Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Yay, a training arc! Will Saitama become strong enough to defeat Garou? I can't wait to find out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

It's actually more believable though, since it's just for the event (about a minute's worth of scrambled memories.)

It's also keeping the manga consistent in that no one can credit Saitama's accomplishments reliably. He hit Garou so hard he forgot he existed.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
A single frame of a comic has never made me say "oh, gently caress!" out loud before.
http://i.imgur.com/ECqt94j.gif (spoiler?)

Mr. Fowl posted:

I really hope that the anime does art shifts like this. It's part of the charm of this adaption.

It's like a reverse Ren & Stimpy's hyper realized frame hold!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm actually pretty surprised that ONE is bothering to write out a filler arc for Murata. I always figured that the remake would just catch up to the original and become the flagship version.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I'm actually pretty surprised that ONE is bothering to write out a filler arc for Murata. I always figured that the remake would just catch up to the original and become the flagship version.

I'm not because OPM is highly acclaimed, has an anime coming and is super good, so more quality content it has, more people can buy or eventually buy, more money for ONE and Murata.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Fish Fry Andy posted:

There's a sizable contingent of grognards out there who prefer ONE's version to Murata's and would probably raise hell if that happened.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Aurain posted:

I'm not because OPM is highly acclaimed, has an anime coming and is super good, so more quality content it has, more people can buy or eventually buy, more money for ONE and Murata.

I hope they get all the loving money and this series goes for a thousand chapters and it never gets old. I will never tire of the stoic face gimmick.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

Maybe more like .4. Still, it amused me.

It's actually more believable though, since it's just for the event (about a minute's worth of scrambled memories.)

I don't think anything, in the history of manga, will ever top that Enel face.

It is the textbook definition of smug rear end in a top hat about to get his loving teeth kicked in, it is perfect.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Parrotine posted:

I don't think anything, in the history of manga, will ever top that Enel face.

It is the textbook definition of smug rear end in a top hat about to get his loving teeth kicked in, it is perfect.

You have seen Oda's later works on such faces right?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

AtomikKrab posted:

I stopped reading One Piece right after the time skip, please post these new faces.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Crain posted:

I stopped reading One Piece right after the time skip, please post these new faces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pe5zwDW6fo

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcVzKmjW5yQ

Spoilers obviously.

Kild fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 6, 2015

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

God, I can't believe how badly they hosed up the Sugar snipe in the anime. Just completely drained all the energy out of it and ruined the comedic timing. I mean I knew it got worse after Thriller Bark but that's just incredible.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Who's the guy in the middle and when did it happen?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Basil Hawkins, One of the Supernova introduced in Sabaody

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

I have, but they're just variations of a classic. Enel is the template for all else.

The Usopp reaction stole the show in that respective arc, it came outta nowhere

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Parrotine posted:

I have, but they're just variations of a classic. Enel is the template for all else.

The Usopp reaction stole the show in that respective arc, it came outta nowhere

Usopp always steals the show.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

I'm getting serious Gilbert Shelton / Freak Brothers / underground comix vibe from these. Beautiful. Bring back the popping eyeball and flapping tongue in visual storytelling.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Not all of these are real.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Honestly, it's even better in motion.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I don't know, I think Oda's work generally looks better as sequential art but that's my opinion about most manga-based Anime. If I'm familiar with the source material it feels like something get's lost in the transition.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

This is a rare "even better than the manga" moment, but hahaha, when luffy kicks enel the circular drums thing on his back just disappears.

I think I like this because they don't artificially try to make it some kind of punchline, like the way they botched the Sugar snipe. It just happens, quietly with no sound effects or music change, matter-of-fact style.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Bisse posted:

when luffy kicks enel the circular drums thing on his back just disappears.

'yo that's hard to animate'
'eh just pretend it wasn't there'
'okay sure'

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
His heart made it disappear.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
There's more discussion of One Piece here than on its own thread. :'(
Honestly, I feel like the face thing is really getting overdone. The Ussop thing struck me as especially stupid (though I did find the followup awesome, so I guess it balanced out)

Back to OPM: Not that anyone thought our latest villain stood a chance, but poor Saitama, looks like this one is going to be another disappointment. (Though I guess he's still training technically?)
I'm also looking forward to this tournament arc. I wonder when the onsen episode is going to happen.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Shadow0 posted:

Back to OPM: Not that anyone thought our latest villain stood a chance, but poor Saitama, looks like this one is going to be another disappointment. (Though I guess he's still training technically?)
I'm also looking forward to this tournament arc. I wonder when the onsen episode is going to happen.

Saitama is fated to always be disappointed. It's the very bedrock upon which the comic is built.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

There's more discussion of One Piece here than on its own thread. :'(
Honestly, I feel like the face thing is really getting overdone. The Ussop thing struck me as especially stupid (though I did find the followup awesome, so I guess it balanced out)

Remember from what we have seen Garou is basically a saiyan, he only gets stronger after an asswhupping, so Saitama just gave him like 10 levels from that chop alone.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Garou made it sound like the other way around: defeating heroes made him stronger.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gyges posted:

Genos is the best friend a bald man could have.

Saitama lost his hair and became strong. Does that mean that if he undergoes a hair weave, he will lose his strength?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

Garou made it sound like the other way around: defeating heroes made him stronger.

Saiyans also get stronger after winning a fight. :colbert: its like you can't remember your historical facts of anime and mangas.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

JosephWongKS posted:

Saitama lost his hair and became strong. Does that mean that if he undergoes a hair weave, he will lose his strength?

And what happens if he gets a hair transplant from Samson?

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
It sounds like some sort of artificial hair deal. Would that even count?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Shugojin posted:

And what happens if he gets a hair transplant from Samson?

Cthulhuchan posted:

It sounds like some sort of artificial hair deal. Would that even count?

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/75/ new chapter for those among us who like to look at pretty pictures. Translation will hopefully follow soon.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
King's shirt is the gooniest thing I've ever seen in an anime

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
King's sheer gooniness is the best thing about him.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I get the feeling that either Saitama will keep finding excuses to stay away from Dr. Stench, or when he does get there, none of Dr. Stench's surgical tools will be able to so much as make a dent in Saitama's scalp.

Garou still has a head because Saitama probably used about as much effort to chop his neck as you or I would while wiping dust off a monitor. If Garou ever remembers the incident, will it make him stronger or want to run for the hills?

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
He won't remember. Saitama knocked himself clear out of Garou's gourd.

Likewise, it was such an inconsequential encounter that Saitama won't remember him when he inevitable goes to deal with him.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Tournament arc never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Tournament arc never.

Tournament arcs are only bad when they aren't embraced fully. It's going to be hilarious to see Saitama chump everyone, though I assume he'll tank a few hits first to learn a bit about "technique".