Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

she only said that cuz gereld is like, right there. if he was away, you know she would have blamed everything in him

first that's pure speculation based on nothing and second so what? gently caress some woods peasants. would probably try to stiff me on the reward for whatever monster is slaughtering them anyway :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Y'all realize he's just loving with you right

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

T.G. Xarbala posted:

it's late and I am on drugs and ain't nobody talking poo poo about my waifu on my watch

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Yen is real cool but I read the books. Also Triss seems real needy in W3 and that's not fun at all.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

T.G. Xarbala posted:

that's really hosed up, helldump was closed for a reason

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I did it

I pulled the trigger

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Palpek posted:

Yen is real cool but I read the books. Also Triss seems real needy in W3 and that's not fun at all.

she sounds defeated in W3. She is talking in her sad voice, and it's sad and you should feel bad for not choosing her

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Sparks are still flying in W3 with Triss, I don't see any sparks with Yen, personally

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

I think I hit my first quest bug, after 70+ hours. The quest Hard Times on Skellige, I'm supposed to deliver a letter I found after killing a cyclops to the blacksmith in Kaer Trolde. But I can't activate the guy, I'm pretty sure I could before, there's no button prompt over his head and hitting E while his name shows up doesn't do anything.

gently caress this quest, if you tell him his family is dead and then respond that he doesn't want to know what happened to them (because they got torn to shreds by a cyclops), he accuses you of killing and robbing them yourself and never talks to you again. You don't even get to punch the fucker in the face.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I think the key deciding factor for me choosing Yen over Triss when it came to romancing somebody was me not really liking redheads. Also dog puns.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I drunk kissed Triss at the party because wow you'd have to be some kind of rear end in a top hat to resist that perfect moment but otherwise Yen all the way.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

I think I hit my first quest bug, after 70+ hours. The quest Hard Times on Skellige, I'm supposed to deliver a letter I found after killing a cyclops to the blacksmith in Kaer Trolde. But I can't activate the guy, I'm pretty sure I could before, there's no button prompt over his head and hitting E while his name shows up doesn't do anything.

If you save the game near him and reload, you can interact with him again.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

I drunk kissed Triss at the party because wow you'd have to be some kind of rear end in a top hat to resist that perfect moment but otherwise Yen all the way.

if you did that knowing you weren't gonna choose her you are loving awful and probably a real life sociopath

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

if you did that knowing you weren't gonna choose her you are loving awful and probably a real life sociopath

didn't know at that point and also nah it's not like I hosed her

(actually I didn't kiss her and she looked so crushed and the moment was so perfect that I reloaded and had to do it again because drat)

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Non-snarky, serious answer, love is a frickin' complex emotion and it doesn't need to be written the exact same way every single time. Some variety in how romance is presented is great.

90% of the reason I preferred Yen over Triss is because, with Triss, I could tell it would be just another cheesy romance novel style love story. The dancing by the fountain while fireworks went off in the background, and then you got the option to kiss her, like something straight outta mom's paperback romance. Or that scene where you say you love her and she leaves but GASP! she comes back for love. Meh. I feel like I've seen that story already.

Yen, on the other hand, traps a genie so she can make a wish to break the bonds of fate that hold the two of you together. What?! She's messing with the fabric of reality because she wants to make sure she really loves Gerlat, that it's not just a trick of fate and circumstance but her real emotions? That's awesome. That quest still ends up romantically, but only if you choose to make it so.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

so, looked up place of power locations on a map online and went hunting, and i think i got into a place where i wasn't supposed to and i'm stuck...

road to bald mountain, i got to the place of power by running past a bunch of dudes and just climbing things, now i cannot find a loving way down that does not result in instant death from nonexistant fall damage. also, this place looks a lot like a place where a final boss battle would happen, so i think it may be that. should i just load an older save now and ignore this place of power?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

so, looked up place of power locations on a map online and went hunting, and i think i got into a place where i wasn't supposed to and i'm stuck...

road to bald mountain, i got to the place of power by running past a bunch of dudes and just climbing things, now i cannot find a loving way down that does not result in instant death from nonexistant fall damage. also, this place looks a lot like a place where a final boss battle would happen, so i think it may be that. should i just load an older save now and ignore this place of power?

Yes. You'll come across it during a story mission, almost unavoidable

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Yes. You'll come across it during a story mission, almost unavoidable
nah it's cool i eventually found my way out through some honestly scary swim times

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Poetic Justice posted:

as a basement dwelling virgin

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is basement dwelling virgin really the criticism that should be used by fans of a series where the hero is a masculine ultra stud that shags all the women.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Poetic Justice posted:

I hate her and her air of swarminess "my poo poo don't stink" personally

She's the most powerful sorceress in the world, her poo poo probably doesn't stink.

Make sure it's the right guy, the guy has a day/night schedule and sometimes he's off sleeping but the mappin still points to the forge area.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

She's the most powerful sorceress in the world, her poo poo probably doesn't stink.

She only beat the white frost because of gerald and ciri, without him and that teenager it wouldn't matter how powerful she is, so in a sense she has isn't powerful at all and is instead just a huge bitter hag

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

It's not the quest that is bugged, it's the guy.
I'm not sure what is up with him but he's only able to be spoken to at really specific times of day. I found 1pm was usually the best but it doesn't work all the time. He's pretty annoying!

I think in the whole game the only quest I looked up was the previously mentioned werewolf one. That's the only one I thought was pretty badly constructed.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

She only beat the white frost because of gerald and ciri, without him and that teenager it wouldn't matter how powerful she is, so in a sense she has isn't powerful at all and is instead just a huge bitter hag

wow you must be a very pleasant person to talk with

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Yeah but who would win in a fight?

Obviously Yen would wipe the floor with Triss' red mop

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SatansBestBuddy posted:

wow you must be a very pleasant person to talk with

Yes not giving the benefit to someone who doesn't deserve one makes me a horrible person, you are right, I will completely reevaluate my life. Maybe then you will be my friend.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
Did anyone else look at the map and wonder how in the hell Radovid's ship is meant to get out of the river? Aside from the bridges across it, the mouth of the river is like 30 foot wide.

Kind of a spergy thing to be annoyed by, but in a game where they pay so much attention to detail it really jumps out.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't think anyone answered this before yenchat but he has to be sitting down/hammering away i forget which, i just meditated for an hour until he moved. also spoilers tell him how they died or he thinks you killed them

e: oh it was kind of answered

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Poetic Justice posted:

she sounds defeated in W3. She is talking in her sad voice, and it's sad and you should feel bad for not choosing her
A relationship out of pity? Hmm let me think about that...nah.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Palpek posted:

A relationship out of pity? Hmm let me think about that...nah.

Versus a relationship where it's one way? !!! I'd pick the pity relationship over the rape any day

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 5, 2015

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
What strikes me as weird is that Geralt will do a lot of different women but the ones he can form relationships with are all powerful sorceresses. You'd think he would probably prefer a lower-born woman, or at least someone who was less interested in politics, given the way he tries to stay out of it.

I guess that's the thing about video game romances- everyone's a badass.

That being said, if Geralt hangs out with no one but sorceresses it's not a huge surprise.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Panzeh posted:

What strikes me as weird is that Geralt will do a lot of different women but the ones he can form relationships with are all powerful sorceresses. You'd think he would probably prefer a lower-born woman, or at least someone who was less interested in politics, given the way he tries to stay out of it.

I guess that's the thing about video game romances- everyone's a badass.

That being said, if Geralt hangs out with no one but sorceresses it's not a huge surprise.

Geralt lives a dangerous life, it's natural for him to want to partner that could take care of herself in a supernatural scuffle

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Make sure it's the right guy, the guy has a day/night schedule and sometimes he's off sleeping but the mappin still points to the forge area.

The black smith at Kaer Trolde is really buggy (at least on PS4).

Sometimes he's just hanging around, but you can't talk to him. If he's working, same thing. I usually have to meditate on the spot multiple times before I can interact with him. The X prompt just won't appear.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Slugnoid posted:

Did anyone else look at the map and wonder how in the hell Radovid's ship is meant to get out of the river? Aside from the bridges across it, the mouth of the river is like 30 foot wide.

Kind of a spergy thing to be annoyed by, but in a game where they pay so much attention to detail it really jumps out.
I want to know this as well. Additionally in Witcher 2, if you choose Roche's path, you can see from Henselt camp how big and wide the Pontar River is to the point that several big galleons would fit and be able to sail there together, but as we can see in Witcher 3 the Pontar river mouth (which goes to the ocean) is much smaller. Seems like inconsistency on geography there.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yennefer is 99 years old by the start of the game so no poo poo she's crusty. Geralt is of a similar vintage and he can be a ruthless sourpuss too. He's hella mopey and emo when he first starts looking for Ciri with his friends in the books.

I'm surprised Dandelion doesn't get more poo poo for being an arrogant jackass in W3. I don't recall if he was quite so full of it in the first two games. At least by the end it seems like he'll settle down with Priscilla before he dies of venereal disease.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I was watching a few of the pre-release cinematic trailers and I noticed something I completely missed the first time I watched them.

In the trailer where Geralt is returning from a contract hunt and finds the soldiers that hired him are beating a woman, take a look at the guy at the end with the noose around his neck.

Even if it wasn't important, I always did wonder what happened to him.

During the opening cinematic in the game, Yennefer is attempting to escape a battle between Nilfgaard and Redania. While running away she bumps into a deserter who looks awfully familiar.

While you can't really tell for sure which one of these trailers takes place first, it seems like this guy was spared from hanging.

I thought it was a neat little easter egg.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Slugnoid posted:

I think that's not the only mouth of the Pontar. If you pay attention, the swamp and lake was clearly once an outlet of the Pontar in the past as well.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Hommando posted:

I was watching a few of the pre-release cinematic trailers and I noticed something I completely missed the first time I watched them.

In the trailer where Geralt is returning from a contract hunt and finds the soldiers that hired him are beating a woman, take a look at the guy at the end with the noose around his neck.

During the opening cinematic in the game, Yennefer is attempting to escape a battle between Nilfgaard and Redania. While running away she bumps into a deserter who looks awfully familiar.

While you can't really tell for sure which one of these trailers takes place first, it seems like this guy was spared from hanging.

So that's why that face felt kinda familiar.

Another nice little detail with regards to hanging, (Spoiler for a low-level (<15) Velen sidequest) Graham has a noose already tied and hung in his house. Guess you do not have to feel bad about how he ends either way. :v:

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Hommando posted:

Best part of the first of those trailers is when Lambert brings it up ingame to mock Geralt's cheesy one-liner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

So uh was there ever a definitive answer as to what happened to Adda, Anais and John Natalis?