Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Which is what makes yanking it so totally strange: it was anodyne to the max. The only possible explanation is that Gaiman had to take it down for legal reasons, no? Unless it somehow offended a close friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Which is what makes yanking it so totally strange: it was anodyne to the max. The only possible explanation is that Gaiman had to take it down for legal reasons, no? Unless it somehow offended a close friend.

Hussie Gaiman friends for life confirmed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
sternutate

quote:

To expel air as a reflex induced by an irritation in the nose.

thanks, jasperose

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I feel nothing but a deep sense of dread.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
oh my god this is so hard to read tavros jake stop feeding off each other's insecurities everything is terrible

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Taking all bets:

They all end up Prototyped together
Tavros and Nepeta end up Prototyped together
Jake ends up prototyped

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

They both have one prototyping left. I wonder what will mean when they smash together next update.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

oh my god this is so hard to read tavros jake stop feeding off each other's insecurities everything is terrible

uh well jasperose got tavros to eat a button, thats kind of amusing...

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

WAR FOOT posted:

Taking all bets:

They all end up Prototyped together
Tavros and Nepeta end up Prototyped together
Jake ends up prototyped

Going with Option D: Jasprose and Nepeta prototype together.

Also, sad that this pretty much closes the door on Johnsprite.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I missed the way Jake talks. I didn't miss Tavros though. He's really not such a great person.

Anyway, Nepeta. Sup, Nepeta.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Last Monday (release time):
Dirk xor Dave: My well-informed opinion is that you have worth as a sentient being, and are valuable in ways that have nothing to do with your skills.
Dave xor Dirk: Back atcha.

This Monday:
Jake xor Tavros: My well-informed opinion is that I suck in all ways, nobody loves me, and I will die useless and alone.
Tavros xor Jake: You're quite right, and back at me.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Dear loving christ I hope that Jasprosesprite dies and and or immediately leaves the story forever. Now I know how the Vriska haters must feel.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Ohhhhh. I got tricked and stopped reading here:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=009704

That's a different forward arrow than before.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tavrosprite gets made, is blue
Jasprosespritex2 gets made, blinks pink and purple
Nepetasprite gets made, is green
Jaspetrosespritex3 gets made, blinks pink and purple and green
Jaspetavrosespritex4 gets made, blinks blue and pink and purple and green

you see where this is going, right?

what else blinks dozens of colors and hasn't been explained yet? yeah

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

so, fun facts: We have the Rogue of Heart in play, who steals souls for other people's benefit. We also have Nepeta's shipping skills (???). And we know that if the refrigerator got opened, Gamzee is also back in play.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Arsenic Lupin posted:

so, fun facts: We have the Rogue of Heart in play, who steals souls for other people's benefit. We also have Nepeta's shipping skills (???). And we know that if the refrigerator got opened, Gamzee is also back in play.

Actually, given the virulent hate Jasprosespritesprite seems to have for both Gamzee and Eridan, I don't know if Gamzee is in play right now.

Also I don't think JRS^2 is going to join with Tavros, even as a hypothetical JRNS^3. Rose's now-open contempt for him is going to keep them away.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jasprosesprite is scaring me.

Also, I forgot how much I enjoyed the way Jake talks, but too bad this update was entirely him going on about how happy he was about having accepted that he is awful and bad in just about every conceivable way. It is depressing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Jasprosesprite is scaring me.

Also, I forgot how much I enjoyed the way Jake talks, but too bad this update was entirely him going on about how happy he was about having accepted that he is awful and bad in just about every conceivable way. It is depressing.

Oh lord, I completely forgot to address that. I know Vriska didn't deliberately put toxic people together, but those two are just outstandingly depressing.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Any time some one tries to defend Tavros, I, in theory, want to join in with them.

Then I remember how Tavros actually is and holy poo poo he's awful.

Also Nepetasprite is about to have something HORRIBLE happen to her.

EDIT:

JASPROSESPRITE^2: I detect that you may have been toyed with and disrespected by none other than the supreme puppeteer of unrepentant horseshit himself.

Oh poo poo she knows about Hussie

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Ooohhhh no. I don't like where this is going. Please don't make Nepvosprite^2. Please just toss a hat in there or something so it's still Nepeta but she really likes hats and wears a hat. Nephatasprite. Anything. Give Tavros some grass from this beautiful grassy planet and make him Grasvosprite. Just spare them.

Maybe Tavros will sneeze on Nepeta and she'll become Spitpeta and that's it.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 6, 2015

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Oh god the people celebrating Aromantic Jake. You stupid stupid bastards.

Yes, it's super great that Jake thinks he's so awful that he shouldn't spend any time with anyone and shouldn't be romantically involved with people because he's toxic. What an absolute loving win and totally a sincere moment of self-actualization and not just low self-esteem bullshit and an obviously harmful mindset.

On the other hand, Tavros was completely on the mark about his absolute lack of quality. Nice!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Tavros is bad, but pretty much in an adolescent, cureable way. Much the same is true of Jake, and their "I've screwed up! I'm such a loser, I should just go hide from everyone forever" feelings are pretty standard fare for melodramatic teens who think their first failed relationship (or, uh, death and resurrection?) indicate they're doomed to eternal awfulness. And if it helps, the Tavros who followed Vriska to the treasure seemed to grow at least a little out of his douchy suck-up phase when he realized being around Vriska is actually toxic and he could just gently caress off at any time, as good a character sendoff as Tavros could hope for.

Anyway, who cares about any of that poo poo because it's immediately overshadowed by the much more important deal that Nepeta is back. Hell yes, let's get some irrelevant character shenanigans out of that. Maybe she has some issues she can introduce and work out over the course of several conversations while we wait for fights to happen? She's verbalizing again, that's a good start.

I'll be honest I didn't read a word after Jasperosesprite^2 asked where the kernel is because I just started rushing through the updates to see if she was really going to bring back Nepeta.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

nerdbot posted:

Ooohhhh no. I don't like where this is going. Please don't make Nepvosprite^2. Please just toss a hat in there or something so it's still Nepeta but she really likes hats and wears a hat. Nephatasprite. Anything. Give Tavros some grass from this beautiful grassy planet and make him Grasvosprite. Just spare them.

There's no way Nepeta and Tavros will make it through the next few updates without having something like this happening. (Unless Hussie just doesn't focus on this scene for a while I guess)

Mind you, I'd like them to stick around, actually! So I'd love to be wrong.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Oh god the people celebrating Aromantic Jake. You stupid stupid bastards.

Yes, it's super great that Jake thinks he's so awful that he shouldn't spend any time with anyone and shouldn't be romantically involved with people because he's toxic. What an absolute loving win and totally a sincere moment of self-actualization and not just low self-esteem bullshit and an obviously harmful mindset.
Yeah. That was quite a display of "Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I am unworthy of any kind of friendship let alone romance, I guess I'll just attack the enemy with fists and die." Totally to be taken as an accurate representation of reality.

Has anything happened to Jake's guns? The "flexing our guns" obvs applies to biceps, not to weapons, unless he's got special bendy weapons.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm quite souring on Jasprosesprite^2 for seemingly buying into Vriska's whole "Jake is actually worthless" thing. There has to be more to it than that, and as part Seer of Light she really should see that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

A good poster posted:

I'm quite souring on Jasprosesprite^2 for seemingly buying into Vriska's whole "Jake is actually worthless" thing. There has to be more to it than that, and as part Seer of Light she really should see that.

jasperose is rose minus any kind of filter. its entirely possible rose thinks hes a dumbass but is too polite to say so.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

A good poster posted:

I think the beta kids and the trolls have probably loosely bought into it too, since they don't really know Jake and met him at his lowest point, and Vriska and Tavrosprite helped set the tone (Vriska by calling him a loser and Tavros by being a loser attaching himself to a fellow loser). Once someone with some investment in him gets a chance to weigh in, like Jade or Dirk (if Dirk can be made to talk to his ex), things might turn around.

Maybe he'll do something useful when confronted by Spades Slick and the gang, and that'll be somewhat redemptive in the group's eyes?

Also I assume Tavpetasprite would explode like Tavriskasprite due to Tavros's imagined cat allergies. Soooo maybe that'll be a way to get rid of them?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah. That was quite a display of "Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I am unworthy of any kind of friendship let alone romance, I guess I'll just attack the enemy with fists and die." Totally to be taken as an accurate representation of reality.

Has anything happened to Jake's guns? The "flexing our guns" obvs applies to biceps, not to weapons, unless he's got special bendy weapons.

I think it's also a way for him to run away from his relationships and commitments to people. He pretty much said that he left very quickly without talking to anyone. Which is also very unhealthy. Jake has serious problems communicating with people and prefers to avoid facing tough situations. Running away to an island won't make him happy. At best it'll be the kind of fakey happiness Tavros has.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 6, 2015

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Hey, I just realized with Roxy's rogue of void powers she could probably make a new slab for the non-god tier characters.

I doubt it'll come into play anytime soon, though?

Ice_Mallet fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 6, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dolash posted:

I think the beta kids and the trolls have probably loosely bought into it too, since they don't really know Jake and met him at his lowest point, and Vriska and Tavrosprite helped set the tone (Vriska by calling him a loser and Tavros by being a loser attaching himself to a fellow loser). Once someone with some investment in him gets a chance to weigh in, like Jade or Dirk (if Dirk can be made to talk to his ex), things might turn around.

Maybe he'll do something useful when confronted by Spades Slick and the gang, and that'll be somewhat redemptive in the group's eyes?

Also I assume Tavpetasprite would explode like Tavriskasprite due to Tavros's imagined cat allergies. Soooo maybe that'll be a way to get rid of them?

are you seriously saying that vriska made everyone hate jake

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Jake's recent stuff is real uncomfortable to read because it reminds me a lot of myself at his age, and that guy was an rear end in a top hat.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

GADZOOKS
LAND SAKES ALIVE
SOCK IT TO ME
BY GUM
HOLY TOLEDO
HELLO NURSE
FIDDLE FADDLE
AY CHI HUA HUA
JUMPIN JEHOSA PHAT

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

paranoid randroid posted:

are you seriously saying that vriska made everyone hate jake

What? No. Just that she helped set the tone for the people who didn't really know him yet. Her sniffing him out as a loser partly because he pinged Tavros's fellow-loser-dar and nobody stepping up to challenge her over it is probably the sort of thing that'd give Karkat, Kanaya, Rose, Terezi, Dave and Jasperosesprite^2 the impression that "I guess this Jape guy must be a loser".

Edit - it was in response to Jasperosesprite^2 buying into the "Jake is useless" thing, which probably isn't something specific to her but rather how most of the characters who don't know him are going based on their first impression.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 6, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dolash posted:

What? No. Just that she helped set the tone for the people who didn't really know him yet. Her sniffing him out as a loser partly because he pinged Tavros's fellow-loser-dar and nobody stepping up to challenge her over it is probably the sort of thing that'd give Karkat, Kanaya, Rose, Terezi, Dave and Jasperosesprite^2 the impression that "I guess this Jape guy must be a loser".

Edit - it was in response to Jasperosesprite^2 buying into the "Jake is useless" thing, which probably isn't something specific to her but rather how most of the characters who don't know him are going based on their first impression.

i think its less that jasperose has "bought into" anything and its more that rose can be kind of nasty. like when jade told her that her mom was dead and rose said she wouldnt expect tact from someone raised by a dog.

honestly outside of terezi, i dont think most of the people on the lilypad are the kind of people who would treat someone like a chump just because they kind of come off like one.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

So can a hypothetical tavpetasprite^2 still be prototyped further?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Actually I think we've already seen that without one of them already being double prototyped it would create a black hole.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Has anyone guessed that the super powered cherubs have already completed their session and are ruling over their universe as gods?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Rosesprite unwillingly prototyped Jaspersprite for her second slot. Tavrosprite and Nepetasprite can each be prototyped further.

Technically one could prototype the other, but...if they both have a slot open.....what.....what happens.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Color Printer posted:

Rosesprite unwillingly prototyped Jaspersprite for her second slot. Tavrosprite and Nepetasprite can each be prototyped further.

Technically one could prototype the other, but...if they both have a slot open.....what.....what happens.

I'm inclined toward the "black hole" theory reignonyourparade suggested. Each sprite would try to prototype the other, although what with all the strangeness of their session maybe the cataclysm would be averted since there's no Skaia hooked up to their sprites using them for prototyping or some such thing? I don't think anything they've put into sprites in the Alpha session has affected Prospit or Derse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Color Printer posted:

I believe that would result in a black hole. Caliborn's became a black hole, and I think it was because it was Caliborn's and Calliope's coming out at the same time and prototyping each other. That's just me though. If that does happen, that's quite bad. The spritesprite black hole grows very quickly, becoming large enough to absorb a planet within mintues and only continuing to grow from there. Maybe Roxy could do something about it, but that sounds like a problem only Jade could solve.