Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

http://ygorganization.com/blackhornwillneverbefixedintcg/

Great Horn of Heaven needs to be hit.

The drat thing isn't even out and it needs to be hit.

What the hell, Konami. :stare:

Disagreed. It ends their main phase, yes. However, they're now in their battle phase, and then they can skip that, go right back into main phase 2, and continue doing what they're doing with a +1 in hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They can go back to what they were doing unless they were setting up for a plan that was going to lead into battle phase in which case you effectively just neutered their strategy for that turn and they have to fight with they have or end their turn with a field that you can prepare for. So yeah, that's a pretty loving good card. This is of course not to mention that you made them go minus and they not only do not get their monster, they lose whatever cards they used in the process for the cost of that summoning, unless it was like a CotH or something.

That being said, the way that card reads to me it's kinda like it only negates inherent summons so you're only going to be using that against synchro or xyz exclusively.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 5, 2015

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Slur posted:

Disagreed. It ends their main phase, yes. However, they're now in their battle phase, and then they can skip that, go right back into main phase 2, and continue doing what they're doing with a +1 in hand.

Still means they miss their battle phase and a possibility of finishing the game or getting rid of a problem monster you have.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

They can go back to what they were doing unless they were setting up for a plan that was going to lead into battle phase in which case you effectively just neutered their strategy for that turn and they have to fight with they have or end their turn with a field that you can prepare for. So yeah, that's a pretty loving good card. This is of course not to mention that you made them go minus and they not only do not get their monster, they lose whatever cards they used in the process for the cost of that summoning, unless it was like a CotH or something.

That being said, the way that card reads to me it's kinda like it only negates inherent summons so you're only going to be using that against synchro or xyz exclusively.

I thought pendulum was inherent as well.

Cabinet posted:

Still means they miss their battle phase and a possibility of finishing the game or getting rid of a problem monster you have.

Swift Scarecrow does that too, and it doesn't need to be set.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If Pendulum's inherent then that's weird to me because the scale's feel like they initiate the summon, but if that's true then you can effectively destroy Qlis and Magicians with that card then because it would negate and destroy every single monster that would be Pendulum Summoned and they will all hit the graveyard, never to be see again.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

If Pendulum's inherent then that's weird to me because the scale's feel like they initiate the summon, but if that's true then you can effectively destroy Qlis and Magicians with that card then because it would negate and destroy every single monster that would be Pendulum Summoned and they will all hit the graveyard, never to be see again.

But can't Black Horn initiate the same process and not make your opponent draw a card? I mean, that's the big issue for me: the fact that they get to draw and potentially gain advantage at the cost of their battle phase.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Slur posted:

I thought pendulum was inherent as well.

Swift Scarecrow does that too, and it doesn't need to be set.

Swift Scarecrow still let's your opponent set themselves up though.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Slur posted:

But can't Black Horn initiate the same process and not make your opponent draw a card? I mean, that's the big issue for me: the fact that they get to draw and potentially gain advantage at the cost of their battle phase.

Iirc Black Horn has some weird timing issues and that's why it's not used more. Apparently it can miss easily?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Slur posted:

The difference is you're making them lose all of their cards, putting them into a position where their battle phase is actively worthless, and even if they do draw a card you have your upcoming turn to deal with anything they have because the only method with which they can touch your field is through any monster effects, spells, or traps they're going to use, which is actually a really good thing. Making them gain advantage on one card is not the worst thing that could happen. If it were on main phase 1 when most of their setups would have an immediate benefit, yeah. But outside of like, chain burn, they're going to be able to hurt you that badly on main phase 2, just prepare for the next turn. You've effectively forced them to play a certain way and that actually goes a long way in this game.

Cabinet posted:

Iirc Black Horn has some weird timing issues and that's why it's not used more. Apparently it can miss easily?

Yeah, it's really easy for black horn to miss timing where as this card is worded in such a way where that monster is loving going down.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Beef Chief posted:

I am pretty sure Black Horn of heaven has different rulings for TCG and OCG as far as pendulum is concerned(works in once and does not in the other)

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Double post

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

That goes in my monarch deck.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

JamMasterJim posted:

I am pretty sure Black Horn of heaven has different rulings for TCG and OCG as far as pendulum is concerned(works in once and does not in the other)

You're right. They have different rulings.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Black_Horn_of_Heaven

"In the TCG, you can activate "Black Horn of Heaven" even if more than 1 monster is Pendulum Summoned. In the OCG, it can only be activated when exactly 1 monster is Pendulum Summoned."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You can't use Black Horn to negate Dark Simorgh. This game.

Anyone know how to unbend a secret rare? This Transmodify has warped outward, ie the edges have bent back, and it's really obvious shuffled into my deck.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dabir posted:

You can't use Black Horn to negate Dark Simorgh. This game.

Anyone know how to unbend a secret rare? This Transmodify has warped outward, ie the edges have bent back, and it's really obvious shuffled into my deck.

Have you tried putting it under a heavy book for a day or so?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Not a book, but I put it at the bottom of my deck with a GBA and 3DS on top of it overnight. I've got it shut in a book now. Tried looking up solutions online but they all seem to be assuming that it bent the other way. This is (just one reason) why I hate secret rares.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://youtu.be/ERxkORRD_AU?t=530

I did not know Nekroz could brick this badly.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dabir posted:

Not a book, but I put it at the bottom of my deck with a GBA and 3DS on top of it overnight. I've got it shut in a book now. Tried looking up solutions online but they all seem to be assuming that it bent the other way. This is (just one reason) why I hate secret rares.

I've only noticed this with NA secrets and even then only with super dry weather. The NA secrets are super low quality for some reason.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729737

So I made a thread for the card game in Traditional Games. Mostly for the people over there because it was asked for, but I figured I would link it here. Give me some comments for the OP because I know I can improve it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Onmi posted:

So I made a thread for the card game in Traditional Games. Mostly for the people over there because it was asked for, but I figured I would link it here. Give me some comments for the OP because I know I can improve it.

Could add Kogarashi to the OP, he's my personal go-to yugituber since Y4RM vanished.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Onmi posted:

My inclination would be to summarize a few newest/most popular archetypes in the meta at the time of writing, to give an idea on different playstyles and card interactions that have been built up over the years. Monarchs, Burning Abyss, and U.A. were already brought up, might be good to go hog wild and devote a paragraph or two to each, among other deckbuilds.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I feel I've seen this happen before. Which only made me laugh even harder about it.

Also good episode this week. I didn't expect the prison break to end in failure. Also, apparently even Roger answers to people above him, that's a rather sharp difference from Rex Godwin who he seemed to be taking the role of. Reiji was talking to the people of authority and setting up his plans, unsurprisingly, but at least now we know where every Lancer is. Also the whole thing with Tokumatsu inspiring the Friendship Cup and his happiness in entering it was cute.

Next episode, the King! Finally!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
We totally did get that before and it is awesome.

Man im loving this arc.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel I've seen this happen before. Which only made me laugh even harder about it.

Back in Standard, Kachidoki just punched a wall and has no idea why.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

drat you illogical rulings. :argh:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Missing the timing.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Priority.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Inherent summons.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
SUMMONED SKULL IS AN ARCHFIEND!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Xoidanor posted:

How is that an illogical ruling? They can't be Level 0 if they don't have a Level at all. That's one of the few things in this game that DOES make sense.

VJeff posted:

SUMMONED SKULL IS AN ARCHFIEND!
EXCEPT FROG THE JAM!

Slur posted:

Inherent summons.
gently caress inherent summons. :argh:

Vandar fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 6, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kachidoki is still the only character I want to constantly be shat on until the end of his days. ...okay him and the quiz kid.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Good episode.
Bit of world building, bit of plot progression.
Good animation for once.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Beef Chief posted:

Kachidoki is still the only character I want to constantly be shat on until the end of his days. ...okay him and the quiz kid.

Never speak ill of Anime Cobra Kai, yugioh would be better if players could punch each other in the gut. :colbert:

Wondr if the old guys are Yliaster to the point of actually being robots.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wondr if the old guys are Yliaster to the point of actually being robots.

The Chairman has long, braided eyebrows.

I'm going to say he's a robot for sure.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

So, have the villains revealed their motives yet?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Slur posted:

So, have the villains revealed their motives yet?

The Fusion Dimension wants to unite all dimensions into one. Roger just seems to want full control over the Synchro Dimension because he's a power-hungry rear end yet has to answer to people higher than himself. He also seems to know about the Fusion Dimension despite playing the fool, considering how he singles out Serena as a Fusion-user, ignoring the Xyz and Pendulum users that should be just as big of a curiosity to him.

I couldn't care less though, I want Jack Motherfucking Atlas. Next episode is going to goddamn rock. Make way for the King!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This episode interested a whole lot of interesting things. Pseudo-Yliaster are clearly up to something and are incredibly suspicious already, but it also appears that they're not really Roger's allies either, and he definitely knows more than he's letting on. It looks like everything going on in the Synchro Dimension could turn into a three-way battle between Roger, Yliaster and the Lancers, as it seems everybody's got different plans in the works.

Looks like we're starting another tournament arc soon but drat there's a lot of people going to be involved in it, not just all the lancers but Crow and his crew, and Yugo and Yuzu as well. There's going to be a lot of moving pieces involved and it saddens me that we're probably not going to be able to see all the duels, hopefully Tsukikage and Sawatari will at least get a spotlight duel because they haven't really shown off their decks yet, and Yuzu could really use a duel since she hasn't had one in a while. Speaking of her though i'm interested in what's going to happen with her and Yugo because she should know Yuya and the others are around because of the exhibition match and she's definitely going to want to meet up with them, and Yugo and Yuya's meeting should be interesting.

But more importantly, in the next episode Jack is Back!! :getin:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Put something about various slang terms into the OP, like bounce = back to hand, spin = back to (top of) deck, float = replaces itself.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

How is that an illogical ruling? They can't be Level 0 if they don't have a Level at all. That's one of the few things in this game that DOES make sense.

The idea of levels being supplanted by rank is something you only realise when the game hits you over the head with it after you play something like level limit area b.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

The rank thing always annoyed the hell out of me when I played on DN, because I had to wait 40 minutes for an admin call for the admin to tell the idiot to play after I dropped Area B.

Slur fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 7, 2015