Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I can see Tejay sucking Froome's wheel all the way to Paris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Remember when Geraint Thomas rode to Paris with a fractured pelvis? No one blinked an eye.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I don't know much about pro cycling. Can anyone point me to any good articles to read up on the various teams so I can start following the tour this year?

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Forgot to check OP. Carry on (unless I'm missing something)

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Rocks posted:

Forgot to check OP. Carry on (unless I'm missing something)

That's last years OP. Go to Steephill.tv. They've got tons of intro material for this years tour.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Cav all indignant about Fabs beating him in a sprint.

Also probably little upset about Fabs being over 6' tall

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Withnail posted:

Cav all indignant about Fabs beating him in a sprint.

Also probably little upset about Fabs being over 6' tall

Yep, Sagan, Greipel and Cancellara all at least 6'. Little Cav irate.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
I'd like to see a good photo of the finish. First was too close to call with the side angle of the NBC feed.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
never fails to surprise me how 'professional' gc riders ALWAYS lose dumb time in crosswinds. without fail. the only other common theme is that it never happens to bert. he didnt get caught out in that belkin v movistar handbag slapfight in 13, and im pretty sure he caused the breaks/loses in that stage in 09(?)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

goatface posted:

He's gonna need some surgery at the end of all this.

I need him to have enough left to make me a pair of Hanseenos when he retires.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Box Hill Strangler posted:

never fails to surprise me how 'professional' gc riders ALWAYS lose dumb time in crosswinds. without fail. the only other common theme is that it never happens to bert. he didnt get caught out in that belkin v movistar handbag slapfight in 13, and im pretty sure he caused the breaks/loses in that stage in 09(?)
Yeah, I think he's had tended to have a team organised enough to make sure he didn't get into any tight spots or leave his dick weaving in the breeze. I mean, you look at the weather forecast and the course, you KNOW echelons are going to be a thing at some point. Movistar should have known better.

Not to mention that if you get a chance to put some pain on GC rivals early in a race you take it.

Anyway it was a fun stage for a flat one. Lots to see off the road, big long drag for the final sprint - which is where I think Cav got unstuck, Renshaw just ran out of juice and bailed on the lead-out too early and left it right open for someone with trunk legs like Greipel to take the honours.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Box Hill Strangler posted:

No he lost time in 09 when Lance got into the split and he didnt. Thats why he went on the attack on Verbier against team orders.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
ah poo poo i remembered it back to front with bert/lance.

proves my point even better though!

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

African AIDS cum posted:

I can see Tejay sucking Froome's wheel dick all the way to Paris

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

No he lost time in 09 when Lance got into the split and he didnt. Thats why he went on the attack on Verbier against team orders.

I think that was a deliberate trap Lance set to catch him out. He called in favours and had another team I think High Road get the jump on Bert n the rest with him.

Contador learnt a very important lesson that day. Having a strong team in the right spot is crucial otherwise having beast level of power to make the cut if things begin to fracture just in front of you. Anywhere else and it's nigh impossible to come back.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

If you happen to live in France or can be bothered to make it appear like so you can get multi-cam action of the Tour here: http://www.francetvsport.fr/tour-de-france/direct

This could be really nice feature to have during the cobbles and mountain stages.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Is Mr Nice still around? His stage write-ups were amazing last year

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

holy poo poo, what a crash

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Smirr posted:

holy poo poo, what a crash

Fuuuuck

Dude in white got run over by everyone

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Saw Canc's bike flying :(

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Yup he's down.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Into the goddamn light post. Ugh.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
What terrible timing for an ad break

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Holy gently caress this looks bad

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Not sure Fabs looks like he's happy to get going again.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Race neutralised, drat.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Oh gently caress

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Race has been neutralized and Fab's back on his bike. Jeeeeesus christ though

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Classy move from Sky attacking the yellow.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lmao, that sped-up shot of the crash

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Amazing, Prudhomme has to re-neutralise the race because Sky don't know how to act.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:stare:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

ahahaha that little kid in the middle there

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

poo poo Gerrans out

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Im the topless slo-mo geezer

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Meh they channel went for a short news break and there was two huge crashes?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Smirr posted:

Im the topless slo-mo geezer
You're lean as gently caress mate.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Why did they neutralize if the riders wants to keep going?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They've stopped it because all the medical staff are dealing with the mess behind so theres no-one close at hand if theres another accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
What happened at the second crash? It seems to be glossed over