Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bean
Sep 9, 2001
ITT post your cheering section

Also, I've had nothing but Cat versus Dog and have curb stomped dogs each time. I thought maybe Team Dog wasn't up yet.

Bean fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
Got to cat king and don't think I saw any cat vs cat games, though I might not have payed enough attention to notice.

it feels good to be the king

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Everdraed posted:

Got to cat king and don't think I saw any cat vs cat games, though I might not have payed enough attention to notice.

If you don't have color locked you'll notice it because instead of orange and teal you'll get different colors

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I keep getting communication errors and only match against other dog teams. Still have yet to fight the inferior cat team.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

splattin cats for dog and country :patriot: :woof:

Been running into some really egregious lag though, I somehow got splatted by an inkstrike that didn't actually happen as far as I could tell, which was a first, and my shots were going directly through a Dynamo Roller player long enough for him to turn to me, wind up, and hit me with his flick shot.

Later on I think I figured out what happened with the inkstrike, when I saw a patch of ground suddenly change into an explosion pattern, followed by an inkstrike signal and explosion 10 seconds later.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I want to own this game someday, and when I do I'll post with you guys, but for now I'm dropping in to say go Team Cat.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

raditts posted:

splattin cats for dog and country :patriot: :woof:

Been running into some really egregious lag though, I somehow got splatted by an inkstrike that didn't actually happen as far as I could tell, which was a first, and my shots were going directly through a Dynamo Roller player long enough for him to turn to me, wind up, and hit me with his flick shot.

Later on I think I figured out what happened with the inkstrike, when I saw a patch of ground suddenly change into an explosion pattern, followed by an inkstrike signal and explosion 10 seconds later.

I hope that's cropped because a win, first place on the team, and 366 points with an Aero RG is :psyduck:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

It's 1366. I'm bad at taking pictures, apparently.

Bean posted:

Also, I've had nothing but Cat versus Dog and have curb stomped dogs each time. I thought maybe Team Dog wasn't up yet.

Pretty much every Dog vs. Cat match I've had has been an easy victory as well, except for cases of extreme lag or when we start the match down 1-2 people. Or when you get teamed up with inkbrush users who spend the whole match painting over your own color near the spawn, which may as well be starting down 1-2 people.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Just went up against an all 20 cat team where they all had bubbler. And we had 2 people doing nothing but ocd inking out spawn.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

just had a 4 dogs v 1 cat - why does it start games like that?

and now 4v3

(and now I'm stuck in a broken lobby - wtf Nintendo - I thought this was supposed to be fixed)

Deceptive Thinker fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 4, 2015

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Me and my loyal, fun-loving Team Dog pals are consistently having to wait for the lazy, furball-hacking Team Cat to get its collective poo poo together and form a team.

Also, between the passing train and quasi-holiday atmosphere of the Splatfest hub, this game is BEGGING for Animal Crossing integration.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Achieved Dog King rating in about ~4 hours of gameplay today. I learned how to play Dynamo Roller in the process! However, I would have no idea how to play it without the sprinkler. How do people play the gold variant?

Also, I'm extremely bad with the regular rollers now. My timing is completely off.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I was just 1 cat vs 4 dogs. Lost but got 1600 pts!

I've probably won 15/20 with cats this morning overall. Seems a good mix, not too many weird team sizes.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Well I finally reached Dog king in my catpaign against those feline lovers. Now I'm just gonna paws the game and take a break.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
In a few hours the Twisted Squidsters are going to show those drat pop-loving freaks how to rock :rock:.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I went 11 and 4, what do you people squids want? I'm not good enough to carry an entire team going 2 and 8! :argh:

Anyway, Judd pointed out that the reticule changes when you jump, so again, Judd tutorial is best tutorial.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Just had a match where it when my Dog team was all girls, fighting against a Cat team of all boys. Struck me as kind of funny when I saw the results.

Of course, we trounced them. Go Dogs!

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Reached Cat Champion just now, will continue the grind for Cat King after I've gotten some lunch.

Most of my matches have been wins so far. The only memorable loss I had was when two of my teammates disconnected while the other team still had all four. Are the dogs DDoSing the cats or something?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Does anybody have the list of official rankings and point totals? Love to know how close I am to becoming King Cat!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Have to take a break because my gamepad battery is running out of juice. I'm up to 60-something/99.

I haven't had any instances where I've gone up against my fellow cat-lovers, though I have had a few matches where one or the other team was down a member.

The one time it was my team that was down, we only lost by 3%. Three measly percentage points. We almost won with a 3vs4. Team Dog should be ashamed.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I'm glad everybody is thrown into the same pool, all these terrible noob children are doing wonders to pad Team Cat's victory.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Man, gently caress Kelp Dome. It's above and beyond the worst Turf War stage. I can see it being alright for ranked matches where there's an actual objective but playing it in Turf War is so aggressively unfun.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, lovely teammates really stress me out in Splatfest and I can totally laugh it off in ranked. Good job making me give a poo poo for some reason, Nintendo

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kaubocks posted:

Man, gently caress Kelp Dome. It's above and beyond the worst Turf War stage. I can see it being alright for ranked matches where there's an actual objective but playing it in Turf War is so aggressively unfun.

Your opinion is wrong Kelp Dome is a good map. :colbert:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Astro7x posted:

Does anybody have the list of official rankings and point totals? Love to know how close I am to becoming King Cat!

Fanboy/Fangirl - 0 (2 snails, you lazy arse)
Defender - 10 (3 snails)
Fiend - 25 (35 total) (5 snails)
Champion - 50 (85 total) (8 snails)
King/Queen - 99 (184 total) (12 snails, you no-life)

Snail numbers double if your team wins the Splatfest.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm no artist, but drawing puppies for splatfest has been far too fun.

NNID: bonburd

Friend me so we can splat. Yeah my dogs.

Catgoons and Doggoons welcome!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

SL the Pyro posted:

Defender - 10 (3 snails)

At a minimum of 2 splatfest points for each match, and 3 minute matches that takes 276 minutes of play time, or 4.6 hours of splatoon at the most.

Less for each win, where you get +3.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

In a few hours the Twisted Squidsters are going to show those drat pop-loving freaks how to rock :rock:.

We are going to rock.
And they are going to pop.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Deviant posted:

At a minimum of 2 splatfest points for each match, and 3 minute matches that takes 276 minutes of play time, or 4.6 hours of splatoon.

It's apparently possible to get 5 points per match if you get more than 400bp and win. Or something.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bean posted:

Dogs drool, but they also rule.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Trent posted:

Wow, lovely teammates really stress me out in Splatfest and I can totally laugh it off in ranked. Good job making me give a poo poo for some reason, Nintendo

If you lose in Splatfest, your dog/cat will die :colbert:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Sorry Team Cat, we pushed your poo poo back to your base and only allowed you guys one kill the entire game.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Szmitten posted:

It's apparently possible to get 5 points per match if you get more than 400bp and win. Or something.

Ahhh so that's why it says 400p next to the +2 - I was wondering why it didn't add 400 points to my total

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

Have to take a break because my gamepad battery is running out of juice. I'm up to 60-something/99.

I haven't had any instances where I've gone up against my fellow cat-lovers, though I have had a few matches where one or the other team was down a member.

The one time it was my team that was down, we only lost by 3%. Three measly percentage points. We almost won with a 3vs4. Team Dog should be ashamed.

Actually had a run where we were down 1 person and still won by a landslide. Someone named Kit just wrecked the other team with a basic splattershot and had 17 splats by the end of it. Godspeed you amazing team dog member.

SL the Pyro posted:

Defender - 10 (3 snails)

suppsoedly champion and king/queen on the losing teams will get more more after the update. don't know exactly how much though.

Szmitten posted:

+3 points for a win, adding up to 5.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My girlfriend won 23 matches in a row earlier and is now a Cat Queen. Suck it dogs!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

According to Judd this was only 85%. I find his math skills questionable.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I wish I could get over +5 one day...

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

raditts posted:

According to Judd this was only 85%. I find his math skills questionable.

Team Cat bias exposed

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

And europe is a go. Lets pop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
NPR's "Wait wait don't tell me" quiz is splatfest animal themed today, so hopefully there will be plenty of questions about squids.

• Locked thread