Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Is that dawn approaching in the lighting of the games?

EDIT: It totally is. Nice touch.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

dude789 posted:

It may not be the best sub weapon, but splatting people after you get splatted with the ink mine is the most satisfying thing.

Several times earlier today when I was under attack I just dropped an ink mine and went about my business. The mine killed my attacker(s) without me needing to pay any attention to them.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Is that dawn approaching in the lighting of the games?

EDIT: It totally is. Nice touch.

There is a day/night cycle based on your local time.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Just had a match with 4 dog v 1 cat. I didn't even bother moving up I just inked our base while the rest contained the poor guy.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Drew my inkling earlier today.

Built it like a flash puppet too so if I wanted I could animate it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Looks like they aren't giving results yet. Just "soon." Lame.

Poultron posted:

...No there isn't? It's broad daylight now.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

Probably needs time to calculate the tallies and resolve any matches that are still outstanding that were queued up.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Yay, we get to keep playing the Warehouse!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

raditts posted:

Wait another 4 hours.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Poultron posted:

No I mean there was day approaching in the background of the maps in the last 15 or so minutes of Splatfest, in keeping with the "Splatfest is at night" theme.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Back to tower control we go.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I was 4 wins away from being crowned king dogge :( :(

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Suspicious Dish posted:

Back to tower control we go.

How is that mode? I haven't tried it yet.

Mersenne
Oct 9, 2012

Prime Suspect

"Oh...? How amusing. Do try to keep me entertained, ehehe..."

Suspicious Dish posted:

To be honest, the special I can't cope with is bomb rush + suction bombs. All the other bombs are hot trash, but that combo fucks up the map and tilts the scores like nothing else.

Dude, I loving love going berserk Jihad Mode on Kelp Dome. Splat-o-Matic/Suction Bomb Rush, +Charge, Special Saver, +Duration is what I usually run for gear.

As soon as the game starts, spray and pray at spawn, then head to the ramp at the lower-right corner of the map. Your special should be charged by now, so you can bomb rush the whole lower-right corner from the top of the ramp and probably catch the poor fool trying to paint it unaware. Paint over the rest until your special is charged again, then bomb rush the center-right area. Recharge again, and bomb rush towards the enemy spawn, backing up and bombing the entrance to the center-right square if they're gunning for you. Assuming your team can catch on, you should've effectively pincered the enemy to poo poo with minimal effort. If you die to a random roller ninja, no big deal, just repeat and you'll negate whatever ground they recovered. Half the time the enemy team will fail to figure it out until it's too late, it's hilarious. Even if they do figure it out, chances are they won't be able to do much about it anyway because they lack the tools to counter it with their own bomb spam.

You'd think pubbies would've learned to carry something other than Krak-On Rollers/Aerospray/Splatterscope/<insert Inkstrike weapon here> by now, but welp :v:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

ComradeCosmobot posted:

No I mean there was day approaching in the background of the maps in the last 15 or so minutes of Splatfest, in keeping with the "Splatfest is at night" theme.

I hope people took screenshots.

Or if anyone has a video of what it looks like I'd like to see.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I hopped on and got one last win for the dogs before it ended so the dogs are going to take it. So decrees the Dog King

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Spacedad posted:

I hope people took screenshots.

Or if anyone has a video of what it looks like I'd like to see.

EU Splatfest is still going on, so if anyone's going to be up for the last 15 minutes or so of that, they could get shots. I was busy splatting though and in a lobby when it ended, so I couldn't get shots in recon.

EDIT: Everyone's still wearing their cat and dog shirts in the lobby:

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jul 5, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I hope the next splatfest isn't on a lovely holiday where I have to go in early to babysit employees because they don't understand what "No fireworks on the property" means.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Spacedad posted:

Drew my inkling earlier today.

Built it like a flash puppet too so if I wanted I could animate it.

Why does every other jabroni I see wear this outfit, aside from looking seriously douchy there are far better shirts than the varsity jacket if you're going for minmaxing

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Spacedad posted:

How is that mode? I haven't tried it yet.

It's good and you should try it,.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
The last splatfest game I had was me and one other level 20 person leading a level 5 and level 9 squid to victory for team dog against a team of 4 level 20 cats. It was pretty great.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

BattleMaster posted:

Why does every other jabroni I see wear this outfit, aside from looking seriously douchy there are far better shirts than the varsity jacket if you're going for minmaxing

Gasmask wearers are the worst ever but the jacket is fresh as hell.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

So uh, how long after the japanese splatfest did it take for results. Should I be sitting here or going to bed?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Gasmask wearers are the worst ever but the jacket is fresh as hell.

Well I mean if you want to have a worthless ability and also look like an extra from a 70s college movie.

There must be some guide telling people to wear that gear for how much I see it, when the only good thing is the boots

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Every Rock/Pop game I've played has been a landslide either way.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

BattleMaster posted:

Cause its primary stat is damage. And primary stats are 3x more powerful than secondary.

As for the gasmask - I wear it cause I like having Jacket from Hotline Miami as my Inkling girl.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Suspicious Dish posted:

To be honest, the special I can't cope with is bomb rush + suction bombs. All the other bombs are hot trash, but that combo fucks up the map and tilts the scores like nothing else.

People with the bomb rush special tend to forget that they can shoot normally. If you can get up in their face it's usually an east splat.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The gas mask is dorky. It's the dorkiest headgear in the game. The black arrowbands (with the same ability) are thick-rimmed black glasses with a rubber strap and they're still less dorky than the gas mask.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Supercar Gautier posted:

The gas mask is dorky. It's the dorkiest headgear in the game. The black arrowbands (with the same ability) are thick-rimmed black glasses with a rubber strap and they're still less dorky than the gas mask.

There's a reason I sport the black arrow bands. Because they are a hell of a lot more fresh than that effing gas mask

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Spacedad posted:

Cause its primary stat is damage. And primary stats are 3x more powerful than secondary.

As for the gasmask - I wear it cause I like having Jacket from Hotline Miami as my Inkling girl.

But damage is the single worst passive in the game :v: The varsity is fly though.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Supercar Gautier posted:

The gasmask could be cool if people didn't wear it with the douche jacket every time and wore some kind of matching black top, but I think the ability is incredibly debatable if min/maxing is the goal.

Like Aerospray RG (suspiciously absent from the illustration)/Gasmask/Varsity Jacket/Blue Moto Boots has to be a third to a half of what I see people wearing in turf war and I have no idea why and it makes me a little angry because it's not even full-on minmaxing and there has to be some guide or a miiverse post or something telling everyone to wear it

Edit: I thought it was popular at first because of people cosplaying Captain N with the Zapper or something but I don't think that's it

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 5, 2015

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Chance posted:

So uh, how long after the japanese splatfest did it take for results. Should I be sitting here or going to bed?

4 hours.

Jopoho
Feb 17, 2012
Just had my first set of tower control games. Oh my god that is so fun.

You can rack up so many kills based solely on the fact that the enemy team doesn't suspect you'll jump off the tower to murder them. Also it seems to validate my use of the ink wall, which is always a plus.

As for the gas mask debate, I'm not about to let an influx of posers ruin gas masks for me. Plus I wear it with a black vest and get to feel like part of a tactical squid force.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I thought everyone just wore the gas masks because of the Bane meme. That's not it?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Supercar Gautier posted:

I agree - but until I find a better mask it's my go-to for playing Inkline Miami.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I just didn't like any of the head gear which is why I where the Fake Contacts or the Squid Hairclip (since its hard to see when a Boy Inkling is wearing it.)

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Cabbagepots posted:

I thought everyone just wore the gas masks because of the Bane meme. That's not it?

Maybe if you wore it with the Octoling armour or something but it's always that one jacket.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Astro7x posted:

The Vibe meter apparently caps at 99, in case anyone on Team Dog wants to know what greatness looks like

Hell loving yeah. Go cats. :radcat::respek::radcat:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Count Uvula posted:

But damage is the single worst passive in the game :v: The varsity is fly though.

Damage is pretty good for chargers, I think. They kill a lot earlier in the charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
This is a PSA for the loyal brothers and sisters of Team Pop.

Though we stand to lose this Splatfest, know that you made a noble choice in forgoing Rock, we may lose the war but the Pop in our hearts will shine on eternally.

Also, the Gold Aerospray is my new favourite weapon.

• Locked thread