Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Electromax posted:

This game is so chill compared to a Call of Duty community. I don't understand what elements of Splatoon drive someone to smash their gamepad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8qEaHu-k30

Ha ha, woooow. He says "the rage" is Nintendo's fault. Someone needs therapy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What great news to wake up to. Pride goeth before a fall, team cat. We doggers always knew the victory was ours in our hearts.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Being 2% better is still outplaying the other people though! It's not a huge wide margin but a spades a spade y'know.

That was fun regardless though, can't wait for the next splatfest in any event... man it's loving jarring going back to that death metal grung bullshit song after a day of the sisters singing nonstop.

Congratulations, you managed to barely beat 50% by winning in matches played by literal children :laugh:

Seriously though, now that we've proven once again that dogs are superior, let's all join together in friendship. Perhaps in the next splatfest, we can be... teammates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAy_QU5WE8

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Checked the comments

Splatoon Rage Man posted:

So, somehow I enjoy playing Splatoon a HELL of a lot more when I can't see poo poo on the Gamepad lol, I can't tell who is winning, I can't tell where anyone is, and some how I am alot better when I can't see much....huh....goes to show I guess the Gamepad is just getting in the way with Splatoon and you do better without having to look at it, but man is it satisfying when I hit someone with an Ink strike when I just randomly click somewhere on the map and I hit someone not knowing if there was even anyone there lol.

Nah guys it's cool

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
hey didn't i tell you team dog was the best lol

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm actually glad there's no ingame voice chat, I'd rather not hear some guy scream and rage over people not doing things exactly the way he wants, literal 8 year olds play the game as well dude, just have fun and shoot ink at stuff, otherwise go back to Counter Strike or whatever.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Hey, Nintendo, announce the next one so we can start fighting about that. Come oooooon, XBox vs. PS4.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I had absolute faith in Team Dog and my faith was rewarded.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Checked the comments

Nah guys it's cool

That said, a Pro Controller option in the future would be appreciated, I'll even take the hit in terms of Jumping and on screen aiming.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bean posted:

Hey, Nintendo, announce the next one so we can start fighting about that. Come oooooon, XBox vs. PS4.

This would be the funniest drat thing and I really hope they do it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

:dogbutton:

Count Uvula posted:

Dynamo roller is really good on Tower but if you're in the obvious path of the tower you'll probably get shot before your horrible wall of death gets launched. Splat roller and carbon roller can also work but they're best for just aggressively clearing enemies while they're focused on the tower, as far as I can tell. Take default splat roller for the suction bombs and killer wail, over the Krak-on.

Inkbrush, who loving knows if that's viable.

I don't know if I was "doing it wrong" or what, but when I tried to play Tower Control with the dynamo I would cover that thing in my color when the other team had control and somehow the guys hiding in the ink didn't loving die. Which never seems to happen when I'm the one on the tower.

Bean posted:

If the Japanese splatfest is doing corporate sponsorships, I want to see a Batman vs. Superman splatfest. It would probably be the only good thing to come out of that movie existing.

noirstronaut posted:

I love you noirstronaut, thank you for believing

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 5, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I find it funny that a portion of the internet got hyped out of being locked out of every game mode but turf war for a day.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bean posted:

I know what they should do next, and it's something they can actually get the license to; Mario vs. Sonic :unsmigghh:.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I was going to come in here and say "Splatfest was a ton of fun and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, and even though my team lost I did my best and I'm still getting more sea shells than I know what to do with." but I guess I can't because everything is horrible forever.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I know what they should do next, and it's something they can actually get the license to; Mario vs. Sonic :unsmigghh:.

Lol, only the losers would pick sonic, just like it was in real life. :mario:
Are there still even Sonic fans after the last like 15 years of games?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Silentman0 posted:

I was going to come in here and say "Splatfest was a ton of fun and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, and even though my team lost I did my best and I'm still getting more sea shells than I know what to do with." but I guess I can't because everything is horrible forever.

Just reached Eternal Rock Boy :peanut:.

raditts posted:

...I liked Sonic Colours :ohdear:.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Slur posted:

I find it funny that a portion of the internet got hyped out of being locked out of every game mode but turf war for a day.

Locked out of game modes, locked into 24-hour party mode designed to honor our pets via fresh shirts.

Fair trade.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Page 229: absolute predictions of Team Cat victory, Poultron being all for a Team Dog win, commentary that Dog will win via popular vote despite a perceived skill gap.

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!
You get SEA SNAILS.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

raditts posted:

One of my best friends still really loves Sonic all these years later but admits most of the series is trash. They just really like the Sonic racing games now.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So something clicked with the splat charger today and hoky hell I'm destroying people with it. Speaking of Splatchargers is there really any place for squifers? A faster, short range sniper rifle seems neat but it seems to out you way to in range of other guns

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

a cat will poop in a box and bury it in the sand

a dog will dig through that sand to find and eat that poop

a lot of cats are pooping in boxes (and are pretty good at it!), but almost twice as many dogs are digging for and eating their poop (not quite as good at it but only, like, 2% off)

grats, team dog

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

raditts posted:

I could actually see them doing a splatfest with Nintendo characters though. Like Mario vs. Link or Kirby vs. Olimar or Pikachu vs. Charizard.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mario vs Bowser would be cool but it's going to be burger king vs pizza hut or something probably

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oh wow you actually can see the sun starting to come up towards the end of Splatfest.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm shocked that dogs won by such a popularity margin. I always thought cats were more common in America. Or maybe my data is skewed from all my friends who own cats.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is Splatfest going to be a pretty common thing?

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Well Japan's already had two, so hopefully.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

noirstronaut posted:

the best at losing matches tho

EDIT: Reminder to Eurogoons, can you get a shot of dawn approaching in recon during the last 15 minutes of Splatfest? That was cool and I am sorry that most Americans missed out on that detail

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

zolthorg posted:

Unless you're using an aerospray or playing ranked battle, a good turfwar player hits like 1300 points on a win, if you round that off to 1500 points then a sea snail is worth 20 wins to a player of that calibur. I lost 120 wins worth of gold due to garbage vote tallying which is 6 hours of more grinding in my life. To be specific, 6 hours of consecutive turf war wins and I have to switch from weapons I like to playing the dumb Aerospray; otherwise it will take me even longer.

Good Job Dogs~!!

Cats suck dude.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What were the rewards at the end of the event?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Slur posted:

Oh no we have to play a fun mode for a bit??? :ohdear:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I said come in! posted:

We all get Super Sea Snails based on our individual final ranks, but the winning faction gets double.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh no we have to play a fun mode for a bit??? :ohdear:

As someone who had bought Splatoon yesterday, it was a little weird to have that be my introduction to the title but Turf War is a lot of fun and probably what I would have played anyways.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

I said come in! posted:

As someone who had bought Splatoon yesterday, it was a little weird to have that be my introduction to the title but Turf War is a lot of fun and probably what I would have played anyways.

So YOU were that Level 1 dog in my match.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There are no bad modes in Splatoon, only bad maps. Most of the maps are good too. Its just sometimes Arrowana Mall is in rotation and I contemplate just bashing my head against the wall instead since the result will be the same in terms of fun.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I said come in! posted:

Turf War's the regular basic Deathmatch mode anyway. Ranked alternates between Tower (jump on the Tower and ride to the other team's point) and Splat Zones (king of the hill).

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

I said come in! posted:

Well you're locked into it until level 10, so yeah.

It is a fun game mode, but after playing splatzones for a couple weeks, every time I went back to it I got bored after a couple matches. The splatfest was a fun reason to play it again, but I got bored/had other stuff to do enough during the day that I didn't bother maxing my rank.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ComradeCosmobot posted:

So YOU were that Level 1 dog in my match.

Nah, I was a cat. I saw lots of Level 1's yesterday too actually.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Internet Kraken posted:

There are no bad modes in Splatoon, only bad maps. Most of the maps are good too. Its just sometimes Arrowana Mall is in rotation and I contemplate just bashing my head against the wall instead since the result will be the same in terms of fun.

I reckon you could make Arowana a fair bit better just by removing that side-balcony that all the Splat-Chargers flock to.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

[ :smugdog: ]

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Team Cat will win.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am Cat KING and god drat did we hand out a series of brutal rear end beatings

so long, Team Dog, you have failed. :byewhore:

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Did Team Cat win yet?

Flytrap posted:

Well I hope they bring a good fight soon, because Team Dog has been biting the curb all day, honestly.

Fooley posted:

I'm glad everybody is thrown into the same pool, all these terrible noob children are doing wonders to pad Team Cat's victory.

Silentman0 posted:

31/13 W/L on my road to becoming a glorious Cat godking, like in Egypt or some poo poo. Didn't get any cat/cat matches as far as I could tell, but the cats were consistently better players. Depending on how the points are distributed in the final tally, I'm fairly confident in feline victory.
Eat crow like the cats you are.
[/ :smugdog: ]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Man, normally I like Kelp Dome but it is one lovely loving tower control map.

I said come in! posted:

Sea snails. You can use them to add more sub-abilities to your clothes when you reach level 20 (maximum of 3 slots). You get six more of them if your team won. Apparently that's enough for a lot of people to be big blubbery newborn baby bitches about.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 5, 2015

• Locked thread