Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Pavlov posted:

I've seen at least one 64, so it's higher than that.

The faction daily npcs got raised to 71 so i assumed it was raised to 70, though some guys told me 63, personally spend a whole lot of time exploring the maps so did not see anyone high level yet.
There is lots of unused space for future content it seems, also found Wudu and the spot in wich Shaolin will go, there is playerhousing villages dotted all over too :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
Alright realtalk me

How much of a pain in the rear end will it be to play MBO if one doesn't read chinese well. Not being able to parse through seems obnoxious.

At least Chinagame was funny in it's hilarious translation failings.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It doesn't seem to big of a deal. The biggest stuff seems to be quests but you have the same click to autopath to quest object stuff like in wushu and those that dont autopath seem pretty straight forward..

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

James Totes posted:

Alright realtalk me

How much of a pain in the rear end will it be to play MBO if one doesn't read chinese well. Not being able to parse through seems obnoxious.

Depends on if you want to talk to people who have already done it. The game is on rails until early 30s. The only problem you might have there is getting to the right zone. After that it opens up, and you'll need to know what you should be doing. If you don't want to talk to people then try it if/when we get a wiki up.
Some things you can learn from the KoS forums though.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

James Totes posted:

Alright realtalk me

...Doesn't read it well or doesn't read it at all?

Because honestly, if you have super super basic chinese (like less than 200 characters), it is a breeze.

Not at all? Most people here are in that boat and are doing just fine. Although navigating a totally unfamiliar language will require a bit of patience and cleverness.

So if you're impatient and stupid, go study chinese for like a week and you'll be fine.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Also, guys, knowing your professions would also be helpful. If we have like 85 hunters, our guild will be sorta hosed.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
gently caress you we will hunt for everything

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I just follow the yellow dots on my map and talk to chinamen along the way.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Can I be the China musician without being stuck playing with my China Guitar every fight? Is China calligrapher actually useful?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Third World Reggin posted:

gently caress you we will hunt for everything

ok have fun with one million pieces of leather

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Haroshia posted:

Can I be the China musician without being stuck playing with my China Guitar every fight? Is China calligrapher actually useful?

YES musician here is nice cause you just gotta play the song once to get a 30min buff.

Maybe, i actually have p limited experience in the matter. I think you can also get like a one-minute buff by playing for like 5 seconds. Point is, you're not playing for the entirety of the battle.

Also I have legit no loving clue what calligrapher does. :iiam:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
I only know a little about calligrapher. They apparently make drawings that can be use to gain permanent stats and meridian points. I believe they have to paint specific scenes though. I've heard the profession is not particularly english-friendly. It's probably something we should figure out eventually though.

Bounty Hunter/Assassin was also kind of broken last time I tried it. Unless they changed something, it's a pain to actually get the bounties because people/bots take them off the bounty board so fast.

We could probably use some Constables and Cart Bodyguards. Constable gets a spiffy outfit with a silly hat, and can do jail related stuff. Bodyguard gets... a lot of money?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Almond Crunch posted:

ok have fun with one million pieces of leather

I am building a fort

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Ok here's what I've learned about the Calligrapher: if you buy one of each painting off the auction house, you can get like 2 million meridian and maybe 30ish stat points really cheap. Can only use a painting of a place once though.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

I only know a little about calligrapher. They apparently make drawings that can be use to gain permanent stats and meridian points. I believe they have to paint specific scenes though. I've heard the profession is not particularly english-friendly. It's probably something we should figure out eventually though.

Bounty Hunter/Assassin was also kind of broken last time I tried it. Unless they changed something, it's a pain to actually get the bounties because people/bots take them off the bounty board so fast.

We could probably use some Constables and Cart Bodyguards. Constable gets a spiffy outfit with a silly hat, and can do jail related stuff. Bodyguard gets... a lot of money?

Cart bodyguards get buffs that make the goddamned cart go faster

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

Ok here's what I've learned about the Calligrapher: if you buy one of each painting off the auction house, you can get like 2 million meridian and maybe 30ish stat points really cheap. Can only use a painting of a place once though.

This honestly confuses me more than anything. Buy paintings? So, do i still make them? Are they bound? What the hell is the auction house?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
If you don't have VIP already, get it. You can use your bound tickets to get it.

It's +2% Dodge, +2% HP, and +2% Accuracy.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Turns out musician is gender-limited to women. So I'm a treasure hunter! It's pretty easy once you get a handle on the Chinese for east/west/south/north. Also they make sub-weapons and clothes it looks like.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Treasure hunter is pretty good. Unless they changed the drop tables, you can make some good money with it too even in your 40s. The meridian gems, cart flags, and the occasional book page all still sell well.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I've got to pick my profession now and I'm thinking about constable/detective because no one has said a thing about it anywhere I've seen. Though I don't want to end up with a profession that revolves around reading chinese...

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
I wish I knew what my profession was, or if I even have one.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Press Ctrl+K. If you have a big painting, then you don't have a profession, and can pick one there. If you have some skill trees, you have a profession. Your profession's icon shows in the bottom left corner.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
I was just trying to find information on the Detective profession.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
I know some people who could use excellent fight against flu.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Constables are super useful.

If they're in a cart party and it's player-attacked, all of the attackers go to jail.

Also, they can start constable missions, which in my experience is the most fun (it's like 5 boss fights in a row, the defend-the-carts one requires a bit of strategy), and has the best rewards. It's limited to 5x per day though.

But yes, constable is kick-rear end, we need them)

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

angerbeet posted:

Turns out musician is gender-limited to women. So I'm a treasure hunter! It's pretty easy once you get a handle on the Chinese for east/west/south/north. Also they make sub-weapons and clothes it looks like.

With those four characters, you can now read half of the cities' names, tooo. Chinese people aren't terribly creative.

Also, I believe calligrapher can play the flute, if anyone else is in this sexual-segregated situation.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Almond Crunch posted:

With those four characters, you can now read half of the cities' names, tooo. Chinese people aren't terribly creative.

Also, I believe calligrapher can play the flute, if anyone else is in this sexual-segregated situation.

Probably more that there are too many characters in their alphabet and they said gently caress it.

I don't know how they remember half of those.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Evil_Greven posted:

Probably more that there are too many characters in their alphabet and they said gently caress it.

I don't know how they remember half of those.

If it's anything like Japanese schools work, it's rote memorization.

At least once you learn radicals and a lot of the basic combinations it gets far easier.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Almond Crunch posted:

Constables are super useful.

If they're in a cart party and it's player-attacked, all of the attackers go to jail.

Also, they can start constable missions, which in my experience is the most fun (it's like 5 boss fights in a row, the defend-the-carts one requires a bit of strategy), and has the best rewards. It's limited to 5x per day though.

But yes, constable is kick-rear end, we need them)

I was just expecting to have some usable skills or something to do when not partied up.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Almond Crunch posted:

That would make sense, because apparently musicians can also do calligraphy. There's some differences in their skill trees, but they kind of seem like gender locked variants on the same profession.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Also I think I'm going to take a plunge and start a wiki, because this game desperately needs one. Anyone have a preference between another super secret private wiki, or just like a public wikia thing?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YhpauKGgQ4

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't know how many people we'll get playing a straight up Chinese MMO but maybe it'd be good to team up with the other English speaking guild, Kill On Sight?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

The main arguments seem to be We Are Elitist Fucks vs. Pavlov Might Not Have to Write Everything Himself. The former argument seems to have won historically though.

A few of us have joined up with KoS for the time being, but I'm afraid if we get a lot of people piling in there, they'll realize how loving awful we are and not want anything to do with us.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well I mean there's not even a Moonlight Blade thread yet

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
I think if we had a wiki, it'd be a lot loving easier to convince people to play the game. I'm totally down to help a little bit)

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Almond Crunch posted:

I think if we had a wiki, it'd be a lot loving easier to convince people to play the game.

That's the general idea. There's not really a point in making a thread and gathering interest until goons can get through the early stages of a game without touching a translator.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Pavlov posted:

Press Ctrl+K. If you have a big painting, then you don't have a profession, and can pick one there. If you have some skill trees, you have a profession. Your profession's icon shows in the bottom left corner.

I have a flute icon and google translate wont even reocgnize one of the characters in the name, so thats as far as I can go.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Treasure Hunter looks like a flute. It's probably that. There should be a smaller icon within the bottom left flute icon (I think, I don't have it in front of me). That will clear your profession if you want another one. There's a cooldown on that but I forget how long it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Pavlov posted:

Treasure Hunter looks like a flute. It's probably that. There should be a smaller icon within the bottom left flute icon (I think, I don't have it in front of me). That will clear your profession if you want another one. There's a cooldown on that but I forget how long it is.

~10 ish hours and also costs unbound gold wich increases every time