Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

K8.0 posted:

You should be way more scared of what Kayle is going to do.

Especially since she has buffs coming. She gon be duuuuuuuumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
somewhere methanar is salivating profusely

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
it's illegal to salivate in canada

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Transient People posted:

Especially since she has buffs coming. She gon be duuuuuuuumb

/drool

I'm so hype, I love jungle Kayle

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

so whenever i try to log in, as it loads up the images for the home screen it freezes. and by "it" I mean my entire loving computer

good poo poo riot

I have had this problem for a few patches now. Every time I boot up league for the first time after I have rebooted my computer everything freezes the first time I load up. It will eventually work itself out if I leave it alone for a bit and it won't happen until I reboot again.

If this isn't your problem idk and that sucks, but it took me a long time to realize that's exactly what was happening to me so I hope that helps.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
Full AP Nasus in ARAM is so ridiculously fun.

Point and click triple kills with e, and if anyone marks and dives you, r and q w e.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

full ap everything in everything is fun. it just usually results in losing the game

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
This shits going to get kayle deleted again

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

I have had this problem for a few patches now. Every time I boot up league for the first time after I have rebooted my computer everything freezes the first time I load up. It will eventually work itself out if I leave it alone for a bit and it won't happen until I reboot again.

If this isn't your problem idk and that sucks, but it took me a long time to realize that's exactly what was happening to me so I hope that helps.

yeah i figured this out after i went and took a piss and it was fine when i came back. I wonder if theres something going on with this and the most recent Windows update because I finally updated Windows last night and it was working fine before the update. Strange.

in other news, Spirit Visage on ADC's as a sustain boosting item in the el pokerino meta, pls r8 on scale of 1-8 of goodness

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1877595683/38423259
i didnt have the idea until last item came around but I honestly think as like 3rd item vs poke heavy teams SV is what you want, thoughts?????????????

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I get it against AP heavy teams but I'm also bad so

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah i figured this out after i went and took a piss and it was fine when i came back. I wonder if theres something going on with this and the most recent Windows update because I finally updated Windows last night and it was working fine before the update. Strange.

in other news, Spirit Visage on ADC's as a sustain boosting item in the el pokerino meta, pls r8 on scale of 1-8 of goodness

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1877595683/38423259
i didnt have the idea until last item came around but I honestly think as like 3rd item vs poke heavy teams SV is what you want, thoughts?????????????

sounds lame as hell in basically every game that you arent up against a team that does no burst damage but lots of sustained magic damage.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
yeah thats why i mentioned poke champs you friggin DWEEB

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think BV is too important not to have vs poke cause it can legit save you just dying on the following up whereas SV won't until you can ls back up, which ya really need BT to do quickly.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Speaking of AP

Playing Leona pre-30 I've had games where I kinda need to do way more damage then I'm doing because my team mates are dropping the ball, even if I have everyone CC'd. What's the go-to thing to build when I need to make zenith blade poke someone's eye out?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Speaking of AP

Playing Leona pre-30 I've had games where I kinda need to do way more damage then I'm doing because my team mates are dropping the ball, even if I have everyone CC'd. What's the go-to thing to build when I need to make zenith blade poke someone's eye out?

You're better off building a Triforce or some other good single offense item, AP on Leona isn't all that useful as she just doesn't have very good ratios. Zenith Blade will most definantely never do loads of damage, and your main job is to lock people down instead of murder them. (Unless you're AD Leona).

There are better champs if you want to just murder people, but you won't be nearly as unkillable or have as much CC as Leona.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Hydra Leona is the way to get damage. Her Q is an AA reset that also makes the NEXT attack happen faster. Combine that with the hydra active and you can push lanes like a boss if you need to.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah thats why i mentioned poke champs you friggin DWEEB

adcs generally have room for 1 defensive item. that means for spirit visage to be a great pick up over other typical defensive options you need to be playing against a team that has only poke and nothing else. it needs to be primarily magic damage, sustained, and unreliable such that you are free to auto attack in fights. there needs to be a lack of extreme melee damage dealers, which means no assassins, etc. if there is somehow a meta like that then by all means go ahead. but its just way too situational

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Gibberish posted:

op.gg's MMR application sucks once you get into Diamond territory and constantly changes the average MMR by like 200 ELO per refresh. Mine just went from 2200 to 1900 as the average after 20 minutes

I lost about 400 by going away for 5 days and getting married.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Whats Azirs build order? Morello into Rabadons/Zhonyas if you need to insec as an engage? Void then Ludens/Item you didn't get?

When in general do you want Ludens before Rabadons

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mikujin posted:

You should email them to tell them they need to fix their poo poo to account for real life.

Also congrats on getting married I guess!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Whats Azirs build order? Morello into Rabadons/Zhonyas if you need to insec as an engage? Void then Ludens/Item you didn't get?

When in general do you want Ludens before Rabadons

Unless your champ has a scaling shield if your build path has both ludens and dcap I cant imagine its right to build the dcap before a ludens like ever? There are probably corner cases I am not thinking of but it seems to be a fairly good rule of thumb

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Mikujin posted:

time for dadyr cosplay

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

Speaking of AP

I like to get Iceborn Gauntlet when we don't have quite enough damage, it's usually just the amount of offensive power you need while still providing a bit of armor. Also your team is less likely to tilt if you build it which ends up being important ime.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Speaking of AP

You lose the game in that case because your teammates are failures and Leona isn't a damage champion.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

rabidsquid posted:

Unless your champ has a scaling shield if your build path has both ludens and dcap I cant imagine its right to build the dcap before a ludens like ever? There are probably corner cases I am not thinking of but it seems to be a fairly good rule of thumb

In my experience it's not as important to dwell on which item to buy as it is to pursue the power spikes whichever item you buy gives you. For instance, an Azir with Luden's can poke people out before a dragon fight but an Azir with Dcap might just want his frontline to hard engage so he can melt whoever gets locked up.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Space Flower posted:

In my experience it's not as important to dwell on which item to buy as it is to pursue the power spikes whichever item you buy gives you. For instance, an Azir with Luden's can poke people out before a dragon fight but an Azir with Dcap might just want his frontline to hard engage so he can melt whoever gets locked up.

the difference between a ludens first and a deathcap first is like 36 ap more if you buy deathcap if i remember correctly. but ludens gets you that passive damage boost

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's really kind of sad that AP ezreal is a lot better and it's still kind of poo poo if the enemy brings more than 1 champion that builds defensive items to the team

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Darude LANstorm is one of the greatest SNs ever made

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

NTT posted:

It's really kind of sad that AP ezreal is a lot better and it's still kind of poo poo if the enemy brings more than 1 champion that builds defensive items to the team

Either way you still annihilate squishies with 800 damage Qs. Its OP as hell.

AP Ezreal made me want to start playing mid again so might as well go ham and pick the hardest one there is :getin:
Ludens Azir seems more fun than rabadons but I'll give both a go.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Ezreal's trapezoid shot has a weirdly extremely high AP ratio that always surprises me every time I've seen one and always seemingly hits me :mad:

Azir probably likes Rabadons a bit more but Luden's is really really good on him

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Took half a year's break from LoL. Did placements, went 2-8 and got placed in gold 5.
Blood, sweat and tears, and I am finally back at a rating I am satisfied with.
:toot:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Gamerofthegame posted:

Speaking of AP

Build support items in another game with more competent teammates.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

pog boyfriend posted:

the difference between a ludens first and a deathcap first is like 36 ap more if you buy deathcap if i remember correctly. but ludens gets you that passive damage boost

30-50 AP on Azir is still hundreds more damage in a teamfight, and it's also important to consider how much damage you're losing out by building a Luden's first and either: getting your Dcap while the enemy is already stacking MR, or getting a Void and losing out on tons of AP.

Is it enough just to be able to poke out squishy champs? Can you afford the loss of DPS? If so, then Luden's is a fine choice on Azir. But it's rarely the 'best' choice on him since the slight nerf. There's a reason Easyhoon almost always saves Luden's for his 5th-6th purchase, and I recall almost all Azirs this split going Morello-Dcap-Void.

E: Also, for damage on Leo, why not grab a Sunfire? Unconventionally, though, sticking a Tiamat in Leo-Braum builds is pretty sick if you're ahead.

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 6, 2015

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Libertine posted:

You lose the game in that case because your teammates are failures and Leona isn't a damage champion.

Sexpansion posted:

Build support items in another game with more competent teammates.

While true, I'm still hanging around for another twenty minutes so I have to make the best of it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Build good support items and try to make plays from behind. It's the only actual recipe for potentially turning and winning the game. Best case scenario, you do, worst case scenario, you still lose but you go down in a blaze of glory.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
If you're in a game where building damage is winning you fights as Leona, you probably could have built anything else and also been winning fights.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Took half a year's break from LoL. Did placements, went 2-8 and got placed in gold 5.
Blood, sweat and tears, and I am finally back at a rating I am satisfied with.
:toot:

Serious question. How does one force themselves to put blood, sweat, and tears into this game?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Safety Scissors posted:

Serious question. How does one force themselves to put blood, sweat, and tears into this game?

uh. you just do it..?

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Safety Scissors posted:

Sitting at your computer for marathon lengths of time actually suffices to produce all three! Or if you mean how one convinces themselves to do so then the answer is :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

After I won my promo series I thanked God for all his support in my climb.

• Locked thread