Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
Annie support is great. I usually have to make a concerted effort to not just 100 - 0 the enemy ADC when we engage while playing her. I don't want to leave my ADC starved of kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Every time there's a Skarner on my team I know its gonna be a fun one, win or lose

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Ashe support is legit though?

gently caress you

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
The take away is it's fine to main something, just don't play it all the time.

I main support pre-30. Depending on what kind of support (I do Leona primarily with some Janna on the side) you can associate yourself with other lanes; Leona is basically top personified, though she'd be awful actually going up there, while the flipside is Janna is mid personified. Though you can kinda manage her there, at least. Take what your support of choice is and go bowling in another lane from time to time, on another champ; Melee supports go top, mages go mid, tanks go jungle. You'll still be familiar what with you're doing, but now you're actively right clicking minions, too.

I support Leona/Janna, top Riven and adc Jinx. (gently caress mid and jungle. Especially jungle.) Riven certainly plays similarly to Leona, so it was easy to wean off on.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Do you mean to say that leona and riven are both melee

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Lerius posted:

Annie support is great. I usually have to make a concerted effort to not just 100 - 0 the enemy ADC when we engage while playing her. I don't want to leave my ADC starved of kills.

gently caress that. Take all the kills and become the second AP carry. Your ADC is getting 100% of the CS (between the two of you) and will get huge if you're constantly removing the enemy ADC as a threat regardless.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

The take away is it's fine to main something, just don't play it all the time.

Counterpoint: i do significantly better in ranked when I just ignore both team comps and just pick Master Yi. I would play him ADC if I wouldn't tilt the entire team by doing so.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Best build OCE

He was literally regenning faster than he took damage.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Che Delilas posted:

gently caress that. Take all the kills and become the second AP carry. Your ADC is getting 100% of the CS (between the two of you) and will get huge if you're constantly removing the enemy ADC as a threat regardless.

Yeah giving your adc a free lane is basically giving them permission to carry and you should gleefully take kills if they will get away otherwise. Or if you're unsure.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

Honest question, how do you do ashe support? I asked in chat before the game started, and the only advice was "take hits" and "don't cs", which sounds like a super lovely way to play ashe.

GrahamBLY
Aug 3, 2006
Better Luck Yesterday
If I really love the playstyle of AD nidalee and still go to it all the time mid and top, is there a champ I should be playing instead?
Survey says Irelia but I'm a monster on Nid and a shitter on most toplaners. I've just played the poo poo out of her for years and feel way more comfortable on Nid than any other bruiser. I main mid, she's my best AD mid by a mile- I do pretty bad on champs that have to be in the thick of it for the most part unless its bruisercat. Lots of people seem to be picking AP tops now and AD Nid doesn't really have a bad matchup in mid. (caveat: silver/gold)

Related, the ludens thing has really brought AP Nid full circle back to the forefront. It's still great to hit a charged up spear to gib someone, but it's still kinda hard to win as AP nidalee if you have to do it yourself because she explodes on contact.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Best build OCE

He was literally regenning faster than he took damage.

lol was this with garen?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

exethan posted:

lol was this with garen?

yes

was it you? I was the naut

The dance bm next to their nexus was perfect

TheTromboner
Nov 12, 2008

GrahamBLY posted:

If I really love the playstyle of AD nidalee and still go to it all the time mid and top, is there a champ I should be playing instead?
Survey says Irelia but I'm a monster on Nid and a shitter on most toplaners. I've just played the poo poo out of her for years and feel way more comfortable on Nid than any other bruiser. I main mid, she's my best AD mid by a mile- I do pretty bad on champs that have to be in the thick of it for the most part unless its bruisercat. Lots of people seem to be picking AP tops now and AD Nid doesn't really have a bad matchup in mid. (caveat: silver/gold)

Related, the ludens thing has really brought AP Nid full circle back to the forefront. It's still great to hit a charged up spear to gib someone, but it's still kinda hard to win as AP nidalee if you have to do it yourself because she explodes on contact.

If you love AD nid, you'll LOVE Lee Sin.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

How core is gunblade on akali? Someone on probuilds goes Zhonyas or trinity force as a first item, i tried it and it seems fine but i havent' played akali in forever so maybe i just remembered liking akali?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

PLEASE stop trolling we have enough of those itt alreayd t i a

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
Zyra support is loving garbage please don't compare her to Annie

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Che Delilas posted:

That's true, but it won't forestall the tide of bitching from the rando ADC I get paired with if I take the kills as a support.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Libertine posted:

Did an ARAM on Diana today and had enough fun that I think I want to play her some on normals. Aside from Abyssal/Zhonya which seem like every game core items, how do you decide what other AP pieces to pick up? I remember I used to play her with Nashors a long time ago but that doesn't seem common now. There's no real consensus on item build on her on pro builds or on guides so I imagine there are a lot of specific situational choices one has to be aware of.

Yeah, she's been good for a while now. Her build path is really flexible, and I prefer to build reactively. No item is really "core" on Diana, but the only items she really wants to build are: Zhonya's, Abyssal, Deathcap, Luden's, Void Staff, Lich Bane, and Morellonomicon. In general everyone maxes Q, but I kind of disagree with that. Sometimes it's better to put a second point into W, before putting a third point into Q pre-6. Diana has some bruiseresque qualities and it may be better to be a little tankier at first against certain opponents, depending on their champion and play style. You always have the choice to build armor, mr, or ap first, so I prefer to see how the lane plays out and go from there. If you're a little ahead and want to dominate team fights, the best option is a high AP second item.

As far as skills go E is a one point wonder. Q and W are very important to Diana play. You need to learn how the Q arc functions. The angle, non-euclidean geometry, of the arc changes depending on how you fire it, and the explosion at the end is wider than the arc itself. Using different parts of the arc and making the arc at different angles is probably the most important aspect to learn. W can soak up tons of damage, especially if you went with an item that provides some defense first. It also deals decent damage, and the orbs have a small AoE. Keep in mind you have 5 seconds for the orbs to hit, but the cooldown only starts if all the orbs hit or 5 second pass. The cooldown of the skill itself is 10 seconds. Having all the orbs hit immediately effectively gives the skill 33% cdr, more if you bought cdr.. Both the shield and damage scale at .6 AP if all orbs hit. R is pretty straightforward. The only nuance is that you will go through the opponent and end up behind them, if you're close enough to them when you activate R. This can be a good thing or bad thing, so you should be mindful of it. The biggest thing about the skill itself is deciding whether you want to Q-R-R or O-R and wait for your Q to come up again. The passive deals a ton of base damage, is AoE, and has .8 AP scaling. It is massive, but should be the last thing you focus on, because good Q's and W's are what let you land autos in the first place.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lerius posted:

That's true, but it won't forestall the tide of bitching from the rando ADC I get paired with if I take the kills as a support.

just say oops a lot while intentionally stealing kills. if you think your adc isnt up to par its a completely illogical move to starve yourself of gold so this subpar dude can get more fed. im sure youve had many games where you got some adc 7 kills in laning or whatever and they just hosed off to farm jungle all game while the enemy team won the resulting 4v5, and im pretty sure youve had many games where you got your adc fed and he assumed that made him the next big lcs pro and he kept dying to stupid 1v3s. if your adc is any good they will be able to take the resulting freefarm from you killing the enemy opponents and get powerful regardless of whether or not they got the kill. its only really bad players who rely on kills as a crutch to make up for not being able to last hit in any capacity.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
2-0 in my Plat ---> Diamond series

Dear God, I want to lose these next 3 games badly, please make my wish come true

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Safety Scissors posted:

No item is really "core" on Diana, but the only items she really wants to build are: Zhonya's, Abyssal, Deathcap, Luden's, Void Staff, Lich Bane, and Morellonomicon.

The passive deals a ton of base damage, is AoE, and has .8 AP scaling. It is massive, but should be the last thing you focus on, because good Q's and W's are what let you land autos in the first place.

I like almost all of this post but I disagree with the morello buy. A lot of people go flask into double dorans and don't go for any other mana regen because it makes your power spike worse/later in the game. If you're getting shoved in a ton and your jungler isn't helping you, you might need it. however, they should love to gank your lane because of your massive kill potential.

Also, for a harass combo in lane, try to get one or two autos off on creeps to start your passive. That way, you can throw Qs, and if they hit, press W and R at the same time, and auto them when you get in to apply the passive. A couple rotations of this combo will leave them really low, and then you can decide if a second R plus ignite will kill them.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

KamikazePotato posted:

Counterpoint: i do significantly better in ranked when I just ignore both team comps and just pick Master Yi. I would play him ADC if I wouldn't tilt the entire team by doing so.

Master Yi is kind of an outlier. Besides, I was talking about role, not a champ.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

Lerius posted:

League has a mute function for a reason.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

op.gg doesn't think I'm cut out for it

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
watching qtpie play ap miss fortune mid with rune glaive (and win) makes me think there's something slightly hosed up about the game right now

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
His current runeglaive ludens Gangplank doesn't appear to be working quite as well.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
qt doesnt do well with champions that require hardcore rice

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Lerius posted:

Take it from me and just ignore any and all complaints about it.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i mute people in my games that use the chat

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Coca Koala posted:

Honest question, how do you do ashe support? I asked in chat before the game started, and the only advice was "take hits" and "don't cs", which sounds like a super lovely way to play ashe.

You Ashe Support by using Ashe's permaslow to poke the enemy's adc down and praying for a good gank. Remember to use E and R to initiate for your team, get black cleaver and bruiser items.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Cameron posted:

op.gg doesn't think I'm cut out for it

how lol

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Tired Moritz posted:

You Ashe Support by using Ashe's permaslow to poke the enemy's adc down and praying for a good gank. Remember to use E and R to initiate for your team, get black cleaver and bruiser items.

That's how you Ashe in a broad sense, this isn't really specifically Ashe support. Aside from the items you build. Those are silly even as a support.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

op.gg's MMR application sucks once you get into Diamond territory and constantly changes the average MMR by like 200 ELO per refresh. Mine just went from 2200 to 1900 as the average after 20 minutes

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

That's how you Ashe in a broad sense, this isn't really specifically Ashe support. Aside from the items you build. Those are silly even as a support.

yeah, I pretty much just build sightstone and whatever I want because I'm not tryharding when I play Ashe support. Ashe is cool; if I could Ashe jungle, I would.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah, I pretty much just build sightstone and whatever I want because I'm not tryharding when I play Ashe support. Ashe is cool; if I could Ashe jungle, I would.

I know I'm trying it when the new devourer hits. Her q with runaans is already pretty stupid and I want to see how stupid it can get.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'm still terrified of Vayne jungle when new devourer hits. Silver bolts every other shot sounds horrifying

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Win like six in a row to get to silver promos, but as soon as I get there Bam! Morgana jungle.

Edit: Okay, we won. But still.

The Missing Link fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 6, 2015

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Magres posted:

I'm still terrified of Vayne jungle when new devourer hits. Silver bolts every other shot sounds horrifying

You should be way more scared of what Kayle is going to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
so whenever i try to log in, as it loads up the images for the home screen it freezes. and by "it" I mean my entire loving computer

good poo poo riot

• Locked thread