Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mambo italiano
Apr 4, 2009
Police: "Get down on the ground"
SM: " knaw its cool bro. See heres my CAC"
82HQ: Facepalm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Delizin posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/north-carolina-mall-gun-arrest/index.html
None of the articles list his rank, but I am guessing he is was probably an E5-E6 by now since he was a PFC in this 2010 photo:

My wife saw an article that said he was an E5.

Not that I think he'll be overburdened with an abundance of rank anymore, seeing as how he was released to his company commander and post provost marshal.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
ahahaaahhaaahaaha

He could have just taken a selfie and looked like a retard like everyone else, but no

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Delizin posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/north-carolina-mall-gun-arrest/index.html

82nd Airborne soldier walked into a Fayetteville mall with an AR-15 and IBA on to go get pictures taken at a photo studio in the mall. None of the articles list his rank, but I am guessing he is was probably an E5-E6 by now since he was a PFC in this 2010 photo:

There are people in this world with zero self awareness and he is one of them.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
You know normally I'm not worried when I see dudes walking around with ARs because hey it's Texas but if I saw a guy walking in with that and IBA I'm assuming poo poo is about to go down

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Fort Hood 2 Electric Boogaloo is not an unreasonable response to seeing a dude going what I assume was full battle rattle

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Supposedly this is what he was wearing, according to the CNN video. They also refer to him as a gunman (okay, I guess that's sort of true).

At least he has his water source with him.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Aranan posted:

Supposedly this is what he was wearing, according to the CNN video. They also refer to him as a gunman (okay, I guess that's sort of true).

At least he has his water source with him.

At least if he was shot, the first responders wouldn't have to waste their own first aid kits, and could easily identify where his was, due to strong leadership dictating all IFAK be marked with high speed red tape.

AIRBORNE.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Wasabi the J posted:

At least if he was shot, the first responders wouldn't have to waste their own first aid kits, and could easily identify where his was, due to strong leadership dictating all IFAK be marked with high speed red tape.

AIRBORNE.

lmao

Atall
May 23, 2012

Spicy Guacamole posted:

ahahaaahhaaahaaha

He could have just taken a selfie and looked like a retard like everyone else, but no

According to his FB page, he does amateur photography:

https://www.facebook.com/bryan.wolfinger?fref=ts

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.
That sweet pic I have by the Hescos isn't good enough because I'm wearing PFC rank. I'm too impatient to wait for the unit to go to a range and take all the pictures I want. I'm too stupid to not put magazines in my pouches so it looks like I'm carrying an assault rifle and full combat load of ammunition into a crowded mall.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Something's fishy here. All this talk of the 82nd and no one has dropped the term "spec ops"?

Or is that only when there's no media outlets around?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

not caring here posted:

Fort Hood 2 Electric Boogaloo is not an unreasonable response to seeing a dude going what I assume was full battle rattle

god drat it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwiKBFyYBGQ

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Looks like he was getting some photos done to submit to a Captain America casting call.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/loc...ddc86843f8.html

I mean, sure, it wasn't a super well thought out idea. But it's not the dumbest thing I've seen someone do in the army by a long shot.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah it's dumb but not the dumbest i've heard

82nd sounds like they're going to butt gently caress the poo poo outta him though

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
"These charges represent actions that are wholly inconsistent with the high standards and values we expect from our paratroopers," MSG Malone said. I am telling myself that the pun is intentional.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Well, everything about that story now makes sense. Guy didn't actually do anything wrong, but it was still a pretty dumb way to go about it. Regular people, of course, freak the gently caress out about anything and everything, and here we are now.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Regular people, of course, freak the gently caress out about anything and everything, and here we are now.

tbf if i saw some dude at the mall with an AR and iba just walking around id get nervous too

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

But freak out? Sure, I'd raise an eyebrow, but if the guy is clearly just walking on through minding his own business, why the hell is anybody getting their panties in a wad?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I don't think anyone freaked out, but if I'm in some building and I see some rocking a full combat load I'm gonna ask someone a question. and someone's probably gonna call 911.

he really was just an idiot.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
He had it with the Sunglasses Hut

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I would probably head for the nearest exit but record it on my smartphone the best I can

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It was loving dumb. If he absolutely had to have his picture with perfect lighting in a studio he should have brought it all in a duffle bag and changed in the studio. Nobody would have even looked twice once he was standing in front of the camera. Strolling through the parking lot like that makes me wonder how much of the 'tism he has because that is seriously out-of-touch.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So now I get to start ABOLC with the next class instead of waiting until October. Get to find out my unit sometime in the first few weeks of the course, have my fingers crossed for some place outside of the South. However apparently only a minority of armor officers are sent to tank platoons these days so chances are I'll be going to a cav scout unit. Don't really know hardly anything about cav scouts other than the poo poo talking between cav scouts and infantry on post.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Uh, yeah, because red over white is way more badass than baby blue.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

Don't really know hardly anything about cav scouts other than the poo poo talking between cav scouts and infantry on post.

WHAT DID YOU SAY? IT'S HARD TO HEAR CRUNCHIES IN MY TANK. WOULD YOU LIKE A CUP OF COFFEE FRESH FROM THE POT? OH WAIT INCOMING GOOD LUCK!

*buttons up*

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mustang posted:

So now I get to start ABOLC with the next class instead of waiting until October. Get to find out my unit sometime in the first few weeks of the course, have my fingers crossed for some place outside of the South. However apparently only a minority of armor officers are sent to tank platoons these days so chances are I'll be going to a cav scout unit. Don't really know hardly anything about cav scouts other than the poo poo talking between cav scouts and infantry on post.

Scouts are marginally less gay than infantry, but even that is arguable.

They are, however, better behaved (or get caught less) than infantry so you've at least got that.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Scouts less gay than infantry? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

not caring here posted:

Scouts are marginally less gay than infantry, but even that is arguable.

They are, however, better behaved (or get caught less) than infantry so you've at least got that.

fight me b***h

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Scouts are more gay in appearance, with the stupid hats and spurs and assorted poo poo, but less gay in behaviour.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
No, scouts are way more loving gay than infantry in behavior. Take infantry retardedness, and amp the motard up to 11. Example: giant fuckoff sign on cav scout batallions hq reads "IF YOU AINT CAV YOU AINT poo poo". That was on my base in Germany. The cowboy cosplay is just icing on the cake.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Counterpoint: infantry butthurt.

Counterpoint 2: highest stats of homosexual rape.

Anyways, none of this matter as both are inferior to the tanker.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mike-o posted:

amp the motard up to 11.

Up to 11 bang bang baby

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I just woke up so excuse me for giving fucks and arguing about the dumbest poo poo in the world. It's me, I'm the gayest. Army is gay and I'm out so all is right in the world. Forgive me GiP brothers.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
All is forgiven, out of the army gay brother.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

not caring here posted:

Anyways, none of this matter as both are inferior to the tanker.
:rolleyes:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

not caring here posted:

All is forgiven, out of the army gay brother.

he's no longer gay, but he'll be gaping for the rest of his days...like all vets. :(

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Mike-o posted:

No, scouts are way more loving gay than infantry in behavior. Take infantry retardedness, and amp the motard up to 11. Example: giant fuckoff sign on cav scout batallions hq reads "IF YOU AINT CAV YOU AINT poo poo". That was on my base in Germany. The cowboy cosplay is just icing on the cake.

they might as well make the duty uniform for cav scouts be realtree because they're all loving the whitest of hicks, at least the infantry is mostly middle/upper middle class white boys and mexicans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Anyone have experience with 4ID3BDE?

• Locked thread