Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
I am not sorry that Kevin is sad. :colbert:

Violet Head :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That monologue at the end of Part B was so good. All the feels.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I want to know more about Carlos and Kevin's friendship.

I mean Carlos sounded legit sad about leaving!

Do they have friendship bracelets made out of hair and teeth?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I got all teary-eyed on my drive into work this morning listening to the end of Part B. Well done. :)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man that was an amazing fake-out about Cecil and Carlos breaking up.

What did Kevin say under his breath when Carlos says his scientific gear is all broken and that he lost all his research?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It's pretty obvious that the power source responsible for eternal battery and wifi in the Desert Otherworld is the Smiling God, right?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

TinTower posted:

It's pretty obvious that the power source responsible for eternal battery and wifi in the Desert Otherworld is the Smiling God, right?

It seems likely, which puts Kevin renaming the otherworld Desert Bluffs into some interesting perspective.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

What did Kevin say under his breath when Carlos says his scientific gear is all broken and that he lost all his research?
http://cecilspeaks.tumblr.com/post/121581931771/episode-70a-taking-off

quote:

Kevin, faintly: Ohhh. Ohhh!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I think we should see other people. Stare at them, unblinkingly.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

What is Tumblr up to now?
The answer is "don't ask".

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Action Yak Police posted:

What is Tumblr up to now?
The answer is "don't ask".

The implication that Cecil is not a human seems to be going over their heads.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

TheJoker138 posted:

Clearly the point is that Cecil is not male.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheJoker138 posted:

or that time just straight up Does Nto Work in Night Vale

Which is outright stated from the first episode, and the alternate timeline stuff just highlights it

There is no "canonically"

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

White men, we're allowed one

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I always feel so sorry for maxnmona when I see stuff like that. :(

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Jesus Christ, obviously he's not a 'white male'. He's a disembodied voice whose presence and autonomy is abominable, unknowable, but most of all lovable.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

he's actually a glowing green ball of condensed pure evil. ever seen Heavy Metal? you know the Loc-Nar? that's what Cecil looks like

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I just assume that he's a shapeshifter whose appearance varies based on whoever's looking at him at the time, like the salt vampire critter in that one Star Trek episode.

Are Night Vale residents prone to dropping dead from salt deficiency?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
They're too busy dying of everything else.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

I always feel so sorry for maxnmona when I see stuff like that. :(
Jeez, you're right. I'll stop posting it. I'm sure he sees more than enough crazy everywhere else.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I honestly picture most of the residents of nightvale as lovecraftian monsters. Carlos is basically yog sothoth but with a really great head of hair, in my mind.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

I honestly picture most of the residents of nightvale as lovecraftian monsters. Carlos is basically yog sothoth but with a really great head of hair, in my mind.

When Cecil described his teeth as being like a military cemetery, he wasn't kidding around.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Best Cecil. :colbert:

With bonus Kevin!

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Wandering Knitter posted:

With bonus Kevin!

This is totally headcanon now.

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011

With bonus Kevin!

Yes. This. Exactly this.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
How does an eye wear Hawaiian shirts? (My wife says it's because he's a shape-shifter)

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

There's one where he can look like a person but prefers to spend his time as a bird.
Like a fluffy chicken.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

With bonus Kevin!

What does STEVE CARLSBURG look like, then?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The most inoffensive-looking middle-aged dude.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Sorta on the previous topic, in case you haven't heard, Dylan Marron (aka Carlos) has been creating videos highlighting under-representation of people of color in movies by including all of the words spoken by POC's in one video per movie. It's a pretty interesting series, considering most of the videos are scant seconds long.

http://www.scpr.org/programs/take-two/2015/07/09/43586/actor-re-edits-films-to-demonstrate-hollywood-s-la/
http://ht.ly/PoURz

I am hella white and the series was a real eye-opener, even for movies dear to my heart like Into the Woods.

Just wanted to let you all know about something cool our favorite perfect beautiful scientist is doing!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rose Spirit posted:

Sorta on the previous topic, in case you haven't heard, Dylan Marron (aka Carlos) has been creating videos highlighting under-representation of people of color in movies by including all of the words spoken by POC's in one video per movie. It's a pretty interesting series, considering most of the videos are scant seconds long.

http://www.scpr.org/programs/take-two/2015/07/09/43586/actor-re-edits-films-to-demonstrate-hollywood-s-la/
http://ht.ly/PoURz

I am hella white and the series was a real eye-opener, even for movies dear to my heart like Into the Woods.

Just wanted to let you all know about something cool our favorite perfect beautiful scientist is doing!

Wanna see him do one on the Fast & Furious movies that end up just being the entire movies. Cause those movies loving own.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Action Yak Police posted:

There's one where he can look like a person but prefers to spend his time as a bird.
Like a fluffy chicken.

This one is amazing became the person behind the blog has dropped all of the connections to WTNV and is now just roleplaying chicken shapeshifter.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

What if not even The Man in the Tan Jacket himself can remember his own name once someone isn't looking at him anymore? :psyduck:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Is the Book Tour a signing, or is it a show? I haven't been to a show yet, but I'd like to go to one. If it's just a signing I'm not really too interested.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Fritzler posted:

Is the Book Tour a signing, or is it a show? I haven't been to a show yet, but I'd like to go to one. If it's just a signing I'm not really too interested.

the Book Tour isn't a show, but we have two actual show tours coming up even sooner. there is a UK/Ireland tour from Sep 16-31 and there is a US/Canada tour from Oct 8 - Nov 7 so maybe you should come to one of those

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Earwicker posted:

the Book Tour isn't a show, but we have two actual show tours coming up even sooner. there is a UK/Ireland tour from Sep 16-31 and there is a US/Canada tour from Oct 8 - Nov 7 so maybe you should come to one of those
Yeah, those aren't in Boston, the book tour is. Oh well. Thanks!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah we just did two shows in Boston a couple months ago - the next US tour is areas we missed on the big spring tour

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Earwicker posted:

yeah we just did two shows in Boston a couple months ago - the next US tour is areas we missed on the big spring tour
Yeah, I was in France. I moved around a lot, but I think that's almost over. It's not a big deal. I'll keep an eye out!

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Just went back and listened to your interview on Citizen Radio since they mentioned it on the show, I too find that bread makes me happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I love the new intro music. :allears:

Also it threw me off when Meg said "Night Vale Presents" instead of Commonplace Books :v: