Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

PaganGoatPants posted:

KEANU REEVES: Knock Knock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti6S3NZ5mKI

"Chocolate with sprinkles?!"

How does he go from John Wick to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Immortan posted:

You overestimate the cultural cachet John Wick carries, and seem weirdly sure that film is bad.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Is Statham really worth that much anymore? It feels like half the stuff I see him in is DTV nowadays.

He was the main villain the 4th-highest-grossing film of all time earlier this year

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

PaganGoatPants posted:

I get a weird comedy vibe, but it sounds like it's supposed to be a horror movie? Like Gremlins with adultery or something?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Jenny Angel posted:

He was the main villain the 4th-highest-grossing film of all time earlier this year
Physics? I thought he just played that Shaw dude. :shepface:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Is Statham really worth that much anymore? It feels like half the stuff I see him in is DTV nowadays.

That should tell you how little they were trying to pay him if he turned it down.

As for John Wick, it is still a little too soon for its effects to be fully known but the character is becoming a cultural thing seeing as the game Payday 2 had DLC with a branded John Wick skin.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

anticake posted:

I get a weird comedy vibe, but it sounds like it's supposed to be a horror movie? Like Gremlins with adultery or something?

I did, too. Maybe all Eli Roth joints are supposed to be comedies.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

He might not be pulling in megabucks, but he built that franchise. It doesn't really work without him and despite the fancy stuff they pulled in the trailer it just looks so lackluster. Statham is a solid actor and he knows enough to stick to action films or comedy stuff like the Spy where he adds something to the movie, or at least doesn't drag it down. The new main dude looks like a slightly buffed up Abercrombie model. At least Statham had some presence and could actually fight, which meant that the fight scenes were at least the price of admission.

Immortan posted:

This looks terrible, but it's Eli Roth, what else would you expect?

Reeves is at a point in his career where he can do whatever he wants. Yeah this will suck, but if making forgettable, crap movies is what it takes to finance another Man of Tai Chi or whatever, so be it.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 5, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just watched a trailer for the new Werner Herzog movie and man, that is a bad loving trailer.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"You have been summoned!"
"No one summons me!"

"You will not leave."
"Yes I will"

:lol:

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.

muscles like this? posted:

As for John Wick, it is still a little too soon for its effects to be fully known but the character is becoming a cultural thing seeing as the game Payday 2 had DLC with a branded John Wick skin.

That was a (really good) marketing tie-in with the movie, the skin was released before the movie came out. There was also a deal that if you bought Payday 2 you got a free ticket for John Wick.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Lol, Daario from Game of Thrones opted out of an amazing tv series to star in........................ that?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He probably made a lot more money to do so.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Deakul posted:

Lol, Daario from Game of Thrones opted out of an amazing tv series to star in........................ that?

It'll be a good Red Box choice at some point.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Deakul posted:

Lol someone decided to drop out of a TV show for the starring roll in a multi-million dollar movie franchise

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

GonSmithe posted:

Lol someone decided to drop out of a TV show for the starring roll in a multi-million dollar movie franchise

...this will most likely be a flop; especially with it known that Stathom didn't return due to stingy studio bullshit (it looks terrible regardless). GoT is much more of a household name and would've been steady recognition & employment for him.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Immortan posted:

...this will most likely be a flop; especially with it known that Stathom didn't return due to stingy studio bullshit. GoT is much more of a household name and would've been steady recognition & employment for him.

Besson makes things cheap, they'll probably make their money back regardless.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

All I could see was AUDI AUDI AUDI AUDI LOOK AT THIS AUDI DO poo poo

almost IRobot levels of Audi in that trailer

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIw0yX8gIs4

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah, Game of Thrones is some dumb poo poo that no one cares about compared to a reboot of a series that died with the original sequel.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, Game of Thrones is some dumb poo poo that no one cares about compared to a reboot of a series that died with the original sequel.

I mean, prestige projects are nice and all, but gently caress that run me my money.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Being part of a cast of 30+ regular characters or having the lead role in a different show, hmmhm. No one is going to deny the risk of quitting a very successful series, but even if this show doesn't get renewed he is going to get more screentime in a string of episodes than he would have gotten in 3 or 4 seasons of GoT altogether. It wouldn't be spread out over several years too. He is probably going to get more auditions and casting calls from this move.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 6, 2015

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Immortan posted:

More importantly, why do people keep giving Eli Roth money to make movies?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

ozmunkeh posted:

More importantly, why do people keep giving Eli Roth money to make movies?

Because he's a known and liked (if controversial) director who has made a profit on everything he's directed, all of which is relatively low budget since it's horror.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

PaganGoatPants posted:

I have a feeling this movie is going to be a whole lot different then the trailer but it's cut to make it feel like John Wick which pretty much everyone whose seen it likes (he even has a little puppy to be killed again)

I wonder how long the script for this movie sat around?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sbaldrick posted:

I wonder how long Katherine Heigl sat around for a script?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Goosebumps trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cn716jv61s

Very much for kids that feels very Jumanji-esque, although I'm kinda surprised how little Jack Black there was in the trailer. I'm not saying it's going to be good, but I can see it as the sort of movie some 10 year old watches and feels nostalgic for in 10-20 years.

Do kids even still read Goosebumps?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

Goosebumps trailer:

Very much for kids that feels very Jumanji-esque, although I'm kinda surprised how little Jack Black there was in the trailer. I'm not saying it's going to be good, but I can see it as the sort of movie some 10 year old watches and feels nostalgic for in 10-20 years.

I wish it was more creepy / scary and not Jumanji

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

He's still writing them, so I guess so? They're "spin-off series" now though, whatever that means; the original run of books that I assume we all grew up with and associate with the Goosebumps name ended in 1997.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Rurea posted:

I wish it was more creepy / scary and not Jumanji

This is a movie for kids.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

So is The Plague Dogs.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

So was the TV show but that scared the hell out of me.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So is The Plague Dogs.

Try to find an example more recent than 30 years ago.

Rurea posted:

So was the TV show but that scared the hell out of me.

The TV show is incredibly campy and this is going to be a lot closer to that than some sort of edgy horror film.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Yeah Goosebumps was pretty much always horror themed YA adventure fiction.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The only thing I remember about Goosebumps is a book about a hamster that eats some green goo and suddenly becomes a Godzilla-sized beast.

Or something like that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

GrandpaPants posted:

Goosebumps trailer:

I don't think so, but I don't care since I read them a lot back in the day (the CYOA Goosebumps were the best) and so I'll probably love this movie mainly for the references and for Jack Black who I always felt gets a bad rep even though he's a fun actor who gives it his all.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

kiimo posted:

I wonder how long Alexis Bledel sat around for a script

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GrandpaPants posted:

Goosebumps trailer:

Looks like they did a great job of making it look as little like Goosebumps as loving possible.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Looks like they did a great job of making it look as little like Goosebumps as loving possible.

What does Goosebumps look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hat Thoughts posted:

What does Goosebumps look like?

Cheap 90s bullshit

• Locked thread