nope. Tonio and a few others were never hit by the stand. So many stand users are in the same town because it's explained that stand users are naturally drawn to each other.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
THIS DUB IS loving GODLIKE

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The comments in the Joseph one are saying it's horrible

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
they're wrong, gently caress them

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ben owns as Joseph but Sugita is Joseph in my heart.

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"
Super excited that the dub is good, but I really liked the Stardust Crusaders dub from last year, so I expected good things from Bang Zoom.

Any news on if Stardust Crusaders is getting a full dub finally???

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We'll probably get more word on it after the first series is out on dvd for a while.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Joseph sounds a lot more... proper than I would have imagined. Also more British.

Something about his inflection on that line makes me think 'amateur fandub', and I'm not entirely sure what.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Joseph should sound like a chav.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

WickedHate posted:

Nope. Tonio and a few others were never hit by the stand. So many stand users are in the same town because it's explained that stand users are naturally drawn to each other.

yeah, an interesting thing about tonio is that he was basically so good at doing something he really enjoyed that he basically developed a stand built entirely around it. it ties in a lot with the whole 'potential' thing, especially if you think of the arrow as just something that jumpstarts the process.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYCk2udVFvo

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDScdHEUw4 (Note: Part 6 Spoilers)

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun

This should be the ED credits for pt 6.

So beautiful!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

What is it (blocked in my country).

edit: is it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvrlgvjdBlY

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jul 4, 2015

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun

Kurtofan posted:

What is it (blocked in my country).

edit: is it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvrlgvjdBlY

Yes!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a 0.0% chance that the dudes in charge of Part 4 are going to confirm DiU to an audience of English speaking JoJo fans.
This means nothing at all. It's like when they call up a company about some rumoured tech and they say "we don't comment on rumours" or "we have nothing to announce at this time".

The dub isn't for me.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The dub is a bit disappointing. JYB does not do a very good impression of an English accent at all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The accents being bad is part of why it's great.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The vids were so distorted I could barely hear anything except jonathan talking anyway

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dub is gonna own, and it'll give me an excuse to continue watching Jojo in the inevitably long hiatus until part 4 comes out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really hope they upload some clips from the episodes they aired because it's gonna be really awful only having tinny audio to go on for the next months or so for what voices sound like.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The problem with the accents being bad English accents is that when you're actually English, they're not so bad it's good, it's just bad. I'd probably think it's pretty good if I could get past that. I hope it's really well done as a whole though for people who are into it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo, I just realized: The stone mask is the stand of one of the Pillar Men.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Stop

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Boo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone spliced together the Bluray and existing dub clips from the reveal yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lghg0-H1-CM

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
While rereading Steel Ball Run, I'm trying to parse the (near of part 7 spoilers) who shot Johnny Joestar section. I realize this is probably an exercise in frustration, but still.

This is my best shot at making this clusterfuck make sense, with knowing how D4C works in hindsight:

We'll say Universe A is the World Where Everything Is Based, and all other universes are just arbitrary lettering designations for the sake of keeping track of things.
Valentine from Universe A gets into the flag in order to gently caress with Diego A. Valentine B hides in the American Flag so that he can ambush Wekapipo B. Valentine C enters Universe A and approaches Gyro, distracting Johnny before slipping behind a tree into some other universe.

Valentine D gets between Johnny and Gyro's horses to move to Universe A, where he comes out and shoots Johnny.

We cut to Wekapipo chapters, but we don't know that this is actually Universe B. Wekapipo B gets attacked by Valentine B from behind the flag - we see D4C during this encounter, so we know it was in fact Valentine who pounced on him. Wekapipo B shoots at Valentine B, who brings him to Universe C, where he shoots Johnny C. We see Wekapipo move away towards the horses and flag where various Valentines are hiding, and he slams his back to the wall. During this time, he is moved to Universe A, but we don't know it happens.

Meanwhile, Diego A sees Wekapipo A point a gun at him, and pounces. They struggle in the flag as they fall, and Diego A shoots and kills Wekapipo A - WE SEE THIS HAPPEN. As the confusion settles down, Valentine A removes Wekapipo A's corpse, leading Diego A to believe HE shot and killed Johnny. As this happens, Wekapipo B is moved to Universe A (we hear both of his shoes clack at once on the ground), leading Diego A to further believe it was actually Johnny that he shot. Diego A has the corpse part and thinks he shot Johnny, whereas Wekapipo B is now in Universe A, having actually shot the wrong Johnny and never saw Diego A around Johnny at all.

Finally, Valentine mixes up all the children from the various universe so that they add to the confusion.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Aurain posted:

Someone spliced together the Bluray and existing dub clips from the reveal yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lghg0-H1-CM
I can't tell who Dio is. He sounds to me kind of like Liam O'Brien, meaning he probably isn't Liam O'Brien. Though I wouldn't mind Liam O'Brien, since he already voiced Dio in Virtue's Last Reward.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's Patrick Seitz, same as the Part 3 test. He's confirmed that on twitter independently too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, that's pretty obviously Seitz sounding less sinister than he did as Part 3 Dio, naturally.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I think Speedwagon is Keith Silverstein, Erina is Michelle Ruff, I didn't hear Smokey's voice well enough to piece together who he is, and Straizo is probably Dave Mallow.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

dub sounds good, hype remains got

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Reserving judgement until I hear awaken my masters :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't even imagine what the Pillar Men are gonna sound like if they're giving accents to characters, because Smokey has a loving brooklyn accent and they're going whole hog on making these characters have these silly accents.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Smokey sounds like Lowenthal to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

I can't even imagine what the Pillar Men are gonna sound like if they're giving accents to characters, because Smokey has a loving brooklyn accent and they're going whole hog on making these characters have these silly accents.

I thought you were against the idea of silly accents

That speedwagon sounds great tho