Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
How does Sony get so many titles for the PSN and many of which are 20 year old games?

Just replicate that but for Nintendo ones. I mean geez Microsoft got a team to emulate the N64 on the Xbox One and in HD resolution too. I mean the Xbox One has like the same amount or more N64 games out for it than an actual Nintendo system at this point. Blast Corps., Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, Banjo kazooie, Banjo Tooie, and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hey anybody remember that one time they announced Super Mario Bros 3 from the NES for the Virtual Console at one E3 and it still hadn't come out by the next E3?

Nintendon't care, and they probably have three people max working on all VC games, excepting situations like when they made the Ambassador games work but just barely.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Itagaki is ready.

quote:

Dear Media Friends,

We’ve been asked many times about Devil’s Third for a long time and we’ve felt sorry that we couldn’t respond to such requests.
Thank you very much for your patience and waiting for our game.

The time has finally come.

Now, we're ready to answer to questions from you and your readers.
So, please send us your questions to the following E-mail address.

info@valhallagamestudios.com

Itagaki will try to provide exclusive information to you if you promise to never cut or omit his words to be featured in your article.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Valhalla Game Studios

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Itagaki is ready.

quote:

Itagaki will try to provide exclusive information to you if you promise to never cut or omit his words to be featured in your article.

Oh good, he's still butthurt about that.

e: It could be a joke but it seems too..I dunno, real I guess.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Itagaki is never joking, he takes his poo poo hella serious

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I mean, it is a legitimate concern.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

reminder that as soon as itagaki left the company, they made DOA5 without him which is now the best in the series

and it just burns him up too, he can't wait to go 'save' kasumi from them when this game is done

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

"Best game in titty fighter series" doesn't seem like a high bar to clear tbh

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played much DoA other than when it was on PS+ a couple of years ago but I think there's supposed to be a decent amount of depth to it with the whole hold/throw/strike thing it's got going on (And I guess if it's anything like any other 3D fighter then knowing frame data is probably a big deal at the higher levels)

I guess it's kind of hard to take it seriously when their clothes fall off between rounds and they're doing crossovers with Senran Kagura though

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess it's kind of hard to take it seriously when their clothes fall off between rounds and they're doing crossovers with Senran Kagura though

Very much so, even if their clothes don't fall off as far as I know. But I've had a lot of fun with the free version, playing with friends. It's not the deepest fighting game around, but it's fun and there's more to it than you might think.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Dead or Alive 5 is a bit better and has more depth to it than the previous games because some of the Virtua Fighter developers helped out in the development. It's still got plenty of anime titty ninjas as is series tradition but the fighting itself is pretty solid.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DoA is decent if you enjoy fighting games casually. The T&A is dumb but at least it's not Rumble Roses.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I want a new Rumble Roses.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I want a new Extreme Beach Volleyball

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

PRADA SLUT posted:

I want a new Extreme Beach Volleyball

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/doa-volleyball-xtreme-to-come-after-dead-or-alive-5-last-round/

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

A DoA Volleyball game but instead of the girls the only person on the island is Bass

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
can't wait for the touch screen incorporation

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I thought Kickstarter had more quality control now when accepting submissions than this.

quote:

Zero Gravity AX will be the spirituel successor of the fastest and most iconic racing games of all time.

See also: The literal Blue Falcon being showcased. I almost don't want to believe it's an actual Kickstarter project and that instead it's some avant-garde piece of art. Like whoever put it up can't actually be serious can they?

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Viewtiful Jew posted:

See also: The literal Blue Falcon being showcased.

uhh look a little closer, it's clearly the Cool Falcon

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Whatever the NX winds up being it better drat well have a big plastic handle on it so I can carry it places and possibly commit murder.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The NX is just a hand gun with a picture of Mario carrying the rebel flag on it, sells 50 million units. Technically it can play GTA6.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

g0lbez posted:

uhh look a little closer, it's clearly the Cool Falcon

"Okay! Present to me your abilities!"

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

A DoA Volleyball game but instead of the girls the only person on the island is Bass

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Kickstarter...quality control...

Lol

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

elf help book posted:

I want a new Def Jam by AKI. Nintendo has AKI doing Style Savvy games.

Obviously we need them to make a Style Savvy wrestling game, design your costumes and become a face or heel. Wrestle your way to the top and look good while doing it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

50 Cent Blood on the Sand HD port only on Wii U.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Jarogue posted:

Use the Wii U gamepad to wipe accumulated blood off the screen! Now with 1-to-1 real-time motion-controlled diamond-covered skull shaking!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Jarogue posted:

You could swear into the Wii U gamepad microphone instead of pressing the dedicated swear button.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

style savvy owns. when are we getting the new one?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

japtor posted:

I want a new Def Jam by AKI. Nintendo has AKI doing Style Savvy games.
I hear you. I also love their Ultimate Muscle wrestling games.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Do I finish 3D World (and by extension, get back into Kart/Smash and more Splatoon), spend £25 on Smash and Kart DLC, or spend £25 on Art Academy.

Who's fiddled with Art Academy? Anyone wanna share their speedpaints?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Szmitten posted:

Do I finish 3D World (and by extension, get back into Kart/Smash and more Splatoon), spend £25 on Smash and Kart DLC, or spend £25 on Art Academy.

Who's fiddled with Art Academy? Anyone wanna share their speedpaints?

Are you asking if you should buy buy Smash Bros + Mario Kart 8 DLC or WiiU Drawing Tablet Game? I feel like this isn't a difficult choice

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Are you asking if you should buy buy Smash Bros + Mario Kart 8 DLC or WiiU Drawing Tablet Game? I feel like this isn't a difficult choice

On the other hand, 3 characters and 2 stages and 16 tracks for games I haven't touched for a bit but intend to, or I can learn to draw and upload to Youtube and use the touchscreen for something for once :v:

They're all inevitable purchases really, but fuuuuuck they all cost quite a bit and I need to feel better about spending £50 on a bunch of non-physical stuff.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Macaluso posted:

If you're suggesting that art academy doesn't loving own, I've got news for you, buddy

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Congrats to team dog for winning the first NA splatfest.

Am I the only one who pretends Spyke is Super Hans from Peep Show?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have a Wii U that I've criminally underused so far and put almost no hours into so I've picked up Splatoon, Mario 3D world, and Mario Kart, and Earthbound on VC

what other games should I get (including VC games)

I've had smash for a while but im bad at it

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Eonwe posted:

I have a Wii U that I've criminally underused so far and put almost no hours into so I've picked up Splatoon, Mario 3D world, and Mario Kart, and Earthbound on VC

You should check out the first few videos in this let's play to see if Wonderful 101 looks like your kinda thing. Because it's great if you're in to that sort of thing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

bayo and w101

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Just pick up splatoon and play it man

• Locked thread