Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VJeff posted:

Ain't no rule says you can't destroy a castle's flotation ring.

Pretty sure you have to have the futuristic 3D Battlefield Hardware with the expansion flamethrowers and cuffs for the ruling to be in effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Xoidanor posted:

Pretty sure you have to have the futuristic 3D Battlefield Hardware with the expansion flamethrowers and cuffs for the ruling to be in effect.

Or you could make stuff like that up on the spot and see if your opponent buys into the absurdity of it.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Has anyone turned up to these tournaments wearing the children's plastic duel disk and tried to play with it.

Part of me wants to see that top down camera trying to record that duel.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

Has anyone turned up to these tournaments wearing the children's plastic duel disk and tried to play with it.

Part of me wants to see that top down camera trying to record that duel.

We had one kid in our locals who showed up with two broken dueldisks that were covered in an inch of dust and grime and wanted to pawn them off.

Actually, I think it's kinda impossible to use the duel disks in tournaments. It's apparently hard to fit even 40 card decks in them and you cannot use card sleeves because the cards will be too wide.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

And where the hell would you put the Pendulum cards?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I thought I remembered hearing that the later versions of the toy were big enough for sleeves.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

http://ygorganization.com/ocg-new-entermageperformage/

This is EXACTLY what Performages needed to work as a pure deck. I love it.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I'm surprised that no TCG company has got around to an AR app for a phone. Sure there's a lot of cards to cover, but even something that just had the 'iconic' cards would be really cool.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

http://ygorganization.com/ocg-new-entermageperformage/

This is EXACTLY what Performages needed to work as a pure deck. I love it.

Power creep: the card.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Uh, the card looks pretty medium to me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Slur posted:

Power creep: the card.

Slur, I love ya, but...you're joking, right?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

Not exactly. Think of things this way: it's a searcher. And it can be used again. And again. And again. And again. The special summon condition also makes it so that the card doesn't care about levels. I'm not sure what its support is, but that's a pretty heavy jump from our one-time searching cards.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's neutralized by any sort of non destruction removal and Entermages don't have anything beefy enough to require a level or ATK restriction. Settle down, Slur.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What do you mean doesn't care about levels? They're all level 4, it'd be redundant.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

He's kinda right, clownblade has already proven that the entermages are too generic and now they have one of the best level 4 searchers in the game.

Dabir posted:

What do you mean doesn't care about levels? They're all level 4, it'd be redundant.

Isn't there the stilts shooter level 5 thingy? Maybe it'll be less garbage now.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I don't think an archetype that further empowers the Rank 4 toolbox approach is what the game needs right now.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Shark and Castel need to get banned or limited so bad.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paradoxGentleman posted:

I don't think an archetype that further empowers the Rank 4 toolbox approach is what the game needs right now.

Where is my L/R12 archetype Konami :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://ygorganization.com/igknightkouitten/

Worst archetype in the game is getting more support! :v:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

That flavor text is really, really bad. This lore is awful. Send it back.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

That flavor text is really, really bad. This lore is awful. Send it back.

I was just about to post this: I don't expect brilliant worldbuilding from Yu-Gi-Oh! of all things but you can't propose something like this to an international market in TYOOL 2015.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They tend to change flavor text for the TCG, so.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The fact that that is considered acceptable in Japan is still worrying.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

The fact that that is considered acceptable in Japan is still worrying.

it's flavor text from a children's card game

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

dogsicle posted:

it's flavor text from a children's card game

Children are going to read that and think that women that join male-dominated need or deserve to coddled.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

Children are going to read that and think that women that join male-dominated need or deserve to coddled.

What.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

please stop consuming tumblr social justice rhetoric, it is bad.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Foolishly I shall let all who read this know that I have High Functioning Autism. Please forgive me if I do something rather stupid.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Children's (and adult's, to a lesser scale) view of the world is influenced by the media they consume. If a thousand ads, cartoons, comics and card games all tell them that it's weird that a girl joins in a typically masculine thing, they are going to grow up with the idea that it really is weird.

Can't get into this more at the moment.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 4, 2015

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I mean, it's real bad and gross, but you're not gonna bring feminism to Japan by getting mad about a children's card game. I don't even know if this is reflective of Japanese attitudes towards women in the military, or just a particularly lovely lore writer.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I probably won't, but I can at least let this influence my choices regarding who gets my well-earned cash and express my disapproval. That is enough until I am in a position to do something else.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

I probably won't, but I can at least let this influence my choices regarding who gets my well-earned cash and express my disapproval. That is enough until I am in a position to do something else.

You should write a letter to Konami expressing your disapproval.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Pssssh. You guys are gonna feel so silly when they realize the badass upgraded Derringer that owns all your stupid Qli Nekroz bullshit. :rolleyes:

paradoxGentleman posted:

Let's not lose track of the real problem, here. Entermages aren't the problem, they're just a symptom. Number 101, Castel and Ptolemaeus are the disease.

paradoxGentleman posted:

lol, jesus christ.

Seriously though, the joke is that Igknights destroy their allies with their Pendulum effects, but it gives them advantage, so it's not a big problem. R-E-L-A-X.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 4, 2015

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

paradoxGentleman posted:

They're from Japan. I don't think you need to worry about this.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Marik vs Pegasus VA duel if you're like me and missed the stream.

It was everything I hoped it would be.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Are close clear back sleeves?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://ygorganization.com/blackhornwillneverbefixedintcg/

Great Horn of Heaven needs to be hit.

The drat thing isn't even out and it needs to be hit.

What the hell, Konami. :stare:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That Devil Eagle nerf tho.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Dexie posted:

http://ygorganization.com/blackhornwillneverbefixedintcg/

Great Horn of Heaven needs to be hit.

The drat thing isn't even out and it needs to be hit.

What the hell, Konami. :stare:

Clearly, Konami wants everyone to stop playing monsters and make the game Chain Burn all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Nah, my Yosenju and Hunder decks love that card.