Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
*woody and buzz holding hands awaiting their unavoidable death*

Got a lot of dust on my eyeballs here boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHg394xwuHg

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

men can only cry at their daughter's wedding and when watching this with your son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eVNCB4ExYE

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
someone play some loving pet shop boys

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

lawnchat for n4butts:

get a ryobi weed wacker, their new stuff is solid.
On a 1 acre plot of land with trees, planters, 2 vegetable gardens, and rockpiles galore, i've done 4 complete lawn trims this year and am still somehow on the original spool of filament.

lawnmower: look at http://www.scag.com/ these are what you want, not a lowes/home depot sales special. rugged, huge cutting footprint & fast.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
N4I, it's still muricah day on the west coast best coast.

Reopen the thread tia.

Also ban that one annoying Canadian gently caress

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
terminator genesis : watch the movie until kyle goes into the first time travel device and leave the theater.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I just saw genisys and thought it was alright. :shrug: They shouldn't have given away such a big twist in the drat trailer though.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

USMC503 posted:

Reopen the thread tia.

Also ban that one annoying Canadian gently caress

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Terminator 2 is loving incredible. Every time I watch it, I completely forgot just how perfect it is.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The entire full length movies "The Day After" and "Threads" are available on YouTube. We need to do a GiP "Let's Watch" thread wherein we watch the two greatest movies about the nuclear holocaust as one big happy fun loving gang.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I know not to expect much but I'm going to see new terminator because I've seen every one but the first in theaters. Also Emilia Clarke is mai waifu

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

The entire full length movies "The Day After" and "Threads" are available on YouTube. We need to do a GiP "Let's Watch" thread wherein we watch the two greatest movies about the nuclear holocaust as one big happy fun loving gang.

Threads got taken down for copyright a while back, and it's difficult to find in the other usual ways. Amazon has the odd copy sometimes...for $80. drat shame since it's a great movie.Threads is something to watch when you're in a bad mood but enjoying it.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
threads and event horizon are my go-to movies for when I can't sleep

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Trip Report from DC: A lot of pretty girls wearing a lot of flattering sundresses.

Also Dave Grohl built an iron throne out of guitar necks, lighting stuff and a speaker stack. Entire show was phenomenal. Got to see Buddy Guy and the Foos both tear poo poo up. A Good Day.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

went for a run at the park and some fucker stole my water bottle

albuquerque is a filthy city for scumbags

krispykremessuck posted:

threads and event horizon are my go-to movies for when I can't sleep

starship troopers needs to be on that list

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
5 wrecks in a 10 mile stretch of I 75, picked a great day to drive back to columbus

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

starship troopers needs to be on that list

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Darwin and Freedom Day claims another irreplaceable jewel of our generation

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/05/man-dies-after-attempting-to-shoot-fireworks-from-top-of-head/

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I'm really hungover today

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I'm really hungover today

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

A mortar? Is there any firework that's LESS reliable?

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
I guess thats a way to blow your brains out. Entertaining and fun for the whole family!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I've got a little bit of a snail infestation in my aquarium so I went and got a loach today.

Little dude's going to town :getin:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

From article posted:

Devon Staples and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks Saturday night in the backyard of a friend’s home in the small eastern Maine city of Calais, said Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety. Staples, 22, of Calais, placed a fireworks mortar tube on his head and set it off, he said.

Lmao. Rip in piss, idiot.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Went to a friend's BBQ, dude made 23 pounds of Memphis smoked ribs and a gallon of coleslaw, my brother and I took care of the beer with a keg of Sam Adams Tetravis "Brew Master's choice". 30 people were supposed to show, only 21 made it so we ended up over-eating and over-drinking. Watched the fireworks, set off some of our own and taught the kids how to put out a lawn fire and play tag with snappers.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Went to a friend's BBQ, dude made 23 pounds of Memphis smoked ribs and a gallon of coleslaw, my brother and I took care of the beer with a keg of Sam Adams Tetravis "Brew Master's choice". 30 people were supposed to show, only 21 made it so we ended up over-eating and over-drinking. Watched the fireworks, set off some of our own and taught the kids how to put out a lawn fire and play tag with snappers.

gently caress... And I thought my day was p. good....

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MurderBot posted:

gently caress... And I thought my day was p. good....

The entire ride back home my girlfriend was trying to talk me in to having kids, so there were a few drawbacks

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The 4th of July is a great purge for our country.

I once watched a guy tape a dud mortar to a fresh one. He made it about 6 feet before they exploded.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
New terminator wasn't the worst thing it it also wasn't the best. It does however have the best one liner of all the summer movies: "GOD drat TIME TRAVELING ROBOTS!"

Jk Simmons owns.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

I see your darwin firework story and raise you a darwin alligator story. The mans last words other than AHHHH HELP were "gently caress the alligators" and then he jumped in

http://fox2now.com/2015/07/04/st-louis-man-mocks-alligators-jumps-in-water-and-is-killed-in-texas/

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I don't click fox news links

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

A mortar? Is there any firework that's LESS reliable?

I've had a roman candle backfire into my eye, a ball canister tip over and start shooting at the audience, bottle rockets go any which way, but I've never had a mortar problem.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
Mortars with the disposable bases break the bases a lot and you'll get weird results from that. If you put it on a piece of plywood or something else that's level and not flexible, they usually do fine. Your skull isn't a good spot for it. Attach the base to a piece of plywood and fire it laterally, and then see if you want the plastic circle on the bottom of the base to impact the top of your head like that.

Buzz bombs have been about the least reliable in my experience, in terms of how frequently they're duds, and how frequently they do something completely unexpected.

If you're talking about professional grade 3"+ mortars, you really need to keep an eye on the tube you've sunk into the ground for it, they'll unseat eventually and you might have a 4 or 5" shell detonate about 25 feet above ground, which is not desirable.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I'm actually counting down the days until this summer is over. School can't start soon enough :sigh:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Got one! I actually talked to the dude cause I went to high school with him and did a sorta apology. I only apologized because they had taken a screenshot and posted it around and I don't want idiots sending me death threats or whatever. Still funny

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
You know what rules? Seeing your car insurance bill go down. :buddy:

I think this means that I'm starting to get old. :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

25 years old is that magic super drop off across the board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

25 years old is that magic super drop off across the board

The only age to look forward to after that is death

• Locked thread