Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vyelkin posted:

Frankly I'm surprised RVP is leaving since he and LVG are best buds.

Maybe because of this Luis could be honest and told him he was crocked and he that he should go away and earn lots of money before he is technically dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Blue Star Error posted:

I wish someone would make a massive transfer that would get tongues wagging and lips smacking this is boring

Perez has not made his move yet, be patient.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blue Star Error posted:

I wish someone would make a massive transfer that would get tongues wagging and lips smacking this is boring

Same, OP

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Di Marzio is reporting that Tottenham reached an agreement with Atletico for Alderweireld, €16m fee.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

trem_two posted:

Di Marzio is reporting that Tottenham reached an agreement with Atletico for Alderweireld, €16m fee.
Toby, nooooo...

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

Get hosed, really?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
One day Spurs will sign a good defender. They've had enough attempts at it.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Reading have signed Jonathan Bond, one of Englands under-21 keepers. Can someone tell me if he is good or not thanks

Apparently only cost £250k so if he's at all decent probably a decent bit of business there

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Hopefully Gunter can convince him to come back to Wales, the border-jumping oval office.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

trem_two posted:

loving hell, I was starting to get my hopes up that he'd sign for us

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Reading have signed Jonathan Bond, one of Englands under-21 keepers. Can someone tell me if he is good or not thanks

Apparently only cost £250k so if he's at all decent probably a decent bit of business there

He's alright, couldn't really break into the Watford squad though, at £250k it is a pretty good deal, would've preferred if he was loaned out instead to see how he fared as a first choice keeper in the championship for a season though.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

trem_two posted:

What a strange transfer for Tottenham. Decent player but no where near the quality they need

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hegay posted:

What a strange transfer for Tottenham. Decent player but no where near the quality they need

He was part of the second best defense in the premier league last season

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Jose posted:

He was part of the second best defense in the premier league last season

Was he?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The second best defence in the country... The second best defence...The second best defence...

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I hope Toby turns down Spurs and sign for us, if he does sign for Spurs I hope he does a Lovren and proves himself incapable of basic defending without Jose Fonte there to hold his hand.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

HJB posted:

The second best defence in the country... The second best defence...The second best defence...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Starsnostars posted:

I hope Toby turns down Spurs and sign for us, if he does sign for Spurs I hope he does a Lovren and proves himself incapable of basic defending without Jose Fonte there to hold his hand.

This will happen. Clyne too

pdog
May 7, 2013

Starsnostars posted:

But him and Vertonghen were good together at Ajax.
If it was a straight choice, I assume hed choose Spurs because of all the Belgs + Eriksen.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sad to see big bacca go, was hoping roma or arsenal would nab him but i wish him success at milan

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Seeing that Watford want to buy both Etienne Capoue and Benjamin Stambouli.

Well, they're welcome to them.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
spurs fire sale needs to start now otherwise Poch is going to have some tough decisions to make

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bet Stambouli regrets turning Swansea down now.

Not that he could get into our midfield either.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Apparently there's some legal dispute over Alderweireld?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

euroboy posted:

Apparently there's some legal dispute over Alderweireld?

Aye. It appears that Atletico could buy out Southampton's buyout clause (which was £6.8M) but never did so, or didn't do it time. Southampton feel they have a legal claim to him and that Atletico can't sell him.

Simon Peach is the one making most of the postings on it.

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach

pdog
May 7, 2013
If this is true, then could Alderweireld reject Southampton when Atletico let him talk to Saints?
I think that's what Salah did to Fiorentina

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Blue Star Error posted:

we're definitely signing ronald, son

i'm just going to sit here and wait for it to be announced

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Blue Star Error posted:

Leicester City released Pearson's kid a while ago

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

brocked posted:

Leicester City released Pearson's kid a while ago

He didn't mention holes puckering.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Akileese posted:

Aye. It appears that Atletico could buy out Southampton's buyout clause (which was £6.8M) but never did so, or didn't do it time. Southampton feel they have a legal claim to him and that Atletico can't sell him.

Simon Peach is the one making most of the postings on it.

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach

Atletico only had to pay Southampton £1.5m, but the deadline for that has apparently passed.

Liverpool proved with Suarez/Arsenal that football contracts really aren't worth the paper they're printed on. If two teams want to make a deal, they will most likely make that deal regardless of any legal ramifications. I suspect that £1.5m will be tacked on to Toby's fee and the transfer will still go through. Saints might get a payoff like the Mikel transfer.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

When do Premier League clubs start their pre seasons? Would have thought fairly shortly if it starts on the 8th of August.

Surprised to see such little movement, even this early in the window. Arsenal and Chelsea are pretty complete squads at the moment but United and, especially, City really need to strengthen and I would have thought they would have flexed their financial muscle by now.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Apparently Liverpool are going to end the Manquillo loan early and send him back to Atletico thanks to signing Clyne. Seems harsh since he was decent for a defender so young and with Glen Johnson gone and Flanagan crocked we could well end up needing cover at right back.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

When do Premier League clubs start their pre seasons? Would have thought fairly shortly if it starts on the 8th of August.

Surprised to see such little movement, even this early in the window. Arsenal and Chelsea are pretty complete squads at the moment but United and, especially, City really need to strengthen and I would have thought they would have flexed their financial muscle by now.

Some of the clubs have already started. I would assume the clubs with early Euro commitments are days away.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Shrapnig posted:

Some of the clubs have already started. I would assume the clubs with early Euro commitments are days away.

I think west ham already played a match, even.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Apparently Liverpool are going to end the Manquillo loan early and send him back to Atletico thanks to signing Clyne. Seems harsh since he was decent for a defender so young and with Glen Johnson gone and Flanagan crocked we could well end up needing cover at right back.

Wisdom is back and signed a new contract. I liked Manquillo too but don't think he was a huge step up from Wisdom and we probably would have had to pay a bit to keep him permanently. Right call from us imo.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

Wisdom is back and signed a new contract. I liked Manquillo too but don't think he was a huge step up from Wisdom and we probably would have had to pay a bit to keep him permanently. Right call from us imo.

It was a two year loan so we could keep him for another year and decide whether or not to buy him permanently next summer.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
van Persie was so good in his first season at United, it's a shame his injuries reared up again. Hope he does well or at least rakes in some cash at his next endeavour.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Van Persie will absolutely rape the Turkish league

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

Van Persie will absolutely rape the Turkish league
Sneijder didn't exactly light them up, I doubt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007